Match ratings v the bottom six vermin

Geoff Kilpatrick

Geoff Kilpatrick

Thought: Will there only be 3 derbies this season?

Anyway....

Doyle - 8 - That save from Whittaker was worth an 8 on its own, even with his flap right at the end.

Smith - 8 - Looks a natural sweeper and doesn't panic at all with the ball at his feet.

Garuccio - 7 - Got stuck in and negated any threat down their right. The fact that Ambrose saw a lot of the ball was a good thing.

Dikamona - 8 - Special bonus point for playing on while obviously crocked. The idea of Aaron Hughes coming on was enough to scare the shit out of every Hearts fan!

Haring - 9 - Immense. Even though he didn't finish the game he bossed it. We were a different team when he went off

Berra - 7 - Solid as ever

Naismith - 7 - Clever as always without looking threatening. He manages things so well on the pitch.

Lee - 8 - WHAT.A.GOAL; did well otherwise

Clare - 7 - First time he has finished a 90 minutes for us. I doubted his workrate but he proved me wrong. He desperately needs a confidence boost though.

Djoum - 8 - The perfect foil for Haring and then dropped deeper to cover his absence.

Godinho - 6 - The only player who I thought struggled. Mackie gave him a torrid time but thankfully his crossing was woeful

Subs:

Bozanic - 3 - Never really got to grips with the game

Mulraney - 1 - Could have given away a penalty

Levein - 10 - Got the tactics :spoton:

6 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Anyway....

Doyle - 8 - That save from Whittaker was worth an 8 on its own, even with his flap right at the end.

Smith - 8 - Looks a natural sweeper and doesn't panic at all with the ball at his feet.

Garuccio - 7 - Got stuck in and negated any threat down their right. The fact that Ambrose saw a lot of the ball was a good thing.

Dikamona - 8 - Special bonus point for playing on while obviously crocked. The idea of Aaron Hughes coming on was enough to scare the shit out of every Hearts fan!

Haring - 9 - Immense. Even though he didn't finish the game he bossed it. We were a different team when he went off

Naismith - 7 - Clever as always without looking threatening. He manages things so well on the pitch.

Clare - 7 - First time he has finished a 90 minutes for us. I doubted his workrate but he proved me wrong. He desperately needs a confidence boost though.

Djoum - 8 - The perfect foil for Haring and then dropped deeper to cover his absence.

Godinho - 6 - The only player who I thought struggled. Mackie gave him a torrid time but thankfully his crossing was woeful

Subs:

Only difference is I would give Dikamona and Djoum a 9.

Doyle 9 One spill aside he was a safe pair of hands and what a save.

Godinho 7 Played his part.

Smith 8 Excellent again

Berra 8 Never lost a challenge

Dikamona 8 To play the way he did with that injury was superb.

Garrucio 8 Excellent

Haring 9 MOTM

Djoum 8 Played well

Lee 8 What a strike

Clare 7 put in a shift.

Naismith 8 He was a handful.

Bozinac 7 Played his part

Mulraney 3 Cameo

Levein 8 Tactics spot on first half.

Whole team - Manahement/squad/fans 10

Just now, To Be Frank said:

Berra also deserves much better than a 7 :rofl:

True!  Missed that one TBH.

An 8 from me.

Doyle 8 - important stops, magnificent save from Whittaker’s shot.

Dikamona 9. - Granite

Smith 8 - Natural sweeper

Berra 7 - solid

Godinho 5 - I think he’s dugshit, not good enough to play for Hearts, sorry.

Djoum 8 - great player.

Haring 7 - was excellent until hernia popped back up.

Garuccio 6 - decent

Lee 8 - screamer of a hit, much better in a more advanced position.

Naisy 7 - makes the difference even if he’s not fully fit.

Clare 7 - still raw but ran his arse off, getting better. Won a lot of headers and got an assist. 

Doyle - 7, really solid but did flap at that cross towards the end. Finger tip save V Whittaker was amazing.

