Scotland Squad

Mikey1874

Captain Sausage
Just now, Samuel Camazzola said:

If we lose tonight, we can still top the group if a victory over Israel betters Israel's win over us. 

:thumbsup:

Effectively tonight is pointless!

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bridge of Djoum

• Mikey1874

• iantjambo

• EastSideJambo

1 minute ago, Captain Sausage said:

Aye, that’ll show him. Knocking in a penalty after doing nothing for 45 minutes against the mighty Albania. 

:cornette:

? “disgrace” ?

Just now, Captain Sausage said:

:thumbsup:

Effectively tonight is pointless!

Avoiding defeat actually means we can’t be relegated. ?

3 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

So, just to get this right (might’ve been covered above), but winning or drawing doesn’t make a difference tonight?

As head to head is above goal difference in deciding league places, we will need to beat Israel as a draw would mean they beat us courtesy of the 2-1 win in Israel. 

Therefore a win or draw won’t make a difference. Either way, with the 3 points on Tuesday, we top the group. However, if we lose tonight, we are out no matter what..

Pretty sure both of these are wrong.

If we get at least a point tonight, then a win against Israel guarantees us top spot. If we lose tonight then we could win on Tuesday and still not qualify as we'd all finish on the same points and could go out on goal difference.

There is also the issue of relegation. Win tonight and no matter what happens on Tuesday we can't be relegated.

2 minutes ago, Bauld said:

I think if we win by 2 or more goals a point will do in our next match?

Even if we win by 2 or more goals we still need to win on Tuesday to top the group. It goes to head-to-head before goal difference and a draw would mean that our head-to-head against Israel will be one draw and one defeat.

Captain Sausage
3 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

From BBC

BBC
  • And beat Israel - Scotland win the group
  • And draw or lose against Israel - Scotland finish second

?

chester copperpot
15 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

One thing I reckon is MacGregor would do well playing in Germany (think RB Leipzig manager said he was a player who they liked but could not afford at his age.) 

You are right what you say, they do have a good set up. What has been crucial is do they use the talent they have. Think Brendon does want to use young players. Mikey Johnson is one they really rate. Saw a new name on the bench recently, Kerr McInroy, seems he is rated as well. Also dont be surprised if Dembele makes his debut before the end of the season as he turns 16 in February.

When Rodgers started at Celtic he got rid of all the young players who wouldn't take a telling. Basically if they were really talented but ****ed about, he wanted them binned.

It seems to have worked as they now have a conveyor belt of talent that are coming through who are committed to their profession. He felt there was too many players at the pro youth level who thought they had already made it. If you go to St Ninians in Kirkintilloch they have such a good set up. A bit like ours but the pro youth players are there an hour before school and an hour (at least) after school every day. They even have a nutritionist giving advice on what the kids have to eat. It's a pretty impressive set up tbh. 

The game is won unless we do something silly. As such we should be killing the game and making sure we don't pick up any injuries - yet we continue with hospital passes in tight areas. 

Albania are humpty - and a man down - keep ball is the name of the game and if we happen to score any more then that's a bonus. 

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, chester copperpot said:

When Rodgers started at Celtic he got rid of all the young players who wouldn't take a telling. Basically if they were really talented but ****ed about, he wanted them binned.

It seems to have worked as they now have a conveyor belt of talent that are coming through who are committed to their profession. He felt there was too many players at the pro youth level who thought they had already made it. If you go to St Ninians in Kirkintilloch they have such a good set up. A bit like ours but the pro youth players are there an hour before school and an hour (at least) after school every day. They even have a nutritionist giving advice on what the kids have to eat. It's a pretty impressive set up tbh. 

Hearts have brought in Balerno HS to do the same thing. So we are a few years behind them but certainly the club seem pretty happy and excited about what it will do.

1 minute ago, skinnybob72 said:

The game is won unless we do something silly. As such we should be killing the game and making sure we don't pick up any injuries - yet we continue with hospital passes in tight areas. 

