Charlie Mann - GONE

Guest GhostHunter

Guest GhostHunter

http://www.talk107.co.uk/article.php?article=2971

The PR for Vladimir Romanov will no longer be handled by Charlie Mann.

After four years, Weber Shandwick are to cease any involvement with Hearts’ majority shareholder from the end of this month.

Mann’s been involved with Romanov, and the Jambos, since the club reached the group stages of UEFA Cup in 2004.

:eek:

Hans von Luck

After four years, Weber Shandwick are to cease any involvement with Hearts? majority shareholder from the end of this month.

Mann?s been involved with Romanov, and the Jambos, since the club reached the group stages of UEFA Cup in 2004.

Not a bad thing at all IMO :)

Well if their job was to improve PR Vlad should ask for a refund (havin said that, it cannae be an easy job!)

Boaby Ewing

Mann's contract is (was?) directly with Romanov.

While he also works for Weber Shandwick, his dealing's with the Russian mentalist are separate.

Not doubting the story, probably just slopping fact checking on talk107's part -- or my info could be out of date.

PresidentRomanov

Given the public's opinion of him, I would say sacking his PR man was a wise move.

Just seen this on today's Scotsman job's section:

WANTED

PR PUPPET

MUST HAVE NO INTEGRITY AND AN ABILITY TO TELL LIE

SALARY 350K

PLEASE APPLY TO V.ROMANOV at HoMPLC

Geoff Kilpatrick

So when's that meeting going ahead?

My guess is that Weber Shandwick haven't been paid and closed the deal.

Wonder if he'll get his gig back on Radio Glasgow?

Bye, bye Mann(censored), :byebye:

Guest JamboRobbo

After four years, Weber Shandwick are to cease any involvement with Hearts’ majority shareholder from the end of this month.

Mann’s been involved with Romanov, and the Jambos, since the club reached the group stages of UEFA Cup in 2004.

So I wonder who dumped who.

Remember Charlie saying the day he walked away, we should be really worried. Although i think he was just trying to placate people at the time (i.e. If it was really as bad as you think - i'd walk, implying it wasn't so bad....).

Anyway, I wonder if they resigned due to not being happy, or maybe not being paid on time.

Or does Vlad feel they aren't doing a good enough job and fired them....

Guest GhostHunter

Dont you all remember though...

Charlie was quoted, or said on air, that the time to be worried, would be when he (and CO etc) walk.

I believe he's walking (or, Webber Shandwick are), which it has to be said, for a PR company to NOT be able put spin on a situation, makes for a VERY worrying state of affairs.

Hans von Luck
Just seen this on today's Scotsman job's section:

WANTED

PR PUPPET

MUST HAVE NO INTEGRITY AND AN ABILITY TO TELL LIE

SALARY 350K

PLEASE APPLY TO V.ROMANOV at HoMPLC

For ?350k p/a where do I apply. :dribble:

Guest JamboRobbo

Charlie was quoted, or said on air, that the time to be worried, would be when he (and CO etc) walk.

I believe he's walking (or, Webber Shandwick are), which it has to be said, for a PR company to NOT be able put spin on a situation, makes for a VERY worrying state of affairs.

Exactly my thoughts mate, if he has walked. I was at the meeting where he said that at Diggers (as were you I think?).

Maybe we should be asking if he quit or has been fired.

If he's quit and not been fired, it would be interesting to know why.

I hear he is off to work for Gordon Brown, that other Stalinist running up massive debts and dragging great institutions into the gutter, and lying through his teeth every time he opens his mouth.

Hans von Luck

Sorry Dexter but where does it say that Charlie walked.

It looks as though his services are no longer required.

Totaly different things IMO.

The Old Tolbooth
I could see this coming.

Think Ogilvie will be the next to leave.

