Jimmy Dunne Appreciation Thread

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Think he deserves one of his own.

Embraced the club from day 1 and obviously made a huge impression on the War of Two Halves guys.

Unselfishly, I hope we never see him again, that would be a reflection on Jimmy reaching the top of the game. Not sure he got the media attention he deserved, a very welcome part of the team, pleasure having him.

His celebration at full-time of the Aberdeen game at Tynecastle was one of the moments of the season for me. You could see there and then how much he cared. 

All the best, Jimmy. 

Rabbie_Burns

Definitely get the feeling we'll see him return some time in the future, really loved his time here and genuinely bought into the club ?

upgotheheads

It will be interesting to see how his career developes and what level he is loaned to in England. If it's league one or lower then he might not be doing himself any favours.

Rocky jamboa

Thought he might have been here for the rest of the season but suppose not one worth pushing the boat out for with berra, souttar and dikamona all soon to be fit and available and Smith an option in the centre as well. 

He's been a great signing, fitted in really well, seemed to get the club and I'm sure he'll go on to have a good career.

The best compliment I could give him is that we hardly noticed the loss of berra and souttar since he came in

I don’t think Burnley are to blame here.

I have a feeling CL is looking beyond this season and as soon as it was confirmed signing Dunne permanently wasn’t an option we’ve looked elsewhere.

There is no other reason I can see for Dunne to be recalled and loaned out again.

33 minutes ago, Jambo Ell said:

His celebration at full-time of the Aberdeen game at Tynecastle was one of the moments of the season for me. You could see there and then how much he cared. 

All the best, Jimmy. 

Same at full time of the killie game we lost 1-0.  Never seen a player hammer the ground with their fist that many times in anger. 

Absolutely magnificent in every game, put his body on the line and he wasn’t even our player. Even when we got pumped at Murrayfield and Ibrox, his level of commitment was unsurpassed.

Shame he won’t be back as he was superb but like Gio, I’d love to see the laddie make it at the top level. 

All the very best to Jimmy Dunne. 

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Think he deserves one of his own.

Embraced the club from day 1 and obviously made a huge impression on the War of Two Halves guys.

Unselfishly, I hope we never see him again, that would be a reflection on Jimmy reaching the top of the game. Not sure he got the media attention he deserved, a very welcome part of the team, pleasure having him.

Great shout SG, loved watching the lad as he strolled round the pitch like a pro 10 years older than him.

Will miss him, quality player and hope he makes it to the top .

No feelings about Burnley one way or t'other, but Dunne was a class act for us.  Hope he goes non to have a successful career.

An all round great lad.  It's a shame about the circumstances, and the modern day finances of football, as we could have had a player for life if we had the buying power.  One of those players that "gets" what Hearts are all about, his commitment and drive were spot on for us.  I would love to see him in a Hearts shirt again - you never know what might happen in a decade or so!

All the best to him in the future, hope he has a top notch career :thumbsup: 

siegementality

Jimmy is Burnley’s player and they are entitled to progress his career how they see fit. If they think a loan to a English side - Sunderland I believe - is the way forward then that’s their prerogative.

Whilst I would never want us to have the injuries we did it, it gave us the opportunity to see a bright star of the future. He seemed a down to earth guy who understands football and football fans.

All the very best to you Jimmy and hopefully see you back at Tynecastle one day.

Auld Reekin'

See you Jimmy!   :thumbsup:

Thanks and good luck.

He made a great block in that abysmal performance at St Mirren-he fist pumped like he had scored a last minute goal in a cup final-boy is a winner-I thank him whole heartedly for his efforts and wish him all the success in his career.

good luck Jimmy it was a pleasure watching you through some tough times.

scott herbertson
2 hours ago, Herbert said:

Hope he will come back when he's made his money, Berra might be allowed to retire about then anyway.

I did think that maybe if he doesn’t break through to the first team at Burnley he may come back next year as Berra’s understudy depending on how long Christophe wants to play on for. 

Gave his all for the badge, an absolute credit to the jersey and will go on to be a top player. 21 years old ffs, mind blowing.

