Scotland Squad

Mikey1874

The Future's Maroon

Good result, the red card destroyed any chance for them (not to exclude the shocking penalty we got).

We done the job and played well, especially fourth goal.

Win midweek and we might have something to look forward too.

Still not happy with Eck being the manager but fairs fair, good resultant congratulations - I do wonder about what team and formation we would have had out had all the tossers not pulled out “injured”.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bridge of Djoum

• Mikey1874

• iantjambo

• EastSideJambo

chester copperpot
53 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Hearts have brought in Balerno HS to do the same thing. So we are a few years behind them but certainly the club seem pretty happy and excited about what it will do.

Great to hear. I always run football academies along the lines of 'if your kid isn't 

Fozzyonthefence

Well that was surprisingly easy.  Christie and Forrest were excellent and for the first time ever Forrest showed his Celtic form in a Scotland shirt.  Great goal from Fraser too.  Unfortunately though, Paterson was honking - easy to see he’s not played RB for about a year, I was hoping he would get a run out up front but with O’Donnell and Tierney out he had to play RB.

Actually enjoyed that. Should have been 5 or 6. Some excellent performances in midfield and great to see Ryan Fraser getting a goal. 

Good result and for all intents and purposes they played well.

Not losing sight of this being against a 10 man Albania side though.

Still do not rate Eck at all as a manager.

Was nice to see some lads looking hungry to play for their country rather than the usual suspects showing up for the sake of their reputation.

rudi must stay
15 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

You can only beat what’s in front of you.

Great result and hopefully a big confidence boost.

Well said. And what was Infront of us was very poor. Let's not get carried away as we always do in Scotland

7 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Well said. And what was Infront of us was very poor. Let's not get carried away as we always do in Scotland

Oh believe me, I’m not getting carried away.

We’re just as likely to put in a shite performance against Israel and get pumped.

25 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

We’re just as likely to put in a shite performance against Israel and get pumped.

Will probably draw and not top the group on a head to head. 

It’s the Scotland way. 

Samuel Camazzola
18 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Gutted. I was genuinely hoping Albania would win.

Ah well, hope Israel destroy Scotland midweek.

I don't believe your gutted. Unless you are an Albanian or Israeli national of course... 

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I don't believe your gutted. Unless you are an Albanian or Israeli national of course... 

Ok, disappointed. 

Very disappointed.

4 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Ok, disappointed. 

Very disappointed.

No you’re not.  The trolling is decent though I’ll give you that. 

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

No you’re not.  The trolling is decent though I’ll give you that. 

I'm serious, I promise I'm not trolling.

I wanted Scotland leathered today.

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

Why?

To further advertise the absolute shambles the national game and It's ''leaders'' are.

I know I'm naive to think that utter embarrassment and ridicule may hasten change. I can but dream.

1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

To further advertise the absolute shambles the national game and It's ''leaders'' are.

I know I'm naive to think that utter embarrassment and ridicule may hasten change. I can but dream.

Fair enough.

I can’t help but support the national team though. As much as I sometimes wish I could just say **** it, I just can’t bring myself to do it.

I’m hoping for another victory against Israel :)

Beat Israel and we're back on track.

Results are important but so is building a team. Getting the right combinations. Hopefully some emerging. 

Bridge of Djoum
8 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Fair enough.

I can’t help but support the national team though. As much as I sometimes wish I could just say **** it, I just can’t bring myself to do it.

I’m hoping for another victory against Israel :)

We've seen France, Spain, Germany, Italy change things when they've suffered ignominy. Not for a second am I comparing talent with these nations, but they took stock and had the vision to see problems, and fix them. Scotland ''leadership''? 'Well, let's try it again, see how it goes, we don't like change''.

It's like Haig's trench tactic in 1916. 

51 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Very weird viewpoint. You don’t want a healthy Scotland team for guys like Souttar to have success in. Strange. 

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Beat Israel and we're back on track.

Results are important but so is building a team. Getting the right combinations. Hopefully some emerging. 

exactly, October was Scotlands lowest point. A win like today with everything clicking, team-mates understanding each other means it can be built on.

