Demi injured for 'several months'

Heres Rixxy

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2019/02/12/hearts-reeling-as-demi-mitchell-returns-to-manchester-united-facing-months-on-the-sidelines-while-michael-smith-is-ruled-out-for-eight-weeks-craig-levein-motherwell/

Ridiculous luck again - just as we looked like getting a full squad together again we lose Smith and now Mitchell. I fear we've seen the last of Demi now.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Top Corner

• Pasquale for King

• 1971fozzy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Heres Rixxy said:

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2019/02/12/hearts-reeling-as-demi-mitchell-returns-to-manchester-united-facing-months-on-the-sidelines-while-michael-smith-is-ruled-out-for-eight-weeks-craig-levein-motherwell/

Ridiculous luck again - just as we looked like getting a full squad together again we lose Smith and now Mitchell. I fear we've seen the last of Demi now.

Jeez it’s never ending.

i did notice that CL did not mention Garuccio as a ready made replacement for Mitchell - not sure if there is anything to be read into there?

Looked like he was training today going by social media. 

We have zero luck. While he has not been great this season, on his day he is a class act.

Sincerely hope it ain’t the new pitch contributing to these crazy injuries.......Smith, Berra, Demi all suffered, Naisy was on similar surface at Murrayfield and can’t recall where Souttar was, Uche was fir park

1 minute ago, red said:

Sincerely hope it ain’t the new pitch contributing to these crazy injuries.......Smith, Berra, Demi all suffered, Naisy was on similar surface at Murrayfield and can’t recall where Souttar was, Uche was fir park

Souttar was on Scotland duty. I doubt it's the pitch.

2 minutes ago, red said:

Souttar was with Scotland. 

6 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Jeez it’s never ending.

i did notice that CL did not mention Garuccio as a ready made replacement for Mitchell - not sure if there is anything to be read into there?

Something is not quite right with the Garuccio situation.

He played really well for us against Hamilton and Hibs when called upon and then has never been seen again.

Has there been some kind of fall out?!

Brighton Jambo

I suspect the usual posters will be on saying he wasnt up to it and it’s no loss but for me it is a real blow as cover and competition for places is a key component of a successful team.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

That’s absolutely brutal luck for us and obviously him. Now we lose our full backs. It really is never ending.

get Garuccio back ASAP and pray we don’t lose either him or Godinho or our season really is going to come off the rails. 

2 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

He played really well for us against Hamilton and Hibs when called upon and then has never been seen again.

I think Garuccio played yesterday at RB for the reserves which might have suggested he was being pencilled in to replace Smith this weekend.

Mitchell's injury probably changes that.

Well all I can say is we lost a fullback through injury on our way to cup glory in 2012 so it must be a sign...

Absolutely crap luck again though.

Smith pulled up on Sunday with no one near him. No sign of tripping or catching his studs ext. he just went down and immediately signaled to the bench he had a problem. 

No idea how Mitchell got injured.

Ah well. I fear that may be any chance we had of mounting a properly good end to the season gone. Just as the core of the team is looking good, we really have absolutely nothing down both flanks. 

As as others have said the Garrucio thing is very very odd. Some of the journos need to ask Levein about what is going on there. 

25 minutes ago, red said:

I dont recall any opposition players picking up a serious injury from it.

9 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Well all I can say is we lost a fullback through injury on our way to cup glory in 2012 so it must be a sign...

Absolutely crap luck again though.

But we had Gowzer and Grainger back then though!!

17 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The Garuccio thing is a bit odd. 

Yes very.

i reckon we will play 3-5-2 alot more between now and the end of the season if Garuccio is not being used. 

portobellojambo1
42 minutes ago, red said:

Souttar was playing for Scotland away from home, but I can't remember who the opposition were, Czech Republic possibly (think it was a friendly match, remember seeing it on TV). Edit - It was against Israel.

Edited by portobellojambo1

31 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/injury-blow-for-smith-and-mitchell

Now official. 

Interesting that Levein doesn't mention Garuccio when speaking about the left back position.

Is it not just that Garruccio is a LB and Mitchell is a LWB, with Mulraney and Burns both seen as better playing further up and so more of a like for like with Mitchell? Suspect Garrucio will make the bench now at least.

The Bookkeeper

Am I right in thinking the entire backline has been injured at some point? Most of them have been injuries which have seen the players have significant spells on the sidelines too. 

43 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

No, Levein has stated quite clearly that he see’s garuccio as a left back and not as an attacking wing back, we’ve been playing with wing backs so he hasn’t played but will when Levein decides to start with a left back.

13 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Souttar was playing for Scotland away from home, but I can't remember who the opposition were, Czech Republic possibly (think it was a friendly match, remember seeing it on TV).

It was Israel.

57 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Not entirely true. He played against Livi in the cup and was poor so I wasn't too surprised he was dropped. Didn't expect him to miss out on the squad completely but we have had a strong bench the last few weeks.

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

I think Garuccio played yesterday at RB for the reserves which might have suggested he was being pencilled in to replace Smith this weekend.

Mitchell's injury probably changes that.

Is Marcus not fit?

rudi must stay

I'm sure Smith will be come back strong. The Mitchell injury is very annoying though, very talented player, that was more like it from him on Sunday

i wish jj was my dad
7 hours ago, red said:

If Demi got injured at training it won't have been the pitch.  Just shit luck. 

Garruccio situation is strange though.  I can't understand why he hasn't been quoted.

Hearts website

Mitchell too faces a spell on the sidelines after damaging the lateral meniscus in his knee – a reoccurrence of the same injury that saw him miss part of last season.

Remaining philosophical, the manager – though undoubtedly disappointed to lose both full backs – is taking comfort from having other options available to him.

“We have Marcus Godinho and Jamie Brandon back and they have both played and played well,” he said. “I have been pleased with Marcus when he has played so I have no complaints there.

“With Demi it was innocuous, it was his standing leg and it was just the way he twisted after he shot.

“But we have Jake Mulraney and Bobby Burns who can play there as well.”

6 hours ago, Ribble said:

No, Levein has stated quite clearly that he see’s garuccio as a left back and not as an attacking wing back, we’ve been playing with wing backs so he hasn’t played but will when Levein decides to start with a left back.

Like on Sunday when he started with a left back...

Riddley Walker

Something has been odd with Garuccio all season. How many times has he played pretty well then just disappeared for a few games? At least 3 or 4.

Like posters above have said. CL doesn’t think Ben can play LWB but most times when we play 4-4-2 he plays left back. Levein clearly doesn’t think he’s got either the energy to get up and down. Or the ability to play good football in the final 3rd. Although I think he’s probably our best crosser of a ball.