If that happens it would be the last piece of credibility to walk out the door, what a fakking complete shambles we truly are! :mad:

Guest JamboRobbo

Sorry Hans, but Where does it say that his services are no longer required? :P

I hear he is off to work for Gordon Brown, that other Stalinist running up massive debts and dragging great institutions into the gutter, and lying through his teeth every time he opens his mouth.

That's a bit harsh on Comrade Generalissimo Stalin actually. :mad:

jack D and coke

Kind of annoyed me once or twice but it must be like farting against thunder trying to make positive spin out of the romanov's. Somebody else for the ^^^^ to blame now. I'd rather punch romanov in the puss than ever work for him and take his money.

For ?350k p/a where do I apply. :dribble:

Play your cards right you could be manager in a few months ;)

Surrey Jambo

I hope it's nothing to do with the fact that Weber Shandwick has just been given the CALA Homes contract!

CALA Homes appoints Weber Shandwick for Scotland-wide PR brief

Following a competitive pitch, CALA Homes has appointed Weber Shandwick to handle its Scotland-wide house building consumer and corporate public relations brief.

The contract will be managed from Weber Shandwick's offices in Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen. The consultancy will work closely with each of CALA's three regional sales and marketing offices, and report to CALA Homes chairman Gerry More.

Nora Senior, Managing Director of Weber Shandwick in Scotland said: "This is a great account for Weber Shandwick to win, and is a natural fit for our existing property practice in Scotland. CALA is a highly regarded, recognised brand across Scotland and the UK. It is now our job to make sure the brand maintains and improves its high profile in a tough and competitive marketplace."

Gerry More said: "Scotland is an expanding business for us with a huge range of exciting projects both on the ground and in the development pipeline. We want to expand our public relations and media activity to reflect the scale of ambition of CALA Homes ? and Weber Shandwick is the right company to deliver this."

http://www.webershandwick.co.uk/homepage-sections/what-we-are-up-to/243

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'm not overtly worried. Mann(censored) had failed to make Vlad credible due to Vlad's own stupidity. There's no point having PR to spin excuses for constantly making mistakes. In addition, fans want action not words so PR is meaningless guff.

Can I be the first to mention the words "confidentiality clause"? :rolleyes:

Guest GhostHunter

They are different.....hence the "I believe" bit :D

Guest GhostHunter
I hope it's nothing to do with the fact that Weber Shandwick has just been given the CALA Homes contract!

CALA Homes appoints Weber Shandwick for Scotland-wide PR brief

Following a competitive pitch, CALA Homes has appointed Weber Shandwick to handle its Scotland-wide house building consumer and corporate public relations brief.

The contract will be managed from Weber Shandwick's offices in Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen. The consultancy will work closely with each of CALA's three regional sales and marketing offices, and report to CALA Homes chairman Gerry More.

Nora Senior, Managing Director of Weber Shandwick in Scotland said: "This is a great account for Weber Shandwick to win, and is a natural fit for our existing property practice in Scotland. CALA is a highly regarded, recognised brand across Scotland and the UK. It is now our job to make sure the brand maintains and improves its high profile in a tough and competitive marketplace."

Gerry More said: "Scotland is an expanding business for us with a huge range of exciting projects both on the ground and in the development pipeline. We want to expand our public relations and media activity to reflect the scale of ambition of CALA Homes ? and Weber Shandwick is the right company to deliver this."

http://www.webershandwick.co.uk/homepage-sections/what-we-are-up-to/243

Ironic or what :wacko:

Now this is an interesting but in my opinion worrying development (despite my views on Mann). If Campbell Ogilvie goes shortly then the alarm bells will be really ringing.

When the Mcghee appointment did not materialise I was told that Mann and Ogilvie inparticular were absolutely raging with the way Romaknob had handled it after they had courted him for months. I suspect the path the 'managerial search' has now taken is the final straw for Mann. It is very possible other's will now follow knowing full well that they will be the one's in the firing line in a few weeks time whilst Romaknob will not be seen at Tyncastle for months on end.

This could turn out to be a pivotal day.

