Hotels in Newcastle

RoyCropper

Anyone here lived/been to Newcastle, off there in August for a gig and night on the town but need some help with a hotel, are these places close to each other or not? Would it be best to get one closest to Carling Academy and then transport to town at night or whats the scope?

Much appreciated

I had little luck looking for a decent hotel in Newcastle centre tbh. All the medium rate hotels were booked leaving the dear ones.

We stayed in a satellite town called Washington. It was about as far away from the centre of Newcastle as Dalkeith is to Edinburgh. We stayed at a Travel inn on the motorway for about ?30 for the room and about ?10-15 for a taxi. Saved us a fortune tbh.

conn artist

whatever, you do dont stay at the station hotel. stayed there last year it was a dump.

whatever, you do dont stay at the station hotel. stayed there last year it was a dump.

I thought it was OK. The bar below it is class:cool:

conn artist
I thought it was OK. The bar below it is class:cool:

i hope your joking! i stuck my head in the door there, it was full of neds! and the only music they seemed to play was nosebleed hardcore. class

i hope your joking! i stuck my head in the door there, it was full of neds! and the only music they seemed to play was nosebleed hardcore. class

7/8pm it was full of birds with a funky house type vibe going on.

Regular John

We stayed in a satellite town called Washington. It was about as far away from the centre of Newcastle as Dalkeith is to Edinburgh. We stayed at a Travel inn on the motorway for about ?30 for the room and about ?10-15 for a taxi. Saved us a fortune tbh.

Myself and a few mates stayed in that Travel Lodge in Washington a few months back and it was unbelievable.

There was actually semen stains all over the bed and fresh wet jobby soil on the couch. :mad:

Jury's Inn is a decent hotel. Not too expensive, central and decent quality. There's also a Travel Inn on the quayside which is good if you can get it booked.

Myself and a few mates stayed in that Travel Lodge in Washington a few months back and it was unbelievable.

There was actually semen stains all over the bed and fresh wet jobby soil on the couch. :mad:

Oh dear! We never had any issues like that tbh. Our rooms (there was a fair old bunch of us) were all clean and pleasant, for both of the hours we were in them! :)

The Old Tolbooth

Dont, whatever you do, stay at the Swallow Hotel in Gateshead, the place makes Fawlty Towers look like the Ritz!!!

A minging dump!

Anyone here lived/been to Newcastle, off there in August for a gig and night on the town but need some help with a hotel, are these places close to each other or not? Would it be best to get one closest to Carling Academy and then transport to town at night or whats the scope?

Much appreciated

It's not too difficult, the Carling is in the center of town, cheap places would be either the Newcastle Central Travelodge or Holiday Inn Express. There are a couple of good pre-gig drinking holes and depending on the day the gig is there are some good places to go after. Friday night down stairs in the lounge is 2 for 1 night ;)

chester copperpot
Dont, whatever you do, stay at the Swallow Hotel in Gateshead, the place makes Fawlty Towers look like the Ritz!!!

A minging dump!

I knew this post would be here when I read the Thread title. :P

The Old Tolbooth
I knew this post would be here when I read the Thread title. :P

I'm still pished about that :confused:

Civil Jambo

Much appreciated

I was just in newcastle for a Ben Folds gig tuesday just past at the carling academy, stayed at the premier inn (newbridge street bout a 5 min walk) was ?75 for me and the misses and we bot got an all you can eat breakie for that price too. Be warned tho we never took the address with us and visited all three premier inns in newcastle before we got there so take directions with you.

Craig Gordons Gloves

i had to stay in the Toon many times for work - the premier travel inn on the Quayside was always reasonable, clean and just across the bridge from a baja beach club.

Someone has already mentioned the Jurys - good hotel and close to the centre, avoid the ramada in the toon - rubbish. If you're looking for cheap, clean etc then the holiday inn express by the metro centre isnt bad either.

I was down in Newcastle in Novemember for my cousins 21st. Went down on the Friday & came home Sunday.

We stayed at the Caledonian Hotel in an area called Jesmond (Osbourne Road).

http://www.peelhotels.co.uk/hotels/caledonian-hotel-newcastle-upon-tyne-northumberland-england/

The street has a lot of nice bars on it...we kicked off there then jumped in a taxi into the city centre. Its only 5-10mins away in a taxi which was perfect.

Not too sure on the room prices but the hotel was really nice & the breakfast was even better!! :dribble:

Archived