Has Ben Garrucio....

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Lord Beni of Gorgie

.....shit in BBC Sports Editors kettle?

Hit the post last week, omitted from highlights, blocked 1 on 1 this week omitted from highlights.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Gavsy Van Gaverson said:

It is a real worry isn’t it? 

:cornette:

Not really, just seems strange. I would have thought hitting the post and one on one with the keeper were 2 of the more obvious highlights.

Cant say I've lost sleep over it

20 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Hit the post last week, omitted from highlights, blocked 1 on 1 this week omitted from highlights.

Just good old weegie BBC editing of Hearts games.

Noticed they didn't bother to highlight or comment on our 3 penalty claims on Sportscene either.

He put in some great crosses yesterday and was always available for Haring to play the ball wide too. I thought he was really good and maybe his omission from the highlights will do him and us a favour as he slips under the radar. 

45 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

He put in some great crosses yesterday and was always available for Haring to play the ball wide too. I thought he was really good and maybe his omission from the highlights will do him and us a favour as he slips under the radar. 

I thought he had a reasonable game and he is for me our first choice left back at the moment.  However, the thing that let him down the most was his delivery into the box. He had a lot of opportunities to cross but they were similar balls into areas with little variation. We had a small strike force against a big team and the ball was crying out to be hammered low into the box with pace. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
10 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I thought he had a reasonable game and he is for me our first choice left back at the moment.  However, the thing that let him down the most was his delivery into the box. He had a lot of opportunities to cross but they were similar balls into areas with little variation. We had a small strike force against a big team and the ball was crying out to be hammered low into the box with pace. 

Had one cracking cross right after half time that Lee should've buried but god knows how he missed ball altogether 

WheatfieldWarrior
1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Just good old weegie BBC editing of Hearts games.

Noticed they didn't bother to highlight or comment on our 3 penalty claims on Sportscene either.

I must have imagined the disallowed goal..

31 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

I must have imagined the disallowed goal..

If that is meant to be irony, it's as rusty as an old bucket!!!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Another highlight missed. When MacLean turned his man with a dummy instead of shooting played a fired cutback. Lovely play bad end ball

Sportscene highlights have never been to showcase Scottish football. Only to showcase the Old Firm.

It is really obvious at times. I'm not saying this as someone who thinks it is only Hearts who get pish highlights, it's common theme with other clubs too.

Really sad how shite our game is covered. No reason why the BBC can't do extended highlights, 10 minutes a piece.

It should have been ten
4 hours ago, Gavsy Van Gaverson said:

It is a real worry isn’t it? 

:leveinproblem:

10 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I've just watched Sportscene rather than just the highlights. In the analysis of the game they showed a lot more of the game including Garuccio's chance and a couple of his crosses. Worth watching on iplayer for the analysis which included Michael Stewart actually saying "Craig Levein"! He also pointed out that we played some good football but are lacking a striker; and highlighted that MacLean's goal shouldn't have been disallowed.

5 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

The boys first touch..... 

Messi aspires to be that good. 

Correct.

Some superb control of long passes, usually from Haring, on Saturday.

38 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

Quietly one of our better players. Should be a certain starter.

He is. Not sure why he was subbed off at the weekend aswell. He was our only out ball.

7 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I thought the question was going to be "Has Ben Garrucio made the LB slot his own" and would have to say yes.

The guy has came back really determined after unfairly losing his place against Motherwell at Fir Park.  

Good stuff, has really put pressure on Mitchell.  

50 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

The guy has came back really determined after unfairly losing his place against Motherwell at Fir Park.  

Good stuff, has really put pressure on Mitchell.  

I hope Mitchell never plays LB again (unless we need cover). He useless there. BG is the man for LB. Oor Craig should give Demi a run at Left Mid. 

19 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Not really, just seems strange. I would have thought hitting the post and one on one with the keeper were 2 of the more obvious highlights.

Cant say I've lost sleep over it

Nothing obvious about anything the BBC team say or do, oh wait, shower the old firm with praise,   thats a given.

The Goalscoring Knee
20 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I hope Mitchell never plays LB again (unless we need cover). He useless there. BG is the man for LB. Oor Craig should give Demi a run at Left Mid. 

Have this horrible feeling that there's a clause somewhere in the loan deal that says he only plays LB when he's on the pitch. Can't think of any other reason that it wasn't Lee that was hooked on Saturday for Mitchell and leaving Garrucio where he was.

Unless Levein thought Garuccio was liable to get a second yellow for something

1 minute ago, The Goalscoring Knee said:

Have this horrible feeling that there's a clause somewhere in the loan deal that says he only plays LB when he's on the pitch. Can't think of any other reason that it wasn't Lee that was hooked on Saturday for Mitchell and leaving Garrucio where he was.

He's played at right wing this season remember

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 hours ago, gnasher75 said:

I've just watched Sportscene rather than just the highlights. In the analysis of the game they showed a lot more of the game including Garuccio's chance and a couple of his crosses. Worth watching on iplayer for the analysis which included Michael Stewart actually saying "Craig Levein"! He also pointed out that we played some good football but are lacking a striker; and highlighted that MacLean's goal shouldn't have been disallowed.

