VAR

maroonsgotop

1 hour ago, Oliver Twist said:

So you're happy with the current Status Quo and don't want to see change then. 

And you had the cheek to call me stupid.

weve had change, we gave refs the chance to review decisions from their games and change things, diamond nuts zaliukas, zal sent off, after review it stood.

process change with compliance officer, who just plainly doesn't see anything or with morelos's sending off against aberdeen completely ****s up the rules for the whole season by letting him off.

change...........i rest my case

If the decision was that tight, why is it being used?

Ther original intention was to correct clear and obvious errors, was it not?

For tight decisions, I think fans accept this.  As long as it is not happening all the time, and/or benefitting the same one or two teams.  

For tight decisions, I think fans accept this.  As long as it is not happening all the time, and/or benefitting the same one or two teams.  

11 minutes ago, reaths17 said:

weve had change, we gave refs the chance to review decisions from their games and change things, diamond nuts zaliukas, zal sent off, after review it stood.

process change with compliance officer, who just plainly doesn't see anything or with morelos's sending off against aberdeen completely ****s up the rules for the whole season by letting him off.

change...........i rest my case

:rofl:

Ferryjambo99
28 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Offside is the exception to the clear and obvious rule because it's meant to be factual rather than subjective. 

Footballfirst
11 hours ago, kila said:

What amazed me last night was the time it took to make what I thought was a simple and obvious decision.

Within 15 secs, should be able to make a decision whether the player was visibly offside and then the penalty claim was clear as heck.

Yet it seemed to take around 2 mins of analysis. Far too slow!

Sky timed it at 93 seconds between the ref blowing his whistle and Kane taking the penalty. In that time VAR reviewed both the offside and the penalty decisions, and the ref cautioned the keeper.

How long does it normally take between a penalty award and the kick being taken? Consider the usual protests, maybe a card shown, the keeper arsing about, then getting players to stay outside the arc. I'd suggest that it would be in the range of 45-60 seconds every time.

The longest delay in football is usually for free kicks just outside the box, again with protests, maybe a yellow card, the keeper lining up his wall and the ref measuring out the 10 yards.  The delay has has been reduced a little with the introduction of the shaving foam marks, but not a lot.

I don't think the crowd would notice the delay if they were allowed to see and hear the replays and exchanges between the VAR official and the ref, as they do in rugby.  In last night's game it would have helped if you could hear the VAR official say, show me the best angle you have, freeze the position when the ball is played forward, show me the virtual offside line, the defender's heel looks level with Kane's shoulder, so he is onside, now let's look at the penalty decision .............

If the crowd (and the TV audience) was party to that dialogue, then the decision would be much easier to accept. 

However, if it was in Scotland, I'm sure that the GFA wouldn't want the Tynecastle crowd to hear a discussion between Beaton (VAR) and Madden (ref) about Morelos only being a little offside, so we will give him the benefit of the doubt and award a goal.

13 hours ago, Gambo said:

Different games.

No more VAR.

Cricket is a different game from rugby as is tennis.

What shitey point are you trying to make from your cave?

Bazzas right boot

Folk are argueing different things. 

VAR, ofc will help get more decisions correct. That is a fact. It won't be perfect, but it will improve the % of correct decisions and get better and faster as folk get used to it. 

To argue against that is ridiculous. 

However, it does depend who is reviewing said decisions. 

It's a valid point and needs addressed as well. We can't have officials who are part of the orange lodge, who drink in the Queen Arms while wearing thier Union Jack suit doing the reviewing or officiating. 

They are different things tho and need tackled seperatley. 

To suggest we don't use VAR because our officials are shite/bias is the most ludicrous argument ever. 

It should strengthen the case for VAR. 

The of, may get some bias and refs have even admitted that they officiate these games differently, but we have also benifitted, from memory v hibs most. 

Two goals over the line and the offside in the relegation derby being the most obvious I can recall, so folk should calm down a bit with the paranio. 

56 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Folk are argueing different things. 

VAR, ofc will help get more decisions correct. That is a fact. It won't be perfect, but it will improve the % of correct decisions and get better and faster as folk get used to it. 

To argue against that is ridiculous. 

However, it does depend who is reviewing said decisions. 

It's a valid point and needs addressed as well. We can't have officials who are part of the orange lodge, who drink in the Queen Arms while wearing thier Union Jack suit doing the reviewing or officiating. 

They are different things tho and need tackled seperatley. 

