Jump to content
ri Alban

Six Nations 2019

Recommended Posts

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
16 hours ago, The Bookkeeper said:

 

1983 since we won there. 

 

I don't think the Ireland result is a good one for Scotland and expect us to feel a backlash next Saturday. Can see today being Scotland's only win though I do think we have a chance of breaking our duck in Paris (not won there since 1999). 

 

I think our away form is always likely to let us down and mean that 3 wins and 3/4 place is our best hope until we break some of these hoodoos in Paris London and Cardiff. haven’t won an away six nations match that wasn’t in Rome in nearly a decade I.e. since Dan Parks scored the last minute pen at Croke Park in 2010.

 

 

Edited by Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, whodanny said:

Surely in that case it involved a potential try so the TMO should have been brought in.

 

That' what I thought but I'm no expert on the rules of TMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PortyJambo

Think the referee blew the whistle before Hogg had crossed the line, so even it the TMO had had a look at it, it wouldn't have been given as a try. The ref should really have let it play out then go back and see if there was obstruction, that way it probably would have been given as a try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874
7 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Think the referee blew the whistle before Hogg had crossed the line, so even it the TMO had had a look at it, it wouldn't have been given as a try. The ref should really have let it play out then go back and see if there was obstruction, that way it probably would have been given as a try.

 

Correct. 

 

Ref blew immediately. 

 

Not like other TMO situations quoted. Italian players could have stopped playing. 

 

Gamesmanship by the Italian which is disappointing. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JackLadd

Sad to see Ireland thumped by the residency XV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seymour M Hersh
5 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Sad to see Ireland thumped by the residency XV.

 

To a greater or lesser degree all the home nations are at it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ulysses
6 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Sad to see Ireland thumped by the residency XV.

 

Eh?

 

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

 

To a greater or lesser degree all the home nations are at it. 

 

Yep.  Ireland, England and Wales have about the same number of foreign-born players, and Scotland have more than any of those.

 

About 22% of the players who played in the 2015 World Cup were born in a different country to the one they represented at the competition.  The only country who took part in that tournament with all "home-born" players was Argentina.

 

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/international/rwc-over-20-per-cent-of-players-not-born-in-country-1.2388603

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
5 hours ago, Ulysses said:

 

Eh?

 

 

Yep.  Ireland, England and Wales have about the same number of foreign-born players, and Scotland have more than any of those.

 

About 22% of the players who played in the 2015 World Cup were born in a different country to the one they represented at the competition.  The only country who took part in that tournament with all "home-born" players was Argentina.

 

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/international/rwc-over-20-per-cent-of-players-not-born-in-country-1.2388603

How many residential players tho, Scotland has the least. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Adam Murray

50050979_10156667527524220_2451522905415090176_o.jpg

Edited by Adam Murray

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Adam Murray

Don't think the graph takes into account parentage or grandparents etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seymour M Hersh
50 minutes ago, Adam Murray said:

Don't think the graph takes into account parentage or grandparents etc.

 

I thought that myself. It's a bit misleading but there's no doubt we as a country have taken advantage of residency and every other rule to gain players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Adam Murray

Puts it into perspective when you see these stats from the 2011 world cup

 

 

IRB-Player-Numbers_infographic.jpg

Edited by Adam Murray

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Barack

Toner, Ringrose, & Stander, all confirmed out for the weekend.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Team for Sat

http://www.scottishrugby.org/news/19/02/07/four-changes-scotland-pursue-best-ever-performance

 

Saturday 9 February, kick-off 2.15pm – live on BBC

15. Stuart Hogg VICE CAPTAIN (Glasgow Warriors) – 66 caps

14. Tommy Seymour (Glasgow Warriors) – 47 caps
13. Huw Jones (Glasgow Warriors) – 20 caps
12. Sam Johnson (Glasgow Warriors) – 1 cap
11. Sean Maitland (Saracens) – 37 caps

10. Finn Russell (Racing 92) – 41 caps
9. Greig Laidlaw CAPTAIN (Clermont Auvergne) – 67 caps

1. Allan Dell (Edinburgh) – 18 caps
2. Stuart McInally VICE CAPTAIN (Edinburgh) – 23 caps
3. Simon Berghan (Edinburgh) – 15 caps
4. Grant Gilchrist (Edinburgh) – 29 caps
5. Jonny Gray (Glasgow Warriors) – 47 caps
6. Ryan Wilson (Glasgow Warriors) – 42 caps
7. Jamie Ritchie (Edinburgh) – 7 caps
8. Josh Strauss (Sale Sharks) – 18 caps

Substitutes
16. Fraser Brown (Glasgow Warriors) – 38 caps
17. Jamie Bhatti (Glasgow Warriors) – 12 caps
18. D’arcy Rae (Glasgow Warriors) – uncapped
19. Ben Toolis (Edinburgh) – 15 caps
20. Rob Harley (Glasgow Warriors) – 20 caps
21. Ali Price (Glasgow Warriors) – 20 caps
22. Pete Horne (Glasgow Warriors) – 38 caps
23. Blair Kinghorn (Edinburgh) – 8 caps

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

Team for Sat

http://www.scottishrugby.org/news/19/02/07/four-changes-scotland-pursue-best-ever-performance