In some ways I can understand people wanting us to get beaten to force McLeish removed and the whole system ripped up, but major changes dont happen like that. Remove McLeish after more defeats and you may bring in someone new but you have a seriously demoralised team. Think we have seen some effects of low morale and confidence. But a game like this can be a catalyst for change (unless we mess it up against Israel on Tuesday.) With so many players pulling out it has forced McLeish into a strong team that is balanced and works, and forces those players to form a united strength. Hopefully it continues.

Bridge of Djoum
3 minutes ago, magicTs said:

Very weird viewpoint. You don’t want a healthy Scotland team for guys like Souttar to have success in. Strange. 

Yes! Of course I want that. But under the stewardship we've suffered the last 2 decades, you simply will not get that.

Change from top to bottom is required and you can argue all you wish, the SFA is a jobs for the boys club. Change does not blossom from that set-up.

Have to laugh at some of the posters on here, you really do. The very same guys who can hear absolutely no criticism however well deserved or articulated about Craig Levein yet slaughter Alex McLeish at every turn!!! A guy with absolutely no (yep none!) winners medals and a guy with 21 (yep 21!!!) as both player and manager. You couldn’t even believe the irony unless you read it with your own eyes. He’s also been considerably better for Scotland than Levein was even if he was an uninspiring appointment 2nd time around. And I say this as a supporter of Levein and as someone who wants him to be successful. Hilarious stuff, it really is. 

Edited by magicTs

4 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

We've seen France, Spain, Germany, Italy change things when they've suffered ignominy. Not for a second am I comparing talent with these nations, but they took stock and had the vision to see problems, and fix them. Scotland ''leadership''? 'Well, let's try it again, see how it goes, we don't like change''.

Sorry mate, You have got this wrong here. Good result and performance with the correct formation.

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, magicTs said:

Have to laugh at some of the posters on here, you really do. The very same guys who can hear absolutely no criticism however well deserved or articulated about Craig Levein yet slaughter Alex McLeish at every turn!!! A guy with absolutely no (yep none!) winners medals and a guy with 21 (yep 21!!!) as both player and manager. You couldn’t even believe the irony unless you read it with your own eyes. He’s also been considerably better for Scotland than Levein was even if he was an uninspiring appointment 2nd time around. And I say this as a supporter of Levein and as someone who wants him to be successful. Hilarious stuff, it really is. 

Talk about missing the point.

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Sorry mate, You have got this wrong here. Good result and performance with the correct formation.

I respect your view, mate. I remain unconvinced with the structure of the organization. Scotland have the talent, i really think they do. But a body of people who will not fork out an extra few quid for a progressive, proven manager, (at the level Scotland are at) in favor of McLeish? Nah, I'm not having that.

1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I respect your view, mate. I remain unconvinced with the structure of the organization. Scotland have the talent, i really think they do. But a body of people who will not fork out an extra few quid for a progressive, proven manager, (at the level Scotland are at) in favor of McLeish? Nah, I'm not having that.

All I'm saying is tonight ain't the time to have a dig. We played well

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Notts1874 said:

All I'm saying is tonight ain't the time to have a dig. We played well

Fair enough.

I'll adopt the tactic of waiting for negative results before rising, like a majestic salmon. :whistling:

11 minutes ago, magicTs said:

Results are everything 

8 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Fair enough.

I'll adopt the tactic of waiting for negative results before rising, like a majestic salmon. :whistling:

That's the style fella ??. Works well.

Also.....at least I know what you look like now?...i think.

Guest Paul Allen
1 hour ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

:lol: New York Fleapit. Worst poster on JKB without question! Tragic attempts to bait Scotland which fail each and every time. Guarenteed Hibs fan!! :lol: 

Very good win. Even against minnows which Albania are not, we rarely put them to the sword like that.  Good to see Forrest finally do it in a Scotland shirt, hopefully it loosens him up a bit.

2 minutes ago, Paul Allen said:

:lol: New York Fleapit. Worst poster on JKB without question! Tragic attempts to bait Scotland which fail each and every time. Guarenteed Hibs fan!! :lol:

I know for a fact he isn't a Hibs fan.

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

I think we have quite a few players on form (Forrest, Christie, Fraser, Callum McGregor) who you can build something with, and it looks like they all played very well tonight, I am actually cautiously optimistic

41 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Talk about missing the point.

