What colour are these trainers?

Ray Gin

31913680-1674233575963557-94321592103862

Yep it's another one of these things.  

:leveinproblem:

Do you see grey and a pale turquoisey colour, or are you tripping balls and see some other radge combination? (apparently lots of people think it's pink and white)

Edited by Ray Gin

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ray Gin

• Morgan

• Dawnrazor

• redjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Smithee said:

Grey and green to me. This is about the concentration of cones in your eyes or something isn't it?

The concentration of acid on your tab IMO.

5 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Over 50% of posters so far have defective eyes, interesting.

It's hilarious too because I assumed you were correct (even though I see pink and white). Put the photo into a graphics program, and sure enough. If you use the eyedropper tool on the "pink" area it gives you a flat grey colour--nothing reddish/pinkish about it at all, and using it on the "white" area gives you a clearly turquoise colour:

image.png.2202ddc7ec6055ed820e2f397738c066.png

Human perception, man. You cannot trust it.

P.S. I'm fairly certain the #1 factor in how you perceive the colours will be the light level in the room you're currently in.

1 minute ago, Justin Z said:

P.S. I'm fairly certain the #1 factor in how you perceive the colours will be the light level in the room you're currently in.

I tried it in daylight, office light and holding my phone under my desk in the dark. Always grey and turquoise. 

Just now, Ray Gin said:

I tried it in daylight, office light and holding my phone under my desk in the dark. Always grey and turquoise. 

I mean, you're obviously superhuman :rolleyes: But for mortals generally, that tends to be. That stupid dress, that happened to me and several other people I talked to--they looked away at a brighter or darker area of the room for a small bit, looked back, and the colours had swapped on them.

1 minute ago, fabienleclerq said:

They're pink and white trainers, the picture is shite and I can see why folk think otherwise!

The colours lifted directly from the image are squares I posted above. Grey and turqoise.

If the trainers in real life are a different colour then the photograph has had it's colours altered.

1 minute ago, fabienleclerq said:

They're pink and white trainers, the picture is shite and I can see why folk think otherwise!

This. I'm so used to editing photos that my mind compensates now for the lighting conditions in the photo - it knows that the trainers are pink and white, just that the photo quality is crap. In saying that, my mind is overruling my eyes, but that's how human sight works so I'm not going to hand myself in to the asylum quite yet.

5 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

It's hilarious too because I assumed you were correct (even though I see pink and white). Put the photo into a graphics program, and sure enough. If you use the eyedropper tool on the "pink" area it gives you a flat grey colour--nothing reddish/pinkish about it at all, and using it on the "white" area gives you a clearly turquoise colour:

Nice research!

fabienleclerq
1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

The colours lifted directly from the image are squares I posted above. Grey and turqoise.

If the trainers in real life are a different colour then the photograph has had it's colours altered.

It looks like it's the light in the picture making it look grey and turquoise. Tbf I seen those colours until I seen the pink and white comment! I think I've seen those trainers in pink but not grey too!!

10 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

I looked up an article on it and read this too. I sat next to the window for a couple of minutes and went back to the article - now one of the pictures looks pink and white, the other still grey and green. Weird that. 

12 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

10 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

I think the screen you view it from makes a difference too.

I see white/grey trainers with the minty green trim.

4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

An experiment: Pink and whiters, what do you see now?

pink-white.jpg

Pink and white but the pink is much more vivid than the original photo. 

Edited by Dawnrazor

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

Totally unchanged from the previous image?

sidebyside.jpg

I see the shoe on the left much more clear "pink and white" than the shoe on the right, it's quite a clear diffirence. 

Just now, Dawnrazor said:

I see the shoe on the left much more clear "pink and white" than the shoe on the right, it's quite a clear diffirence. 

Ah ok. Yeah the one on the left actually is pink and white. Right grey and light turqoise.

4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

sidebyside.jpg

Dusky Pink & White on the left photo, Pale Grey & Pale Turquoise on the right photo.

