Berra

Jim Weir

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Loads of players pick up injuries in professional sports. Coaches can't legislate for that

No but we seem to have more than most.

It does make you wonder. 

Surprised at the criticism of Berra’s performance. He won everything in the air (important against Livi) and was mainly solid in his tackles, including his recovery tackle when the striker was clean through. His distribution wasn’t 100% but that’s nothing new.

Christophe is still doing what he's good at but there's something not quite "there". He's not "commanding" , not dominating. His tirade at Colin Doyle was as much to do with CB as it was to do CD, I've never seen Christophe tell a team mate to feck off before. 

Just a wee edit to state that I love Christophe Berra, the man is a great Hearts captain.

Edited by whodanny

Pasquale for King

Nowhere near his usual 9 out of 10 performance today or since he was rushed back. Not sure if rest is the cure or if he needs games to get back to full speed. 

I reckon 3 games in a week is exactly what he needs, he’s got to be over his injury as it’s not the type of injury you can muck about with so reckon he needs to get match sharp. Fancy him to score on Wednesday.

He was not 100% before the winter break, maybe that was an opportunity for further recuperation or just to do light training and rest for a couple of weeks. I suspect though not the easiest to tell to rest. A few miskicks yesterday but still defended well. He was limping though and is not moving 100% yet, may be just cramping up a bit still after a layoff. We are covered well enough to give him Wednesday off.

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, Jlv2004 said:

No but we seem to have more than most.

It does make you wonder. 

Make you wonder what? 

A_A wehatethehibs

He also seems very angry with himself and that self doubt is rippling through the team. Like he is frustrated his own body is not responding. Major concern. 

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

He also seems very angry with himself and that self doubt is rippling through the team. Like he is frustrated his own body is not responding. Major concern. 

He was limping from the start of the 2nd half, playing doesn’t seem to be helping so maybe rest once Souttar and Dikamona are fully fit.

Lets be absolutely clear! Although I would agree he doesn't look 100%, his problem has always been that he isn't confident or comfortable on the ball. He will attack anything that comes into that box and win his headers anywhere on the park BUT (and it's a big but) his use of the ball is (and has always been) dreadful. If we want to play from the back, Berra just can't do it!