Raining "inside" the main stand last night....!

Section Q

Plenty of punters around me in Q last night getting dripped on. Floor and steps were slippy. Condensation maybe because of the drop in temperature...?

I was in the Main Stand on Sunday to experience it and have to say that the wait to get out of it and the slippery stairs made for a pretty unpleasant experience.  One old chap nearly went arse over tit and if I hadn't grabbed his arm on the way down would have.  Will stick to the Gorgie where my season book is from now on.  

£6million over budget, is that true???

If we had given Steve Clarke £6million we'd win the league and qualify for the Champions League.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Plenty of punters around me in Q last night getting dripped on. Floor and steps were slippy. Condensation maybe because of the drop in temperature...?

Me being one. Just that kind of a night

Spitonastranger

sit in the front row of Q, drips constantly and you get soaked. Emailed the club a couple of times told me it is being looked at. Still nothing has happened.

Every few seconds I was getting drops on my head as were those around me. It had been raining on the way to the game but I reckon it might be melting ice on the inside of the trusses. Needs looked at especially as the stairs are steep. Couple of older guys who have seats in R  have struggled from day one with the incline and need assistance to get down. Last night was a tricky one for them.

In this modern day of Health and Safety bollocks, I can't believe they didn't put down a non-slip surface in all of the stands.  The Wheatfield is bad enough when wet, but the new Main Stand is bloody dangerous when it gets a wee touch damp.

1 minute ago, tian447 said:

In this modern day of Health and Safety bollocks, I can't believe they didn't put down a non-slip surface in all of the stands.  The Wheatfield is bad enough when wet, but the new Main Stand is bloody dangerous when it gets a wee touch damp.

Wheatfield concourse is ok but the steps can be an absolute nightmare

4 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Every few seconds I was getting drops on my head as were those around me. It had been raining on the way to the game but I reckon it might be melting ice on the inside of the trusses. Needs looked at especially as the stairs are steep. Couple of older guys who have seats in R  have struggled from day one with the incline and need assistance to get down. Last night was a tricky one for them.

Why would you get ice forming in the main stand trusses but not in the other stands? ??‍♂️

Howdy Doody Jambo

Yellow cones and tape required, can we blame somebody for it raining in January, I saw a snowflake also, game should have been called off 

Just now, davemclaren said:

Why would you get ice forming in the main stand trusses but not in the other stands? ??‍♂️

No idea Dave. I was trying to see exactly where the drips were coming from and it appeared that the bulk came from where the trusses are. Another possibility is where the roof is fixed to the trusses/purling and the rubber seals have failed. 

Dave McCreery's knee

I noticed that last night. Significant condensation on the underside of the roof and steel - did not look like the roof covering is leaking. Presume there is an issue with the moisture in the air hitting the cold roof surface but that should have been designed out. Interesting to know if its a design flaw, or installation defect. 

I’ve been in the main stand a few times and have been far from impressed. Can only hope that behind the scenes it is sensational, or I’m left wondering how on Earth it has gone 50% over budget.

Son Of Anarchy
39 minutes ago, Walter Kidd said:

I was in the Main Stand on Sunday to experience it and have to say that the wait to get out of it and the slippery stairs made for a pretty unpleasant experience.  One old chap nearly went arse over tit and if I hadn't grabbed his arm on the way down would have.  Will stick to the Gorgie where my season book is from now on.  

If we had given Steve Clarke £6million we'd win the league and qualify for the Champions League.

Wrong. If we'd given him £6m Kilmarnock may have won league etc ?

Brian Whittaker's Tache

New stand is less than impressive and now we're stuck with it.

Sat high up last year and it takes an age to get out, I never actually got my own seat last year as the three big guys next to me needed three and a half seats as there no space between them. Moved to Section PR this season this season to get a bit more space and be lower down.

Access and egress is a liability, toilets are second rate and still no bookies!

Oh and 6 mill extra!

Bazzas right boot

The new stand dripping wet? 

Strange, Couldn't have been at the thought of the exciting football. 

Spitonastranger
16 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

There’s your issue. 

No its not. Sitting in the front row when it has been raining but stopped and you still get soaked because of the water coming off the roof. Are you hard of thinking ?

12 minutes ago, Old Castle Rock said:

Yellow cones and tape required, can we blame somebody for it raining in January, I saw a snowflake also, game should have been called off 

The club have spent millions building this stand the least we should expect is to stay dry under it. Especially when it's not even raining.?

Somebody's going to get hurt on these steps.

I'm going to shift seats .

Just now, Spitonastranger said:

No its not. Sitting in the front row when it has been raining but stopped and you still get soaked because of the water coming off the roof. Are you hard of thinking ?

Complaining about getting wet in the front row and you’re accusing me of being hard of thinking? :laugh:

Jesus wept, some people on here are beyond parody. 

Howdy Doody Jambo
7 minutes ago, luckydug said:

The club have spent millions building this stand the least we should expect is to stay dry under it. Especially when it's not even raining.?

Somebody's going to get hurt on these steps.

I'm going to shift seats .

I take a wee cup for the drips you don't get a splash, wet steps are a problem, remember that old shed in the 80s had a river flowing doon them, and it wasnae rain water 

Spitonastranger
13 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Complaining about getting wet in the front row and you’re accusing me of being hard of thinking? :laugh:

Jesus wept, some people on here are beyond parody. 

did you not read my response, you really try to hard to be smart.

did you not read my response, you really try to hard to be smart.

Although I can understand why you might think it’s hard work to be smart, it comes naturally to

most people.

