Feel bad?

Herbert.

Not happy with recent results but there are sound reasons why our season has gone awry.

Larger picture wise we're still in a good position. Solid base off the field and just a few points behind Celtic and Rangers. Berra's back, with others to follow, and a proven striker, in form, heading our way in a few weeks. 

As you suggest, look at Hibs. They're shite, with a future built on the shifting sands that are Lennon's temperament and stability. 

44 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Look over at puddledrinkers.net, there's always a bright side.

The scuttlers are struggling to find a positive.  They lock down their site after a defeat.  The greatest manager since sliced bread is now wanted punted.

Good old Hibs.

Tynecastlesmychurch

I still think on their day they are a good side. And will certainly give us a game when we head to easter road at the end of the month.

That being said we're in poor from because weve been ravaged by injuries to key players. Even Haring is playing with injury. For example we get Berra back but then we find out that Jimmys out until after the January break. 

At least Naismith is due back very very soon! 

10 minutes ago, Gigolo-Aunt said:

And the safety blanket of hibs comes out for some.

Personally have higher ambitions than looking over the road.

I suspect every Hearts supporter does but there's always time to laugh at Hibs, too. Never met a Jambo yet who can't do both. 

35 minutes ago, Morgan said:

The scuttlers are struggling to find a positive.  They lock down their site after a defeat.  The greatest manager since sliced bread is now wanted punted.

Good old Hibs.

I'm confident it will have replaced "vermin" by the end of the season. :)

15 minutes ago, martoon said:

I'm confident it will have replaced "vermin" by the end of the season. :)

And rightly so.  :biggrin:

42 minutes ago, Gigolo-Aunt said:

Be miserable then

haveyouheard 22
1 hour ago, martoon said:

Not happy with recent results but there are sound reasons why our season has gone awry.

Larger picture wise we're still in a good position. Solid base off the field and just a few points behind Celtic and Rangers. Berra's back, with others to follow, and a proven striker, in form, heading our way in a few weeks. 

As you suggest, look at Hibs. They're shite, with a future built on the shifting sands that are Lennon's temperament and stability. 

Correct

47 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

Glass ceiling for them after their record 4th place finish 

I’m far more concerned about the glass ceiling for Hearts under someone that has never won a thing in football.

5 minutes ago, magicTs said:

I’m far more concerned about the glass ceiling for Hearts under someone that has never won a thing in football.

Have we not improved from last season?

2 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Have we not improved from last season?

It wasn’t difficult to “improve”. We are still worlds away from being any good and are still massively underachieving. 

Just now, magicTs said:

It wasn’t difficult to “improve”. We are still worlds away from being any good and are still massively underachieving. 

We've been top of the league most of the season. Our form has dipped since we lost half our first team but were still 4th and only 4 points behind 1st place in December that's no bad for underachieving. Our form will change soon and other teams will go through a bad run were gonna better last season position so were nowhere near the glass ceiling yet.

Just now, Herbert said:

We've been top of the league most of the season. Our form has dipped since we lost half our first team but were still 4th and only 4 points behind 1st place in December that's no bad for underachieving. Our form will change soon and other teams will go through a bad run were gonna better last season position so were nowhere near the glass ceiling yet.

Can’t wait for the big wins you predict! 

Just now, magicTs said:

Can’t wait for the big wins you predict! 

We've already had big wins this season so no reason at all we cant have more. 

Just now, Herbert said:

We've already had big wins this season so no reason at all we cant have more. 

Yeah it’s been a season to remember. 

EastSideJambo
12 minutes ago, magicTs said:

True. It's amazing how pointing this upsets so many people 

2 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

True. It's amazing how pointing this upsets so many people 

If we're shite don't come to tynecastle go support man city 

EastSideJambo
Just now, Herbert said:

If we're shite don't come to tynecastle go support man city 

You miss the point spectacularly 

You are turning your ire on the wrong people 

SectionDJambo

Before 1954 Hearts hadn’t won anything for over 50 years. In that time, we had some of the greatest players ever to play for our club. 

From 1962 until 1998, we didn’t win anything, apart from a lower league championship. In that time, we had some of the worst players ever to play for us, and played in a lower league for 4 seasons. We also had a period, under Wallace Mercer, where we threatened to win something, with some excellent players, but always fell short.

So there we have 2 extended spells, covering nearly 90 years, during which we won nothing.

And there are people on here who are saying Levein shouldn’t be manager because he has won nothing.

51 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Before 1954 Hearts hadn’t won anything for over 50 years. In that time, we had some of the greatest players ever to play for our club. 

