Virgin Media Box

Jamhammer

Have a V6 box. At least once a night freezes and re-boots itself in the middle of a programme. Phoned em, they dicked about for a bit then said it was fixed. Worse than Sky, and that takes some doing. Any techy types got any tips other than telling them to cram the box up their collective hoop

Fitzroy Pointon

Unplug it. Leave it for ten mins. 

Take it outside. Pour petrol on it. Set it on fire and get IPTV. It might freeze at times but you're not paying upwards of £70 a month for it. 

13 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Have a V6 box. At least once a night freezes and re-boots itself in the middle of a programme. Phoned em, they dicked about for a bit then said it was fixed. Worse than Sky, and that takes some doing. Any techy types got any tips other than telling them to cram the box up their collective hoop

I was having problems with mine a while back (was an old box and out of contract), they were beyond useless and refused to give any of the current equipment without charging an obscene amount, even though it was offered for free on cheaper deals for new customers. Told them fine and hung up, then went online signed up in the girlfriend's name and got all the new equipment, faster broadband, an extra box, plus movies and sport for the same price as I was paying before. Deal lasts 12 months and contract is 12 months. I've a feeling she'll be cancelling then and I'll be signing up again. 

3 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Unplug it. Leave it for ten mins. 

Take it outside. Pour petrol on it. Set it on fire and get IPTV. It might freeze at times but you're not paying upwards of £70 a month for it. 

What's the apps for TV shows and Movies on Kodi these days? Pretty sure all mine stopped working or became almost useless. 

Fitzroy Pointon
1 minute ago, Toggie88 said:

What's the apps for TV shows and Movies on Kodi these days? Pretty sure all mine stopped working or became almost useless. 

I stopped using kodi a while back as nothing was working. I use VOD through IPTV. I just got VOD a few days ago only skimmed through it so far but there's thousands of films and box sets on it.