To suggest we don't use VAR because our officials are shite/bias is the most ludicrous argument ever. 

It should strengthen the case for VAR. 

The of, may get some bias and refs have even admitted that they officiate these games differently, but we have also benifitted, from memory v hibs most. 

Two goals over the line and the offside in the relegation derby being the most obvious I can recall, so folk should calm down a bit with the paranio. 

in most leagues, including the nearest ones to us and probably all on the same continent as us, referees are free to explain their decisions, they are also  vetted from officiating games of their fav/local teams, in Scotland there's a gagging order on all things to do with refs, the rule implimenters also take part in secret discussions/ agreements, one we know about "the 5 way agreement" and you say it's paranoia, they have no accountability and discard/make up rules to suit their own agenda "the vlad rules"

VAR will not change this the SFL/ SPLFA will still make it up as they go along and as long as  people keep kidding on it doesn't happen the more it will continue.

9 minutes ago, reaths17 said:

in most leagues, including the nearest ones to us and probably all on the same continent as us, referees are free to explain their decisions, they are also  vetted from officiating games of their fav/local teams, in Scotland there's a gagging order on all things to do with refs, the rule implimenters also take part in secret discussions/ agreements, one we know about "the 5 way agreement" and you say it's paranoia, they have no accountability and discard/make up rules to suit their own agenda "the vlad rules"

VAR will not change this the SFL/ SPLFA will still make it up as they go along and as long as  people keep kidding on it doesn't happen the more it will continue.

Might make it harder for the GFA to keep the status quo though, there'd be a scandal every week at first!

7 minutes ago, kila said:

Might make it harder for the GFA to keep the status quo though, there'd be a scandal every week at first!

there's a scandal almost every week now and we have people defending it, in particular the media, who actually made a documentary to slaughter vlad but there has been no mention of how david murray stole tax money to sate his ego or how various crooks have replaced him since without any documentaries, there has been some mention of celtic boys club carry on both far worse than anything vlad did here, yet all kept as quiet as possible

WHO is going to report on any scandal with VAR ? or will we just see the usual brushing.

Edited by reaths17

Bazzas right boot
29 minutes ago, reaths17 said:

Yeah other changes are required. 

Doesn't mean VAR won't benifit us tho and we can't use it. 

VAR will increase the % of correct decisions. 

The other stuff as you say , standards, bias, accountability also need adressed, but we can do both, if not VAR is still benifical, but would be more beneficial with the other improvements. 

To discount VAR is silly, it will help the officials and improve the % of correct decisions. 

39 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Yeah other changes are required. 

Doesn't mean VAR won't benifit us tho and we can't use it. 

VAR will increase the % of correct decisions. 

The other stuff as you say , standards, bias, accountability also need adressed, but we can do both, if not VAR is still benifical, but would be more beneficial with the other improvements. 

To discount VAR is silly, it will help the officials and improve the % of correct decisions. 

implemented properly VAR would be of great benefit, despite some dubious decisions during the world cup, do I think, in Scotland under the management of the SFA/SPLAF that it will be implemented properly................not a hope in hell.

Edited by reaths17

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, andrewhenry said:

Anyone seen the Brentford penalty decision tonight? 

That is when VAR is needed, was a blatant dive 

I get the need for VAR and everything

But my one problem with them using it in the F.A cup is that it is only available at premier league grounds with only 7 premier teams left in the competition and only 2 prem teams drawn at home for the next round ( if brighton win their replay), does that mean they will only use it on those 2 occasions?

Surely it should be at every match or at none at all, seems like it just gives the big teams for of an advantage 

9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The resulting penalty made it 2-2 when Barnet were 2-1 up. Complete game changer as Brentford got momentum from that to make it 3-2. Thank god Barnet equalised through an exceptional free kick 

• 4 weeks later...

VAR causing time delays and bookings but the penalty decision given through VAR in the Shalka v Man City was so wrong.

although I’m in favour of VaR it just proves some decisions are subjective.

4 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

VAR causing time delays and bookings but the penalty decision given through VAR in the Shalka v Man City was so wrong.

although I’m in favour of VaR it just proves some decisions are subjective.

Penalty all day long. Big issue is why did it take so long.

26 minutes ago, happyjam said:

Penalty all day long. Big issue is why did it take so long.

The issue was VAR wasn’t working at that point! UEFA confirmed at halftime and the decision was down to the adjudicator who had no access to video footage.