The Arfield Red

Erik

Apologies if i'm about to say this having missed a thread already or if its something which has been covered in other threads - but i'm actually a bit surprised that this incident hasn't merited a lengthy thread of its own.

One of the most inexplicably horrendous challenges I've seen in a long time. What on earth was he thinking?! I like to think (read as hope) that he hasn't gone in there with any intentions of hurting Zlamal, but I honestly am struggling to think of any other reason than exactly that.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• busby1985

• Mikey1874

• Unknown user

• Beast Boy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He started his slide when bobby only had one hand on the ball. Instantly puts his hands up when he clatters him. He never purposely meant to hurt him. 

Arfield is a thug, always has been in spite of what the scummy scouser says. The good thing about the incident was Arfield shitting his frilly bluenose panties and hiding behind his lodge brother to escape on the spot retribution.

The Old Tolbooth

Madden was clearly gutted sending him off too, and right away the commentator stated that they'd had word from an official at Hampden that it should only have been a yellow, what the actual ****? 

Should be a big ban coming his way. One of the most horrible players in the league and has set out with the intent of injuring another professional. Very little talent but likes to act the big man. Bear in mind this is a man who had to go and play for Canada as he wasn't deemed good enough for a Scotland team that hasn't qualified for a major tournament in 20 years. File next to Joey Barton on the long list of failures to play for the "New Rangers"

Shocking challenge, the boy lost the heid.

Reckless as reckless gets. He got a red and is suspended for it so I don’t see why it needs to go any further. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Shocking challenge, the boy lost the heid.

Reckless as reckless gets. He got a red and is suspended for it so I don’t see why it needs to go any further. 

I didn't say it needed to go further, I'm just somewhat surprised by the lack of discussion / coverage its gotten.

William H. Bonney
7 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

He started his slide when bobby only had one hand on the ball. Instantly puts his hands up when he clatters him. He never purposely meant to hurt him. 

One hand on the ball is all you need. It was an intentional and malicious foul. 

letsalldothebeattie

More than a moment of madness he knew what he was doing. Zlamal had the ball in his hands under his control and Arfield still had acres of space to make up. The guys a moron and he could’ve done serious damage to Zlamal if he caught him wrongly. 

12 minutes ago, Erik said:

Apologies if i'm about to say this having missed a thread already or if its something which has been covered in other threads - but i'm actually a bit surprised that this incident hasn't merited a lengthy thread of its own.

One of the most inexplicably horrendous challenges I've seen in a long time. What on earth was he thinking?! I like to think (read as hope) that he hasn't gone in there with any intentions of hurting Zlamal, but I honestly am struggling to think of any other reason than exactly that.

Theres people on here saying it was a yellow! Or evidence that Madden isn’t a cheating Hun prick...

:cornette:

9 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Or,...... he did,....... but wanted to make it look like he didn't.

8 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Arfield is a thug, always has been in spite of what the scummy scouser says. The good thing about the incident was Arfield shitting his frilly bluenose panties and hiding behind his lodge brother to escape on the spot retribution.

Dont talk shite, I’ve knew Scott since he was a kid. He isn’t a ‘thug’ at all, it was a stupid tackle and definite red but he isn’t the type to deliberately hurt someone.

letsalldothebeattie
Just now, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Theres people on here saying it was a yellow! Or evidence that Madden isn’t a cheating Hun prick...

:cornette:

Who thinks that’s a yellow card? Would love to see what they think Arfield would’ve had to do to get the red then 

Just now, Dino Velvet said:

One hand on the ball is all you need. It was an intentional and malicious foul. 

Was it a foul, 100%. Red card, 100%. Did he purposely try injure a player, he did not. Rush of blood at the chance of scoring a goal, he’s not that type of player, he couldn’t fight sleep. 

William H. Bonney
1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

Was it a foul, 100%. Red card, 100%. Did he purposely try injure a player, he did not. Rush of blood at the chance of scoring a goal, he’s not that type of player, he couldn’t fight sleep. 

He's a coward. It's was a cowardly challenge. 

7 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Madden was clearly gutted sending him off too, and right away the commentator stated that they'd had word from an official at Hampden that it should only have been a yellow, what the actual ****? 

Had to laugh at the ridiculousness of that as well.

What an absolute shambles this country is.

1 minute ago, Dino Velvet said:

He's a coward. It's was a cowardly challenge. 

It was a midfielder looking to score and sniffed a chance. It was reckless and badly judged but he never meant to injure him. 

3 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Who thinks that’s a yellow card? Would love to see what they think Arfield would’ve had to do to get the red then 

Can't remember... either @Fozzyonthefence or someone else on one of the threads about Madden - the cheating Hun prick.

William H. Bonney
Just now, busby1985 said:

It was a midfielder looking to score and sniffed a chance. It was reckless and badly judged but he never meant to injure him. 

Utter nonsense. The goalkeeper had the ball under control. He had no right to go for that ball. The boys a *****. 

It looks even worse when you see when/where he starts the slide in that top GIF. He could have caused some serious damage and should be looking at 5 games minimum. People talk about wanting to improve Scottish football then it's players like that little thug that we need to be getting rid off

1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

Horrendous challenge.

Anyone that thinks it was worth less than a red card has lost the plot.

Or they just don't like Levein, and have an agenda that has become so skewed, they are even prepared to ignore cheating to drive it through.

The Old Tolbooth

It's shit like yesterday that knocks that absolute stuffing out of me, and I know a few other fans feel the same but some are afraid to say it for fear of reprisal, but I'm now questioning why I continue to fund this corrupt little tinpot league up here, it's a hive of corruption and it's never going to change, not whilst we have referees in charge with agendas, not whilst we're the only country in Europe to have our football HQ outside of their capital city just to suit the people who run (ruin) our game to line their own pockets with gold, I'm sick to the back teeth of it. 

