Hearts and Hibs both cited for "confrontation" - verdict: no case to answer (updated)

redjambo

33 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:
Andy NewportVerified account @AndyNewportPA
FollowingFollowing @AndyNewportPA
More

Hearts boss Craig Levein responds to notice of complaint over "mass confrontation" during derby clash with Hibs: "I worry about the game when that's seen as a mass confrontation. People think players are robots who can control every emotion going. But the whole idea...

• of team-work is to support your team-mates. When I look at the first situation I don't see anything in it. I see a lot of people going in to break things up and stop a situation arising. In fact, I thought they were helping the referee. If the compliance officer wants to watch...

• some games from the past then maybe she would recognise exactly what a difficult situation that is. But that was nothing. And I really worry if that is what is going to be see as confrontation that's nothing. Just about everyone is trying to keep the peace and trying to help...

• the referee. Just because there is people there doesn't mean it's confrontational. I certainly think those situations could have got out of hand had it not been for the players trying to calm it."

I love that man!!!

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Beast Boy

• MoncurMacdonaldMercer

• Notts1874

avhudtheteeshirt

I loved watching the stand side official, comes running on to get in with the referee then suddenly backs away, I think he was watching what was going on, but it looked cowardly to me???

When you see the incident again, I don't think anyone raised their hands other than to stop a player getting into the melee!!!

The compliance officer is trying to do her job, OK, but even she must see its making a silk purse out of a pigs ear!!!! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/11/2018 at 19:15, Ministry of Football said:

This is becoming utterly rediculous.

You simply can't go about re- refereeing games after the event as the teams who are most on TV or playing in big games will be disproportionately affected.

The SPFL need put back in their box. 

I actually think they can and should. If it discourages diving, ridiculous chaganges, off the ball stuff etc then they should fill their boots....it should however be even handadly applied across every team in the league including the ones from Glasgow.  This is where the problems will start. 

On 08/11/2018 at 13:36, avhudtheteeshirt said:

I loved watching the stand side official, comes running on to get in with the referee then suddenly backs away, I think he was watching what was going on, but it looked cowardly to me???

When you see the incident again, I don't think anyone raised their hands other than to stop a player getting into the melee!!!

The compliance officer is trying to do her job, OK, but even she must see its making a silk purse out of a pigs ear!!!! 

The refs are trained to stay out of it so they can see all the nigglie stuff on the edges. They see much more a few meters away from the incident. It’s not their job to stop the fighting. 

...a bit disco

Notice of Complaint | Heart of Midlothian FC

Tuesday 6 November 2018

Alleged Party in Breach: Heart of Midlothian FC

Match: Heart of Midlothian FC v Hibernian FC

Date: 31 October 2018

Competition: Scottish Premiership

Disciplinary Rules allegedly breached: Disciplinary Rule 204 - Where three or more players and/or members of Team Staff from one team are involved in a confrontation with opposing players and/or members of Team Staff of the opposing team during and/or directly after a match.

Principal hearing date: 10 December 2018

Response date: 03 December 2018

Notice of Complaint | Hibernian FC

Tuesday 6 November 2018

Alleged Party in Breach: Hibernian FC

Match: Heart of Midlothian FC v Hibernian FC

Date: 31 October 2018

Competition: Scottish Premiership

Disciplinary Rules allegedly breached: Disciplinary Rule 204 - Where three or more players and/or members of Team Staff from one team are involved in a confrontation with opposing players and/or members of Team Staff of the opposing team during and/or directly after a match.

Principal hearing date: 10 December 2018

Response date: 03 December 2018

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

sometimes you need to put your hands up and admit you were wrong 

we should be heavily punished for this and will hopefully accept whatever sanctions with the dignity befitting heart of Midlothian 

craig leveins a passionate man buts he's setting a really bad example here

there was a family near me in the wheatfield who were quite upset by the players conduct 

I don't think they would be the only one either

13 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

we should be heavily punished for this and will hopefully accept whatever sanctions with the dignity befitting heart of Midlothian 

there was a family near me in the wheatfield who were quite upset by the players conduct 

:notsure:

25 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

Your taking the piss surely. This has nothing to do with the idiot throwing a coin (for clarity)

If your being serious about the handbags then football Derby’s ain’t for you or that family.

assuming your having a laugh about the patheticness of it though so - high five

Edited by 1971fozzy

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
9 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Your taking the piss surely. This has nothing to do with the idiot throwing a coin (for clarity)

