This place is awfy quiet these days ...

Armageddon

We lose a game and there are 50 very    :lenny:    like threads threatening all sorts, we win away to Killie and everything seems calm ... the place seems almost dead!  I really hope the haters are all ok, they must have been beeling on Friday night.

:leveinnaturalorder:

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Enzo Chiefo

• Bridge of Djoum

• Beast Boy

17 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

I really hope the haters are all ok, they must have been beeling on Friday night.

That is just nonsense 

We're all still here. Just calmer when we win. Espichally away from home. Plus Scotland winning at eggball.

Give it a month until brexit comes along then we will see 

17 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

agree

By the way an 'offie' is one of these

Image result for off licence

'Awfie' is the word you are looking for ?

Awwww no way - fecked up my Scots :(

Cheers for the correction!!

What is it that really ticks folk off on here?  There must be a way we can self manage it out of you all and continue the forum in the atmosphere we've enjoyed the last few days...

Clare failing to score?

Shannausey slipping?

Djoum being negative and giving the ball away?

It's all a distant memory.

All the Levein haters are never specific enough for me, they just hate him for hatings sake.

Shalom ❤️

27 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

agree

By the way an 'offie' is one of these

Image result for off licence

'Awfie' is the word you are looking for ?

I reckon it's 'awfy'

Going to have to Google it now :lol:

35 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

We lose a game and there are 50 very    :lenny:    like threads threatening all sorts, we win away to Killie and everything seems calm ... the place seems almost dead!  I really hope the haters are all ok, they must have been beeling on Friday night.

Maybe some folk dont like losing, not difficult to understand, for the record i hate losing but dont slate the team on here.

Monday is also a little better when you realise we have Hibs at Tynie before the split, I guess they'll be right out of top 6 contention long before then, but still fun none the less :)

It's the 3 game JKB apoplection convention at work...it runs like clockwork and can be applied to any run of 3 matches.

The JKBAP is currently on a LWW setting which means we are on the edge of greatness, if we move to a WWW setting on Wednesday then the board will be sheer joy.

When the balance is toward W the more optimistic JKB residents tend to lead and dominate discussion, this is reversed when the balance is toward L. The overall view rarely changes though in these groups.

Where the effect really comes into play is with the balanced regular visitors (rather than residents) who will move up and down the scale depending on the 3 matches...

3 matches is all it takes to achieve a full swing from positive or negative (and vice versa). Interesting I don't think that a 4th result (or more) in any sequence actually increases the effect, it just seems to flatten off and stay at the current level.

Edited by JamboGraham

10 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

All the Levein haters are never specific enough for me, they just hate him for hatings sake.

Shalom ❤️

for me it's the fact they cannot form an opinion for themselves but rely on others to plant seeds of tactical nonsense into their heads, Craig isn't perfect and we have a number of situations to back that up but the bigger picture creates a much better prospect for the club, some folk just don't want to compromise with their own thoughts.

1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

Calm?

Have you not seen our goal difference?!?!!?

:seething:

13 minutes ago, dannymack said:

for me it's the fact they cannot form an opinion for themselves but rely on others to plant seeds of tactical nonsense into their heads, Craig isn't perfect and we have a number of situations to back that up but the bigger picture creates a much better prospect for the club, some folk just don't want to compromise with their own thoughts.

Not being able to clearly identify and explain faults when we win games is a major failing of those seeking a change. 

30 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Monday is also a little better when you realise we have Hibs at Tynie before the split, I guess they'll be right out of top 6 contention long before then, but still fun none the less :)

Looks like only 3 Derbies this season - so they’ll miss out on a bumper home gate - every cloud has a silver lining!

Simple really, play football game , win , happy fans, keep winning , really happy fans = no negativity ( reverse for losing)

Calebs Grandad

We have Craig Levein, ex player, captain, director of football, in charge and a guy who genuinely loves this club. Can anyone think of someone similar that would be his Hibs equivelant? They have their ‘heroes’ but most are explayers who have totally f*cked up their careers. 

24 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Calm?

It’s not espichally great at the moment.

8 minutes ago, Calebs Grandad said:

We have Craig Levein, ex player, captain, director of football, in charge and a guy who genuinely loves this club. Can anyone think of someone similar that would be his Hibs equivelant? They have their ‘heroes’ but most are explayers who have totally f*cked up their careers. 

Paul “Kano” Kane for manager and director. Save them a fortune on Rentakill bills annaw, just put his photo up in the kitchens, job done. 

17 minutes ago, Calebs Grandad said:

John Collins and the golden generation team......... :rofl:

fabienleclerq
9 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Paul “Kano” Kane for manager and director. Save them a fortune on Rentakill bills annaw, just put his photo up in the kitchens, job done. 

Not sure if you mean his face will scare the rats or the flames from the petrol bombs will do it!

2 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Not sure if you mean his face will scare the rats or the flames from the petrol bombs will do it!

Bit of both now you mention it. ?

Shouldn’t laugh actually, he was rushed to hospital after the firebomb attack on his boozers. Third degree burns to the face they reckoned. He was released later that evening after he explained he wasn’t even in the pub at the time.

F720CDCC-4AD4-4671-9816-957A2E186F4C.jpeg

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

fabienleclerq
1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Shouldn’t laugh actually, he was rushed to hospital after the firebomb attack on his boozers. Third degree burns to the face they reckoned. He was released later that evening after he explained he wasn’t even in the pub at the time.