Not missing any point. Actually making a very factual and succinct one. Your hypocrisy, though you are not alone, is hilarious.

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

to be controversial, you could argue that 1916 forced Haig to learn from mistakes after he followed conventional thinking about war  and brought about change needed to win the war and make the British army a much better and effective fighting force by the end of the war. He embraced new thinking and new technology of war better than armies around him.

As for other countries, I dont think apart from Germany other countries have changed things as much as you think after ignominy. Italy just changed their manager for example. Spain youth academies started to produce (particuarly Barcelona) so Spain just appointed good managers who used those players right. In fact you could argue the ones who did change, the SFA did the same but is relatively soon so real effect cant be seen fully yet. So France created their national academy at Clarefontaine in 1988, 10 years later they won the world cup. The SFA brought in the Performance director role in 2011, the performance schools started in 2012 and only in the last year or so have had graduates from it. So things take time.

Bridge of Djoum
28 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

to be controversial, you could argue that 1916 forced Haig to learn from mistakes after he followed conventional thinking about war  and brought about change needed to win the war and make the British army a much better and effective fighting force by the end of the war. He embraced new thinking and new technology of war better than armies around him.

As for other countries, I dont think apart from Germany other countries have changed things as much as you think after ignominy. Italy just changed their manager for example. Spain youth academies started to produce (particuarly Barcelona) so Spain just appointed good managers who used those players right. In fact you could argue the ones who did change, the SFA did the same but is relatively soon so real effect cant be seen fully yet. So France created their national academy at Clarefontaine in 1988, 10 years later they won the world cup. The SFA brought in the Performance director role in 2011, the performance schools started in 2012 and only in the last year or so have had graduates from it. So things take time.

A proper reply. Thank you. 

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, Paul Allen said:

FFS son. Sit down, you’ll hurt yourself. 

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

That's the style fella ??. Works well.

Also.....at least I know what you look like now?...i think.

It ain’t pretty, right? 

EastSideJambo
4 hours ago, magicTs said:

Big result for McLeish. He has his detractors and ironically some amongst the Hearts support who decry him as a loser fail to recognise he's won 21 trophies as a player and manager whilst at the same time believing Levein to be a winner.......that's fitba eh, couldn't make it up!!!!!

He wouldn't have been my choice as a Scotland manager given foregoing.  That said, he has 21 trophies which is 21 more than ours. Ironic despite being an inferior player imo.  

Funny old world 

Bridge of Djoum
2 hours ago, magicTs said:

Not missing any point. Actually making a very factual and succinct one. Your hypocrisy, though you are not alone, is hilarious.

Could you point me towards my hypocrisy, please?

Bridge of Djoum
23 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

He wouldn't have been my choice as a Scotland manager given foregoing.  That said, he has 21 trophies which is 21 more than ours. Ironic despite being an inferior player imo.  

Funny old world 

Ahh, the thread with zero to do with our manager, and you manage to insert him into it.

Folks, welcome to trolling.

EastSideJambo
2 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Ahh, the thread with zero to do with our manager, and you manage to insert him into it.

Here he is. One of a small select crew 

31 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

The only person trolling on this thread was you......

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, magicTs said:

The only person trolling on this thread was you......

By having the opinion, a backed up opinion, that the leadership in the Scottish national set-up needs revamped?

Hardly a troll, fella. I didn't attack the manager, players or posters with differing opinions. I suggest you read up on the definition of trolling, then read difference of opinion. 

How would you like to see Scottish football develop and progress?

EastSideJambo
6 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

By having the opinion, a backed up opinion, that the leadership in the Scottish national set-up needs revamped?

Hardly a troll, fella. I didn't attack the manager, players or posters with differing opinions. I suggest you read up on the definition of trolling, then read difference of opinion. 

How would you like to see Scottish football develop and progress?

He's right. You look for the poster rather than the post. There are a small core actively at this 

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, EastSideJambo said:

He's right. You look for the poster rather than the post. There are a small core actively at this 

Who did I attack with my opinion? Which particular poster or opinion?

Dear lord, Spencer, lad. You've made a **** of that post.