We've got benefactors coming from all over...!

Section Q

3 minutes ago, Brave Hearts said:

The hobos seem to forget that they have had a multi millionaire benefactor since early 1990’s.

His name is Farmer.

oops but he now TAKES £500,000 a year from the hobos.

Farmer has reversed the flow of the benefactor so that The Hibs are the benefactors TO Farmer  !!!!

Even with benefactors, they still manage to Hibsed It !!!!

If/when they shit the bed and finish in the bottom six, they will find that £500k a bit tricky to scrape together. :whistling:

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Morgan

• Bongo 1874

• Inch Hearts

17 minutes ago, Brave Hearts said:

The hobos seem to forget that they have had a multi millionaire benefactor since early 1990’s.

His name is Farmer.

oops but he now TAKES £500,000 a year from the hobos.

Farmer has reversed the flow of the benefactor so that The Hibs are the benefactors TO Farmer  !!!!

Even with benefactors, they still manage to Hibsed It !!!!

They very conveniently gloss over the fact that farmer cut a pence in the pound deal with HBOS to “settle” their debts which resulted in this payment. End result being that the (at the time) taxpayer owned HBOS had to take a massive haircut on their debts. Yet they still go on about us shafting people over debts

27 minutes ago, Disco Dave said:

They very conveniently gloss over the fact that farmer cut a pence in the pound deal with HBOS to “settle” their debts which resulted in this payment. End result being that the (at the time) taxpayer owned HBOS had to take a massive haircut on their debts. Yet they still go on about us shafting people over debts

Surely someone should alert broondog and Boston to this shocking state of affairs.  Taking the food out of British babies mouths.

4 minutes ago, farin said:

Better than a money tree. ?

FF3E1653-A09B-413B-B9B6-7C134986AF3D.thumb.jpeg.35ddd14c0f59bbc933bbad6eb6ebad7c.jpeg

Proud of that. Feels wonderful giving money to HMFC. ?♥️

A rather negative view from article below.

https://footballeconomyv2.blogspot.com/2018/11/hearts-underlying-business-is-loss.html

""Hearts have announced their financial results. Income was up 8% mainly to higher matchday receipts. This is still some way behind Celtic and Rangers but ahead of Hibs.

Kieran Maguire of the PriceofFootball notes, 'Hearts income breakdown shows the relative poverty of TV income compared to England, where over half of EPL clubs generate more than 80% of their money from broadcasters.'

Hearts wages were up 19% to over £7 million, subsidised by a mysterious benefactor who donated £1m towards wages. Hearts underlying business is loss making, reliant on donations and player sales to turn losses into break even. On top of the wages donation there have been mysterious benefactor payments of £4.5 million over last 2 years to help fund stadium expansion.

Hearts have spent just over £1 million on players over last six years, and sold players for three times that to make ends meet.""

LABELS: HEARTS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ellis Short will be able to recoup some of the money tied up in the £140m debts he has cleared to facilitate the sale of Sunderland. The agreement with the purchasing consortium does not include the Hilton Gardens Inn hotel which is situated opposite the Stadium of Light.Short will also retain an area of land next to the hotel which has planning permission for a further development, with the two having a combined valuation of £30m.

2 COMMENTS
West Bromwich Albion has been released from a mortgage on the stadium an other assets, a filing at Companies House shows. The club appears to be debt free, so is in a strong position in the transfer window, much needed given their relegation threatened position.I would like to express my sadness at the passing of that great footballer, Cyrille Regis.
Sheffield United have taken out two loans secured on club assets from Shawbrook Bank which provides loans to those unable to borrow from commercial banks. There will be an extra 7.5 per cent penalty interest charge if they fail to meet repayments.After an excellent start to the season Blades have faltered recently. They are currently sixth in the table, but sixth from bottom in the form table. Manager Chris Wilder has said that the side needs strengthening and plans to be active in the January transfer window. Could the loans be for this purpose?The formal documentation is available online, although it says nothing about the amounts involved: Filing history

