Hive

Pans Jambo

Got Hive fitted last week for the heating. Quite like not having get my arse off the couch to turn the heating up/down or on/off by controlling it from my iPhone on the Hive app. 

How do you switch it on when you are away from the house? So you can heat the house on the way home (say 20 mins away from the door)?

dalkeithjambo

On the App, if you go to Manage/devices & groups/ your thermostat/geolocation. You can set up the Home and away trigger distances and temperatures.

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

How much does it cost per month to use hive?  Is it cost effective?

Doesnt cost anything. Just the price to get it installed. I got British Gas to fit mine for £200 all in. 

Edited by Pans Jambo

Got mine installed yesterday...still playing with the app to work it out.

£124.50 all in on the BG rewards programme to get it fitted....and thats with an amazon echo dot thrown in........:)

Like you, trying to figure out the geo stuff now

10 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Cheers lads. Still unsure of what it means though:

E96CCC31-716D-4E18-AAAC-A033FB09CE91.png

Its just asking what distance it wants you to be from your house to turn down and what distance when returning to turn back up

12 minutes ago, frankblack said:

How much does it cost per month to use hive?  Is it cost effective?

You can pay it up over a year or make a one off payment. Will save you money if you turn your heating off when you’re out, but mainly it’s a really user friendly way of operating your heating, with the options of controlling plugs, lights or cameras as an extra

5 minutes ago, SectionG said:

Its just asking what distance it wants you to be from your house to turn down and what distance when returning to turn back up

Ahh I see. I’m just looking to flick it on when I want on the way home. Or if I’m sitting in the Thorntree supping a pint before I wander up the road. Can it do that?

Edited by Pans Jambo

3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Ahh I see. I’m just looking to flick it on when I want on the way home. Or if I’m sitting in the Thorntree supping a pint before I wander up the road. Can it do that?

Yes just use the boost function wee circle icon below the displayed temperature, can boost from 30mins to 6hrs at anytime from anywhere.

4 minutes ago, moz said:

Anyone got the CCTV on it, quality any good?

Outdoor camera’s are just out, I’m hopefully going to get some, but not sure how quickly I’ll get round to fitting them, always have so many plans for own house and never get round to it after working all day in others homes

31 minutes ago, SectionG said:

Yes just use the boost function wee circle icon below the displayed temperature, can boost from 30mins to 6hrs at anytime from anywhere.

?

36 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Was hoping for an update to the old thread of utter monsters in a late night Edinburgh establishment.

Glad i wasn't the only one that thought this ?

55 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Was hoping for an update to the old thread of utter monsters in a late night Edinburgh establishment.

This

1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

So not a thread fir this then?

FB_IMG_1545320117906.jpg

Thats what I expected. Especially with “Til 5” on the go. 

DIsappointed.

A “creatures of Hive” is the only true competition to miss West Lothian threads. 

2 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Doesnt cost anything. Just the price to get it installed. I got British Gas to fit mine for £200 all in. 

1 hour ago, SectionG said:

You can pay it up over a year or make a one off payment. Will save you money if you turn your heating off when you’re out, but mainly it’s a really user friendly way of operating your heating, with the options of controlling plugs, lights or cameras as an extra

Cheers.  For some reason I thought there was a monthly charge of at least £5.

dalkeithjambo
2 hours ago, frankblack said:

Cheers.  For some reason I thought there was a monthly charge of at least £5.

No charge other that what it costs buy and install. There are a few other brands of Smart control for your heating and hot water. Nest for me is the best one followed by Hive (which I have), then there’s Tado and Netatmo (which for me was the least favourite).

ive installed all of these onto varying types of Heating and Hot water systems.

there are the other branded version nowadays from Worcester and ideal boilers etc as well as Honeywell and Drayton so no shortage of choice should you decide to get one installed.

Dean Winchester
3 hours ago, gjcc said:

Thats what I expected. Especially with “Til 5” on the go. 

DIsappointed.

A “creatures of Hive” is the only true competition to miss West Lothian threads. 

There was one. Not sure if it was in the members forum before that got closed off :lol: 

9 minutes ago, Dean Winchester said:

There was one. Not sure if it was in the members forum before that got closed off :lol: 

I think there’s more than one. 

“Hive Chronicles” rings a bell, I seem to remember an argument due to folk recognising someone.  I doubt the pics will still be viewable after a good few years. Maybe time for a new one. 

Edit: I had a look, the argument didn’t come to much. And pics aren’t viewable.