Got round to seeing the full programme. Watching online you will now miss half the highlights then! What a load of drivel! Premier Sports to add to the collection of shocking broadcasters now

letsalldothebeattie
21 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Does it surprise you Sportscene cut stuff out the games? For starters they need to fit in as much Celtic and Rangers into the hour its on. Also their has been times in games especially this season where we've had a whole host of chances in a game and come sportscene they've showed the goals and maybe 1 other chance from us. The program is a shambles and until somebody that actually cares about the game up here takes it over and gives it the justice it deserves we will continue to get a crappy product to watch on a sunday night

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Does it surprise you Sportscene cut stuff out the games? For starters they need to fit in as much Celtic and Rangers into the hour its on. Also their has been times in games especially this season where we've had a whole host of chances in a game and come sportscene they've showed the goals and maybe 1 other chance from us. The program is a shambles and until somebody that actually cares about the game up here takes it over and gives it the justice it deserves we will continue to get a crappy product to watch on a sunday night

Not at all. I find the editing strange though even still. They showed the Killie boys shot that went high and wide, but yet Boyds free kick was omitted as well, despite being a good bit closer.

Garuccio hitting the post last week though being totally cut, how can you take that sort of coverage seriously?

letsalldothebeattie
3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Not at all. I find the editing strange though even still. They showed the Killie boys shot that went high and wide, but yet Boyds free kick was omitted as well, despite being a good bit closer.

Garuccio hitting the post last week though being totally cut, how can you take that sort of coverage seriously?

That's why I hardly watch it now. If I catch it I catch it if I don't I don't go out my way to see it 

2 hours ago, The Goalscoring Knee said:

He already played at right-wing/midfield this season.  I think there will be a clause regarding not playing when fit - I suspect if we don't play Mitchell we have to pay some/more of his wages.  I believe that is quite normal for loaning young players (we done it when we loaned King to Billy).

I don't know if that is influencing Levein.  I wouldn't have dropped Garrucio in the first place which has influenced my thinking on how much it influences Levein!

12 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

He is. Not sure why he was subbed off at the weekend aswell. He was our only out ball.

Becuse CL won't paly him and Mitchell in the same team for some reason. I do wish he would stop turning infield so much though because he then puts the ball on his weaker right foot and then invariably has to play the ball sideways or backwards.

In the second half against Killie he was a bit more direct and Haring was finding him is space wide left but he definitely deserves a place in the team.

Edited by wavydavy

The Goalscoring Knee
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

He's played at right wing this season remember

Apologies, I am a plank. My memory's not what it was. :hartley:.

Would like to see him in front of Garrucio for the next couple of games.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, The Goalscoring Knee said:

Apologies, I am a plank. My memory's not what it was. :hartley:.

Would like to see him in front of Garrucio for the next couple of games.

I think it was binned after Livingston match. I would play both though. 

Both will benefit from Berra barking the orders. Jimmy is fabulous but Berra is the guvnor 

The Goalscoring Knee
Just now, Sir Gio said:

I think it was binned after Livingston match. I would play both though. 

I think people are realising that the Livvy match wasn't such an outlier as it seemed at the time.

That's us, Rangers and Celtic they've played and they haven't conceded a goal.

This pish about a clause in the Demi loan deal stipulating that he must play LB keeps cropping up.

He’s played LM against St Mirren (in front of Garuccio) and RM against Livingston.

It’s absolute nonsense, let’s put it to bed.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, The Goalscoring Knee said:

I think people are realising that the Livvy match wasn't such an outlier as it seemed at the time.

That's us, Rangers and Celtic they've played and they haven't conceded a goal.

Also beat Hibs and drew with Kilmarnock. 

On 12/11/2018 at 12:34, Sir Gio said:

I watched Sportscene on Sunday for the first time in years. What a dreadful flagship show for Scottish football.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Zaba said:

This pish about a clause in the Demi loan deal stipulating that he must play LB keeps cropping up.

He’s played LM against St Mirren (in front of Garuccio) and RM against Livingston.

It’s absolute nonsense, let’s put it to bed.

Indeed, it’s just an excuse for CL really. He wants to play one winger and one midfielder in the wide positions in a 442. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed, it’s just an excuse for CL really. He wants to play one winger and one midfielder in the wide positions in a 442. 

To be fair, it has been working for us prior to the ridiculous run of luck, I'd go reason rather than excuse.

However Killie seemed very keen to push us over to the left this past weekend, maybe a bit of a rethink required

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

To be fair, it has been working for us prior to the ridiculous run of luck, I'd go reason rather than excuse.

However Killie seemed very keen to push us over to the left this past weekend, maybe a bit of a rethink required

It has but it’s not working with what’s available and needs to be changed to suit that. Keeping someone with the talent that Mitchell has on the bench is daft when we’re struggling to score. I think the defensive tightness and a bit of weariness led to the space Ben had but he didn’t really do much with it. He’s our best LB though.