From 1962 until 1998, we didn’t win anything, apart from a lower league championship. In that time, we had some of the worst players ever to play for us, and played in a lower league for 4 seasons. We also had a period, under Wallace Mercer, where we threatened to win something, with some excellent players, but always fell short.

So there we have 2 extended spells, covering nearly 90 years, during which we won nothing.

And there are people on here who are saying Levein shouldn’t be manager because he has won nothing.

You can prove anything with facts.

Opinions are what matter.

Fact We have beaten Celtic this season

Opinion Levein can't win big games

Fact we were scoring goals for fun for 3 months

Opinion Levein is negative

Fact Our best players are injured, one has just come back from injury and another is playing with an injury

Opinion We should be able to be as good as we were when they were fit

Fact This is a Hearts supporters forum

Another fact It's riddled with Hobos and Trolls

54 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Not today he won't be

It's amazing how many people post when we lose but say nothing when we win. They aren't supporters at all.

4 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Spot on.

6 hours ago, martoon said:

Yep. We are a good team missing key players including our cutting edge.

Hibs are utter shite.

5 hours ago, magicTs said:

Yeah it’s been a season to remember. 

Has been actually, and there’s still plenty of games to ensure it finishes that way again too. 

16 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Has been actually, and there’s still plenty of games to ensure it finishes that way again too. 

Not even played a game in the Scottish Cup. Still well on for a top 2/3 finish. Folk writing off the season as a failure.

1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

Not even played a game in the Scottish Cup. Still well on for a top 2/3 finish. Folk writing off the season as a failure.

I think it’s just down to anger and frustration. I think people are letting that cloud their judgement.

Arthur Morgan

Can any statto tell me Hibs average league placing over the past 20 years or so? I commented on YouTube saying that Hibs are back in their rightful place; bottom half of the table. Then some Celtic fan has come to their defence (surprise surprise!).

Edited by Joel Miller

8 hours ago, magicTs said:

It wasn’t difficult to “improve”. We are still worlds away from being any good and are still massively underachieving

What does this even mean? Are we supposed to be 1st or something? :dontgetit:

Right now, we're in a race for 3rd place. Being in a race for 3rd place is what Hearts - in good seasons - have been in for almost the entirety of the last 35 years. 'Underachieving'?! Compared to what - 1957/8? 

51 minutes ago, Joel Miller said:

Can any statto tell me Hibs average league placing over the past 20 years or so? I commented on YouTube saying that Hibs are back in their rightful place; bottom half of the table. Then some Celtic fan has come to their defence (surprise surprise!).

It's terrible. :laugh: 

The SPL began in 1998/9. Since then - exactly 20 seasons, in other words - average finishes are:

Heart of Midlothian 5.50

Aberdeen 5.75

Motherwell 6.60

Kilmarnock 7.45

Dundee United 7.85

Hibernian 7.85

In other words, where Hibs are right now - 8th - is par for the course for them. Their average record is the sort of thing you point and laugh at.

10 hours ago, Gigolo-Aunt said:

Well said mate.

We have had a tough run. Got to pick up points next few games. Winter break can't come fast enough. We need to get our forward players back.

9 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I think it’s just down to anger and frustration. I think people are letting that cloud their judgement.

I think it’s down to the same posters writing the same shite they wrote last season and hijacking every single thread with the same boring rhetoric...I noticed in another thread the predictions of doom have started, which I’m happy with as they got every single one wrong last season.

Were having a wee laugh at the hibs and it’s started already it’s making jkb unbearable again, debate and discuss fine but typing the same thing over and over must be trolling

12 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I think it’s down to the same posters writing the same shite they wrote last season and hijacking every single thread with the same boring rhetoric...I noticed in another thread the predictions of doom have started, which I’m happy with as they got every single one wrong last season.

Were having a wee laugh at the hibs and it’s started already it’s making jkb unbearable again, debate and discuss fine but typing the same thing over and over must be trolling

Just different opinions... yadah... heads in the sand... yadah... higher ambitions and expectations... etc... never win silverware... grrr... serial loser... yadah... 

Arthur Morgan
23 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

It's terrible. :laugh: 

The SPL began in 1998/9. Since then - exactly 20 seasons, in other words - average finishes are:

Heart of Midlothian 5.50

Aberdeen 5.75

Motherwell 6.60

Kilmarnock 7.45

Dundee United 7.85

Hibernian 7.85

In other words, where Hibs are right now - 8th - is par for the course for them. Their average record is the sort of thing you point and laugh at.

Cheers :thumbsup:

highlandjambo3
On 02/12/2018 at 17:58, Cruyff Turn said:

We’ll be battling out with Hibs for 6th place if we’re not careful. 

Hibs will be nowhere near 6th