Hans von Luck
Sorry Hans, but Where does it say that his services are no longer required? :P

Agreed mind you were is the offical club statement :rolleyes:

Oops no one left to issue it on Vlads behalf.

After four years, Weber Shandwick are to cease any involvement with Hearts? majority shareholder from the end of this month.

Mann?s been involved with Romanov, and the Jambos, since the club reached the group stages of UEFA Cup in 2004.

Who needs Charlie Mann when we've still got Charlie Brown....:cool::rolleyes:

...just waiting to hear that Max Clifford's been appointed.

The first we'll hear about it will be when the story's leaked about Vlad running off to marry Kylie :P

Geoff Kilpatrick
Now this is an interesting but in my opinion worrying development (despite my views on Mann). If Campbell Ogilvie goes shortly then the alarm bells will be really ringing.

When the Mcghee appointment did not materialise I was told that Mann and Ogilvie inparticular were absolutely raging with the way Romaknob had handled it after they had courted him for months. I suspect the path the 'managerial search' has now taken is the final straw for Mann. It is very possible other's will now follow knowing full well that they will be the one's in the firing line in a few weeks time whilst Romaknob will not be seen at Tyncastle for months on end.

This could turn out to be a pivotal day.

If it is, it would be the greatest irony of all that it took a windbag who isn't even employed by the club to make it a pivotal day.

Surrey Jambo
Ironic or what :wacko:

Hopefully just ironic. I was worrying more in terms of larger client and avoidance of conflict of interest issues. That's worst case scenario from a gloom and doom merchant's viewpoint.

To be honest, I don't really think it matters all that much if he walked or if the contract was cancelled from the Hearts end, although admittedly it would be interesting to know...

The main point is that it removes one more channel of communication and that's a bad thing. A bad bad thing. I'm worried by this. I can't think of one positive reason for it happening and the worst thing of all is that we'll probably never know anyway. The club won't be forthcoming with that sort of information and Charlie/Weber are likely to be restricted by a confidentiality clause. Argh.

Will Mann be under any obligation to keep quiet ? Could be explosive stuff if he decides to talk.

Chad Sexington

If Mann has walked because he can no longer defend Romanov's carry on then we truly are screwed.

Geoff Kilpatrick
That in bold suggests, to me anyway, that it is WS's decision to end their relationship with VR.

And my guess is that it's because Vlad stopped paying them. Said as much weeks ago.

If it is, it would be the greatest irony of all that it took a windbag who isn't even employed by the club to make it a pivotal day.

Agreed. Who knows it may be the thing that ends up uniting the fans and helping some finally realise that we are being taken for mugs.

That in bold suggests, to me anyway, that it is WS's decision to end their relationship with VR.

Yes, it does.

Sounds like for some reason, they can no longer continue to represent Romanov.

Guest GhostHunter

..Severely Restricted.

Advice Falling on Deaf Ears....

^ is what I'm hearing...(not strictly speaking CM related)

Not good.

Not good at all.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Will Mann be under any obligation to keep quiet ? Could be explosive stuff if he decides to talk.

To be fair, it would hardly be professional for a PR guy to talk about his client after the contract ended. I would guess too that there is probably some clause in the contract to prevent this.

Glamorgan Jambo

Can I be the first to call him Charlie Mhann.

It wouldn't surprise me if he shows up at 'thellicfitbawclub' shortly.

;)

PS Hope he has the scruples to stand up and tell it like it is.

The Mighty Thor
..Severely Restricted.

Advice Falling on Deaf Ears....

^ is what I'm hearing...(not strictly speaking CM related)

Not good.

Not good at all.

Not good. Not unexpected.

The end game is upon us.

Where does it say that they were sacked. Mann always tried to put a brave face on many of the issues at Tynecastle (not always successfully) and the reason they are parting will be interesting.

Probably more professional than legal obligation. He'd be daft to spout his mouth of regardless of what has happened.

We'll have to wait for the autobiography in 20 years...

Archived