Match ratings v the bottom six vermin

Geoff Kilpatrick

35 minutes ago, Bauld said:

I won't bother giving ratings for everyone. They all played their part.

I would like to give Clare some extra credit though. He seems to get plenty stick on here but against hibs he played his role perfectly. He was asked to drop deep and make sure we controlled the middle of the park and he did exactly that. I think, for the job he was asked to do, this was his best game for us so far.

Also I can taste the tears from some previous posters on here.

It's like nectar. :pleasing: 

FTH

At the match I wasn’t sure he was up

to much, but watching again on TV he actually contributed well, his best game

for us.

but I Think he should have been subbed around 70mins he looked burst! 

At the time I didnt realise Doyle got a touch to Whittaker shot. It's an incredible save 

Haring was immense. Ground he covered was unreal. Smith looks very assured in the middle of a back 3. Far better than at right back or RWB 

Godinho is a real worry though. He looked the weak link in that side 

Craig got his tactics on the button. We dominated them in the midfield and that is very rare in recent years.  They've undoubtedly regressed in that area after losing McGinn etc 

Once we get big Uche back along with arrival of Vanecek we'll look a better side 

Top 3 finish remains a very distinct possibility 

On 29/12/2018 at 21:33, NB GIN said:

I don’t get this got the tactics the game was. Decided by a piece of brilliance which could just as easily been Hibs 

The majority of our posters are pea brains that will say everything is wonderful with the right result and vice versa the opposite 

Well pleased with the result but stick with my guns Levein is not the answer tactis are crap 

We should be destroying them don’t get carried away with a lucky win look at the stats 

Get it ****ing round you. 

2 hours ago, RudiHMFC said:

Clare and Godinho were the weakest links, Naisy put Clare in twice and he didn't even threaten to score. Haring should probably get a 10 as he was absolutely immense, was gutted to see him go off and you could see we missed him as they started to get back in to the game.

Agree.  If Naismith had a solid partner up there we’d have probably not been under as much pressure for the last 15 or so mins.

First half we were the better side. Edged a foothold in midfield.

Haring was superb.

Defence was solid all night but got asked to step up far to often in the 2nd half for my liking. You’re going to be under pressure at times in an away derby but we should’ve been better in possession in the latter part of the match.

On 29/12/2018 at 19:56, OTT said:

Clare - 6, found him really frustrating to watch. Some good bits but that dive was rancid. Should have looked to score first. 

Only rancid thing is how desperate some fans are to have a go at our own players!

Clare seen Ambrose coming across and went down under contact, yes he went down easily but Ambrose still makes contact with him before playing the ball, should have been a penalty. Huge difference between playing for a foul and a dive.

Bridge of Djoum
On 29/12/2018 at 16:33, NB GIN said:

I don’t get this got the tactics the game was. Decided by a piece of brilliance which could just as easily been Hibs 

The majority of our posters are pea brains that will say everything is wonderful with the right result and vice versa the opposite 

Well pleased with the result but stick with my guns Levein is not the answer tactis are crap 

We should be destroying them don’t get carried away with a lucky win look at the stats 

:rofl:

Roond ye.

Arthur Morgan

Lucky win? Despite Hibs having double the amount of shots as us, we actually had more on target. Looks to me like Hibs played lottery football and tried to fluke a result. Hoof after hoof, and yet it's them who claim to play flair football, akin to 1970's Brazil. Hilarious! :lol:

Fair play, you've got some balls on you, calling everyone pea brains after that opening sentence!

4 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Lucky win? Despite Hibs having double the amount of shots as us, we actually had more on target. Looks to me like Hibs played lottery football and tried to fluke a result. Hoof after hoof, and yet it's them who claim to play flair football, akin to 1970's Brazil. Hilarious! :lol:

They were very hoofy weren't they? But for good reason, our midfield was better than theirs, they had to avoid it.

On 29/12/2018 at 20:34, nathan brittles said:

Could the editor please disallow headings like this.We are bigger than this.Please accept that allowing use of pathetic language demeans all of us.

Vermin FTH

Well pleased with the result but i'm still going to have a dig at Levein and the support.

:greggy:

5 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Well pleased with the result but i'm still going to have a dig at Levein and the support.

:greggy:

The point is the majority of posters will praise everyone high when the result is a win then next game if it’s a defeat they are calling for his head.

Let’s just let the feet on the ground some of the ratings are beyond a joke 

Once all the players are back we will improve but personally still don’t think he is the man for the job 

keep it real people 

3 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Very good 

Imagine beating Hibs at Easter Road for the first time since 2014 and still trying to suck the joy out of it.

There's only two possible reasons for what you're posting and I know which one is more likely.

4 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

The point is the majority of posters will praise everyone high when the result is a win then next game if it’s a defeat they are calling for his head.

Once all the players are back we will improve but personally still don’t think he is the man for the job 

keep it real people 

Calling folk pea brained................bit pathetic. 

Enjoy the victory and maybe have some time off from your wee sly digs.

Generic Username

Levein spotted that Horgan had a free role and opted to switch Djoum deeper to sit on him in the first half after about 20 minutes, completely removing him and his threat from the game after that point. It's been widely accepted in previous derbies that Hibs had a stronger midfield on paper and appeared to dominated games in the middle, which is why previously we've been subjected to long balls into their final third to compete for the second ball and why in the last couple of derby games at Tynecastle, Hibs have opted to go long knowing they don't have the same quality in midfield to compete.

Quite an odd decision to argue that tactically we weren't spot on. We'd effectively nullified Hibs so well that they'd resorted to shelling the ball long and into the mixer from about 70 minutes in.

1 hour ago, NB GIN said:

keep it real people 

Asking pea brained people to "keep it real" is a bit of an ask is it not?

Away and have a bottle of yourself and relax.:thumbsup:

9 hours ago, Meestah Sahmon said:

Levein spotted that Horgan had a free role and opted to switch Djoum deeper to sit on him in the first half after about 20 minutes, completely removing him and his threat from the game after that point. It's been widely accepted in previous derbies that Hibs had a stronger midfield on paper and appeared to dominated games in the middle, which is why previously we've been subjected to long balls into their final third to compete for the second ball and why in the last couple of derby games at Tynecastle, Hibs have opted to go long knowing they don't have the same quality in midfield to compete.

Quite an odd decision to argue that tactically we weren't spot on. We'd effectively nullified Hibs so well that they'd resorted to shelling the ball long and into the mixer from about 70 minutes in.

All spot on mate but I still think we offered the ball into our box far too easy in that last 20 mins.

Maybe some players were struggling as CL hinted and we gambled a bit by relying on our defence to win the ball , but there was umpteen times our full backs were left 2 on 1.