Godinho - 6, thought he was decent going forward but a bit suspect defensively. Want Brandon back so the two can fight it out

Clevid - 8, absolute warrior. Great performance and should great character to play at all (and then to stay on). Nice bit of skill too

Smith - 7, no complaints whatsoever. Solid as ever.

Berra - 8, The man mountain continues. 

Garuccio - 8, thought he was dangerous going forward and did the defensive work well

Haring - 8, even though he had to come off I thought he was outstanding in midfield winning balls and pinging passes. 

Djoum - 7, never hid. great game from him. He should be pleased. 

Lee - 8, what a ****ing goal. 

Clare - 6, found him really frustrating to watch. Some good bits but that dive was rancid. Should have looked to score first. 

Naismith - 8, unbelievable effort from him again. Didn't stop running for 90 minutes. Pressurised their defence big time and with a partner like Uche would expect more goals to come.

Subs

Boz - 6.5, think he kept the midfield ticking over but after Haring went off we lost our way a bit. 

Mulraney - 5, fairly anonymous

Hard to pick a MoM: Haring, Naismith, Clevid & Berra were a class above. Thought Clevid & Haring deserve big respect (Djoum too) for making the squad despite carrying knocks. 

Doyle- 7 great save and did well taking a few crosses but didn’t have much else to do 

Berra- 8 countless headers won, puts his head where it hurts 

Diakamona-8  warrior to the very end when clearly injured 

smith-8  strolled it, keep him at sweeper 

Garrucio- 7 solid and worked his arse off up and down 

Godhino- 7/6 solid and worked hard but a lot of the balls that came in from hibs were down his side 

Djoum-9 simply outstanding 

Lee- 7/8 neat and tidy but got stuck in goal means it’s probably a 8, what a strike 

Haring- 8 so composed in the middle, never seem flustered. Time for a well earned rest 

Clare-7 beginning to see glimpses of his talent, worked hard as well 

Naismith- 8 please stay 

Bozanic- 7 slotted in seemlessly, thought he should have started ahead of Lee, glad he didn’t 

Mulraney-3 no time really but pressed them well 

Levein-9 tactics spot on and made sure the players finally understand what a derby is about 

rudi must stay

Doyle - 7 very solid and calm

Godinho - 6 had a tough game today. He did ok

Smith - 7 solid

Dikamona - 8

Berra - 8 headed and blocked everything Hibs threw at them

Garuccio - 7 ye he put his foot in and did well going forward too

Haring - 8 some player. One of the best centre mids I've seen play for us.

Lee - 7 lovely goal and I was impressed with his passing, he often put his foot on the ball and looked for a pass instead of hoofing it

Djoum - 8 won most of the second balls in midfield

Naismith - 8 clever clever performance. Always on his toes

Clare - 7 seems to be improving each week. 

Subs

Bozanic - 6 game changed last ten minutes, he didn't see much of the ball. But he was calm and precise with his passing

Mulraney - 5 chased and harried well

Agree with above poster. Levein got the tactics totally right

Edited by rudi must stay

nathan brittles

Could the editor please disallow headings like this.We are bigger than this.Please accept that allowing use of pathetic language demeans all of us.

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, nathan brittles said:

Could the editor please disallow headings like this.We are bigger than this.Please accept that allowing use of pathetic language demeans all of us.

:laugh:

FTH.

20 minutes ago, nathan brittles said:

GTF!

Geoff the Mince
27 minutes ago, nathan brittles said:

Aaaaaargh !!

Doyle 8 magnificent save

dikamona 8 solid, played through pain barrier

smith 8 strolled it

berra 9 headered everything. Kept kamberi quiet. Massive for us

godinho 6 worked hard but definitely comes across as weak link

garrucio 8 solid and composed 

lee 8 quality strike!

djoum 8 continues to be a big player for

us

Haring 8. Outstanding. Everywhere. If he had stayed on would have been a 9

clare 7 getting there. Shame he couldn’t take one of his chances, excellent running and work rate

naismith 8 what a difference he makes to us. His work rate, hold up play and his presence on the park is key for us. Brings the best out of others 

Very much go along with the OP.