StatCounter

StatCounter - Free Web Tracker and Counter

About Me

My photo
Wyn Grant
I started supporting Charlton in 1953 when my father took me to a game (my mother came sometimes as well). My father was born in North Woolwich in 1908 and had been a Charlton supporter since the 1920s when an older cousin took him. He raised the admission fee by looking after horses while deliveries were made. I now live in Leamington in Warwickshire, but remain a season ticket holder, as was my late wife. Visitors to my CAP blog may be confused by this but, as well as being a Charlton supporter, I am expert on the CAP and the political economy of the food chain. I am also a frequent commentator for UK and international print and broadcast media and wire services on British politics, hence my new blog on the subject.

VISIT PROFILE

Archive

Labels

In saying we are "loss making" that boy above, Kieran Maguire, ignores we are in transition. That is the FoH funds become general income in 2 years and our full income from new facilities. £2/3 million a year more income. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Keeps hobos happy something else to deflect from their own worries. ps hubbys sevco having HUGE chunks of cash being thrown at them.....just in case you missed it.

Don't see the boy Kieran Maguire's article as negative. He explains the donations are largely for stadium redevelopment,  which is a temporary phase.

Keiran Maguire. I wonder who he supports?

His "article" is exceptionally lazy and ignorant. He talks about our transfers in the "last six years", clearly he's blissfully unaware that during that period we were in administration! He thinks our underlying business model is loss-making; it quite obviously isn't when you take out the exceptional circumstances of the stadium redevelopment.

File this straight into the bin.

Edited by Strachsuit

This is being reported the wrong way round. He makes it look like we overspent then went begging for money from a benefactor to cover what would have been a loss, but the reality is that we only spent the money once we knew that we were being given it, quite a difference.

broondog 09:14 AM Today
Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba:
You're right about past dodgy dealings, but, in mitigation, it wasn't the fans who were responsible for that. As is often the case, it was the fans who had to pony up when the keek hit the fan. The Hearts support ensured the club could continue after the mismanagement and criminality of the owners.
to say the Hearts fans werent responsible is just wrong.when they knew they were overspending and cheating to win cups, were they protesting against the owner and trying to stop what they knew was going on behind the scenes? answer no they weree lapping it up and gloating about it prasining Romanov.Im not saying they were 100% responsible but they played a big part in what happend and should be punished.horrible some on here want to defend them

broondog 09:19 AM Today
Originally Posted by Easter Rising:
I’m pretty certain I’m not supporting the wrong team, but thanks for the advice.

Of course their past behavior has been despicable in all sorts of ways. My observation that 120k coming from supporters every month is impressive is the only credit they’ll ever get from me.
You and others who want to constantly defend them on here is embarrasing. the 120k figure I really doubt is true, seems quite a lot and it wouldn´t be the first time they falsified accounts for their own benefit.what people don´t seem to realise is they have a track record of this sort of stuff - I could list many examples. it started before romanov, continued when he was there on a scale not seen before, and still continues today.its something that is natural in the Hearts support and club it is nothing to do with who the owner is or who is running the club.

broondog 09:24 AM Today
Originally Posted by Deansy:
Sorry but they're benefitting from 30+ years and a rough £100m+ of cheating - their fans had to answer their call or they had no club !. Fortunately/unfortunately Hibs being honest don't have that 'advantage' !

Their mysterious 'Benefactor(s)' ?? - where were these people, who seem to have an endless stash of cash, when they were on the verge of extinction ?. Surely it couldn't be that if they hadintervened then, their 'donations' would've been wasted on the nasty busness of Hearts actually paying their debts/saving jobs & businesses/charities getting their money..................
completely agree.the right thing would be for a court to force the foundation of hearts contributions to repay all the debt that has been wiped clean over the last 30 years.of course that won´t happen.the Hearts establishment won´t let it happen.

