Worst player you've seen in a Hearts jersey?

H.A.N.S

eddie fenwick
Steven Boyack

Fitzroy Simpson

Nerijus Barasa

Fabien Leclerq

Kestutis Ivaskevicius

Hans Eskilsson

Jeremy Goss

Eduardas Kurskis

Peter van de Ven

Marius Kizyis

Kevin Twaddle

Ricardas Beniuseless

Arkadiusz Klimek

a bit harsh on twaddle,most of his time at hearts he was injured and remember in the phil stamp game it was only when he came on things changed,he also played in the 5-1 game,anyway derek holmes for me

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
maroonedinoz

Graham Shaw from the mid seventies.

He lived in Piershill and was a jambo, but was pesh.

he came from Dunfermline, and left for....Arborath I think.

anyone else remember him?

H Musemic, scored a couple but hopeless

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

He scored the winner in a 1-0 win against Leith Vermin FC so that makes him an all time Hearts hero.

Alex MacDonald

Pat McShane

Crawford Boyd

Archie White

Paul Rodger

No. 28

Stuart Gauld

Barasa

but worst of all.......

Gary Liddell (not Frank) signed from Grimsby Town by Tony Ford I think.

Graham Shaw from the mid seventies.

He lived in Piershill and was a jambo, but was pesh.

he came from Dunfermline, and left for....Arborath I think.

anyone else remember him?

Aye!! I do! You're right, he wiz mince. He couldnae see the ba' for his hair! I forgot aboot him: at least he tried?!!

The worst 11 players I've seen in a Hearts Strip

1. Kurskis

2. Barassa

3. Milne

4. Jim Weir

5. Petric

6. Mo Berthe

7. Jeremy Goss

8. Leigh Jenkinson

9. Colin Cramb

10. Hans Nae Skill Son

11. Jeremy Goss

No.28

Klimek

Kurskis

Ally Mauchlen

Andy Watson

Glyn Snodin

Billy McKay

Hans Esskilson

Petric

Manager Joe Jordan mainly because he got rid of Scott Crabbe

On the way to the game we were stopped and had our car searched because 2 prisoners had escaped near Newcastle and when we got to the border region we were again stopped and searched because 2 lunatics had escaped from an asylum. Now if 2 loonies had escaped and we were going to a Hearts (then) 2nd division match (there was no premier league), Hearts v Partick Thistle midweek match, you will appreciate the problem we had. I kid you not, that is true.

I thought that the first time Hearts were relegated it was from the Premier Division to the First Division.

Not disputing what happened, just that I don't think Hearts ever played in the 2nd Division, old or new.

As for rubbish players:

M Berthe

H Eskillson

L Jenkinson

D Kirkwood

B Mackay

B Hamilton

F Wishart

D Winnie

Nicky "F'in" Walker!!!

Pants Shaton

Manager Joe Jordan mainly because he got rid of Scott Crabbe

Are you Scott Crabbe?

Sandy Clark

Tommy Mclean

John Robertson

Graham Rix

Vladas Ivanauskas

Eduard Malofeev

Anatoly Korbotchjob

Stephen Frail

8 'managers' who were worse than Joe Jordan.

While there are plenty of players with brief Hearts careers that should have been briefer there's one outstanding candidate who delivered season after season of not very good performances. Attempting to make up for a lack of talent by sheer effort and constant running about like a headless chicken He's also my favourite Hearts player ever.

Wayne Foster

The Old Tolbooth

He scored the winner in a 1-0 win against Leith Vermin FC so that makes him an all time Hearts hero.

Ha ha!!

I almost named him too but refrained from doing so for the very same reason, anyone who scores the winner against that mob are heroes in my eyes :)

Pants Shaton

16th March 2002 - Easter Road.

Hibernian 1 - Heart of Midlothian 2

Late penalty winner from...

_41405299_pressley300.jpg

Glad to see we're on the same page.

Oxford City
Pound for pound:

Gordan Petric - completely sh*te and a complete sh*te.

I always used to agree. Sadly in the last couple of years he has had a lot of competition. Many of the late 70s / early 80s were poor but never pretended to be anything else and could never have been anything else. Some of our current squad are underachievers on a grand scale.

PS Shuggy Shaw was a hero.

Defo Twaddle. Been out drinking a couple of times wi him and he is as much of a plank as he looks

We've had plenty bad players in the past.

I don't remember anything like as many shirkers, prima donnas, lightweight saps and 'wage thiefs' in the same squad as we have at the moment. The squad stinks.:evilno:

Guest JamboRobbo

Beniuseless for me. By a country mile.

Of course thats probably just because, like many Hearts fans, I'm a racist. :P

Geoff Kilpatrick
Beniuseless for me. By a country mile.

Of course thats probably just because, like many Hearts fans, I'm a racist. :P

The first stage in addressing a problem is admitting you have one! ;)

BTW, Petric still wins hands down for me.

There is ability in the current squad. The problem is they lack direction and leadership. Kind of fundamental for a football team.

Graham Weir was pretty bad. Worse goal record than Clum.

He wasn't a very good player but he got stuck in. Many of our current bunch of hopeless jokers don't even do that.

Glad to see we're on the same page.

We're not. :rolleyes:

After his sleekitness at Riccarton and chest thumping return to Tynecastle wearing his beloved green-and-grey-hoops, that goal, like the other few Jhudas scored, have been wiped from the records as far as I'm concerned.

