Labour

jake

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

He's back. And I think he's about to make a move .

About time.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• maroonlegions

• ri Alban

• Governor Tarkin

• doctor jambo

29 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

About time.

Labour needs him now and so does the UK. Hopefully he can just the militants of the shadow cabinet,  the membership could be a problem, but I could be wrong. I'd vote for Labour at WM with him as leader. No problem!

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

He's back. And I think he's about to make a move .

Well if he becomes leader, that should stave off the anti Semitic accusations within the  party.

Anybody found any evidence of anti-Semitism yet ?

doctor jambo
2 hours ago, felix said:

Well if he becomes leader, that should stave off the anti Semitic accusations within the  party.

Anybody found any evidence of anti-Semitism yet ?

The difficulty Labour have found themselves in is that they have found themselves supported by large numbers of Muslims.

As evidenced by the bonkers school protests re LGBTQ outside some schools and the local MP being unable to condemn them as he  needs that particular voter group to hold onto his job.

The middle east religious mess - Palestine and general jew-hating that goes on has spilled over here to an extent and labour are afraid to upset their Muslim voter base.

Corbyn embroiled himself in a similar mess with his support for Hamas etc-  a superficial glance at his associates indicates he is of a similar thoughts process to some voters who are not only anti-Zionist, but ALSO ant-semites, whereas I suspect he is only the former.

Fly with the crows......

8 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Time David Milliband stood up to be counted. 

It will need more far more than that.

Did you see Louise Haigh on question time ?

If by some miracle Labour took office she would be the minister for policing.

Frightening .

4 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

The difficulty Labour have found themselves in is that they have found themselves supported by large numbers of Muslims.

As evidenced by the bonkers school protests re LGBTQ outside some schools and the local MP being unable to condemn them as he  needs that particular voter group to hold onto his job.

The middle east religious mess - Palestine and general jew-hating that goes on has spilled over here to an extent and labour are afraid to upset their Muslim voter base.

Corbyn embroiled himself in a similar mess with his support for Hamas etc-  a superficial glance at his associates indicates he is of a similar thoughts process to some voters who are not only anti-Zionist, but ALSO ant-semites, whereas I suspect he is only the former.

Fly with the crows...…

True, but still keen  to witness any direct evidence of anti-Semitism (as defined by the IHRA) in the party.

Recent governments including Blair's, tend to be pro Israel, not pro Palestine. The Israeli lobby in the UK have an influence disproportionate to their numbers, which is why  Corbyn won't be elected but David Miliband could be.

On 05/07/2019 at 15:29, felix said:

True, but still keen  to witness any direct evidence of anti-Semitism (as defined by the IHRA) in the party.

Recent governments including Blair's, tend to be pro Israel, not pro Palestine. The Israeli lobby in the UK have an influence disproportionate to their numbers, which is why  Corbyn won't be elected but David Miliband could be.

There is none but the Zionists hate the fact that Labour supports the Palestinians so we have this constant stream of garbage. Meanwhile the Islamaphobes in the Tories and the media are allowed free reign

maroonlegions
On 02/05/2019 at 09:25, Justin Z said:

Since I think Corbyn is an utterly clueless ****wit, and Labour are a dumpster fire, the entire premise of your response is pretty much irrelevant.

What is relevant is that you tried to corner Boris by making up an analogy that bears zero relation to what Corbyn has done, and you got seen clean through. Admit the dishonesty of your premise and move on, instead of doubling down with this garbage.

Look no further than the Tory mouthpiece , spin and manipulation machine that is the non partial BBC.From the day Corbyn was elected Labour leader they started a vicious smear campaign against him, only now its being seen for what it really is,  a concoction of lies that is built on utter desperation  and  a fear of him.

How much credibility will the BBC have left after this fiasco?

Edited by maroonlegions

I don't trust Labour. 

I don't trust the Tories.

And I don't trust the BBC. 

Think the whole lot of them are part of the corrupt establishment. 

I've always held the belief that they couldn't run a bath... Brexit has confirmed that. 

Anytime you scratch the surface of any these Westminster parties, for any reason, it turns into an infected wound. 

But it will pass and they will go on to scratch something else. 

If there was a general election tomorrow. I actually think the Brexit party would win, despite having nothing to offer but a No deal Brexit. 

