VAR

maroonsgotop

maroonsgotop

Now Chelsea saying 'their' camera shows a different angle to the VAR camera giving 2 different results. VAR's one shows onside and Chelsea's camera offside. As a result Spurs then get given a penalty and winning goal. So now we have teams with their own cameras challenging the official VAR one. So on and on it goes

Edited by maroonsgotop

When it is that close, just give the attacker the benefit.

Hate this obsession with offsides being so marginal, like their fecking knob is offside. 

Edited by kila

6 minutes ago, kila said:

When it is that close, just give the attacker the benefit.

Hate this obsession with offsides being so marginal, like their fecking knob is offside. 

Or just go with the linesman’s original decision. 

Surely the point of VAR is to have multiple camera angles to ensure you get the best chance of ensuring a correct decision like in NFL and as mentioned above Rugby. So to suggest their are other angles that aren't used is IMO mental

Clubs shouldn't be allowed their own VAR. Simple. Ban it.

Out with Rangers and Celtic they don't get their own referees.

Bazzas right boot

It won't be perfect, especially at that start. 

The WC final showed this. 

It will, however be better. That is the main thing. Not perfect, but better. 

Anything that helps the officials and improves the % of correct decisions is good. 

Extreme marginal decisions may still be debated, that won't end. 

What amazed me last night was the time it took to make what I thought was a simple and obvious decision.

Within 15 secs, should be able to make a decision whether the player was visibly offside and then the penalty claim was clear as heck.

Yet it seemed to take around 2 mins of analysis. Far too slow!

Another reason why people should not blindly stumble into the trap that VAR is the infallible panacea to end incorrect decisions.      If there's doubt over offsides then there will be much more over penalty decisions,  which are much more interpretive.     

VAR absolutely will capture correct decisions in instances of doubt.     But it absolutely will fail on other occasions.     If there is any room for doubt or for interpretation then,   in Scottish Football,   it will simply not work effectively.      The same underlying causes of shite decision making will cause the same problems.

And Sow makes it 10

I would love to see VAR introduced for all games in the SPFL.    Personally can’t ever see it happening though as it would highlight even more how incompetent and biased and corrupt the referees are up here.       Can you imagine if it was 0-0 against the Old Firm with 90 minutes gone and then we score.    If VAR shows it as a legitimate goal we win BUT if there is no VAR then the referee or linesman would find some way of disallowing it.      Can’t see it happening unfortunately.

8 minutes ago, And Sow makes it 10 said:

I would love to see VAR introduced for all games in the SPFL.    Personally can’t ever see it happening though as it would highlight even more how incompetent and biased and corrupt the referees are up here.       Can you imagine if it was 0-0 against the Old Firm with 90 minutes gone and then we score.    If VAR shows it as a legitimate goal we win BUT if there is no VAR then the referee or linesman would find some way of disallowing it.      Can’t see it happening unfortunately.

Cracking paranoia there mate. 

Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

Cracking paranoia there mate. 

Exactly what I was thinking, it's like folk just totally ignore the dodgy decisions that we've benefited from as well :lol:

20 minutes ago, And Sow makes it 10 said:

as if var will change anything, when the var people are refs/linos with the same mindset.

35 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Exactly what I was thinking, it's like folk just totally ignore the dodgy decisions that we've benefited from as well :lol:

Absolutely :laugh: 

I challenge anyone to name a time, in the last 20 years, that we’ve scored a last minute winner against one of the Old Firm and it was wrongly chalked off in a clear act of cheating. 

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Or just go with the linesman’s original decision. 

In last night's instance, absolutely this.  Linesman flags, go to VAR.  Not conclusive.  Original decision stands.  Offside.  Simple!

He Who Cannot Be Named
16 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I challenge anyone to name a time, in the last 20 years, that we’ve scored a last minute winner against one of the Old Firm and it was wrongly chalked off in a clear act of cheating. 

I don't think there has been a case of this in the last 20 years. Hence why he/she wrote "can you imagine". But don't let that get in the way of your fellow fan bashing. 

I am not a fan of VAR it slows the game down too much. I also suspect given the arrogance of the refs in Scotland that they would continue to get it wrong and be biased in favour of the old firm. 

47 minutes ago, reaths17 said:

as if var will change anything, when the var people are refs/linos with the same mindset.

Agreed... like the sheep penalty against Celtic.

According to the media and Celtic clear dive.

VAR - no penalty 

If it was the other way round and it was a Celtic player that dived...

