Under 6,000 tickets sold for semi???

Walter Bishop

I don't get your point.

People, Like on Tuesday, Will be there if they can. Some people will not be able to make it due to work/family commitments etc (I'm going by the way, I couldn't make it on Tuesday because I couldn't get a babysitter)

That is not lame. It's just the way it is.

Just reckon if people really wanted to go they would. :)

I have the money to go its just a case of whether I should go or not. ATM I'm not really convinced

Just reckon if people really wanted to go they would. :)

Sometimes circumstances dictate people can't no matter how much they want to.

:)

Sometimes circumstances dictate people can't no matter how much they want to.

:)

We both know if we were riding high in the league, still in the Scottish Cup a hell of a lot more would be travelling. Fair weather fans. :)

We both know if we were riding high in the league, still in the Scottish Cup a hell of a lot more would be travelling. Fair weather fans. :)

And would you describe yourself as a fairweather fan after deciding not to go to Fir Park?

And would you describe yourself as a fairweather fan after deciding not to go to Fir Park?

He he. Yes possibly. Seems to be a good few of us around. :)

I was at the Motherwell game and I'll likely not make it to Hampden due to logistical reasons.

Wonder what it makes me.

portobellojambo1

He was sitting in the house waiting on you phoning him to ask if he would babysit, so you could go to the game, you didn't phone therefore neither of you got there. See the bloody trouble you've caused just by not picking up your phone. :)

I was at the Motherwell game and I'll likely not make it to Hampden due to logistical reasons.

Wonder what it makes me.

Your signature freaks me right out.:ninja:

Oh and you're a part timer.

He was sitting in the house waiting on you phoning him to ask if he would babysit, so you could go the game, you didn't phone therefore neither of you got there. See the bloody trouble you've caused just by not picking up your phone. :)

;)

Its been a long time baby

Don't you maybe think the time of year isnt right? January is a bad enough month as it is after xmas and all the nights out. I've got a wee boy now, got a season ticket so think i would be pushing it by saying to the wife "right that me off to the game" when money is needed elsewhere.

Your signature freaks me right out.:ninja:

Oh and you're a part timer.

Thought so. And it's not what you think. I'm an analyst and a therapist! You should change your name to Geldof or Johnny Fingers.

I've walked to Tynie from Loanhead saw and walked back!

I've begged in Newcastle station for the train fare after a FRIENDLY!

I've stolen from people who could not afford it!!! Just to see the HEARTS!

I've supported Hearts all of my life!

No matter where we are in the league/cup if circumstances mean i don't know if i'll be there i have to accept that!

Fair weather fans indeed!!!!!!

I'll be going. I expect it will be just like the last midweek semi-final at Hampdump against Rangers. Precious memories....

I'll finish work at Dalkeith Road at 5pm. Arrange to meet the guys in town (by this time someone will have drawn the short straw and be designated driver for the evening since there's bugger all chance of making the last train home from Queen Street if the match goes to extra time and pens. And sods law if we got the train....).

We'll sit in a traffic jam to join the M8 at Hermiston or Newbridge. We might be on the M8 by about six. If it's not raining. Which it will be cause it's January. So make that half-six.

We'll hit Weejieville city limits 45 minutes later. And will then sit in more traffic jams through Rutherglen for most of the next hour.

But not to worry, we can listen to Richard Gordon describing Rangers only goal of the game while we try to park the car within the same postcode area as Hampdump.

Of course, it'll be peeing with rain and bloody freezing. It's January. So we'll be well up for it after trapsing through the mud and the rain to reach our magnificent National Stadium.

We'll catch the last 10 mins of the first half, and a complete non-event of a second half in a half empty souless Hampden (since der Huns are as lethargic about the League Cup as we are).

Sounds great. Bring it on. I can hardly wait.

(takes sarcastic voice of)

I'm going, and if there's 6,000 other mugs I applaud them.

I wouldn't blame anyone for giving this trip a miss.

DuffJimmy1875
I've walked to Tynie from Loanhead saw and walked back!

I've begged in Newcastle station for the train fare after a FRIENDLY!

I've stolen from people who could not afford it!!! Just to see the HEARTS!

I've supported Hearts all of my life!

No matter where we are in the league/cup if circumstances mean i don't know if i'll be there i have to accept that!

Fair weather fans indeed!!!!!!

I thought WE were the beggars and the thiefs?? :527:

There were circa 7500 Hibs fans for the CIS Cup Semi Final against Der Hun a few years back. In the freezing cold, midweek.

I'd bet on there being a similiar if not marginally higher number of Hearts fans through - when push comes to shove - for this game

I thought WE were the beggars and the thiefs?? :527:

There were circa 7500 Hibs fans for the CIS Cup Semi Final against Der Hun a few years back. In the freezing cold, midweek.

I'd bet on there being a similiar if not marginally higher number of Hearts fans through - when push comes to shove - for this game

Aye but yours is an inherent lifestyle.

FTH

lost in leith
Your attitude stinks mate.

He's being honest. Reckon we'll take 7-8,000. If we win and get over 20,000tickets for the final, guess what, they'll go like hot cakes.

If we have sold 6,000 I'll be surprised but delighted. That's twice as many as last Tuesday which I though was a great support given the season we are enduring and we should at least be able to create an atmosphere in our end.

Although the likelihood of defeat is great it just shows how many of us still can't help ourselves. If I'm being honest though it will be my last away game this season if we lose unless Hibs end up in the bottom 6 with us !

I'll be there, coudn't miss it, a change to beat the OF in a semi!

It will be 2 pieces of history if we do win belburgh and that's one of the reasons I wouldn't want to miss it. We have NEVER beaten Rangers at Hampden and we have NEVER beaten Rangers in a semi final !!!

Wouldn't surprise me. It's a diddy cup so, not surprisingly, the level of interest in it is very low.

If we get through, I might go to the final.

Thats a pretty **** poor attitude like

Francis Albert

All this "diddy cup" and "mickey mouse" stuff is fine for winding up Hibbies but that is all it is - and there is no rule that says football fans have to be consistent or logical - in fact the opposite is almost a requirement. Who exacly do we think we are? Read about the 1954 final and say the league cup doesn't matter. In 45 years I have seen Hearts win the grand total of two national trophies. We show Texaco Cup finalist and Tennants Sixes in our list of honours. Once we start regularly winning the only two bigger trophies we have any chance of winning (and you could argue there is only one) we might earn the right to dismiss the league cup as a diddy tournament. So I'll be there to see if we can outplay Rangers as we have done for 135 minutes already this season.

maroonlegions

iam a postie and will be going ,time i get back home ,feck knows and then set the alarm for 4am ,mmmm, better be worth it when iam delivering mail in the p***** rain and nursing a hangover.

Archived