8 hours ago, jumpship said:

I don't trust Labour. 

I don't trust the Tories.

And I don't trust the BBC. 

Think the whole lot of them are part of the corrupt establishment. 

I've always held the belief that they couldn't run a bath... Brexit has confirmed that. 

Anytime you scratch the surface of any these Westminster parties, for any reason, it turns into an infected wound. 

But it will pass and they will go on to scratch something else. 

If there was a general election tomorrow. I actually think the Brexit party would win, despite having nothing to offer but a No deal Brexit. 

The brexit party would win, but the SNP would also win and trigger a UDI.

maroonlegions

The greedy, in it for myself , self serving Tories will be hating this. 👌

I mean  all those Tory MPS, and some Red tories ,within the right of the Labour party , who VOTED to veto a Labour amendment to the private sector of rental properties, that would make it illegal for landlords to rent property ,UNFIT for human habitation .

66368487_1022557757948029_383015880558116864_o.jpg

maroonlegions
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

The brexit party would win, but the SNP would also win and trigger a UDI.

A no deal brexit will never make it through Parliament, John Major has said it will be LEGALLY challenged.  

Dusk_Till_Dawn
40 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

The greedy, in it for myself , self serving Tories will be hating this. 👌

I mean  all those Tory MPS, and some Red tories ,within the right of the Labour party , who VOTED to veto a Labour amendment to the private sector of rental properties, that would make it illegal for landlords to rent property ,UNFIT for human habitation .

66368487_1022557757948029_383015880558116864_o.jpg

Aye, that’s been the hot topic of the past 24 hours

1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

A no deal brexit will never make it through Parliament, John Major has said it will be LEGALLY challenged.  

I think what he is talking about is if the clowns in Westminster can't sort a deal out... 

Can you imagine how crazy things would become if another referendum gave the Brexit party a clear win and they demanded no deal Brexit but those in Westminster said no?

Mass disorder.. anyone else seen a few Apache helicopters flying over Edinburgh lately? 

maroonlegions
18 hours ago, jumpship said:

I think what he is talking about is if the clowns in Westminster can't sort a deal out... 

Can you imagine how crazy things would become if another referendum gave the Brexit party a clear win and they demanded no deal Brexit but those in Westminster said no?

Mass disorder.. anyone else seen a few Apache helicopters flying over Edinburgh lately? 

Politics is about risks , so its a chance worth taking.

You seem angry about people having a second say on a deal that they never voted for in its form just now.

doctor jambo
20 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

JOhn Major, greedy self serving Tory that he is

SwindonJambo

Politics is about risks , so its a chance worth taking.

You seem angry about people having a second say on a deal that they never voted for in its form just now.

It doesn't tell the whole story.  Here are the figures : LAB 29% (+3), CON 23% (-1), BXP 20% (nc), LD 19% (nc), SNP 4% (+1), GRN 3% (-2), OTH 2% (-1)

While you're correct that Labour got the biggest individual share of the poll, it's still less than 1/3 of the total. Nowhere near enough to win an election.  The election result would be a mess if that was replicated nationally.  If Labour had the guts to bin Corbyn, replace him with someone nearer the centre like Starmer or Cooper and boot that Momentum mob into the outer stratosphere, I think they'd come close to winning the next election outright.

But that hasn't happened yet so if this poll was reflected in a GE, I can't see any 2 of the 4 big players working together well in a coalition without falling out pretty quickly unless they were willing to bite their tongues and make major concessions with one another. The SNP are likely to win many seats because their support is concentrated in one place but I 'd think the 4 big national UK parties would be reluctant to work with them because all 4 support the Union.  What a mess it's going to be.  Politics is rapidly fragmenting and if it remains quite so fragmented for an extended period, it may be time to finally bin FPTP, which only delivers a decisive and broadly fair result whenever there are 2 major parties dwarfing the rest, which currently isn't the case. In Scotland, where the SNP are by far the biggest party, they still get less than 50% of the vote but are likely to win more than 50% of the seats because the oppo is spread across several parties. Strange times.

