Man City v Liverpool

Mikey1874

I hasten to add, I’m not against tech being used, especially to clarify glaring errors, but I just found that very harsh.

We’d be raging if that went against us in a top of the table clash.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Sooperstar

• cb1874

• Seymour M Hersh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, cb1874 said:

I hasten to add, I’m not against tech being used, especially to clarify glaring errors, but I just found that very harsh.

It would be without a doubt

5 minutes ago, cb1874 said:

You found it harsh that the referee adhered to the rule?

:blink:

alwaysthereinspirit
5 minutes ago, dc-jambo said:

Great game this - Liverpool gotta open up, now

They’ll have to stop chasing shadows in the second half.

Could be a great second half.

5 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

It's not harsh as the ball didn't go in. I'm with you on this Phil, tech helps the rules be applied correctly and people think it's harsh. The mind boggles.

The Apprentice
11 minutes ago, cb1874 said:

But it’s not a goal though? Yeah you’d be disappointed from a fans perspective but ultimately it’s the correct decision. 

Ferryjambo99
12 minutes ago, cb1874 said:

If I could see the ball hadn't crossed the line as we can see it hasn't why would I be raging 

5 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

No...I find it harsh that so much of the ball can be in the goal and it’s not a goal.

Unfortunately, I’ll have to repeat myself...if that had gone against us, we’d be raging.

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

It's not harsh as the ball didn't go in. I'm with you on this Phil, tech helps the rules be applied correctly and people think it's harsh. The mind boggles.

I always find the "What if it went against us" argument to be baffling.

If someone showed me conclusive evidence (i.e. the goal line technology) that we didn't score a goal, I don't think I'd be able to feel hard done by.

No...I find it harsh that so much of the ball can be in the goal and it’s not a goal.

Unfortunately, I’ll have to repeat myself...if that had gone against us, we’d be raging.

You might be but I and many others wouldn't. It wasn't a goal, that's the rules of the game ??

I’m not saying it’s a wrong decision, I’m not saying the tech is wrong.

Doesn’t mean I have to like it. As said previously....on the touch line, that gets a throw in, every time.

If Hearts conceded a goal to a ball that wasn't over the line, I'd be a **** ton more pissed off than I would be if we weren't awarded a goal because the whole ball didn't cross the line.

"Aye well, it was nearly in" doesn't cut it.

3 minutes ago, cb1874 said:

I’m not saying it’s a wrong decision, I’m not saying the tech is wrong.

Doesn’t mean I have to like it. As said previously....on the touch line, that gets a throw in, every time.

Then maybe football isn't for you. A goal is scored when the whole ball crosses the line, it's a fundamental of the game.

Just because the linesmen often get it wrong is somewhat inconsequential. 

Edited by Taffin

18 minutes ago, cb1874 said:

Why are you arguing against a fact. It's not an opinion, of which there are many to argue for and against. It's a stone cold fact! Exactly what technology should be used for. No goal!

I must like a different type of football from most on here, I've found this game, along with most EPL games I've watched to be boring, tactical pish interspersed with the odd moment of brilliance that often produces a goal. 66% of the passes in this game have been between the defenders and the goalkeepers.

Honestly it bores me rigid.

Give me the blood, tears and snotters of our game any time

Then maybe football isn't for you. A goal is score when the whole ball crosses the line, it's a fundamental of the game.

Maybe the Derby should've finished 1-1 on Saturday, since Whittakers shot nearly crossed the line.

2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Then maybe football isn't for you. A goal is scored when the whole ball crosses the line, it's a fundamental of the game.

That’s hardly inconsequential...it’s a fundamental of the game.

Brighton Jambo

Vincent Kompany should have seen red.  Ref bottled it as he didn’t want to be the guy who gets all the headlines tomorrow.  Any other game in EPL that is a red card all day long. 

How accurate is the goal line technology!? In the replays it looked to be over but the tech says differently! 

Does it ever get it wrong!? Just wondering.

2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Maybe the Derby should've finished 1-1 on Saturday, since Whittakers shot nearly crossed the line.

Now you’re just being an arse

Just now, Taffin said:

Then maybe football isn't for you. A goal is score when the whole ball crosses the line, it's a fundamental of the game.

This is typical of ‘technology’, as applied by the IT crowd

Prior to the system coming in, everyone believed that ‘ over the line’  meant that the centre of the ball was over the far edge of the line.

now some dipshit programmer comes in and says otherwise .......

Just now, jambo89 said:

How accurate is the goal line technology!? In the replays it looked to be over but the tech says differently! 

Does it ever get it wrong!? Just wondering.

Just now, dc-jambo said:

Prior to the system coming in, everyone believed that ‘ over the line’  meant that the centre of the ball was over the far edge of the line.

Good point

That’s hardly inconsequential...it’s a fundamental of the game.

It's inconsequential as to whether the rule should be "nearly in is enough". Just because the rule is applied wrongly in some instances doesn't mean it's therefore a travesty when applied correctly.

It's inconsequential as to whether the rule should be "nearly in is enough". Just because the rule is applied wrongly in some instances doesn't mean it's therefore a travesty when applied correctly.

So it’s ok sometimes but not others...fair enough 

Edited by cb1874

1 minute ago, dc-jambo said:

No they didn't. I've never met anyone who thought that. This thread is the only place I've ever encountered people arguing a "more in than out" perspective.

Just now, cb1874 said:

So it’s ok sometimes but not others

Is it?

I didn't say that so you tell me. What I said is that just because linesmen get it wrong at throw ins and corners that is not a reason to award goals incorrectly. One error is inconsequential to the other. You are effectively arguing that it's better to get all the decisions wrong.

7 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Vincent Kompany should have seen red.  Ref bottled it as he didn’t want to be the guy who gets all the headlines tomorrow.  Any other game in EPL that is a red card all day long. 

Kompany got away with one at the weekend aswell.

I blame Frank Lampard anyway

You've had Weston Super on this one mate. 

Enjoy the game ???

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

It's sparked a debate 

VAR next please 

Please no!!! You voice an opinion on here, and you either need a lawyer, or a set of ear plugs.

9 minutes ago, dc-jambo said:

Only folk who didn't know the rules would think this. 

Have you just started watching football recently? It's always been the whole ball, long before technology and long before folk talked shit on the internet!

11 minutes ago, Taffin said:

No they didn't. I've never met anyone who thought that. This thread is the only place I've ever encountered people arguing a "more in than out" perspective.

It's one of the first things you learn, isn't it? The whole ball must cross the line. Was probably the first rule I learned after "You can't handle the ball". Christ, we had an umpteen page thread ripping the piss out of Griffiths' "goal" about it. 

Edited by Normthebarman

Unknown user
17 minutes ago, dc-jambo said:

That's just not true, the rule's been clear as day for as long as I can remember

I'm with the poster above who thinks English football is shit boring by the way

8 minutes ago, JyTees said:

Only folk who didn't know the rules would think this. 

Have you just started watching football recently? It's always been the whole ball, long before technology and long before folk talked shit on the internet!

Surely that does not happen!?