1. Celtic - 56,970
2. Rangers - 49,576
3. Hibees - 17,457
4. Hearts - 17,377
5. Aberdeen - 15,326

Pinched fae Hibs.net 

That might just change after Sunday

My word those hobos will cling on to anything

How many times have Hibs topped Hearts support in modern times ??

I doubt it would be  more than they have won the SC  in total 

So by this time to tomorrow that stat will already be knackered.

Sad ****ers!!

3 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

So by this time to tomorrow that stat will already be knackered.

Sad ****ers!!

Think that's only league games...but given their next home game is against Hamilton it's almost certain to be next weekend. ?

9 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

as was pointed out in another thread hearts will struggle to attract new supporters due to the volume of bigots and racists in our support

who would want to start doing something which involved being surrounded by vast numbers of undesirables like that - just ask the goncalves family and those Motherwell players and jimmy dunne seems to be mentioned a lot too

i must admit I was sceptical when I read that original point but looks like it's proven to be correct

:(

Bollocks 

EasternRossco

We've won more Scottish cups.

We've won more derbies in total. 

We've won more derbies in total counting only the top three competitions.

We have the better overall record in the league. 

We've more fans with the regulation amount of fingers. 

We won the last derby. 

Our kit is nicer. 

Thank you and good night. 

leveinnaturalorder (2).png

Selective misuse of statistics!

A fair point to draw a comparison during the course of the season would be after 22 games, when we'd both played every team at home.  Since then, Hibs have played one home game, against Aberdeen, which attracts a higher than average crowd for them.  We've played 2 home games, against St Johnstone and Livi, both midweek, which would attract lower than average crowds for us.

30 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Selective misuse of statistics!

A fair point to draw a comparison during the course of the season would be after 22 games, when we'd both played every team at home.  Since then, Hibs have played one home game, against Aberdeen, which attracts a higher than average crowd for them.  We've played 2 home games, against St Johnstone and Livi, both midweek, which would attract lower than average crowds for us.

Our home game against St Johnstone attracted a bigger gate than Hibs v Aberdeen

14 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

as was pointed out in another thread hearts will struggle to attract new supporters due to the volume of bigots and racists in our support

who would want to start doing something which involved being surrounded by vast numbers of undesirables like that - just ask the goncalves family and those Motherwell players and jimmy dunne seems to be mentioned a lot too

i must admit I was sceptical when I read that original point but looks like it's proven to be correct

Aye right ye are then! ?????

Just watched the highlights of Hibs v Raith, I was shocked to see the vast amounts of empty seats at this 5th round Scottish cup game and a home game at that, this really has me worried because if reports on here are true about Hibs having a much larger support than Hearts, well, I'm going to cut a rather lonely figure sat up there in the Wheatfield stand tomorrow.

21 hours ago, H2 said:

I don't know if they have ever finished a season with a higher average than us, but if they have I don't know when.

70/80's maybe, one of the season we were relegated?

2017-2018

# Team sum Matches average
1 Celtic FC Celtic FC 921.402 16 57.588
2 Rangers FC Rangers FC 837.323 17 49.254
3 Heart of Midlothian Heart of Midlothian 293.370 16 18.336
4 Hibernian FC Hibernian FC 287.420 16 17.964
5 Aberdeen FC Aberdeen FC 250.122 16 15.633
6 Dundee FC Dundee FC 95.457 16 5.966

2016 - 2017

# Team sum Matches average
1 Celtic FC Celtic FC 926.101 17 54.477
2 Rangers FC Rangers FC 783.054 16 48.941
3 Heart of Midlothian Heart of Midlothian 277.740 17 16.338
4 Aberdeen FC Aberdeen FC 213.555 17 12.562
5 Dundee FC Dundee FC 109.814 17 6.460

1 Hibernian FC Hibernian FC              277.096 18

2015-16

2 Heart of Midlothian Heart of Midlothian 264.028 16 16.502
2 Hibernian FC Hibernian FC             168.105 18 9.339

2014 -15

1 Rangers FC Rangers FC 590.363 18 32.798
2 Heart of Midlothian Heart of Midlothian 287.721 18 15.985
3 Hibernian FC Hibernian FC 183.059 18 10.170
4 Falkirk FC Falkirk FC 83.893 18 4.661

2013 -14

1 Celtic FC Celtic FC 748.926 16 46.808
2 Heart of Midlothian Heart of Midlothian 226.931 16 14.183
3 Aberdeen FC Aberdeen FC 208.506 16 13.032
4 Hibernian FC Hibernian FC 179.939 17

2012 -13

1 Celtic FC Celtic FC 779.415 17 45.848
2 Heart of Midlothian Heart of Midlothian 217.793 17 12.811
3 Hibernian FC Hibernian FC 172.187 16 10.762
4 Aberdeen FC Aberdeen FC 165.807 17 9.753

This highlights just how bad Hibs crowds were before they won the cup.  Struggling to half fill their stadium.  The figures since they won the cup are a blip and will drop dramatically next season by around 15% - 25% I reckon.

