1874 bar

daveyhmfc

2 minutes ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

This is to get and watch an an away match, aye?  I'm coming up from Sheffield this weekend and got a ticket for the St Mirren game.  I assume I'll not have to show a ticket to get in the bar.  Is that right (not been before and I'm awfy auld - bear with me).

Need to show your match ticket to get into the Bar for home games.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Alex Kintner

• 3fingersreid

• Clerry Jambo

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
3 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Need to show your match ticket to get into the Bar for home games.

Thanks. 

On 18/02/2019 at 17:06, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

This, in general. Although, I’d have more screens, and when there isn’t a live game on, or on a weekend when there’s no Hearts match, I’d have Hearts DVDs on a loop: 90 goals v Hibs, Destruction Derby, High Five, 1998 Cup Winners, Back from the Brink, Hearts the Celebration etc, etc... who doesn’t want to watch great moments from the past when there’s no live games on?

Tables are for empties. ?

Thats what I thought too. It reminds me of the old Camry Sample Rooms before they gentrified it. Big cavernous space with a few wee things to lean on. Long bar and decent capacity.

Brilliant shout having Hearts DVDs on when no other games on ??

6 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

What type of beers / ciders do they have on tap in the bar?

Moretti

Amstell

Coast to Coast IPA

Guiness

Dark Fruit

1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

Moretti

Amstell

Coast to Coast IPA

Guiness

Dark Fruit

They probably got the Coast to Coast in due to me moaning on the previous thread...perhaps. ?

13 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Moretti

Amstell

Coast to Coast IPA

Guiness

Dark Fruit

And decent prices.

I always metaphorically have to rub my eyes when I see the bar and where we have come from.

7 minutes ago, jake said:

And decent prices.

I always metaphorically have to rub my eyes when I see the bar and where we have come from.

Exactly.

An incredible achievement.

13 hours ago, davemclaren said:

They probably got the Coast to Coast in due to me moaning on the previous thread...perhaps. ?

You deserve a pat on the back then mate. ?? The Coast to Coast is lovely while the previous 80 shilling was bowfing

1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

You deserve a pat on the back then mate. ?? The Coast to Coast is lovely while the previous 80 shilling was bowfing

Agreed. ?

Pasquale for King
15 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Or it’s just that Caley 80/- is crap and they replaced it with another Heineken product ??

Can we please introduce a no standing at the bar after being served , missed last orders cause I couldn’t get near it at closing time ??

1 minute ago, 3fingersreid said:

Can we please introduce a no standing at the bar after being served , missed last orders cause I couldn’t get near it at closing time ??

Probably a good rule for most pubs tbh. Diggers is awful for having to squeeze through groups of folk.

On 23/02/2019 at 15:57, 3fingersreid said:

Doesn’t help when there’s nowhere to put your drink down but it is frustrating 

Nice to see it busy tho 

Yeah, some shelves around the wall would be good. 

On 23/02/2019 at 15:57, 3fingersreid said:

Doesn’t help when there’s nowhere to put your drink down but it is frustrating 

Nice to see it busy tho 

Agreed. They need to put shelves on the wall and bring in some more tables.

20 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Where is the 1874 bar located. Got tickets in it for the cup again. Cheers. 

Its beside the Hearts Shop and Ticket office in the new stand.

32 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Agreed. They need to put shelves on the wall and bring in some more tables.

Its beside the Hearts Shop and Ticket office in the new stand.

Cheers mate

• 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...
On 19/02/2019 at 21:12, Alex Kintner said:

Moretti

Amstell

Coast to Coast IPA

Guiness

Dark Fruit

Is this still the selection? What are the prices like these days?

Still not been in since it opened!

5 minutes ago, Darren said:

Yes, the Guinness isn’t draft though. 

2 hours ago, Darren said:

£5.20 for a Moretti & a Coast to Coast last Thursday night! First time I’ve been in, great value for money!

11 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

£5.20 for a Moretti & a Coast to Coast last Thursday night! First time I’ve been in, great value for money!