35 minutes ago, Strachsuit said:

His "article" is exceptionally lazy and ignorant. He talks about our transfers in the "last six years", clearly he's blissfully unaware that during that period we were in administration! He thinks our underlying business model is loss-making; it quite obviously isn't when you take out the exceptional circumstances of the stadium redevelopment.

He's a lecturer in football finance at Liverpool university (who knew there was such a course?) suspect he supports Liverpool or Everton. He mentions stadium redevelopment as an exceptional circumstance.

5 minutes ago, moz said:

Looking forward to the AGM again now...sure questions will be asked about the mystery benefactors...

Don't get too excited I suspect Ann will continue to respect their anonymity.

1 minute ago, EIEIO said:

He's a lecturer in football finance at Liverpool university (who knew there was such a course?) suspect he supports Liverpool or Everton. He mentions stadium redevelopment as an exceptional circumstance.

If he had done any research whatsoever, he'd realise that our business model is far from a loss-making one! :facepalm:

30 minutes ago, 1953 said:

This is being reported the wrong way round. He makes it look like we overspent then went begging for money from a benefactor to cover what would have been a loss, but the reality is that we only spent the money once we knew that we were being given it, quite a difference.

Precisely.

19 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

The hatred they have for us is something else but you know what they tried to get us put under and failed now this is coming back to bite them on the arse big time Gorgie rules remember when they did this 

hoboattyniealert.jpg

This kinda makes one wish WM succeeded when he tried to take over that pishy tinpot club. To think I wanted them to survive his aborted takeover :jj_facepalm:

20 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Don't get too excited I suspect Ann will continue to respect their anonymity.

And rightly so....but it wont stop some asking the questions...!

Like a couple of years ago.....when CL shot down the boy who said in the pubs and clubs the talk was he was picking the team instead of the then manager......quite funny but.some will ask daft questions

23 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Ohhhhhhhhh benefactors

They're our saviours

They love the Hearts

They cough up when they're asked

and when they pay it's ****ing class

They cruise around Tynecastle

With suitcases full of cash

Ohhhhhhhhh.....

:rofl:

Keep that for the derby :thumbsup:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

That Broondog is absolutely barking.

Tremendous stuff.

:indeed:

His concept of law I would wager is somewhat flawed

Clark Griswold

Its all the fans fault apparently for not protesting against vlad :rofl: arsepieces to a man that lot.

Saying that, the folk he's replying to seem to have some sort of sense to see it how it is. His retaliation and whataboutery to anything positive in regards to us is :pleasing: 

The broon HIbs boy - :munny: and :av-1001:

The Kieran fella -in excess of 80% of English money is coming from the broadcasters.  That's great, but it's also a risk.

In the highly unlikely event of me winning Euromillions, I will become another mysterious benefactor.  So, if you hear that someone in Lothian has won the Ems, and this is quickly followed by a few million going in Tynecastle's directions......

Edited by Haken
shan spelling

Bridge of Djoum
2 hours ago, Strachsuit said:

1 hour ago, EIEIO said:

Not being funny, lads but he clearly states he's a Charlton fan in that piece above.

2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:
broondog 09:14 AM Today
Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba:
You're right about past dodgy dealings, but, in mitigation, it wasn't the fans who were responsible for that. As is often the case, it was the fans who had to pony up when the keek hit the fan. The Hearts support ensured the club could continue after the mismanagement and criminality of the owners.
to say the Hearts fans werent responsible is just wrong.when they knew they were overspending and cheating to win cups, were they protesting against the owner and trying to stop what they knew was going on behind the scenes? answer no they weree lapping it up and gloating about it prasining Romanov.Im not saying they were 100% responsible but they played a big part in what happend and should be punished.horrible some on here want to defend them

broondog 09:19 AM Today
Originally Posted by Easter Rising:
I’m pretty certain I’m not supporting the wrong team, but thanks for the advice.