If your being serious about the handbags then football Derby’s ain’t for you or that family.

assuming your having a laugh about the patheticness of it though so - high five

the coin throwing etc is a whole different level and that's not what's being discussed here

we all want to win especially a Derby but the players and levein need to remember they are role models for the families who come to watch and the ones we are attempting to attract

i agree with you and Craig levein it was handbags but we need to realise it's not just about us

afyer the battering the club has taken recently (some more deserved than others) we need to stick our chests out as proud members of the heart of Midlothian family let us be an example for the greater good and accept it with dignity

i would have rather had the 3 points normally but we can still come out of this as genuine winners

:)

The Treasurer
9 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

the coin throwing etc is a whole different level and that's not what's being discussed here

we all want to win especially a Derby but the players and levein need to remember they are role models for the families who come to watch and the ones we are attempting to attract

i agree with you and Craig levein it was handbags but we need to realise it's not just about us

afyer the battering the club has taken recently (some more deserved than others) we need to stick our chests out as proud members of the heart of Midlothian family let us be an example for the greater good and accept it with dignity

i would have rather had the 3 points normally but we can still come out of this as genuine winners

So if I'm reading this right, you want the club to accept any punishment the SPFL see fit for a minor incident that, as has been pointed out, tends to happen week in week out across the country (3 or 4 times during a weegy bigot-fest).

Do you honestly think that fans will be put off going to games because they've seen players standing up for their team mates ?

I've answered your point as if it's genuine one, but I really hope you're just taking the piss

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
20 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

So if I'm reading this right, you want the club to accept any punishment the SPFL see fit for a minor incident that, as has been pointed out, tends to happen week in week out across the country (3 or 4 times during a weegy bigot-fest).

Do you honestly think that fans will be put off going to games because they've seen players standing up for their team mates ?

I've answered your point as if it's genuine one, but I really hope you're just taking the piss

yes accept whatever punishment with dignity 

you and me wont be put off but there isn't enough you and mes to fill tynecastle going forward - therefore mrs b is trying to attract families to take up the slack going forward 

I realise it's anecdotal evidence but the family I observed at the game were quite perturbed by the indiscipline of the players 

again you and me were probably getting animated about it maybe even standing up when it wasn't even a goal but as I said In an earlier post we need to realise it's not just about the likes of us if we are to grow as a club which I think is what we all want

The Treasurer
7 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

yes accept whatever punishment with dignity 

you and me wont be put off but there isn't enough you and mes to fill tynecastle going forward - therefore mrs b is trying to attract families to take up the slack going forward 

I realise it's anecdotal evidence but the family I observed at the game were quite perturbed by the indiscipline of the players 

again you and me were probably getting animated about it maybe even standing up when it wasn't even a goal but as I said In an earlier post we need to realise it's not just about the likes of us if we are to grow as a club which I think is what we all want

When you say "perturbed" what was their reaction

Did they all burst into tears, start screaming or just pack up their travel rugs and leave, vowing never to return.

FYI my nephew took his young son to the game. It was his first derby match and while disappointed at the result, he loved it and can't wait to go back.

I also question why we should accept punishment when we've not committed any crime.

Edited by The Treasurer

10 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

Yeah

I'll take the £100 fine Alloa got which would be a strong message and deterrent 

Though if we get a censure as Edinburgh City got or a suspended fine on good behaviour (£250) Clyde got it would be a similar strong message which hopefully these frightened and upset people could feel is justice for their terrible experiences. 

So you are saying we should just roll over like we do almost every other time the club is sanctioned. There is no club that has had more hassle from the ruling body than Hearts and most of the time we accept it. Rarely do you here the club moan about decisions against us but other managers seem to be able to question every decision against them without any repercussion. We have had so many fines and appeals upheld than any other club I would expect but if you think CLs actions are any worse than Lennons maybe you should just quit before you have a meltdown.

As for the supposed upset family in the Wheatfield being upset by the players I do fear for the future of their children if that upset them. I imagine they have never watched WWE, rugby,ice hockey or other competitive team sport. Also if players are role models surely the play acting and diving in the game has more of an effect on children as it shows them its ok to cheat and lie to get what you want.

If anything I wish our players showed this passion and support for each other more often and also wish the club would fight every decision against us. Football is a passionate game in this country and emotions run high at times so you have to expect sometimes players will have times when they tangle.