Albania are humpty - and a man down - keep ball is the name of the game and if we happen to score any more then that's a bonus. 

Make sure Paterson doesn't pick up another booking as well. I'd be tempted to sub him if we get a 3rd.

Samuel Camazzola

That was some build up and deserved a goal for the way it was worked. Unfortunate that Bates didn't have awareness of his positioning. 

4 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Can't believe I'm quite enjoying a Scotland game. Albania are shocking though.

I really enjoyed the first game against Albania. Thought we played well in that game and then it fell apart against Israel, so trying not to get too excited. But winning comfortably away from home isn't really something we are used to.

Looking forward to going along on Tuesday. Can't imagine it will be close to a sell out, but this scoreline might add 5-10k to the crowd.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

I see scotland are playing more attacking. Stick to this please none of this negative defensive stuff-our attacking players in midfield are quality.

Great result for Scottish football. Win on Tuesday which I'm positive we will do then something to look forward to with the play offs against beatable teams. Good stuff. 

2 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

I see scotland are playing more attacking. Stick to this please none of this negative defensive stuff-our attacking players in midfield are quality.

Aye and we'll end up getting sliced open by a postman, played in by the local farmer.

This is great.  The 9 players who chose to stay away can get stuffed.  Get the 3 Hearts players back when they're fit and we'll beat the world.

fabienleclerq

I wouldn't get too carried away, Albania are shocking and we've had about ten years worth of good luck considering its Scotland playing.

I don't think Israel are that good either tbh.

On 16/11/2018 at 09:35, EastSideJambo said:

McLeish could be in shit soup come next mid week as I don't see Scotland winning either of these 2 games 

Big result for McLeish. He has his detractors and ironically some amongst the Hearts support who decry him as a loser fail to recognise he's won 21 trophies as a player and manager whilst at the same time believing Levein to be a winner.......that's fitba eh, couldn't make it up!!!!!

To be honest we are leading four zip BUT that is how it should be they are down to ten for the majority of the game and .... they are total gash I am totally underwhelmed !!!!!!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Changes nothing for me, personally. 

Still don't want McLeish anywhere near us.

Neither do I but he is so you support the team

4 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

To be honest we are leading four zip BUT that is how it should be they are down to ten for the majority of the game and .... they are total gash I am totally underwhelmed !!!!!!!!!!!!

Not just underwhelmed but also disappointed.?

3 minutes ago, ethan14 said:

Neither do I but he is so you support the team

This.

If McLeish wins 5 in a row some fans will be raging, rather than support him.

Are the BBC's match stats anywhere near accurate ? If they are it tell you all you need to know any international side with the states that Albania have would not be losing 4 zip to Scotland... they must be wrong.

12 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Credit to McLeish where it’s due.

This is the best we’ve played in ages.

Some credit to the manager when you win 4-0 away. But worth rememebring that this isn't close to the team or probably formation we would have played if McLesh had his first choices available. We would probably have had the continuing issue of a 5-4-1 with Tierney and Robertson shoehorned into the same team. Same could be said of the first game against Albania when Naismith only joined the squad because of injury. Maybe better to be lucky than good. 

14 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Not just underwhelmed but also disappointed.?

Not disappointed at all but you must be realistic they are a very poor team and we should be gubbing them with ease. My worry as always with Scotland is that we have now suddenly become some sort of  great international football team .

3 minutes ago, Boab said:

Well done, Scotland.

I could put a team together that would beat Albania but, good, we move on !

You can only beat what's put in front of you, as you say we move on.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
4 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Not disappointed at all but you must be realistic they are a very poor team and we should be gubbing them with ease. My worry as always with Scotland is that we have now suddenly become some sort of  great international football team .

They won 4-0 away from home to a team that played at Euro 2016,get over it. 

5 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

NOBODY is saying Scotland are a great international team. People are just enjoying Scotland picking up a rare away win in a competitve game. 

There will defo be some on here hurting after that result and no doubt trying to play it down.