Thank you Jimmy it’s been an absolute pleasure, plenty jambos will be watching your career with interest 

All roads lead to Gorgie

If you discount the Romanov so called loan signings, Jimmy must be one of the best and most dedicated loaned players to pull on the shirt for us. Good luck Jimmy I'm sure you will make it big in the game!

12 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I did think that maybe if he doesn’t break through to the first team at Burnley he may come back next year as Berra’s understudy depending on how long Christophe wants to play on for. 

I don't think he will be back that soon sadly, His wage would be out of our league.

scott herbertson
Just now, Herbert said:

I don't think he will be back that soon sadly, His wage would be out of our league.

You’re probably right - just wishful thinking on my part, he was so good.

rudi must stay

Absolutely strolled it in this league Jimmy Dunne v everyone. I'm sure he'll build a great career, he seems a clever player and that's the most important thing being a defender.

Pasquale for King

Great player, great guy. Hope he has a great career and we see him back again at some point. **** Burnley, back to the Championship where they belong.

portobellojambo1
2 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

I posted on another thread somewhere on here about Jimmy Dunne Scott. My thoughts were and are that potentially Burnely could be about to throw him in at the deep end to try and stiffen up their defence. In all honesty I have no problem with Burnley not letting him return if they need him to help their own cause, which I guess is to pull themselves away from the bottom end of the league. From what we saw of him in his time at Tynecastle I do think he will go on to have a very good career. My only hope is Burnley start getting things right, picking up points and he isn't flung in to a struggling side, and loses any confidence already built up as a result. Perhaps we could arrange a pre season friendly with Burnley this Summer so we could have a decent day out down there and an opportunity to thank him properly for his time here.

Jimmy was great for Hearts, he just got better and better, and his attitude was spot-on. Just sorry he got injured and we couldn’t keep him longer. We’ll be very lucky if the new loanee is as good.

i wish jj was my dad

Disappointed to see him go but really appreciate his commitment. I can't pay a higher compliment than saying he filled the skipper's boots.

Best of luck Jimmy.

RalphieCifaretto

Great player for us, made a huge impact in a short time. All the best to him in the future.

Apparently going to be joining Sunderland for second half of season.

I absolutely loved this guy. His celebrations after the games when we won will live long in the memory. He got the club from day one and he knew what it meant to us. I’m sorry it ended so soon for us but his tenure here was appreciated by all. A real play art in the making. I hope in future  he gets a big money move to one of the English giants as he’s too good for Burnley. 

Good luck Jimmy Dunne. I seriously hope

you reach the very top of your profession and I hope the Hearts will always be fondly remembered you. You’ll always be welcome here as a visitor! 

I don't think any of us had an inkling quite how good he'd be when he signed for us. He's welcome back anytime, though I suspect his career will be played out at a higher level than the SPL

queensferryjambo

Thought he had a really ropey game against St Mirren at home and was worried about him after that game.

I couldn't have been more wrong he was a great player for us after that he went from strength to strength.

Sad to see him go and would love to see him back at some point.

9 hours ago, Jambo Ell said:

All the best, Jimmy. 

Summed up quite nicely there. 

Great lad. Did very well for us. 

Hope he has a brilliant career. 

Would have loved him to stay. 

Beat of luck Jimmy. 

After the 0-0 draw to Hibs he came over to the Main stand applauding the fans and then gesturing away at the Hibs fans.  You could tell he really got the club. Then after that he ran over and helped one of the members of staff carry gear back in, his attitude will serve him well. Wish him all the best. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, WoodenHertz said:

After the 0-0 draw to Hibs he came over to the Main stand applauding the fans and then gesturing away at the Hibs fans.  You could tell he really got the club. Then after that he ran over and helped one of the members of staff carry gear back in, his attitude will serve him well. Wish him all the best. 

I remember him doing that, says a lot about his character.

It’s a shame Burnley aren’t letting him return. I liked him & the boy will hopefully go on to have a good career. He certainly gave his all playing for us.