SC Draw - Partick Thistle Away for QFs - Monday 4th March 19:05 ko

WorldChampions1902

12 minutes ago, been here before said:

Not a bad call that.

Suit of a Talking Head

Hair of a U2 frontman

Syntax of a broken dildo

Very good, like that, maybe suit not as good as a Talking Head, but go with it coz other lines are spot on ?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GorgieRules22

• been here before

• Boab

Doctor FinnBarr
10 hours ago, Heartbeat said:

As I am away in Tenerife that weekend TV is my only chance of seeing it but don’t suppose it will be the top tie so prob won’t be near the TV, without starting another thread is there any other Jambos in Tenerife for the time game on 27th as will miss that too and be good to watch wi the other Jambos 

The Whiskey Jar in PDLA should be showing it

1 hour ago, RENE said:

Why would Thistle only give us 3000 tickets? Their capacity is around 10000.

To keep 6,000 tickets for their own fans :thumbsup:

I'd love to think the place would be packed to the door and the atmosphere will be electric.  Scottish football at it's very best.

You can stick your San Siro up your Feckingbottom.

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Partick won’t have 6,000 of their own fans at the game.

Maybe not but I'm sure they will attract other fans of other weegie clubs given the opposition

12 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

I'm not convinced it would affect our support as much as that.  We must of taken between 3-4000 to away matches at St.Johnstone and St.Mirren in 2012.  And they were both replays which are harder grounds to get to.

Monday night would be poor but it's better than a 12pm on a Saturday.

About 1500 to Perth very poor home support that night too. We take a big support to Paisley which I think was live on TV.

Maroon Sailor
20 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

About 1500 to Perth very poor home support that night too. We take a big support to Paisley which I think was live on TV.

St J game was a poor support. The St M game was not bad - good atmosphere that night

8 hours ago, Dunks said:

To keep 6,000 tickets for their own fans :thumbsup:

capacity is 10000 they wont sell 7000 tickets , up to them i suppose.

as for a monday, not for me.

3 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Partick won’t have 6,000 of their own fans at the game.

Work with a Thistle fan and he was telling me that the interest is high and they are quite confident of getting a big crowd for the game as they think they can beat us.

would imagine they will get about 4000 from their end anyway

GorgieRules22
17 minutes ago, BM1874 said:

Work with a Thistle fan and he was telling me that the interest is high and they are quite confident of getting a big crowd for the game as they think they can beat us.

would imagine they will get about 4000 from their end anyway

Fair enough but I would imagine that it being a Monday night will hamper their crowd also. The bottom line is that if it’s a 7.15 kick off which has been suggested slot of people from Edinburgh who finish at 5 will struggle in the traffic to get to the game. Also if it is the Monday night why after the draw we’re we told that games would take place on the weekend of the 2nd and 3rd of March ??‍♂️

Are we going to have to wait until the outcome of the Rangers vs Kilmarnock game next Wednesday night before a decision on dates and times for the quarter finals are made?

48 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

St J game was a poor support. The St M game was not bad - good atmosphere that night

My biggest memory of the st mirren replay was after it seeing Jim Jeffries driving from the ground and us spotting him and then chanting one Jim Jeffries

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Maybe not but I'm sure they will attract other fans of other weegie clubs given the opposition

I don't think so. I really don't !

4 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Are we going to have to wait until the outcome of the Rangers vs Kilmarnock game next Wednesday night before a decision on dates and times for the quarter finals are made?

Obviously

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

That appears to be the case

4 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Now that really would be crazy, but it wouldn't shock me. 

been here before

6 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Fair enough but I would imagine that it being a Monday night will hamper their crowd also. The bottom line is that if it’s a 7.15 kick off which has been suggested slot of people from Edinburgh who finish at 5 will struggle in the traffic to get to the game. Also if it is the Monday night why after the draw we’re we told that games would take place on the weekend of the 2nd and 3rd of March ??‍♂️

giphy.gif.91b7f96a0eb096230fbed897e330fb87.gif

6 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Ticket order deadline for supporters club im in is Sunday night,so if normal routine is followed,tickets will be on sale at beginning of next week,so doubt we will be waiting for outcome of that tie.