 

Saturday 9 February, kick-off 2.15pm – live on BBC

15. Stuart Hogg VICE CAPTAIN (Glasgow Warriors) – 66 caps

14. Tommy Seymour (Glasgow Warriors) – 47 caps
13. Huw Jones (Glasgow Warriors) – 20 caps
12. Sam Johnson (Glasgow Warriors) – 1 cap
11. Sean Maitland (Saracens) – 37 caps

10. Finn Russell (Racing 92) – 41 caps
9. Greig Laidlaw CAPTAIN (Clermont Auvergne) – 67 caps

1. Allan Dell (Edinburgh) – 18 caps
2. Stuart McInally VICE CAPTAIN (Edinburgh) – 23 caps
3. Simon Berghan (Edinburgh) – 15 caps
4. Grant Gilchrist (Edinburgh) – 29 caps
5. Jonny Gray (Glasgow Warriors) – 47 caps
6. Ryan Wilson (Glasgow Warriors) – 42 caps
7. Jamie Ritchie (Edinburgh) – 7 caps
8. Josh Strauss (Sale Sharks) – 18 caps

Substitutes
16. Fraser Brown (Glasgow Warriors) – 38 caps
17. Jamie Bhatti (Glasgow Warriors) – 12 caps
18. D’arcy Rae (Glasgow Warriors) – uncapped
19. Ben Toolis (Edinburgh) – 15 caps
20. Rob Harley (Glasgow Warriors) – 20 caps
21. Ali Price (Glasgow Warriors) – 20 caps
22. Pete Horne (Glasgow Warriors) – 38 caps
23. Blair Kinghorn (Edinburgh) – 8 caps

 

 

 

 

I'd have preferred to see Kinghorn in the starting XV. Not because he ran in three tries last week (Maitland or Seymour would have got them too on that wing) but more to field the box kicks from Conor Murray. Last week, May was snaffling them up without any bother; Kinghorn's a big fella who looks very confident under the high ball and I think he'd nullify the box kcik better than Maitland.

 

Otherwise, that's a good line up. Looking forward to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
neilnunb

Ffs just giving away tries. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874

Unfortunate 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874

Loose try, loose line out

 

Will get hammered if don't stop the mistakes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874

Hogg got a bad one earlier after a kick ahead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874

Shambles 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
neilnunb

This is going to be a loooong day...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Sausage

We won’t win anything with school boy errors that we’ve seen so far. 

 

This is game is Scotland to a tee. Lots of endeavour let down by ridiculous mistakes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ibrahim Tall

Back to being the Scotland of a few years ago, stupid errors and passes all over the pitch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Sausage

Physically impossible for the Ireland defensive line to make contact that far behind the gain line without them being offside. 

 

Comical. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
neilnunb

That's better. Come on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874

Great finish 

 

Russell stepping in for Hogg 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maroon Sailor

Great conversion in tough conditions

 

Scotland back in it at 10-12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ibrahim Tall

Pleasing how often we’re leathering Sexton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
neilnunb

Ireland are there for the taking. Just those stupid early tries ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874
11 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Pleasing how often we’re leathering Sexton.

 

I think Ireland put Hogg out of game with illegal 'tackle' but we might see at half time. 

 

Just showed it. Deliberate red card offence - Peter O'Mahony though didn't catch his shoulder so probably not the cause. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874

Still in the game after that difficult period. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Barack

Encouraged for the 2nd.

 

Carberry looks like he's never played at 10 in his puff. Nervous a hell.

 

I'd be sending torpedoes down his throat, as per Sexton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taffin

Playing well but our own worst enemy again. Lapses in concentration at key moments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Playing well but our own worst enemy again. Lapses in concentration at key moments.

 

Overall a lot better against a stronger side physically and everything including  confidence. Second half will show it we are stepping up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Sausage

We need to be ahead come 60 mins. Our depth is nowhere near the quality of Ireland’s and so we need points on the board by then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Shame we didn’t come away from all those phases without anything. Hopefully we’ve had our bad period out the way, look the better team but need to cut out the mistakes. Ireland haven’t played that well but have taken their chances 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban

C'mon Scotland, pump this mob.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Sausage

Madness from Gray. ****ing errors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taffin

Too many mistakes. We're the better team but beating ourselves at the moment still.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
All roads lead to Gorgie

Player too much advantage. Ref would do the SFA proud. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874

That is some defence by Scotland 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taffin

Defence nowhere to be seen again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Sausage

Scandalous. 

 

Absolutely embarassing defending. 

 

But seeing how the referee is calling anything remotely flat as forward then how the **** is that not a forward pass. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
neilnunb

???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874

Nearing 60 minutes easier for forwards to miss tackles 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874
1 minute ago, Captain Sausage said:

Scandalous. 

 

Absolutely embarassing defending. 

 

But seeing how the referee is calling anything remotely flat as forward then how the **** is that not a forward pass. 

 

Agree not forward 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maroon Sailor

And Hibs go 2 up to make matters worse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
All roads lead to Gorgie

The usual soft try giveaway by Scotland ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874

Up to Scotland to lift it now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Sausage

Great kick by Greig. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...