1 hour ago, SwindonJambo said:

It doesn't tell the whole story.  Here are the figures : LAB 29% (+3), CON 23% (-1), BXP 20% (nc), LD 19% (nc), SNP 4% (+1), GRN 3% (-2), OTH 2% (-1)

While you're correct that Labour got the biggest individual share of the poll, it's still less than 1/3 of the total. Nowhere near enough to win an election.  The election result would be a mess if that was replicated nationally.  If Labour had the guts to bin Corbyn, replace him with someone nearer the centre like Starmer or Cooper and boot that Momentum mob into the outer stratosphere, I think they'd come close to winning the next election outright.

But that hasn't happened yet so if this poll was reflected in a GE, I can't see any 2 of the 4 big players working together well in a coalition without falling out pretty quickly unless they were willing to bite their tongues and make major concessions with one another. The SNP are likely to win many seats because their support is concentrated in one place but I 'd think the 4 big national UK parties would be reluctant to work with them because all 4 support the Union.  What a mess it's going to be.  Politics is rapidly fragmenting and if it remains quite so fragmented for an extended period, it may be time to finally bin FPTP, which only delivers a decisive and broadly fair result whenever there are 2 major parties dwarfing the rest, which currently isn't the case. In Scotland, where the SNP are by far the biggest party, they still get less than 50% of the vote but are likely to win more than 50% of the seats because the oppo is spread across several parties. Strange times.

SNP likely to claim all seats in Scotland.

UDI :jambobanana:

maroonlegions
On 12/07/2019 at 18:02, SwindonJambo said:

FFS, still a SIX POINT LEAD. 

Your above drivel does not CHANGE that, desperation yes.

maroonlegions
Image may contain: one or more people and people standing

Never see a Tory doing that.Imagine Bojo the clown, Boris , pictured doing that, yes i know you cant.

This is the fecking difference  judge someone on their actions  and not there words.

Edited by maroonlegions

SwindonJambo

Never see a Tory doing that.Imagine Bojo the clown, Boris , pictured doing that, yes i know you cant.

This is the fecking difference  judge someone on their actions  and not there words.

I will and do. I happen to think they're BOTH idiots and I despise them both for different reasons. I dread the very idea of either being in power.

You cannot possibly form a government with 29% of the vote and have any credibility at all. He would need a large coalition partner and to make major policy concessions. No one will touch him except the Lib Dems and that's a very big maybe. It would be the shoogliest coalition ever.

A small bunch of boy scouts, who cannot yet vote is not enough.

5 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

I will and do. I happen to think they're BOTH idiots and I despise them both for different reasons. I dread the very idea of either being in power.

You cannot possibly form a government with 29% of the vote and have any credibility at all. He would need a large coalition partner and to make major policy concessions. No one will touch him except the Lib Dems and that's a very big maybe. It would be the shoogliest coalition ever.

A small bunch of boy scouts, who cannot yet vote is not enough.

Maybe a coalition of everyone except the Tories and the DUP is what this supposed coalition of countries needs.

John Findlay

Some of us are old enough to have been around when the Lib-Lab pact of 70s was ruining the country.

49 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Some of us are old enough to have been around when the Lib-Lab pact of 70s was ruining the country.

49 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

As opposed to Thatcher burning Scotland. 👍

John Findlay
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

As opposed to Thatcher burning Scotland. 👍

Scotland is still here I live here.

2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Scotland is still here I live here.

Aye, because of the saviours arrived. Long live the SNP!

Edited by ri Alban

John Findlay
Just now, ri Alban said:

Aye, because of the saviours, arrived. Long live the SNP!

Yes  Thatcher resigned 1990. SNP won Holyrood in 2007. Took their time😂😂😂

3 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Yes  Thatcher resigned 1990. SNP won Holyrood in 2007. Took their time😂😂😂

Like a fine wine.

I just watched the hatchet job by Panorama on behalf of the Tory party. Will they do an anti Islam investigation into the Tories.

Edited by ri Alban

20 minutes ago, JAYEL said:

Labour’s own goals over Brexit and anti Semitism have finished them

😎

You're completely wrong............. maroonlegions will save the party with his memes on a football form, the Labour Party is in safe hands😅

SwindonJambo
1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

You're completely wrong............. maroonlegions will save the party with his memes on a football form, the Labour Party is in safe hands😅

It’s absolutely relentless. I bet he’s off digging  up some more to splash across all of the political threads here. I know people who repeat the same spiel over and over on faecesbook online newspaper columns ad nauseum and it’s unlikely to persuade one single person to change their voting plans, quite the reverse. All it usually does is entrench their target audience  further. You catch a lot more bees with honey than vinegar. We all have our views and we’re all entitled to them.  We live in a free speech democracy with secret ballots and TFFT. 