11 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Apparently the decision has already been made in regards to our game. 

They probably won’t announce it until the replays are settled, but it’s apparently a done deal. 

We_are_the_Hearts
4 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

They probably won’t announce it until the replays are settled, but it’s apparently a done deal. 

Not ideal for folk trying to organise buses

4 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Monday night at 7:15pm on Premier Sports?

been here before
Just now, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Not ideal for folk trying to organise buses

Not in the slightest but its long been the case that whats best for fans of Scottish football are way down the list of anyones priorities.

been here before
2 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

This pretty much sums you up.

Nae bother.

You enjoy raging away on the internet...

?

GorgieRules22
15 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I’ve heard the kick off time is 7:05pm. 

7.05 is even worse, no thought given to fans trying to get through rush hour traffic.

Just now, GorgieRules22 said:

7.05 is even worse, no thought given to fans trying to get through rush hour traffic.

That’s the chat on Twitter anyway. Thankfully I can finish work at 4 and get through easy enough. 

GorgieRules22

We’re is the chat on twitter I’m not seeing any of it ? I’m just finding it hard to believe that they can’t do two games on Saturday and two on the Sunday.

Surely they can do this -

Friday - Dundee United v ICT/Ross county

sat half 12 - Partick v Hearts

sat half 5 - Hibs v Celtic

sun - Aberdeen v Killie/rangers

Just now, Ari Gold said:

4 days of TV slots to fill though

8 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Thats a joke.

Ha Ha, getting through the tail end of the rush hour traffic, organised chaos , its the scottish way.

7 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

We’re is the chat on twitter I’m not seeing any of it ? I’m just finding it hard to believe that they can’t do two games on Saturday and two on the Sunday.

DDA7BE3D-F3E7-4266-9361-FEC48BB0D6BB.jpeg

4 minutes ago, jamboman9 said:

4 days of TV slots to fill though

Is it definitely 4 days? Last round there wasn’t a Monday game and Saturday had 2 games. Nonsense if it is, 2 channels just have 1 game on each channel over the Saturday and Sunday. 

3 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Is it definitely 4 days? Last round there wasn’t a Monday game and Saturday had 2 games. Nonsense if it is, 2 channels just have 1 game on each channel over the Saturday and Sunday. 

The highland derby was Monday night ?

August Landmesser
11 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

A train full of Hearts and Celtic fans heading to Edinburgh at 4pm on the Saturday? Should be some good sing-songs...

7 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Ha Ha, getting through the tail end of the rush hour traffic, organised chaos , its the scottish way.

An outrageous cynic would say they're trying to push up veiwing figures !

?

2 minutes ago, Boab said:

The highland derby was Monday night ?

Sorry the round we played Livi.

2 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

A train full of Hearts and Celtic fans heading to Edinburgh at 4pm on the Saturday? Should be some good sing-songs...

I wouldn’t say that’s a reason not to have 2 games on the same day in 2 different cities. 

August Landmesser
1 minute ago, Ari Gold said:

Sorry the round we played Livi.

I wouldn’t say that’s a reason not to have 2 games on the same day in 2 different cities. 

It isn't but it might be a reason to schedule them closer together - 1.30 at Firhill, 3.30 at Fester for instance

1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

My biggest memory of the st mirren replay was after it seeing Jim Jeffries driving from the ground and us spotting him and then chanting one Jim Jeffries

I remember seeing JJ aswell. Also some Hearts lads had a hand bell ( most likely acquired from a pub or club  before the game). A great night.

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

Why 7:05pm though? What difference does it make to BBC or would the game be interrupting their repeat showing of Masterchef!?

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

6 o'clock or 10 o'clock

Who knows the fans are the last ones to be considered as long as the Tv companies get their

own way, getting sick of it now.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Who knows the fans are the last ones to be considered as long as the Tv companies get their

own way, getting sick of it now.

Age old argument. The cash can't be ignored. 

Money is linked to the product that fans crave. The more successful you are the more variety of kick off times. 

Sunday and Monday night matches are hugely off putting for me but a great slot for TV

• redm changed the title to SC Draw - Partick Thistle Away for QFs - Monday 4th March 19:05 ko