Six Nations 2019

ri Alban

21 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Wales need to beat Ireland with bonus point to stop England catching them. 

Wales just need to beat Ireland and they've won it.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• letsalldothebeattie

• Victorian

13 minutes ago, conn artist said:

If you get a slam you get three extra bonus points. 

11 minutes ago, felix said:

Wales just need to beat Ireland and they've won it.

Cheers 

Is it just me, the Scottish players never seem to look as big or as fit as the rest of the teams.

I know our diet for fresh fruit and veg is murder, but it seems to show up when we play any opponents #basicfitness 

Adam Murray
1 hour ago, Australis...... said:

Is it just me, the Scottish players never seem to look as big or as fit as the rest of the teams.

I know our diet for fresh fruit and veg is murder, but it seems to show up when we play any opponents #basicfitness 

And possibly one of the reasons for a lot of our injuries.

Big Jonny Gray is a tackling machine, very rarely misses a tackle, but it all seems very tame from him compared to the likes of his opposite numbers in other teams, Alun Wyn Jones, Devon Toner, Mario Itojie etc, when they tackle people, they know they've been tackled. These guy's play on the border line of the laws, with a bit of bite and nastiness about them. Scotland seems to have a lack of these kind of players, although it was good to see Jamie Ritchie not taking a backward step yesterday.

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, Adam Murray said:

And possibly one of the reasons for a lot of our injuries.

Big Jonny Gray is a tackling machine, very rarely misses a tackle, but it all seems very tame from him compared to the likes of his opposite numbers in other teams, Alun Wyn Jones, Devon Toner, Mario Itojie etc, when they tackle people, they know they've been tackled. These guy's play on the border line of the laws, with a bit of bite and nastiness about them. Scotland seems to have a lack of these kind of players, although it was good to see Jamie Ritchie not taking a backward step yesterday.

I don't want to unfairly pick out Gray for criticism but for his size he doesn't like you say knock opponents backwards. Also he doesn't seem to gain any ground whilst carrying the ball and forward momentum ceases when we give it him. Hamish Watson who is much smaller than Gray is more effective in gaining yards and he was our best player when he came on near the end.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

A proper dismal tournament for Scotland. England will win by about 50 points. As for the World Cup, a write off.

11 hours ago, Australis...... said:

I mentioned something along the same lines to my mate on Saturday.

How come all the other teams have big,meaty, solid ******** and ours look like a fart would knock them over?

Very disappointing how we've regressed in this competition when we were starting to look better.

The Old Tolbooth

As long as Wales win on Saturday, then all else is irrelevant as we all know Scotland will capitulate badly at Twickenham as usual. 

I P Knightley
14 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

And amazingly Wales could win the Grand Slam but lose the Championship. 

https://www.sixnationsrugby.com/table/

Wales need to beat Ireland with bonus point to stop England catching them. 

I see that the three point GS bonus has been brought up but it's not well known. I've been telling English mates to noise up their Welsh buddies by telling them that a Grand Slam might not win them the championship.

Having looked at the games over the weekend, I think the Welsh will find beating Ireland (even in their own back yard) a tall order.

3 hours ago, Barack said:

Seymour & Kinghorn confirmed out now. :lol:

Tragically funny.

All about being flt for Heineken quarters especially Kinghorn as Edinburgh have a chance.

Wouldn't be risking Hogg this weekend either.

Take the pasting from England and Glasgow concentrate on Pro14.

I P Knightley
4 hours ago, Barack said:

Seymour & Kinghorn confirmed out now. :lol:

Tragically funny.

I've got a ticket for Saturday and will take my boots along, just in case.

Cruyff Turn

It was the France game that done it, they are utter shite and in complete disarray, we should have been wiping the floor with them. 

We should be beating Ireland as well, their teams about a million years old ffs. 

The signs were there against Italy though, one of the worst teams in the world and we were handing them tries hand over fist.

We’ve gone from being cheated out of a probable WC final, to giving New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, England, Ireland, Wales a game and contenders for the 6 nations, to an utterly clueless, uncompetitive pile of dugshit under Townsend.

Feckin palemerk arsehole. 

But again the SRU get what they deserve as they are also a bunch of elitist, clueless self serving, backwards idiots.

13 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

It was the France game that done it, they are utter shite and in complete disarray, we should have been wiping the floor with them. 

We should be beating Ireland as well, their teams about a million years old ffs. 

The signs were there against Italy though, one of the worst teams in the world and we were handing them tries hand over fist.

We’ve gone from being cheated out of a probable WC final, to giving New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, England, Ireland, Wales a game and contenders for the 6 nations, to an utterly clueless, uncompetitive pile of dugshit under Townsend.

But again the SRU get what they deserve as they are also a bunch of elitist, clueless self serving, backwards idiots.

Here here totally agree. He’s a fraud. Bring back big Vern.

22 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

A proper dismal tournament for Scotland. England will win by about 50 points. As for the World Cup, a write off.

Mur Mur Mur!

The Old Tolbooth
17 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Hoy!! 

Nowt wrong with a Palemerk! ? (Unless you're Toony of course :lol:

The guy is nowhere near as good as Vern Cotter, still can't get my head around shoehorning him into position just in case he went elsewhere, let him go ffs and get Cotter back in, and publicly apologise to him as well! 

Cruyff Turn
5 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Hoy!! 

Nowt wrong with a Palemerk! ? (Unless you're Toony of course :lol:

The guy is nowhere near as good as Vern Cotter, still can't get my head around shoehorning him into position just in case he went elsewhere, let him go ffs and get Cotter back in, and publicly apologise to him as well! 

:rofl:I had to use palemerk in a sentence at least once in my life and the cap fitted for Tattie coupon Townsend. 

Cotter rebuilt the Scottish team, gave us style and direction. Townsend has systematically been eroding all that good groundwork laid down. We’ve gone back to the days of Andy Robinson under Gregor. 

The Old Tolbooth
15 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

:rofl:I had to use palemerk in a sentence at least once in my life and the cap fitted for Tattie coupon Townsend. 

Cotter rebuilt the Scottish team, gave us style and direction. Townsend has systematically been eroding all that good groundwork laid down. We’ve gone back to the days of Andy Robinson under Gregor. 

Totally agree with that mate, he''s the blue eyed boy of Scottish rugby and he was shoehorned in at the expense of a top coach, we finally get someone who leads us in the right direction and we kick him out, we pretty much deserve everything we get really. 

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Didn’t think anything could be worse to watch than that defeat today...

Scotland at twickenham is like hearts at Celtic Park, almost worth just giving the points and not showing up 

3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Booing an obvious knock on.    **** off,   you'll win by god knows how many.

You need to remember the Twickenham crowd are one of the most odious in world sport. I had the pleasure of ending up on a train that was packed with them on the way to Twickenham.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Why do Scotland absolutely shit the bed away from home? I mean I know overall this has been a poor 6 Nations but we at least gave Ireland and Wales a game at home, but got trounced by one of the worst French teams in history and look to be heading to a cricket score here. we  beat everyone at home in 6N across 2017-2018 years, whereas we haven’t got an away win (other then Rome) since we won at croke Park in 2010 

It looks like 7s stuff when England are attacking in the open.     Maybe the weakest performance ever.     Working the coach's ticket away?

Geoff the Mince

After a thoroughly depressing first spell this is more like it .

Yaaaaas !!! Ha get in !! 

How is that not a penalty???

In fact it is now. Farrell should be off too. ?

Edited by neilnunb