I think this is the time you need to put your hand up and admit you are wrong.

These russian bot accounts are getting everywhere now

Holyrood_Hearts

Heavily punished? Are you for real? The incident itself was handbags at worst & is barely worth a fine never mind a sanction. 

I don’t believe for a minute this family story, or you’re a Hearts fan.

11 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

Once was quite amusing. Twice ok.  But constantly postings same crap on every thread because you can't sing your sectarian songs is a bit boring

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Did they all burst into tears, start screaming or just pack up their travel rugs and leave, vowing never to return.

FYI my nephew took his young son to the game. It was his first derby match and while disappointed at the result, he loved it and can't wait to go back.

I also question why we should accept punishment when we've not committed any crime.

i think I agree with you in a lot of ways here but think it comes down to the old chestnut of acceptance of change being difficult

guys like me and you who probably don't want hearts to just roll over to anyone who pitches up at tynecastle by whatever means (just about) need to come to the terms that we are in the process of handing over the baton to the families we are trying to attract - there's a bigger picture to the change (and I don't mean just getting rid of sectarianism etc) I mean acting in a family friendly way

neither the players the manager nor the fans (even the non-numpties) did that

there were no tears I could see but it's was obviously a very awkward/uncomfortable situation for them

if found guilty (whether we are or not) we should accept the punishment as an example to others of respecting authority 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yeah

I'll take the £100 fine Alloa got which would be a strong message and deterrent 

Though if we get a censure as Edinburgh City got or a suspended fine on good behaviour (£250) Clyde got it would be a similar strong message which hopefully these frightened and upset people could feel is justice for their terrible experiences. 

whatever it is - bow our heads accept it and move on - our actions here will pay dividends in the long term

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, jackal said:

So you are saying we should just roll over like we do almost every other time the club is sanctioned. There is no club that has had more hassle from the ruling body than Hearts and most of the time we accept it. Rarely do you here the club moan about decisions against us but other managers seem to be able to question every decision against them without any repercussion. We have had so many fines and appeals upheld than any other club I would expect but if you think CLs actions are any worse than Lennons maybe you should just quit before you have a meltdown.

As for the supposed upset family in the Wheatfield being upset by the players I do fear for the future of their children if that upset them. I imagine they have never watched WWE, rugby,ice hockey or other competitive team sport. Also if players are role models surely the play acting and diving in the game has more of an effect on children as it shows them its ok to cheat and lie to get what you want.

If anything I wish our players showed this passion and support for each other more often and also wish the club would fight every decision against us. Football is a passionate game in this country and emotions run high at times so you have to expect sometimes players will have times when they tangle.

I think this is the time you need to put your hand up and admit you are wrong.

answered in other posts I think

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
17 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Once was quite amusing. Twice ok.  But constantly postings same crap on every thread because you can't sing your sectarian songs is a bit boring

Thats frankly rich coming from a borderline racist

3 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

i think I agree with you in a lot of ways here but think it comes down to the old chestnut of acceptance of change being difficult

guys like me and you who probably don't want hearts to just roll over to anyone who pitches up at tynecastle by whatever means (just about) need to come to the terms that we are in the process of handing over the baton to the families we are trying to attract - there's a bigger picture to the change (and I don't mean just getting rid of sectarianism etc) I mean acting in a family friendly way

there were no tears I could see but it's was obviously a very awkward/uncomfortable situation for them

if found guilty (whether we are or not) we should accept the punishment as an example to others of respecting authority 

:cornette::cornette::cornette:

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
52 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Heavily punished? Are you for real? The incident itself was handbags at worst & is barely worth a fine never mind a sanction. 

I don’t believe for a minute this family story, or you’re a Hearts fan.

not a hearts fan :lol:

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

I took my son to his first derby.

He thought it was absolutely magic!

Loved the aggression, the atmosphere, the pitch invader, the pyrotechnics

The Treasurer
30 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

So if you got found guilty of a crime you didn't commit, you'd happily accept a fine or jail time, just to set an example to others.

Aye ok then.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
12 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

0B3EDAAF-3AED-4D7C-A399-6CAF7D9BDB97.jpeg

40 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

Absolute rubbish, Baton? We’re a football club if we cut out the stupid songs and throwing objects then going forward we’ll attract plenty supporters. Football is a passionate sport and especially derby matches. My lad was hooked after taking him to Easter road to see us beat Hibs (Gary Glen goal in front of away fans). 