The only player I thought struggled was Godinho.  In the first half he marked Makie far too closely and as a result got skinned for pace.  In the second half he marked the right back zone and then found it easier to block Makie running towards him. Did well in the end.

Doyle - 7 Great save from Whittaker but loses a mark for the fumble at the end

Clevid - 9 Jambo Soldier couldn’t be a more accurate term, new contract offer needed

Smith - 7 Didn’t give them any joy

Berra - 7 Solid as ever, headed everything away

Godinho - 6 Did ok in a difficult game

Djoum - 8.5 His best derby. I’ll be gutted if he goes, he’s back to his best

Haring - 9.5 MOTM had the whole hibs midfield in his back pocket WHILE PLAYING WITH A HERNIA. Go get your op you’ve absolutely earned it

Lee - 8 What. A. Goal. Will be singing his song all winter break after that

Garruccio - 7 IMO he’s cemented his place tonight. Great effort tracking back and pressing them in the middle. FK was a shocker though

Naismith- 8 Chased every loose ball and was an absolute nuisance 

Clare - 7 His best game, offers more than MacLean IMO. Should have been a pen.

Subs

Boz - 5 Didn’t do much wrong but didn’t exactly grab the game by the scruff of the neck either

Mulraney - 3 nearly gave away a pen. Pressed well but no time to do anything 

54 minutes ago, nathan brittles said:

Enjoy that one tonight? :leveinnaturalorder:

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Anyway....

Subs:

I don’t get this got the tactics the game was. Decided by a piece of brilliance which could just as easily been Hibs 

The majority of our posters are pea brains that will say everything is wonderful with the right result and vice versa the opposite 

Well pleased with the result but stick with my guns Levein is not the answer tactis are crap 

We should be destroying them don’t get carried away with a lucky win look at the stats 

have to say, Berra, Naismith put in brilliant performance when both are clearly not back to 100% fitness levels. Special mention also for Dikamona and Haring for superb performances when again both are not 100% fit. Heard Lennon on the radio after the game moaning about the number of Hibs players who keep crying off for next to nothing. Well done the Jambo warriors 

1 minute ago, NB GIN said:

I don’t get this got the tactics the game was. Decided by a piece of brilliance which could just as easily been Hibs 

The majority of our posters are pea brains that will say everything is wonderful with the right result and vice versa the opposite 

Well pleased with the result but stick with my guns Levein is not the answer tactis are crap 

We should be destroying them don’t get carried away with a lucky win look at the stats 

thought he got his tactics spot on tonight

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, NB GIN said:

Lucky win! :wtfvlad:

We were bossing the game until Haring went off, dominant in the middle of the park. The vermin only got a foothold in the game after that at a time when we could easily have extended our lead. Their only attacking threat was long hopeful diagonal balls and picking up a second ball on the edge of the box, like the Whittaker effort.

1 hour ago, nathan brittles said:

get it up ye!

7 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

We beat Hibs on their own patch and this guy is :seething:

:levein_interesting:

Captain Sausage
8 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Tears. So salty. 

10 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Back to .net with you

Any Hearts fan looking for faults in that hard fought battle and victory can go and fling shite at the moon as far as I’m concerned . Everyone on that park wearing maroon and white did their job , management are included in that too . Enjoy the victory ffs 

16 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Yet they understand enough to take enjoyment from a rare away derby win. Intelligence is a funny thing eh?

7 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

We beat Hibs on their own patch and this guy is :seething:

:levein_interesting:

I am well pleased with the result trust me but I can see the bigger picture which the majority on here can’t 

Good result but look at the stats we defo definitely didn’t boss it and it could have went either way 

If we lost most would have criticised tactics why was Morrison not playing etc

Applaud rhe result but but have a look at yourself in the mirror the majority that were criticising last week 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, NB GIN said:

I am well pleased with the result trust me but I can see the bigger picture which the majority on here can’t 

Good result but look at the stats we defo definitely didn’t boss it and it could have went either way 

Applaud rhe result but but have a look at yourself in the mirror the majority that were criticising last week 

Stats! Dear oh dear. Football doesn't lend itself to stats. Things like possession percentages are misleading bollocks when you don't do anything with it.

