Favourite Day Against Hibs

Cal_

That didn't involve Hearts.

Mine's got to be the Scottish cup semi replay just because it was so drawn out and the style of the penalty that won it for Dunfy, class!

What's everyone else's?

:107years::107years::107years::107years::107years::107years:

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Their League Cup final defeat by Livingston. I was watching it in a pub, which was full of people not watching it, and each time Livi scored I jumped up celebrating loudly. Everyone was looking at me and my then-bird was embarrassed!

Narrative Arc

the game were Dundee Utd relegated them at fester road. i remember sitting in the bath listening to the second half when Olafson scored his second to put them down. tremendous.

the game were Dundee Utd relegated them at fester road. i remember sitting in the bath listening to the second half when Olafson scored his second to put them down. tremendous.

That day for me too. Although the CIS Final v Livi is close.

The day that Dundee Utd put them where they belong.

Then we won the Scottish Cup followed by a gigantic street party the next week.

God, they must have been sick as dogs!

:obscene:

:welldone:

Sergio Garcia

Toss-up between the Livi and Dunfy game.............i think the Livi game just shades it as the house party i was at the night before was full of confident Hobos! But then again Dunfy was the Scottish Cup.............

The Livi game!

Defo the CIS Cup defeat to Livi..... :hobofish:

Although, the defeat to The Pars in the Scottish Cup Semi Replay comes close second.Hahahahahaha!! :biggrin:

merseyjambo

The Wayne Foster game. Outplayed for most of it yet they still couldn't beat us taking it to 21 in a row.

Outwith us, it has to be the United relegation game.

Eddie Fenwick, do you still have the Olaffson Hearts Supporters Club T-Shirt you were sporting at the cup final a couple of weeks later?

They are a joke. Their biggest success would be us selling Tynie and it becoming flats.

They must have been embarrassed beyond belief at the 4-0 semi and when the went down the week before we won in 98.

They are a joke. Their biggest success would be us selling Tynie and it becoming flats.

They must have been embarrassed beyond belief at the 4-0 semi and when the went down the week before we won in 98.

They still are. Every man jack of them.

Althought they will NEVER admit it.

It's just another reason for the bitterness and hatred to continue though and I personally love seeing them spit venom when they are reminded of it.

Some of them will , quite simply , take the pain of that glorious day for HMFC to their graves.

THe final against Livi without a question.

I was in my local pub 'the flattie' in Stromness (Orkney), along with some of my Hibbie mates (one of which was my boss at the time). They had taken bottles of champagne in with them for the celebrations after the game (snigger). I sat at the end of the bar quietly the whole game (well most of it) watching them crumble into their pints. Dave Keldie (Jambo) came in for about 15 mins, I don't think we actually said anything to each other - just smiled and laughed a bit.

After the game the hibbies opened the champagne, claiming that they hadn't brought it in in anticipation of a win, it was just 'taking uo space in their fridge'. Everyone in the pub got a glass except me.

Good times.

Imeantasong

Remember the day well. Came out of Pittodrie and the mood was excellent.

We'd had a great league campaign and the cup final to follow. It dawned on everybody that winning the cup would be brilliant anyway, but even more so that year.

The Livi cup win was brilliant too though.

That's the one for me. Remember it well.... you looked so happy in that bath!

Mine's got to be the Scottish cup semi replay just because it was so drawn out and the style of the penalty that won it for Dunfy, class!

What's everyone else's?

tht got to be it for me too lyk we were out nd they were confident then they get beat haha classical lyk normal eh.

:107years::dribble::107years:;)

Scottish cup semi final 2004/05

hibs were 1 - 0 up with 15 mins to go then dundee utd scored twice in 3 mins to win it :)

Nucky Thompson

When Dundee Utd put them down:D By the time it got to SC final day that year, the panic had totally set in and most of them had booked trips out of the country:) I don't think many of them came back either because it was like they had hibernated that summer:)

Toxteth O'Grady
When Dundee Utd put them down:D By the time it got to SC final day that year, the panic had totally set in and most of them had booked trips out of the country:) I don't think many of them came back either because it was like they had hibernated that summer:)

That's the one Boo:107years:

I was in the Dundee United end the day Utd put them down I think with 2 late goals fantastic. I was also at the game Billy Bremner played keepie-uppy on the goal-line and they wanted a replay because Don Revie was on the pitch when penalties were taken. Plus watching Livi beat them on the TV.

The Ayr Utd wee cup semi.An Ayr player called John Robertson played a major part in a 1/0 defeat for the vermin.:)

There are so many times the Leithers have humiliated themselves that it's difficult to pick just one.

Kjell Olofsson, Works Team diddy cup final, Dunfermline semi final, Dungdeh Hibs semi-final, numerous beatings by wee teams in important games, Interdiddy cup, record defeat in a Scottish Cup final (albeit by their big team sellik :mad:)......I'll have to stop typing as I'm laughing too much. :)

The Old Tolbooth

Perfectly put mate :D

I also immensely enjoyed the CIS cup final against Livi though, funny as hell! :)

I also enjoyed them getting pumped by a bunch of fishermen, waiters and porters in the shape of Vetra Vilnius in the inter factory cup, and losing 5-1 away to Dnipro and taking a right football lesson in the process :D

Oh hells teeth, how could I forget (although I wasn't old enough to actually remember) about them going to Brazil for a 4 team tournament, being humped in every game and finishing bottom of that league too, and then coming back from S America claiming for the next 763 years that they taught Brazil how to play football, oh ma sides!!!! :D :D :D :D

Bunny Munro

Brown chucking two rankers balls through his legs, comedy gold, i only stopped laughing when i saw kurskis in our goals.

Professor.Arturo

Has to be the defeat to Livi :)

BTW, did they ever find the missing 38,000 hobos that got lost on the M8 on the way home?

The Wayne Foster game. Outplayed for most of it yet they still couldn't beat us taking it to 21 in a row.

Outwith us, it has to be the United relegation game.

Eddie Fenwick, do you still have the Olaffson Hearts Supporters Club T-Shirt you were sporting at the cup final a couple of weeks later?

I still have mine with the greeting hobo on the front:107years::107years:

Paisley Jambo
The Ayr Utd wee cup semi.An Ayr player called John Robertson played a major part in a 1/0 defeat for the vermin.:)

I forgot all about that one. It really did spell the end for Sauzee. My favourite has to be the Livi game. I couldn't bring myself to watch it and couldn't believe when I got a text with the result. Also enjoyed the 1-0 home defeat to Stranraer in 1998.:) :) :) :)

The scenario:

Day after a uni mate's 21st in Dumfries

Hangover-enabled, we decide to take in Celtic Hibs in the Weedge

Five-nil to the 'tic

Arf

lost in leith

The home defeat to Stranraer in their last First Division outing was quite amusing. As was their Scottish Cup defeat at Stirling around the same time. And the Scottish Cup defeat at East Fife -

"Oh dear, what can the matter be,

East Fife scored two through Steve Kirk and McCafferty,

Kenny Waugh stuck his head down the lavatory,

Hibees are out of the cup, thank feck" :)

Miller Jambo 60

What's everyone else's?

When East Stirling beat them in the big cup or was it stirling.

Archived