***Hearts v Livingston Official Match Thread***

iantjambo

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Better but sloppy from Naismith being offside there.

He was pushed/ banged into. 

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iantjambo

• Thomaso

• Morgan

• HeartofHartley

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brighton Jambo

smith best player on pitch by mile today.  Morrison nowhere near as bad as people saying, at least he’s creating chances.  

Vanacek - worst debut 45 minutes I can recall, I’m sure he will improve second half.  

Clare - struggling not be negative but how many games till we see what the fuss was about 

5 minutes ago, HeartofHartley said:

Doyle, Djoum and Smith get pass marks, the rest honking. Clare wow.

Smith maybe. Doyle and Djoum haven't impressed imo. For me, Smith, Shaughnessey and Berra

Auldreidy1874

We're warming to the task, bit more encouragement and the momentum will be with us. Both teams are a bit rusty. 2-0 still on.

Captain Sausage

Should be ahead. Livi are utterly brutal. Every time they get possession they just horse it down the pitch. It’s like watching Sunday league football. 

Good little spell at the end, more of that and we will be fine. Space is starting to open up as they tire. 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, HeartofHartley said:

And he's not really bust a gut yet is what in saying a few balls he gas let go without trying.

I never said about playing but he doesn't seem to be giving 100% effort to reach for balls or chase down defenders.

Aye he's only giving 85%

alwaysthereinspirit

Need to push them along their back line the same as they’re pressuring us.

10 minutes of the same players to start the second half before changes.

Come on Hearts.

1 hour ago, Ribble said:

Utter slaver, how about you pull the finger out and support the boy?!?

Utter slaver eh????

Just now, Brighton Jambo said:

smith best player on pitch by mile today.  Morrison nowhere near as bad as people saying, at least he’s creating chances.  

Vanacek - worst debut 45 minutes I can recall, I’m sure he will improve second half.  

Clare - struggling not be negative but how many games till we see what the fuss was about 

Dunno, I've seen worse..i think.. He's getting some horrific service tbf

Francis Albert
Just now, Kenny Airds Sideburns said:

Erudite

It certainly looks like he has lost them for the moment ?

Vanacek so far has joined the long list of Hearts strikers/front men isolated with no support or service.

Poor from us. Not getting the second balls and our passing is poor at times. We need to move it quicker as we did in the last 10 mins.

1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

He was pushed/ banged into. 

Yep. Has to go down as a great bit of defending from the Livi boy. 

Brick Tamland

No energy, poor performance so far. 

It’s the Scottish Cup not a pre season friendly and it’s Livingston not Barcelona we are playing. 

Bolocking at half time required and a vast improvement needed as that was as shit a first half as you’re ever likely to see. 

2 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

At least Morrison is trying to create something.

Vanecek has had no service or support.

Clare?? As usual he’s like a man short.

A_A wehatethehibs

To be fair it has been dull but you would think we were 3-0 down with some of the pantwetting posts here. Been 3 weeks since last game, few players obviously needing to sharpen up. Debutants shaking off some first game nerves. 

Still level terms, Hearts in a good position to go and win the game. 

1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

Djoum further forward and rep[lace Clare with Bozanic

This PLEEEEEEZ!!!

15 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Feel like the game is there for us if we go for it abit more. But it's not bad

It really is. It's dreadful

Dreadful first half, Clare and Vanacek not up to speed yet ! Morrison trying hard and delivering more in last 5 minutes of the half. 40 minutes before first shot on goal! Expected a lot better after the winter break 

9 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Benny uselss is the worst debut I remember, anyway, vanecek needs to challenge more for the hoof balls, doesn't matter if he wins the headers, still at least try and get up for them, gives the defender a problem.

Also, Clare is pish.

Edited by lauriesrank

Lucille's Thirsty

Livingston seem to have our number although we’ve been rather poor. 

I want a SC run this year and to be emptied out so soon would annoy me. Just one goal Hearts. 

We need to stretch the back three more that involves quicker switches and pulling the back three out wide to defend. Lithgow doesn't want to go out to Morrison. 

Wilson Wood, Would You?
4 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Screenshot_20190120-151835.png

I’ve been a Hearts supporter since the early 1960s  so I’ll say what I like whether you agree or not. Maybe I was a little rash with the early judgement and I hope  the big guy comes good but so far he  looks like a less skilful Harry Kinnear . (Poor service notwithstanding) 

Back to lurking ?

Just now, lauriesrank said:

Benny uselss is the worst I remember, anyway, vanecek needs to challenge more for the hoof balls, doesn't matter if he wins the headers, still at least try and get up for them, gives the defender a problem.

Also, Clare is pish.

Aye.  On our heels, no anticipation or keeping on the move to pick up loose balls. 

Terrible stuff in the first half. 

MIdfield too slow in working the ball and no combination with the front men. Seems we don’t do pass and move.  

The White Cockade

Livvy far sharper than us so far and looked more likely to score

Hopefully we wake up second half as we haven't started playing yet

Was expecting a high intensity game and that's what we need second half

Mind you playing in a half empty stadium with zero atmosphere not helping

Changed days from when everybody looked forward to the Cup and the crowds were bigger

and noisier than for league games

Need Djoum further forward and more support for Vanacek who's isolated

6 minutes ago, Markymark said:

Worrying that Levein thinks this midfield excluding only Haring is strrong enough. Absolutely honking 

I was really scratching my head trying to work out why we are winning nothing in midfield. Totally forgot about Haring. Missing him as much as we did Naismith. Livingston are grim to watch but they are effective at what they do. Playing the way we are isn't helping.

Vanaceck looks decent with ball to feet but been poor in the air thus far.

Francis Albert
5 minutes ago, Deans Jambo said:

Interesting how many prominent posters are tv watches!

Was planning to be there until I found that ythere wss no direct train from London that would get me to the game on time. Disappointed at the time. Grateful now!

Get Clare off, I'd question any man's knowledge of the game to say he was good in the derby! He's been a passenger in all games since joining and he's a luxury we cannot afford in a cup game. Mon the jambos!!!!

joondalupjambo

Watching Hearts for far too long.  It is what it is.  Cup tie.  Dogged by visitors. We are not great but 1-0 will do it. All about getting through to the next round. Folk wanting a show.  It is all about the final result.

2 minutes ago, Kenny Airds Sideburns said:

I’ve been a Hearts supporter since the early 1960s  so I’ll say what I like whether you agree or not. Maybe I was a little rash with the early judgement and I hope  the big guy comes good but so far he  looks like a less skilful Harry Kinnear . (Poor service notwithstanding) 

Back to lurking ?

Sorry mate it was about Morrison not your vanecek post.

Didn't mean to drag you into it.

But I hope you end up looking back on that post and admitting you were wrong ;)

This place is a madhouse yes we have not played well BUT we are nowhere near as bad as some on here are making out. The real problem is we are not really making the best of our possession . We need to just get a bit more speed into our game Livi are just shelling the ball down the field and hoping for the best we need to take more responsibility individually and make something happen not get rid of the ball as quickly as possible.  

3 minutes ago, mscjambo said:

We need to stretch the back three more that involves quicker switches and pulling the back three out wide to defend. Lithgow doesn't want to go out to Morrison. 

With this formation we need to get the full backs forward.