?

1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

Nothing like a bit of mindless abuse of your own fans to stir it up though

2 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Better than mindless abuse of Hearts players. ?

1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

Calm?

Oh Frankie, Frankie. Like a dog with a bone....except eventually,  the dog lets go. Just to prove my point and terminate the debate,.....the top 6 in the SPL at this very moment are exactly where they should be according to points, goals scored and GD.  There is a direct correlation.  1st - 6th. I'm sure it's possible for a team with a GD of +2  to finish 2nd in the SPL. Perhaps you could inform me when the last time was that it happened.  I do appreciate that, in your world, a team that wins 4-0 is no better than a team that sits on a 1 goal lead for 45mins and hangs on to that lead. 

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

1 hour ago, ramrod said:

Never underestimate the amount of under cover Vermin on here , they'll be back as soon as we lose and they win on the same weekend .

So, no time soon then?

::troll::

42 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

:biggrin2:

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to This place is awfy quiet these days ...
Mid Calder Jambo
1 hour ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

That's got a face like a skip load of broken bricks,

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Oh Frankie, Frankie. Like a dog with a bone....except eventually,  the dog lets go. Just to prove my point and terminate the debate,.....the top 6 in the SPL at this very moment are exactly where they should be according to points, goals scored and GD.  There is a direct correlation.  1st - 6th. I'm sure it's possible for a team with a GD of +2  to finish 2nd in the SPL. Perhaps you could inform me when the last time was that it happened.  I do appreciate that, in your world, a team that wins 4-0 is no better than a team that sits on a 1 goal lead for 45mins and hangs on to that lead. 

13/14 Motherwell finished 2nd with a +4 goal difference ahead of 3rd placed Aberdeen's +15

In 15/16 Aberdeen finished three points ahead of us but our goals diff was +8 from theirs.

5 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

13/14 Motherwell finished 2nd with a +4 goal difference ahead of 3rd placed Aberdeen's +15

In 15/16 Aberdeen finished three points ahead of us but our goals diff was +8 from theirs.

Just tell him it's points that count.

Theoretically, you could win 8 games 4-0 and lose the other 30 by a 1 goal margin.  That would give you a goal difference of +2 and your 24 points would almost certainly mean relegation.

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Oh Enzo, Enzo. Like a dog with a bone etc etc etc.   

:rofl:

15 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

I did say it was possible but I'm surprised they managed 2nd with that GD. Good work though. I accept that points are more important but GD usually illustrates how good a team you are. I realise it's not a direct comparison, because the squad then was far superior, but back in 05/06 we finished 2nd with +40 odd, as we did in 87/88 too.

Bazzas right boot

The goal difference argument is to be he best one yet. 

Talk about straw clutching. 

The teams with more points tend to have better goal difference than those with less points as the team with more points win more games, that's why they more points. 

However, points are a better Indicator of a teams performance. 

It's football 101, why it's even a debate is beyond me. 

Certain posters post less when we win, some go completely missing. 

Must be a job supporting us with that mentality. 

2 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

He’s only 53 FFS!

FIFTY THREE!!

2 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Calm?

Although obviously goal difference is vitally important and a true measure of how good a team is, it’s potential goals that I’m most interested in. Thats the real gold standard.

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I did say it was possible but I'm surprised they managed 2nd with that GD. Good work though. I accept that points are more important but GD usually illustrates how good a team you are. I realise it's not a direct comparison, because the squad then was far superior, but back in 05/06 we finished 2nd with +40 odd, as we did in 87/88 too.

I'd say normally, the more goals you score the better the team you are. With that you have a better chance of winning games and picking up more points.

Hibs are 10 points behind us but +6 GD ahead. I wouldn't say they are a better team. Kilmarnock are 3 points ahead of us and +10 GD ahead. I genuinely think we will finish above them on points. Whether we change the GD in our favour over Kilmarnock I'm not so sure of but with Naismith back, Uche back very soon and Vanchek hopefully fit soon I think we will start scoring more. 

12 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

The goal difference argument is to be he best one yet. 

Talk about straw clutching. 

The teams with more points tend to have better goal difference than those with less points as the team with more points win more games, that's why they more points. 

However, points are a better Indicator of a teams performance. 

It's football 101, why it's even a debate is beyond me. 

Certain posters post less when we win, some go completely missing. 

Must be a job supporting us with that mentality. 

It’s fantastic to sit back and watch though 

:pleasing:

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

We need more mindless abuse imo.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, JamboGraham said:

It's the 3 game JKB apoplection convention at work...it runs like clockwork and can be applied to any run of 3 matches.

The JKBAP is currently on a LWW setting which means we are on the edge of greatness, if we move to a WWW setting on Wednesday then the board will be sheer joy.

When the balance is toward W the more optimistic JKB residents tend to lead and dominate discussion, this is reversed when the balance is toward L. The overall view rarely changes though in these groups.

Where the effect really comes into play is with the balanced regular visitors (rather than residents) who will move up and down the scale depending on the 3 matches...

3 matches is all it takes to achieve a full swing from positive or negative (and vice versa). Interesting I don't think that a 4th result (or more) in any sequence actually increases the effect, it just seems to flatten off and stay at the current level.

How very true. 

Thursday we can look forward to a 12 point gap is going to be tough but we can do it the cupsours and next season is going to see us dominant. Just injuries