Come on Russia, rip Novo's country a new one!

The Old Tolbooth

The Old Tolbooth
Gambling again John:confused:

Ha ha!! Apparently I'm addicted :conf11:

Just loved the way the Russian fans went full voice there during their anthem, it put shivers down the spine!

I'd be supporting Russia if I had the vision to put my money on them but I didn't and now have to support Spain.

On a similar note am I the only one to find it suspicious that Barca have come in for Arshavin just ahead of the game with Spain.

God there's a lot of dodgy tackles in this game.

This anti-Rangers and, more importantly, anti-Protestant thread disgusts me.

Eh?

Go on the Ruusskaya!

The Old Tolbooth

Superb goal, not much in this but the Russians are not playing as well as they did against Holland.

chester copperpot

Its seems like the Mhanks are trying to tie up a deal for pHavelechenko.

Mon the Spain (I have 20 on them at 6=1 too)

Rule Espana

The Old Tolbooth
Its seems like the Mhanks are trying to tie up a deal for pHavelechenko.

Mon the Spain (I have 20 on them at 6=1 too)

Rule Espana

Surely not, he could have his pick of teams to play for, why a diddy club in a diddy league that will never ever get anywhere near winning the CL :confused:

chester copperpot
Surely not, he could have his pick of teams to play for, why a diddy club in a diddy league that will never ever get anywhere near winning the CL :confused:

He wont be there John, trust me.

Ooops, 2-0 Spain, game over, hasta la vista baby.

The Old Tolbooth

Sublime finish there and Spain thoroughly deserve to be leading 2-0.

Hope they win it now :)

Spanish protestants:confused::confused:

Dodgy commentary/summarising from Pleat. Despite the fact Torres was having a 'mare, they kept raving about how well he was doing. No surprise that his replacement scored quite quickly.

Dodgy commentary/summarising from Pleat. Despite the fact Torres was having a 'mare, they kept raving about how well he was doing. No surprise that his replacement scored quite quickly.

The "How the **** did he manage to squeeze that in" award goes to Pleat for saying that some ball control by the Russian striker had "shades of Teddy Sheringham."

A bloody shame ITV are only getting highlights for the final,eh?:rolleyes:

Libertonian_II

I saw it that way too.

Is it just me or have they all taken to fawning over anybody who plays in England?

colinmaroon
I saw it that way too.

Is it just me or have they all taken to fawning over anybody who plays in England?

No, it's not just you - although -

Fabregas was superb!!!

Libertonian_II
No, it's not just you - although -

Fabregas was superb!!!

He was decent, but if he didn't play for the gooners, would they have been so effusive?

Marooned In Oz
He was decent, but if he didn't play for the gooners, would they have been so effusive?

Sorry mate but you're talking baws on this one.

Everytime Fabregas has came off the bench he has made a huge difference in the way the team play and has chipped in with an assist (I think) every time he has played. (not to mention a goal against the Ruskis too)

Expect him to start against Germany in place of the injured Villa.

Craig Gordons Gloves

Fabregas did change the game, in the same way he did against the Italians - but if he was playing in Spain, France etc then i am sure the commentators would not be so forthcoming in their eulogising of him. If you look at Spain, they actually did pretty **** hot without him in the first few games. And while he is an incredible player - aragones is playing a team game this tournament - in that Xavi, Senna, Silva and Iniesta were a better midfield. Remember they pumped the Russians 4-1 in teh first game with Cesc on the bench!

Youre right though - he will probably start the final now - and thats good - players coming off the bench and proving themselves.

Congratulations to Spain. Their football in the second half was scintillating. :)

Hopefully they can go on to win it now, but as the cliche goes one can never discount the Germans.

Marooned In Oz
Remember they pumped the Russians 4-1 in teh first game with Cesc on the bench!

QUOTE]

um.... Fabregas scored the 4th goal in that game and set up the third....

He was directly involved in both goals he was on the pitch for, so you appear to be talking baws also.

chester copperpot
The "How the **** did he manage to squeeze that in" award goes to Pleat for saying that some ball control by the Russian striker had "shades of Teddy Sheringham."

A bloody shame ITV are only getting highlights for the final,eh?:rolleyes:

He actually said Terry Sheddingham. Listen to it again. I was :rofl: when I heard it.

Archived