There was contact, doesn't matter it was minimal, he was entitled to go down...  VAR- penalty given.

Ferryjambo99

Don't know if Chelsea have released their footage yet but the angle used by car along with the parallel lines used are meant to give the best indication of offside.  

It's taking too long to give decisions but it will become more streamlined as it goes on. As of next season it'll be used in continental competitions and the biggest european leagues so it's unlikely to be binned

36 minutes ago, He Who Cannot Be Named said:

I don't think there has been a case of this in the last 20 years. Hence why he/she wrote "can you imagine". But don't let that get in the way of your fellow fan bashing. 

“Fan bashing”? This place is full of “fan bashing”. I’d suggest that if it upsets you that much, Kickback isn’t the place for you. 

He Who Cannot Be Named
8 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

“Fan bashing”? This place is full of “fan bashing”. I’d suggest that if it upsets you that much, Kickback isn’t the place for you. 

You've ridiculed the lad for suggesting there is a bias towards the Old Firm in Scotland. There was a time when this forum was decent before Aholes like you scurrying about with agendas ruined it.

2 minutes ago, He Who Cannot Be Named said:

You've ridiculed the lad for suggesting there is a bias towards the Old Firm in Scotland. There was a time when this forum was decent before Aholes like you scurrying about with agendas ruined it.

What’s my agenda, like?

This place was decent before people like you started chucking personal insults about like confetti. 

Stupid Sexy Flanders
2 hours ago, Victorian said:

Another reason why people should not blindly stumble into the trap that VAR is the infallible panacea to end incorrect decisions.      If there's doubt over offsides then there will be much more over penalty decisions,  which are much more interpretive.     

Case in point, penalty given to (I think) Fulham at the weekend. I couldn't believe they used the VAR and still gave it. Looked to me like there was no contact at all.

22 minutes ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

Case in point, penalty given to (I think) Fulham at the weekend. I couldn't believe they used the VAR and still gave it. Looked to me like there was no contact at all.

I saw that one as well. From one angle looked a complete dive with no contact, another angle showed some marginal contact and pen decision upheld although everyone was then debating whether he went to ground too easily which is a grey area.

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, kila said:

What amazed me last night was the time it took to make what I thought was a simple and obvious decision.

Within 15 secs, should be able to make a decision whether the player was visibly offside and then the penalty claim was clear as heck.

Agreed it takes too long.

You had the decision in the Burnley game at the weekend where the player was almost starting his run up to take a penalty when the ref changed his decision to offside because of the VAR.

1 hour ago, jumpship said:

Agreed... like the sheep penalty against Celtic.

According to the media and Celtic clear dive.

VAR - no penalty 

If it was the other way round and it was a Celtic player that dived...

There was contact, doesn't matter it was minimal, he was entitled to go down...  VAR- penalty given.

never work when those administering the judgement/sentence are those committing the crime/fault.

would anybody seriously think that this wouldn't be a complete shambles under the care of the SPLFA/SFA, it's the institutions that are all wrong/corrupt not the rules.

3 hours ago, Jammy T said:

The football VAR guys need to get in a room with the rugby refs to be taught how to do this properly.

Different games.

No more VAR.

VAR is happening, it'll be used in the EPL next season, I suppose the EPL could have it all wrong right enough :rofl:

Poor old dinosaurs on here getting their frillies in a tangle is amusing though.

3 hours ago, kila said:

Kane conned the ref imho.

Seymour M Hersh

VAR seems to be working quite well in the USA. Of course they had 3 months training on using it by Howard Webb. England seems to be just chucking the system in at the deep end hoping it works.

48 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

VAR is happening, it'll be used in the EPL next season, I suppose the EPL could have it all wrong right enough :rofl:

Poor old dinosaurs on here getting their frillies in a tangle is amusing though.

EPL's use of VAR will become a sponsorship thing no doubt.

"Today, VAR is brought to you by Santander" and a big Santander logo glows around the ground for a VAR decision.

Next step will be TV adverts during a VAR decision.

EPL suites probably happier for games to go on longer, there being more pauses/interruptions etc as these are all opportunities for commercial interest.

54 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Same point being missed by the same point misser.      

1 hour ago, reaths17 said:

never work when those administering the judgement/sentence are those committing the crime/fault.

would anybody seriously think that this wouldn't be a complete shambles under the care of the SPLFA/SFA, it's the institutions that are all wrong/corrupt not the rules.

exactly as I wrote on another thread last week.