PresidentRomanov

Pressley is without doubt, the worst, most disgraceful, most dishonourable, piece of filth, ever to pull on a Hearts jersey :mad:

Caused more problems than all the names mentioned, put together :mad:

His diving when shielding the ball at the bye line, was nothing short of embarrassing :mad:

shaun.lawson
Pressley is without doubt, the worst, most disgraceful, most dishonourable, piece of filth, ever to pull on a Hearts jersey :mad:

Caused more problems than all the names mentioned, put together :mad:

His diving when shielding the ball at the bye line, was nothing short of embarrassing :mad:

Go back to the pub.

PresidentRomanov
We're not. :rolleyes:

After his sleekitness at Riccarton and chest thumping return to Tynecastle wearing his beloved green-and-grey-hoops, that goal, like the other few Jhudas scored, have been wiped from the records as far as I'm concerned.

Ricardo Fuller won the game that night by winning the penalty.

Pressley was so keen on attracting interest from Celtic, he pulled rank to take the kick :mad:

I'm surprised the slithering arsehole never missed it on purpose, so he could shove it right up the Hearts fans again :mad:

PresidentRomanov
Shaun, which part of "as far as I'm concerned" don't you understand? :sad:

PB, you're right. As far as I'm concerned, it was Fuller's goal. Fuller wasn't and isn't a rhat so deserves to be credited with it. :cool:

Spot on Therapist :)

shaun.lawson
Shaun, which part of "as far as I'm concerned" don't you understand? :sad:

PB, you're right. As far as I'm concerned, it was Fuller's goal. Fuller wasn't and isn't a rhat so deserves to be credited with it. :cool:

Except that, where the record books are concerned, they don't feature an asterisk and the comment "doesn't count because Therapist said so". Pressley gave us great service for over eight years, scored the winner at Easter Road, went up with us to lift the Scottish Cup, and everything he warned about in October 2006 is coming to pass. If you're too wilfully blind to see this, that really isn't anyone else's problem.

Meanwhile, I think it's high time I asked you and PickyBum a simple question. If everything that followed on from his statement at Riccarton had still happened, except that he'd ended up signing for Rangers FC instead, what would've been your opinion of him?

Many have been mentioned that I would pick however do you remember the self confessed Hearts fan Paul Smith spending around 6 months at our club and mesmerising us with his pointing!!!

If it hadn't been for one moment of magic against celtic in injury time then Austin McCann was painful to watch at times. But there have certainly been alot worse than him. Leigh Jenkinson is my top choice but only because I never saw Mo Berthe play.

If everything that followed on from his statement at Riccarton had still happened, except that he'd ended up signing for Rangers FC instead, what would've been your opinion of him?

Having the rheptile slither over to sellik or the hobos is marginally worse than going to any other team, but basically it wouldn't change my opinion one iota. His behaviour was disrespectful, unethical and immoral.

Sorry this doesn't match up with your view that I am a rabid bigot, but there you go. I'm just an ordinary chap that believes in proper standards of behaviour.

I trust this clarifies matters to your satisfaction. :cool:

Maroon Mayhem
Anyone who was at Dens that day when we lost 2-0 to Dundee to go bottom of the league would understand my feelings towards Mo Berthe.

You're always hopeful that a new signing will do well, that hope evaporated after his first touch.

Also made Nade look like a Cambodian.

Maroon Mayhem
a bit harsh on twaddle,most of his time at hearts he was injured and remember in the phil stamp game it was only when he came on things changed,he also played in the 5-1 game,anyway derek holmes for me

Absolutely right, he had arm fractures, viruses and evertything else when he was at Hearts and didn't really get going.

Shame cos he's a Jambo in Lockey type proportions.

Miller Jambo 60
I have a few:

Nerijus Barasa

Eddie Kurkis

Fitzroy Simpson

Ricardus Beniusis

Gordon Petric

Kevin James

Andy Watson:dribble:

Miller Jambo 60
Except that, where the record books are concerned, they don't feature an asterisk and the comment "doesn't count because Therapist said so". Pressley gave us great service for over eight years, scored the winner at Easter Road, went up with us to lift the Scottish Cup, and everything he warned about in October 2006 is coming to pass. If you're too wilfully blind to see this, that really isn't anyone else's problem.

Meanwhile, I think it's high time I asked you and PickyBum a simple question. If everything that followed on from his statement at Riccarton had still happened, except that he'd ended up signing for Rangers FC instead, what would've been your opinion of him?

Tharapist at the wind up again :)

:biggrin:

You have to love Therapist's last sentence catchphrases.

PresidentRomanov
Having the rheptile slither over to sellik or the hobos is marginally worse than going to any other team, but basically it wouldn't change my opinion one iota. His behaviour was disrespectful, unethical and immoral.

Sorry this doesn't match up with your view that I am a rabid bigot, but there you go. I'm just an ordinary chap that believes in proper standards of behaviour.

Shuan obviously can't grasp that concept, he's usually too busy looking for something that isn't there :mad:

Shuan obviously can't grasp that concept, he's usually too busy looking for something that isn't there :mad:

Shaun's silence is deafening. Rather odd given that he's never usually backward at coming forward. :rolleyes:

PresidentRomanov
Shaun's silence is deafening. Rather odd given that he's never usually backward at coming forward. :rolleyes:

Shuan obviously can't grasp the fact, that you and I support Heart of Midlothian FC, and no one else.

He must think that it's normal to have more faces than the town clock :)

Ray Winstone
Shuan obviously can't grasp the fact, that you and I support Heart of Midlothian FC, and no one else.

He must think that it's normal to have more faces than the town clock :)

Apart from when you two are on the Chelsea 'bandwagon'.

Archived