Considering a pint of Moretti in £5.50 🤔 also now that the brewery is closing they will have to get something else other than coast to coast and Deuchers 😢 

3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Yes, the Guinness isn’t draft though. 

It makes sense as with it only really being open once/twice a week the Guinness would go off 👍🏻

20 minutes ago, tynietigers said:

It makes sense as with it only really being open once/twice a week the Guinness would go off 👍🏻

Exactly. Guinness out of a tin with one of those vibrating machines isn’t all that bad though. 

31 minutes ago, tynietigers said:

Considering a pint of Moretti in £5.50 🤔 also now that the brewery is closing they will have to get something else other than coast to coast and Deuchers 😢 

Apologies you are correct my transaction (just checked) for the beer was £5.50 … but that was for two pints!!

I did ask the guy next to me what the prices were because I thought it was cheap (I genuinely didn’t know) it was then that I realised I’d obviously been undercharged … 6 deep at bar so pointless going back … I’ll rectify next time I’m in!

PS As my train was over an hour late in arriving I’m getting a full £58 refund!! Softens the blow of the result!

PPS I got the 11:40pm sleeper back south … never again .. I should get a refund on that as well …. didn’t sleep a wink ..

Edited by Jambo-Fox

2 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

If I go to the 1874 bar on Thursday am I watching in the bar or in the stadium on the big screens.

Asking for a friend 😊

In the bar. 

1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

PS As my train was over an hour late in arriving I’m getting a full £58 refund!! Softens the blow of the result!

PPS I got the 11:40pm sleeper back south … never again .. I should get a refund on that as well …. didn’t sleep a wink ..

I always wanted to get the sleeper down to London, so I got work to pay for it one time instead of flights.  It was absolutely rotten, the room was suspect to how well it had been cleaned (or if it had been done at all), and the noise was unbearable.  My bed must have been right over the wheels, and it was torture.  Didn't sleep at all, and had to struggle through work until giving up when I could check into my hotel at 3pm.

Probably would have been better in the lounge area in one of the wee seats after 5 or 6 pints, but I won't be in a rush to do it again.  This was about 3 years ago, so I'm not sure if the new trains are any better, but it sounds like they probably aren't.

36 minutes ago, tian447 said:

I always wanted to get the sleeper down to London, so I got work to pay for it one time instead of flights.  It was absolutely rotten, the room was suspect to how well it had been cleaned (or if it had been done at all), and the noise was unbearable.  My bed must have been right over the wheels, and it was torture.  Didn't sleep at all, and had to struggle through work until giving up when I could check into my hotel at 3pm.

Probably would have been better in the lounge area in one of the wee seats after 5 or 6 pints, but I won't be in a rush to do it again.  This was about 3 years ago, so I'm not sure if the new trains are any better, but it sounds like they probably aren't.

I had a nice seat and if it had been a day time journey it would have been fine … 0-4 defeat was probably a catalyst to feeling miserable!

2 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

i saw that watching on the big screens you'll get a sore neck sitting side on they should have opened the Gorgie Suite

Agreed.  An opportunity missed to open the Gorgie Suite on a first come first served basis.  

12 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Agreed.  An opportunity missed to open the Gorgie Suite on a first come first served basis.  

The 1874 bar holds 250 and the Gorgie with tables and seats hold 350 so it’s a no brained to just open the bar 👍🏻

18 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Exactly. Guinness out of a tin with one of those vibrating machines isn’t all that bad though. 

...do you not spill the Guinness?

:oohmatron:

6 hours ago, tynietigers said:

The 1874 bar holds 250 and the Gorgie with tables and seats hold 350 so it’s a no brained to just open the bar 👍🏻

Fair enough.  I didn't appreciate they were fairly close in capacity.  

• 1 month later...

Going for a munch on Sat night in the Skyline. 

1. Will the 1874 bar be open?

2. Can I get my two 16yr old girls in?

3. Thanks Jambos.  FTH

2 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Going for a munch on Sat night in the Skyline. 

1. Will the 1874 bar be open?

2. Can I get my two 16yr old girls in?

3. Thanks Jambos.  FTH

No, Yes, Yes