If we introduced Goal line technology, the refs would get an override to change the computer's decision.

Dalstonjambo
6 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

exactly as I wrote on another thread last week.

If we introduced Goal line technology, the refs would get an override to change the computer's decision.

Agreed.

Refs admit they referee old firm games differently, they probably couldn't use VAR in case the screen was labelled VhAR or a mason either. 

Like the idea of some junkie cretin sending death threats to a tv though. 

Prob

Edited by Dalstonjambo

26 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Same point being missed by the same point misser.      

Should only be allowed one sub and goalkeepers should still be allowed to pick up pass backs aye ?

The Old Tolbooth
3 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Not a goal ruled out for us, however a penalty awarded in injury time for a Kyrgiakos dive when Dallas consulted Andy Davis, and Miko barely touched the clown when he ended up throwing himself to the turf as if he'd been shot to take the focus away from them cheating. 

I challenge anyone to tell me that that penalty awarded that night was not blatant cheating? Especially when Rangers won the league on goal difference that season, and those 2 points ensured they clinched yet another tainted title. 

12 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Should only be allowed one sub and goalkeepers should still be allowed to pick up pass backs aye ?

what drugs are you on that you cant see the glaring problem with Var, that's being discussed ?

you cant really be that stupid...........it's not VAR that's the problems the administering of it, that in turn is influenced by "opinion" would in Scotland result in the same pish poor decisions being made, just like this farcical review committee thing.

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, Oliver Twist said:

Spot on Olly, that clown at Perth needed VAR , and most linesman are now gash.

In scotland we need it, big time.

33 minutes ago, reaths17 said:

what drugs are you on that you cant see the glaring problem with Var, that's being discussed ?

you cant really be that stupid...........it's not VAR that's the problems the administering of it, that in turn is influenced by "opinion" would in Scotland result in the same pish poor decisions being made, just like this farcical review committee thing.

I think you need a wee lie down.

I don't see anything being discussed by anybody, I see hypothetical bunkum being trotted out as truth.

If you can't see the merits in dragging our game into the 21st Century then I feel a bit sorry for you.

40 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

I think you need a wee lie down.

I don't see anything being discussed by anybody, I see hypothetical bunkum being trotted out as truth.

If you can't see the merits in dragging our game into the 21st Century then I feel a bit sorry for you.

there's nothing hypothetical about 3 offences being committed by morelos that after review were deemed as him just playing, where players from other clubs were penalised for said offences.

if that is how things are reviewed, what exact use is VAR when it's being used selectively ?

5 hours ago, Ferryjambo99 said:

Don't know if Chelsea have released their footage yet but the angle used by car along with the parallel lines used are meant to give the best indication of offside.  

It's taking too long to give decisions but it will become more streamlined as it goes on. As of next season it'll be used in continental competitions and the biggest european leagues so it's unlikely to be binned

I don't think it proves anything. This pic is slightly after ball is kicked. 

IMG_20190109_153703.jpg

25 minutes ago, reaths17 said:

there's nothing hypothetical about 3 offences being committed by morelos that after review were deemed as him just playing, where players from other clubs were penalised for said offences.

if that is how things are reviewed, what exact use is VAR when it's being used selectively ?

So you're happy with the current Status Quo and don't want to see change then. 

And you had the cheek to call me stupid.

24 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I don't think it proves anything. This pic is slightly after ball is kicked. 

IMG_20190109_153703.jpg

That's been my biggest bug bare about this when calling off side decisions, there doesn't seem to be any real concern about when the ball is actually played forward. It's all about an imaginary line on the pitch, the ball could be incoming, or just leaving the foot when the still is taken. I think this is where the definition of clear and obvious should be adhered to most of all. 

As soon as players and supporters realise VAR is not intended to be used for every decision and it becomes slicker and more transparent, it'll work just fine.

3 hours ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Agreed.

Refs admit they referee old firm games differently, they probably couldn't use VAR in case the screen was labelled VhAR or a mason either. 

Like the idea of some junkie cretin sending death threats to a tv though. 

Prob

you know how during the world cup the VAR refs were in full kit. i would imagine our refs would see that as the opportunity to wear either their rangers or celtic kits 

3 hours ago, Oliver Twist said:

And what part of that is technology?

1 hour ago, Oliver Twist said:

So you're happy with the current Status Quo and don't want to see change then. 

And you had the cheek to call me stupid.

Mistakes are still being made with VAR, only you have to wait 2-3 mins for it to still be wrong.