Edited by The Old Tolbooth

Shocking challenge and rightly sent off for it however what I find more shocking is the fact that he as of yet had still to apologise for it

avhudtheteeshirt
7 minutes ago, Dinger said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

You can quite clearly see he had time to jump over Bobby, but he was going for the kill and should be properly dealt with for it, maybe 3-4 game ban for excessive violence????

8 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Reckless? He’s sliding in knee first into a player lying on the ground. 

At best he’s being wilfully negligent at worst it’s assault. 

Either way his “challenge” is so dangerous it requires more than a one game suspension. 

Sliding in at that pace with your knee directed at the keeper's head is a disgusting thing to do and could have seriously injured Bobby. He also lunged at the last minute and was out of control, in conditions that he knew would make him slide right into Bobby.

He should be looking at an extended ban for that.

Howdy Doody Jambo

That thug could have broke Bobby's neck, minimum 3game ban you would think, New Rangers will probably appeal it Arfield had his hands all over Madden in the goalmouth protesting his innocence then swaggered off the pitch like the big man

13 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Dont talk shite, I’ve knew Scott since he was a kid. He isn’t a ‘thug’ at all, it was a stupid tackle and definite red but he isn’t the type to deliberately hurt someone.

I hardly ever see Rangers and that's the 3rd shocker I've seen from your thug mate Arfield this season. We have the evidence mate and its clear who's talking shite.

3 minutes ago, Jarhead said:

Reckless? He’s sliding in knee first into a player lying on the ground. 

At best he’s being wilfully negligent at worst it’s assault. 

Either way his “challenge” is so dangerous it requires more than a one game suspension. 

Am not arguing it wasn’t a stupid challenge, he even knows it was a bad challenge. My point is he never went out to hurt him, it looks really bad, of course it does but I can assure you he never tried to purposely hurt him. If he gets more than a game ban then he deserves it. He’s not that type of boy. 

The more I watch that the worse it gets.

Defo not buying in to the 'hes not that kinda player' / 'he didnt mean it' / 'he was already sliding' type defences and excuses which are being offered up by folk.

He knew what he was doing. An intentional and calculated cowardly lunge for a ball he was never entitled to go for.

It should be a significant headline in the aftermath of the game - but if you didnt watch the game, you'd almost be forgiven for not even being aware of it having happened.

One story from the Daily Record quoting Gerrard feeling sorry for the boy saying he was entitled to go for it and instinct took over and whatnot.

He should be getting hammered from all angles for it. Not sympathy!

4 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

I hardly ever see Rangers and that's the 3rd shocker I've seen from your thug mate Arfield this season. We have the evidence mate and its clear who's talking shite.

Barely had a red card in his career but he’s a thug? Aye, plenty evidence there..

It was a stupid and dangerous tackle and a definite red card, but he’s not a thug or a ‘wannabe hardman’ In the slightest. 

3 minutes ago, Erik said:

The more I watch that the worse it gets.

Defo not buying in to the 'hes not that kinda player' / 'he didnt mean it' / 'he was already sliding' type defences and excuses which are being offered up by folk.

He knew what he was doing. An intentional and calculated cowardly lunge for a ball he was never entitled to go for.

It should be a significant headline in the aftermath of the game - but if you didnt watch the game, you'd almost be forgiven for not even being aware of it having happened.

One story from the Daily Record quoting Gerrard feeling sorry for the boy saying he was entitled to go for it and instinct took over and whatnot.

He should be getting hammered from all angles for it. Not sympathy!

You always get the "He's not that kind of player" guff after a coward goes out and does something like that.

The reality is if you make that type of challenge then you ARE that kind of player. 

The lack of comment from the little thug and the comments from Gerrard tell you all you need to know about the type of people that institution employ

Edited by Miko

There was an incident like that in a game once v Rangers.

The Celtic goalkeeper John Thomson died after a knee to the head. 

It was  very reckless. 

Edited by Mikey1874

38 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

He recklessly endangered an opponent. Not sure how you can defend him

28 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

He hates Levein though so that might have affected his actions 

I tried to get odds on him scoring and getting sent off but couldn't 

ToadKiller Dog

If that knee was a few inches to the right, hate to think what state Bobby would be in. 

He had plenty time to pull out but didn't,He deserves extra punishment, that was wilfully reckless. 

But watch the GFA ask Clare to accept a 2 game ban instead. 

24 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Whatever you're on you need to seriously cut the dose.

How Bobby didn't sustain a serious injury is beyond me.

It is disturbing the number of people on here who are leaning towards the "Nothing to see here" line, they are either:

A - Hobbits trolling

B - Wannabe Huns

C - Half-wits.

1 minute ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

If that knee was a few inches to the right, hate to think what state Bobby would be in. 

He had plenty time to pull out but didn't,He deserves extra punishment, that was wilfully reckless. 

But watch the GFA ask Clare to accept a 2 game ban instead. 

IMG_20181203_104918.jpg

2 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Barely had a red card in his career but he’s a thug? Aye, plenty evidence there..

It was a stupid and dangerous tackle and a definite red card, but he’s not a thug or a ‘wannabe hardman’ In the slightest. 

3 stupid dangerous tackles I've seen from him this season and that equals thug in my book. The evidence is on this page and clearly outweighs your "he's my friend" evidence. Stop now.

2 minutes ago, Coolio said:

Whatever you're on you need to seriously cut the dose.

How Bobby didn't sustain a serious injury is beyond me.

It is disturbing the number of people on here who are leaning towards the "Nothing to see here" line, they are either:

A - Hobbits trolling

B - Wannabe Huns

C - Half-wits.

Many are too bothered about being called paranoid... to the point where they just shrug and take it.