Captain Bubblebeard

Haring MOTM 9

Dikamona, Berra, Smith 8

Others 7

Great battling performance that we deservedly won. Excited to contemplate a fitter Berra, Naismith and Haring with Uche, Souttar and Vanecek to add to the mix.

Doyle 7

Godinho 6

Dikamona 9.5

Berra 9

Smith 8.5

Garrucio 8.5

Lee 9

Haring 9

Djoum 8.5

Clare 7.5

Naismith 8

We were ****ing excellent! 

letsalldothebeattie

Doyle - 8 that save alone

Godinho - 7 solid

Smith - 9 excellent

Dikamona - 8 solid

Berra - 8 mr reliable

Garuccio - 8 excellent

Lee - 8 overall 10 for that goal

Djoum - 9 brilliant

Haring - 9 excellent lost a bit when he went off

Clare - 7 showed glimpses then nothing in same strides

Naisy - 7 difficult shift but worked hard

Bozanic - 6 done ok

Mulraney - not enough time

Craig Levein - 10 

27 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

h6E2D82A9

Edited by To Be Frank

Captain Canada

Doyle - 8 

Berra - 7 

Smith - 7

Dikamona - 9

Godinho - 6

Garuccio - 7

Lee - 6 

Haring - 8 

Djoum - 7

Clare - 7 

Naismith - 7 

Bozanic - 5 

Mulraney - 3 

46 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

We pressed them from the start. We never gave them any time in midfield. We harried, chased, played deep then went forward intelligently. 

We dictated play and restricted hibs big time and we never really looked in big trouble. Haring going off gave hibs more of the ball but we were still pretty comfortable. 

That’s because of having spot on tactics from the manager whose instructions the players carried out to a man. Our shape was magnificent which meant every hoof into the box from hibs was easily dealt with. 

Tactics, tactics, tactics. 

spot on

2 hours ago, nathan brittles said:

This

Agree with the ratings, but the language of the OP betrays a shameful ignorance. 

Could be he’s only 14, but with his post count, I kind of doubt it ?

Nineteenthofmay

Michael Smith. Played right back, right wing back, centre half in a 2 and now sweeper in a back 3 this season, and is a 7/10 or better everytime. What a player to have.

2 hours ago, NB GIN said:

majority of posters know a pea brain fth

Doyle - 8 Couple of fantastic saves.

Dikamona - 9 Jambo solider. His best display for us.

Smith - 8 Smoked a cigar for 90 minutes.

Berra - 8 Absolutely dominated Kamberi.

Godinho - 7 Defended well.

Lee - 8 Fantastic strike and played well further forward.

Haring - 9 Love him to bits.

Djoum - 9 Pipped Haring and Dikamona for motm I thought. He was everywhere.

Garuccio - 8 A proper left back.

Clare - 7 Best I’ve seen him. Worked hard and should have had a penalty.

Naismith - 8 Such a great influence. Constantly barking at folk.

Bozanic - 6

Mulraney - 5

On 29/12/2018 at 21:55, NB GIN said:

What Hibs players were better than Hearts? 

I won't bother giving ratings for everyone. They all played their part.

I would like to give Clare some extra credit though. He seems to get plenty stick on here but against hibs he played his role perfectly. He was asked to drop deep and make sure we controlled the middle of the park and he did exactly that. I think, for the job he was asked to do, this was his best game for us so far.

Also I can taste the tears from some previous posters on here.

It's like nectar. :pleasing: 

FTH

Clare and Godinho were the weakest links, Naisy put Clare in twice and he didn't even threaten to score. Haring should probably get a 10 as he was absolutely immense, was gutted to see him go off and you could see we missed him as they started to get back in to the game.