1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Dusky Pink & White on the left photo, Pale Grey & Pale Turquoise on the right photo.

A+. Go to the top of the class.

44 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

It's interesting - the originals may be pink and white but it appears the technology hasn't recorded it accurately. Paint shows it as grey and green pixels too, and that means that some people are able to see past the shitty technology's shortcomings and "read" the poor lighting to see the original pink and white. 

Now that's weird. Straightaway I thought Pink and White. Read the thread and went back to the top and now I see grey and turquoise. 

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

sidebyside.jpg

I was a grey and minty green guy through and through until this image. Here is see both pink and white with the left image more vivd.

I then scrolled back up to the OP and now that is pink and white too :sob:. Now I feel like my mind is a sham and it lies to me. How do I know what any colour is now? What if my maroon is actually everybody else's green? :sob:

I assumed when people were seeing pink it was in space of the minty green. Now I see its the entire shoe. That's not possible :sob:

Image result for suicide gif window

8 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Now that's weird. Straightaway I thought Pink and White. Read the thread and went back to the top and now I see grey and turquoise. 

Your perception of reality is influenced by other people's suggestions. A scammer's dream. ;)

12 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Red and green?

Your world must be a very vivid one, Dunks. I wish I lived there.

2978046_orig.jpg

Anyone seeing pink and white either needs their eyes tested, or a new monitor/screen.  For the avoidance of any doubt or trolling whatsoever, I've pulled out a sample, at random, and enlarged it for clarity:

148023774_JKBShoe.thumb.png.1777e9a6fab396318d8f6fea2ed7fccd.png

The main body of the shoe is (on average) this colour - https://www.colorhexa.com/878882 - which is described as "Dark grayish yellow."

The sole, laces and pattern are (on average) this colour - https://www.colorhexa.com/a3d0cd - which is described as "Grayish cyan.".

Edited by tian447

10 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Your world must be a very vivid one, Dunks. I wish I lived there.

It is. Always space in my world for the good people red :D

1 minute ago, Dunks said:

It is. Always space in my world for the good people red :D

I'll try and up my game then. :) Hope all is fine in sunny Innerleithen, or wherever you're away working today.

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

I'll try and up my game then. :) Hope all is fine in sunny Innerleithen, or wherever you're away working today.

You're at the serving hatch waiting on a beer :thumbsup:

Aye, working from home today, hence activity on the Where is this? thread :D

16 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Anyone seeing pink and white either needs their eyes tested, or a new monitor/screen.  For the avoidance of any doubt or trolling whatsoever, I've pulled out a sample, at random, and enlarged it for clarity:

148023774_JKBShoe.thumb.png.1777e9a6fab396318d8f6fea2ed7fccd.png

The main body of the shoe is (on average) this colour - https://www.colorhexa.com/878882 - which is described as "Dark grayish yellow."

The sole, laces and pattern are (on average) this colour - https://www.colorhexa.com/a3d0cd - which is described as "Grayish cyan.".

Those colours to the right of the shoe look nothing like it. I am still seeing pink and white. 

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

Those colours to the right of the shoe look nothing like it. I am still seeing pink and white. 

This ^

Picture 1.  Grey and mint green.

Picture 2.  Proper pink and white.

Picture 3.  Pale dusky pink and white.

3 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

This ^

And I have 20/20 vision as recently tested. Infact, the lady said I have the required eye sight to be a RAF fighter pilot. 

If it turns out that the trainers are grey and mint green then it must mean reality is somewhat bent out out shape. 

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

And I have 20/20 vision as recently tested. Infact, the lady said I have the required eye sight to be a RAF fighter pilot. 

If it turns out that the trainers are grey and mint green then it must mean reality is somewhat bent out out shape. 

I have slightly better than 20/20 according to my optician as of August, at best I'd say that the shoe is pale/dusky pink and off white but pink and white is what I see. 

10 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

20/20 refers to the sharpness/focus of your vision, not colour perception.