Worst player you've seen in a Hearts jersey?

H.A.N.S

Here's the worst dross I've watched in the last 17 years at Tynie....

1. NEILSON

2. KLIMEK

3. STRACENY

4. JENKINSON

5. TWADDLE

6. LOCKE (post injury)

7. NEIL McCANN (2nd time round)

8. AUSTIN McCANN

9. BRIAN HAMILTON

10. PAUL SMITH

11. MIKO (95% of the time)

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Robbos Right Peg

Archie White (well named) by a country mile. And if anyone could tell me what he is doing now I would be delighted.

Has to be a toss up between Archie White, Pat McShane or Crawford Boyd.

All simply dreadful.

Frankenstein Jambo.

Thomas Grondland: Think thats his name....... worst player to ever where the famous jersey

Dirk Diggler
Thomas Grondland: Think thats his name....... worst player to ever where the famous jersey

Yer baws.

Nowhere near the worst:confused:

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

He scored the winner in a 1-0 win against Leith Vermin FC so that makes him an all time Hearts hero.

Agreed! :)

IMO,

Klimek

Beniusis

Ivaskevicius

Zaliukas

Kurskis

Neilson

McAllister

Sharples

Kirkwood

Ouefio

Jenkinson

Twaddle

James

Petric

Hamilton (Brian)

Holmes (Derek)

McManus

If I had to settle for one of those it would probably be Beniusis.

As for DH and his Piliabitis shout, I never seen him play, aren't I lucky! :)

Drylaw Hearts
Agreed! :)

IMO,

Klimek

Beniusis

Ivaskevicius

Zaliukas

Kurskis

Neilson

McAllister

Sharples

Kirkwood

Ouefio

Jenkinson

Twaddle

James

Petric

Hamilton (Brian)

Holmes (Derek)

McManus

If I had to settle for one of those it would probably be Beniusis.

As for DH and his Piliabitis shout, I never seen him play, aren't I lucky! :)

You are lucky.

Anyway.....

Sharples !!!

I can only remember seeing him once - in a friendly at Raith.

He was nearly as bad as another Jordan signing - Gary Williams !!

shaun.lawson
Having the rheptile slither over to sellik or the hobos is marginally worse than going to any other team, but basically it wouldn't change my opinion one iota. His behaviour was disrespectful, unethical and immoral.[/b]

Sorry this doesn't match up with your view that I am a rabid bigot, but there you go. I'm just an ordinary chap that believes in proper standards of behaviour.

I trust this clarifies matters to your satisfaction. :cool:

Could you explain the above? Here's you, big old Therapist who boasts about the way things used to be when following Hearts, talks about you and "the lads", yet can't take it when an opposing player thumps his chest at the end of a game! Immoral? Unethical? What was unethical was how we treated him, and his chest thumping was aimed at the morons in charge.

Since he left, they have proved ever more that they are morons, Hearts have chronically lacked leadership on the park and our results have grown ever worse, while he went on to pick up two SPL winners medals. Well done him: he didn't let us destroy his career. Please explain to me how it's immoral or unethical to sign for another club after being sacked?

Only you or your very own Mini Me could possibly ignore everything that's happened since, and the utterly bizarre way we have been run as a club, and pin it all on Elvis instead. If the worst ever happened, I swear you both would still be at it while the rest of us got on with trying to piece together the wreckage: it is quite astonishing.

shaun.lawson
Shuan obviously can't grasp the fact, that you and I support Heart of Midlothian FC, and no one else.

He must think that it's normal to have more faces than the town clock :)

Seeing as you only support Heart of Midlothian FC, perhaps you'd like to explain comments you've regularly made that it is not possible for a Hearts fan to hate Celtic more than Rangers, or your regular defence of or turning a blind eye towards the appalling way that Rangers FC and their fans frequently behave?

You are lucky.

Anyway.....

Sharples !!!

I can only remember seeing him once - in a friendly at Raith.

He was nearly as bad as another Jordan signing - Gary Williams !!

That is a new one on me! Do not recall him at all.

Could you explain the above?

The way Presslhey engineered his transfer to ra sellik was immoral and unethical. He then disrespected the fans of Heart of Midlothian FC by his disgusting and unnecessary chest thumping antics. :mad: :mad: :mad:

shaun.lawson
Seeing as you only support Heart of Midlothian FC, perhaps you'd like to explain comments you've regularly made that it is not possible for a Hearts fan to hate Celtic more than Rangers, or your regular defence of or turning a blind eye towards the appalling way that Rangers FC and their fans frequently behave?