5 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

It’s absolutely relentless. I bet he’s off digging  up some more to splash across all of the political threads here. I know people who repeat the same spiel over and over on faecesbook online newspaper columns ad nauseum and it’s unlikely to persuade one single person to change their voting plans, quite the reverse. All it usually does is entrench their target audience  further. You catch a lot more bees with honey than vinegar. We all have our views and we’re all entitled to them.  We live in a free speech democracy with secret ballots and TFFT. 

👍

13 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Ooops 🤪

8 hours ago, JAYEL said:

Labour’s own goals over Brexit and anti Semitism have finished them

😎

David Milliband will save labour. 

8 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

We don't live in a free speech democracy.

Governor Tarkin
7 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

David Milliband will save labour. 

Yes he will. 

6 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

We don't live in a free speech democracy.

You're a ****. 

How's that for free speech, buster?

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Yes he will. 

You're a ****. 

Oh shucks, I'm a star. Well thank you.

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Oh shucks, I'm a star. Well thank you.

You're welcome, Ausseh, mate. 👍

7 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Yes he will. 

You're a ****. 

Watching Louis and that American Family. Something tells me we wouldn't get away with that on here or out there. :D What a bunch.

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Watching Louis and that American Family. Something tells me we wouldn't get away with that on here or out there. :D What a bunch.

I'm at the airport drinking heavily so no telly for me.

Louis is a good lad though.

4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

You're welcome, Ausseh, mate. 👍

:insufferable:

:sarcasm:

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I'm at the airport drinking heavily so no telly for me.

Louis is a good lad though.

I'm on the plane at 8. I'm no going anywhere, just taking an eighth of an inch of the living room door.

Are you going somewhere nice, GT?(Work or Holidays)

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I'm on the plane at 8. I'm no going anywhere, just taking an eighth of an inch of the living room door.

Are you going somewhere nice, GT?(Work or Holidays)

You've used that one on here before. Still a goodie though. :lol:

Off to work. Five or six weeks off the coast of South America. My wee boy was sleeping soundly in his cot when I left. Broke my heart. Dousing my woe with over-priced pints. Planning on tanning a fair chunk of my BA avios points on Bloody Marys on the short hop to Gatwick. I'll sleep it off somewhere over the Atlantic.

Good luck with the livingroom door. :thumbsup:

12 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

You've used that one on here before. Still a goodie though. :lol:

Off to work. Five or six weeks off the coast of South America. My wee boy was sleeping soundly in his cot when I left. Broke my heart. Dousing my woe with over-priced pints. Planning on tanning a fair chunk of my BA avios points on Bloody Marys on the short hop to Gatwick. I'll sleep it off somewhere over the Atlantic.

Good luck with the livingroom door. :thumbsup:

Must've been pished, but one day that door will shut.

All the best, bud. 👍 (Especially with the bloody awfuls ©RikMayal) 

Technology is great, so you'll be home while not being home. Anytime you want. It'll cost you a fortune, tho'. :D

Edited by ri Alban

On 13/07/2019 at 20:18, maroonlegions said:

You should indeed judge him by his actions 👍

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jeremy-corbyn-labour-shadow-cabinet-thangam-debbonaire-cancer-a7141341.html

5 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

****ing right, but in Corbyn's case I think this is incompetence rather than being a *****. He should never have been promoted beyond the back benches (if that). I've said this on here before but I'm sick to death of hearing people bumping their gums about the impact of cuts on the elderly, as an example, when their own mother's live round the corner from them and are sitting in their own pish. An individuals political or religious beliefs don't seem to be an indicator of whether they're selfish, uncaring *******s or not. 

https://order-order.com/2019/07/17/labour-peers-declare-corbyns-party-not-safe-jews-full-page-guardian-ad/

The Mighty Thor

Its actually transcending farce with this mob now.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in central office.