Every club will have a few idiots within their support and we’re no different, at least our club is trying to do something about it unlike most others.

2 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

I had both my 8 and 10 year old daughters at the match and they loved it.  My ten year old, in her own polite way, wanted to run on and join in.  Good lass.

Coin throwing, no.  Jesus Christ man, football is a competitive sport and confrontation happens.  Get over it.

2 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

Apologies for butting in to an argument but how can you be " a borderline racist " ? 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, Paul Shark said:

Apologies for butting in to an argument but how can you be " a borderline racist " ? 

Considering the pish he typed before, fairly easily I imagine.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 hours ago, Paul Shark said:

i have no idea Paul I just made that up

it is a completely baseless allegation with not one shred of evidence to back it up

just like the allegation the poster made towards me

4 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

not a hearts fan :lol:

Something we can agree on finally.

Maybe your alter ego will be along shortly to put me right.

17 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

it is a completely baseless allegation with not one shred of evidence to back it up

Pretty much the same as the story you made about the family as well then.

4 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

Glad to hear you’re getting with The Programme :thumb:

5 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

Fair enough, a better answer than I was expecting. ?

12 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

Just seen this.  I have nothing against people from borderline so not sure how I can be racist against them.   However I do have a lot against people bringing their 17th century bigotry to Tynecastle. If that makes me a racist then  yes I am 100%

On 06/11/2018 at 18:06, haveyouheard 22 said:

Disciplinary Tribunal Update | Edinburgh City FC

Friday 2 November 2018

Alleged Party in Breach: Edinburgh City FC

Match: Queens Park FC v Edinburgh City FC

Date: 22 September 2018

Competition: Scottish League Two

Disciplinary Rule allegedly breached: Disciplinary Rule 204 - Where three or more players and/or members of Team Staff from one team are involved in a confrontation with opposing players and/or members of Team Staff of the opposing team during and/or directly after a match.

Principal hearing date: Thursday 1 November 2018

Response date: 4 October 2018

Outcome: Admitted. Censure.

On 06/11/2018 at 18:10, Mikey1874 said:

Alloa got a £100 fine for game v Falkirk

Clyde got a suspended £250 fine

Hawick Royal Albert have a hearing on Nov 22

Hawick Royal Albert have had their hearing this week. £300 fine £150 of which is suspended till end season. Arniston Rangers got same fine. Both admitted charge. 

Though must have been a tasty game. 9 and 7 match bans issued to 2 Hawick players. 

There’s barely been a Hamilton game over the past 3 seasons that their entire team hasn’t acted the hard man and confronted an opposition player. Don’t remember them ever being cited.

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, amadjambo said:

There’s barely been a Hamilton game over the past 3 seasons that their entire team hasn’t acted the hard man and confronted an opposition player. Don’t remember them ever being cited.

I wonder if the CO was watching PSG tonight? She'd be having kittens the number of times they were naughty and confronted anyone and everyone. 

Doctor FinnBarr
On 22/11/2018 at 23:00, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

Please please tell this is a piss take

• 2 weeks later...
...a bit disco

Hearts and Hibs are due to appear before the Scottish FA today to defend themselves against charges of misconduct stemming from October’s Edinburgh derby fixture.

In an ugly goalless draw at Tynecastle, Easter Road manager Neil Lennon was struck with a coin thrown from the Main Stand and Jambos ‘keeper Zdenek Zlamal was the subject of an alleged assault whilst retrieving a ball in front of the away support. However, it was the angry melee sparked by the red card shown to Hibs striker Florian Kamberi that resulted in notices of complaint being served.

The clubs were accused of breaching disciplinary rule 204, where “three or more players and/or members of team staff from one team are involved in a confrontation with opposing players and/or members of team staff of the opposing team during and/or directly after a match”. The case was originally due to be heard last month but was rescheduled for today. It is understood Craig Levein will appear on behalf of Hearts.

Evidence is also expected from derby referee Andrew Dallas, the same official who angered Hearts last midweek with his decision to award St Johnstone a controversial penalty in the 2-2 draw at McDiarmid Park.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-and-hibs-to-appear-before-sfa-following-edinburgh-derby-probe-1-4841657

• redm changed the title to Hearts and Hibs both cited for "confrontation" - verdict: no case to answer (updated)