Oops! The above should of course read: "perhaps you'd like to explain comments you've regularly made that it is not possible for a Hearts fan to hate Rangers more than Celtic?"

I find it astounding that nobody has mentioned .... Ernie Winchester .... there are plenty on this board that are old enough to remember ..... maybe just wiped his name from their memory. He would not have been out of place in a Laurel and Hardy sketch

Marooned In Oz
Ricardo Fuller won the game that night by winning the penalty.

Pressley was so keen on attracting interest from Celtic, he pulled rank to take the kick :mad:

I'm surprised the slithering arsehole never missed it on purpose, so he could shove it right up the Hearts fans again :mad:

**** off you ****

No further words needed to this embarrassing filth spouted by you and the conveniently named the rapist.

Oxford City
Billy Jardine?????????

Sandy Jardine's real name was William, of course. But maybe it was supposed to be Billy Mackay (or Ian Jardine).

As for Andy Watson - I felt sorry for him sometimes. He always played better away from home when he got less abuse. I bet he (and e.g. Kenny Black who also used to get terrible, and at times unfathomable, abuse) are glad there weren't any message boards around in their day.

H J Simpson
The worst 11 players I've seen in a Hearts Strip

1. Kurskis

2. Barassa

3. Milne

4. Jim Weir

5. Petric

6. Mo Berthe

7. Jeremy Goss

8. Leigh Jenkinson

9. Colin Cramb

10. Hans Nae Skill Son

11. Jeremy Goss

You really didn't like Jeremy Goss!!

To be honest, i know deep down he's probably not THE worst i've seen, but i'm going to pick him anyway - purely for "that" Stuttgart moment. I'll never forget or forgive that one.

Gordon Petric.

Petric - turned back the clock in the 'millenium derby' and played like a neanderthal. And don't even get me started on his miss against Stuttgart, i was at the top of the Gorgie Stand and the ball just missed my head. Big tube.

Pants Shaton
To be honest, i know deep down he's probably not THE worst i've seen, but i'm going to pick him anyway - purely for "that" Stuttgart moment. I'll never forget or forgive that one.

Gordon Petric.

More unforgivable was the incident where he scored for us (can't remember the game) and then cupped his ear to the Hearts fans - truly a fantata of the highest order.

The People's Chimp

it's got to be leigh jenkinson, if only for his abominable display at east end park, which still gives me nightmares.

Wilfred Ouferio.

Buffalo Bill

Thats the fellie !

The rest on this list were consumate pros by comparison,.............except of course the luckless Ruby Murray. Younger JKBers were no doubt spared the pain the rest of us had to endure when the bold Neil wore the jersey.

Oh,...........and Stephane Adam's long lost cousin, ( Le Clerc I think his name was!). Also a disaster !!

As for rubbish players:

D Kirkwood

Thank god someone else thinks he was dreadful - apparently one of those guys who was "amazing in training"...........:rolleyes:

Alex MacDonald

1. Brian Wilson

2. Stuart Gauld

3. Brian McNeil

4. Crawford Boyd

5. Mo Berthe

6. Nerijus Barasa

28. No. 28

8. Tommy Harrison

9. Gary Liddell

10. Beniusis

11. Archie White

12. Kurskis

13. Paul Cherry

14. Leigh Jenkinson

15. Jim Denny

16. Pat McShane

Oh dear.......I'm going for a lie down.......:(

Calum Elliot

Lee Makel

Stephen Simmons

One of the best midfield performances I ever saw from a Hearts player was when we demolished Aberdeen 3-0 at Tynecastle in a midweek match when Makel was on fire.

He had been brought into the side after we had lost 3-1 at Fester Road after being 1-0 up through a darren Jackson piledriver. Makel was immense that night. The sheep just couldn't get the ball off him. I can't really remember the year, but I'm guessing at late 90s/turn of the century.

I know he wasn't everyone's cup of tea, but he at least he could put his foot on the ball and spread the play a bit.

Doesn't deserve to be on the list IMO.

Sandy Jardine's real name was William, of course. But maybe it was supposed to be Billy Mackay (or Ian Jardine).

As for Andy Watson - I felt sorry for him sometimes. He always played better away from home when he got less abuse. I bet he (and e.g. Kenny Black who also used to get terrible, and at times unfathomable, abuse) are glad there weren't any message boards around in their day.

Yeah, I realise that was Sandy Jardine real name, but no-one in their right mind would say he a bad player for Hearts, I think it must have been Billy Mackay he was referring to:confused:

Archived