Of course their past behavior has been despicable in all sorts of ways. My observation that 120k coming from supporters every month is impressive is the only credit they’ll ever get from me.
You and others who want to constantly defend them on here is embarrasing. the 120k figure I really doubt is true, seems quite a lot and it wouldn´t be the first time they falsified accounts for their own benefit.what people don´t seem to realise is they have a track record of this sort of stuff - I could list many examples. it started before romanov, continued when he was there on a scale not seen before, and still continues today.its something that is natural in the Hearts support and club it is nothing to do with who the owner is or who is running the club.

broondog 09:24 AM Today
Originally Posted by Deansy:
Sorry but they're benefitting from 30+ years and a rough £100m+ of cheating - their fans had to answer their call or they had no club !. Fortunately/unfortunately Hibs being honest don't have that 'advantage' !

Their mysterious 'Benefactor(s)' ?? - where were these people, who seem to have an endless stash of cash, when they were on the verge of extinction ?. Surely it couldn't be that if they hadintervened then, their 'donations' would've been wasted on the nasty busness of Hearts actually paying their debts/saving jobs & businesses/charities getting their money..................
completely agree.the right thing would be for a court to force the foundation of hearts contributions to repay all the debt that has been wiped clean over the last 30 years.of course that won´t happen.the Hearts establishment won´t let it happen.

This is beautiful. Makes the working day go in a lot better. It’s a delight to read. Their bitterness is my amusement 

Edited by Jambo Hoggie

The_razors_edge
1 hour ago, Le Chat said:

That Broondog is absolutely barking.

Tremendous stuff.

I have a feeling i may know who he is (just a hunch though)

37 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Not being funny, lads but he clearly states he's a Charlton fan in that piece above.

The boy that quoted him in the link is Charlton the other boy the based in Liverpool and doesn't say who he follows. Not that it matters, we are in a good place financially.

Bridge of Djoum
31 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

The boy that quoted him in the link is Charlton the other boy the based in Liverpool and doesn't say who he follows. Not that it matters, we are in a good place financially.

Ah.

Good spot. Apologies.

2 hours ago, Marvin said:

This kinda makes one wish WM succeeded when he tried to take over that pishy tinpot club. To think I wanted them to survive his aborted takeover :jj_facepalm:

No thanks.

Funny as it would have been at the time there is a chance that some of the next generation of inbreds would now be following us.

stranraer-jambo
17 hours ago, FWJ said:

So is our mystery benefactor actually a mystery benefactrix? 

16 hours ago, gerryjambo41 said:

I don’t know it’s a mystery ?

Big Slim Stylee
3 hours ago, marshallschunkychicken said:

Is Broondog the guy with the ‘strong social media presence’?

Indeed it is. I’m guessing his storming campaign didn’t get off the ground mainly because his deluded brethren decided he’s an utter tube.

4 hours ago, Haken said:

The broon HIbs boy - :munny: and :av-1001:

The Kieran fella -in excess of 80% of English money is coming from the broadcasters.  That's great, but it's also a risk.

In the highly unlikely event of me winning Euromillions, I will become another mysterious benefactor.  So, if you hear that someone in Lothian has won the Ems, and this is quickly followed by a few million going in Tynecastle's directions......

Ditto 

but im also filling the corners in.

Dont forget hibs have their own benefactors - sort of.  The proclaimers £100,000 transfer fund.  In just two short years it has raised nearly £3,000.

?????????

WorldChampions1902
27 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Dont forget hibs have their own benefactors - sort of.  The proclaimers £100,000 transfer fund.  In just two short years it has raised nearly £3,000.

?????????

Yet again, the Vermin are conveniently forgetting the significant financial support Tom Hart provided to their club during the 70's which was a significant factor in their 'success' during that period.

haveyouheard 22
40 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

?????????

Wish we had a like button on here 

Thats a Hobo puss shutter, nice one

See the wee team  have also cancelled there lottery