Spitonastranger
Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

Although I can understand why you might think it’s hard work to be smart, it comes naturally to

most people.

so what happened to you, did we leave you behind.

queensferryjambo

31 minutes ago, Dave McCreery's knee said:

I noticed that last night. Significant condensation on the underside of the roof and steel - did not look like the roof covering is leaking. Presume there is an issue with the moisture in the air hitting the cold roof surface but that should have been designed out. Interesting to know if its a design flaw, or installation defect. 

This is exactly how I saw it.

Was a bit baffled with people talking about leaky roofs when it was clear there was condensation on the panels.

38 minutes ago, Old Castle Rock said:

I thought all the snowflakes were on here.

1 minute ago, Spitonastranger said:

Still not looked at my reply which explained what i was talking about. You obviously struggle with basic English and understanding.

I used to sit in Row 2 of the Wheatfield and would regularly get dripped on, so you know what I did?

Moved further back. Certainly didn’t start crying about it. 

1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I used to sit in Row 2 of the Wheatfield and would regularly get dripped on, so you know what I did?

I think that is what the discussion is about.

I  was in row 20 and seats and steps were getting wet.

We could have saved a fortune by not bothering with a roof ☺

tartofmidlothian

I was going to mention this, but we had more on our plate last night. It was all over, not just in certain rows or aisles. It felt like there was a bit of a thaw just before the game, I wonder if it was frost on the inside of the stand melting? Maybe the other roofs are angled a little higher, so it doesn't drip down but runs off to the back of the stand?

1 minute ago, tartofmidlothian said:

I was going to mention this, but we had more on our plate last night. It was all over, not just in certain rows or aisles. It felt like there was a bit of a thaw just before the game, I wonder if it was frost on the inside of the stand melting? Maybe the other roofs are angled a little higher, so it doesn't drip down but runs off to the back of the stand?

You could be right. 

Spitonastranger

Crying about it, really. I was responding to the issue in the OP, you decide to try and be smart. I had the same seat last year with this issue, emailed the club as i stated and was told they were aware of the issue and it was being dealt with. I decided to keep my seat because of were it is. as nothing has happened to stop this i will be moving my seat this year. Is that clear enough for you.

8 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I think that is what the discussion is about.

I  was in row 20 and seats and steps were getting wet.

We could have saved a fortune by not bothering with a roof ☺

I can understand why people would be a bit confused to why that was happening right enough. 

Can’t say I noticed any drips in Lower N. 

Crying about it, really. I was responding to the issue in the OP, you decide to try and be smart. I had the same seat last year with this issue, emailed the club as i stated and was told they were aware of the issue and it was being dealt with. I decided to keep my seat because of were it is. as nothing has happened to stop this i will be moving my seat this year. Is that clear enough for you.

What do you expect them to do, like? Build a whole new roof for you? :laugh:

Emailing the club ffs. 

Spitonastranger

What do you expect them to do, like? Build a whole new roof for you? :laugh:

Emailing the club ffs. 

i live in a house with guttering, it collects this water and takes it away. What's wrong with emailing the club with a question.

12 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

i live in a house with guttering, it collects this water and takes it away. What's wrong with emailing the club with a question.

Quite right too.

FFS its a brand new stand and you pay a lot of money to sit in it and end up getting wet.

They should be getting it sorted ASAP

1 hour ago, Dannie Boy said:

No idea Dave. I was trying to see exactly where the drips were coming from and it appeared that the bulk came from where the trusses are. Another possibility is where the roof is fixed to the trusses/purling and the rubber seals have failed. 

Nothing worse than a failed rubber 

ooh_matron2.png

It was happening in the wheatfield as well, guy a couple of rows in front of me in section G upper  was getting dripped on all throughout the match, not even sure he noticed, his shoulder will have been soaked by time he got home ?

maroonlegions

My ST seat is in the new main stand and i also had water dripping on my head.

Also just about went my length at the bottom the steps , sure it was  because a step was missing one of those red maker/ grip strips at the end of that step,  a boy grabbed me in time  or i was on my arse in full view of those around me.

Bird next to me said is it not just ice thats causing the drips but seems to me that  the temp last night would not cause ice to melt, mind you maybe it was the heat generated by all the seethe from the main stand.?

Edited by maroonlegions

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Wheatfield concourse is ok but the steps can be an absolute nightmare

I've skited down them more than once over the years... usually after some time in the pub! :lol:

It's only embarrassing if you're the only person to do it, but some days it's like a Benny Hill sketch!

2 hours ago, Brian Whittaker's Tache said:

New stand is less than impressive and now we're stuck with it.

Sat high up last year and it takes an age to get out, I never actually got my own seat last year as the three big guys next to me needed three and a half seats as there no space between them. Moved to Section PR this season this season to get a bit more space and be lower down.

Access and egress is a liability, toilets are second rate and still no bookies!

Oh and 6 mill extra!

How are the toilets second rate?! What are you looking for ?

August Landmesser
2 hours ago, Walter Kidd said:

If we'd given Steve Clarke £6million I reckon Killie would win the league - and a few questions would be asked at the AGM...

6 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

How are the toilets second rate?! What are you looking for ?

My dad came out of them on Sunday saying they favour the shitters haha

Bungalow Bill
2 minutes ago, Jeff said:

My dad came out of them on Sunday saying they favour the shitters haha

That will be the ladies toilets that were turned into Gents toilets. 

Just to clarify on some confusion here. The water falling on us punters last night wasn't because we sit down the front and are exposed, it was throughout the stand in the first half of the match. My first time experiencing this and I sit up in row 19.