14 hours ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Aye hibs crowds are pretty believable.

It's not like Leanne and hibs are prone to exaggeration.  

Would still be getting 8000 a week if not for that cup win, FACT.

Glory hunters come on down.

ToadKiller Dog

I've heard that the hibs fans are so numerous that when they come together in the same place astronauts on the international space station can smell them. 

The Hibs crowd numbers for yesterday were terrible. Saturday 3pm , 5th round of SCup at home , not on tv and they only mustered over 7,000 home fans ?

thats a damning figure. And just shows what they’ll get when they continue their mediocrity.

We’re looking at 13,000 home fans on a Sunday against a junior side. 

Oh happy days

Edited by 1971fozzy

Counting folk walking down Easter Road on a Saturday doesn't constitute an attendance stat.

Plus they walk back up after they've had their methadone......

2 hours ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

I've heard that the hibs fans are so numerous that when they come together in the same place astronauts on the international space station can smell them. 

Ive heard that they are so numerous they are all getting together and going to give Uche square go's 

18 hours ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Aye hibs crowds are pretty believable.

It's not like Leanne and hibs are prone to exaggeration.  

They absolutely a) allowed widespread misuse of the concession tickets and b) give away shitloads of tickets. All to create the illusion of a packed stadium with the idea to drive up ticket sales and make them seem appealing, a common PR trick which can work.

Before anyone dares suggest Hearts indulge in similar tactics, we absolutely do not. The concession tickets at Hearts are rigidly enforced and our turnover is massively ahead of theirs which attests to the pricing and genuinely bought tickets for watching us, considering they have had more corporate facilities and a completed stadium for quite some time before we did - with similar attendances surely their turnover should be similar or even ahead of ours? 

17 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

14,946 at Tynecastle today. Minus 1,800 away supporters. I'll leave that just there.

And under 8,000 at Pittodrie. ?

Is this even a serious debate?

haveyouheard 22
4 minutes ago, south morocco said:

Exactly , is this thread a joke ?

Nope and why close a thread because 1 or 2 dont like it, that beggars belief

Plenty Hobos  look in here

I'm sure they will just love this thread....  its a wee reminder whos the big team 

1 minute ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

Nope and why close a thread because 1 or 2 dont like it, that beggars belief

Plenty Hobos  look in here

I'm sure they will just love this thread....  its a wee reminder whos the big team 

Wrong !

It's not a wee reminder who's  the big team.

IT'S A MASSIVE REMINDER.

It's a 6000 strong reminder.

Still they are good for a laugh. 

Hearts have generally had a bigger support than the deluded certainly in my lifetime, don't need any newspaper article or thread on here to tell me otherwise

So, having far too much time on my hands, I had a look back over the home attendances for both teams during the first half of the season.

After playing each of our opponents at home once, the average attendances were:

Hearts  17,644

Hibs      17,564

They are only ahead of us after 25 games because we've played 2 home games since the half way point,, against St Johnstone and Livingston, whereas they have played one home game, against Aberdeen.   Both of our games were below our average home gate, especially the midweek game against Livi (15,147) which is our lowest home attendance of the season, so clearly distorts the current picture.

Their average will be severely dented when they play their final 3 home games against other bottom 6 sides and will only have had 1 home derby match in the league.

It will drop even further when their ST sales for next season start to more closely reflect the numbers that are actually turning up to games this season.

Doctor FinnBarr
On 09/02/2019 at 08:15, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

This thread was about our crowds compared to Hibs, you've went off on your own agenda for some reason, could you explain why?

adambraejambo

It funny that they so desperate to beat our average attendance that they inflate the numbers. Even if they actually got 1000 more per game than us for every league game at a very high figure of  £20 pounds per ticket that still only £396000 a year. Time you take tax off it well less than half the amount Foh Raises. Plus they got to pay farmer back half a million a year. They been in our shadow on the field for as long as I can remember and they be in our shadow financially as well for many years to come.  So let them say they get 16000 when stadium half empty.  Their fans will expect a big budget and be dispondant when we splash the cash on contracts for players they can only dream about. FTH.

haveyouheard 22

Hibs are Peters Law Of Diminution Returns, they need a lift soon, if they go out the Cup and stay in  the bottom 6, gid chance..then its a house of cards for the Hobos 

Edited by haveyouheard 22

Based on the stated attendance at the echo dome today of 16,265, I make that an average across the 13 home league games of 17,347. 

Our average is 17,377, so I guess that’s normal service resumed. Hibs did have a bigger average support that is for around a fortnight in February 2019.  I’m sure there are Hibs fans out there book marking this event in the history books.

The Real Maroonblood
On 09/02/2019 at 08:59, Carl Fredrickson said:

Upon reading the thread title I tended to agree as I though the OP meant FATTER.....

That was my first thought when I saw the thread title

.So disappointing.