Jimmy Dunne Appreciation Thread

Lord Beni of Gorgie

portobellojambo1
On 08/01/2019 at 12:23, Mikey1874 said:

Good he is back fit. Going to Sunderland it seems.

Maybe Jack Ross might convince him to consider coming back to HMFC for a longer period in future (this is just a totally wild guess/slaver and I have naff all to support making such a statement)

Thanks very much Jimmy ,pleasure to see you playing in a Hearts shirt and would be a pleasure to see you back in one.

Excellent young footballer and by all accounts a thoroughly decent young fellah. Leaves with every best wish.

Not that Ozturk has started many games of late but Dunne signing for Sunderland will presumably push Big Oz even further down the pecking order?

Loved JD excellent footballer who I wish all the best in his career. Sunderland seems a strange one. Maybe they have looked at our returning players and thought he might not be a guaranteed starter who know but he certainly got the club that's for sure. 

Scottish Premier League vs English 1st division, what would you pick??

Answer; the better one!

At least there (at Sunderland) will be decent referees and the games will be governed by a reputable organisation, the EFL!

I’m guessing they don’t find consdier the uU23 league as a game for Burnley otherwise he wouldn’t be able to sign for Sunderland! I’m sure a few years ago Hatem Ben Arfa signed for Nice and couldn’t play because he had played for Hull and Newcastle U23s 

The Apprentice
13 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Scottish Premier League vs English 1st division, what would you pick??

Answer; the better one!

At least there (at Sunderland) will be decent referees and the games will be governed by a reputable organisation, the EFL!

I think Burnley would have had a big say on where he was going more than anything else.  I honestly doubt JD would have had much of a choice in the matter.

As much as people argue about the difference in standard between the leagues its a pretty relentless fixture schedule down there with games Sat/Tues most weeks so he's probably going to get more minutes on the pitch.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, The Apprentice said:

I think Burnley would have had a big say on where he was going more than anything else.  I honestly doubt JD would have had much of a choice in the matter.

As much as people argue about the difference in standard between the leagues its a pretty relentless fixture schedule down there with games Sat/Tues most weeks so he's probably going to get more minutes on the pitch.

A high pressure environment for him, English football, Sunderland probably agreeing to pay a good chunk of his wages, could be lots of factors.

I think Jimmy would have been back like a shot if he could have