Top until the winter break? ( merged )

gnasher75

Just now, cyprusjambo said:

Yes another guy that's clever and passionate about Hearts and upset when avoidable things de-rail us.

You're not clever mate, not sure Michael Stewart is either.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cyprusjambo

• Thomaso

• The Future's Maroon

• Hearts_fan

portobellojambo1
On 11/11/2018 at 21:05, cyprusjambo said:

The sad fact is that out of the top 8 clubs in the league, we have the worst manager...

1. Rodgers

2. Mcinnes

3. Clarke

4. Lennon

5. Wright

6. Holt

7. Gerrard

8. Levein

Any arguments? A couple of spots could be swapped a touch but wouldnt change number 8 and would swap managers with any of the other 7 I am afraid

Imagine making all the hoo haa to play at Murrayfiled. Selling 30,000 tickets and then playing frustrating football at a pedestrian pace. Celtic were bricking it that day and needed attacked. If we had scored early on they may well have folded completely (similair to 4-0 at Tynie). Naismith injury did kill it but that was his tactics regardless

He got it wrong that day and vs Hibs (played 4-6-0) then lambs to slaughter at Celtic Park then a home defeat to Killie with awful strikers who he woudn't change 

Believe me I like the guy and want him to do well but this is the reality folks...

HHGH

I'm one of those who fully understands that on this site opinions will differ, and people are entitled to their opinion, whatever said opinion might be. In the end it is words on a message board, which will never change how the planet revolves. However, I'm struggling to understand what you say about Naismith having to leave the field against Celtic being down to the tactics employed. You then go on to say in the follow up games we played with strikers who we wouldn't change. I am struggling with these comments. The way we lined up versus Celtic at Murrayfield played absolutely no part in the injury Naismith suffered. We have had to look at who could do what after the injury to Uche Ikpeazu, and the injuries to both Christophe Berra and John Souttar, then Naismith was lost as well. We weren't losing young kids learning their trade, it was very important members of the side. The manager wasn't responsible for their injuries, and I'd guess he also didn't expect/predict he would lose so much experience in important places in such quick succession. Of course it is disappointing to see the team playing so differently recently, given how successful the way we were playing had been in the early round of matches. But so well did we play in those opening fixtures that we haven't plummeted down the league. You mention Rangers could go above us, as they have a game in hand. However, they are due at Tynecastle in very early December and if we can get a victory that game in hand is negated. We just have to hope that we can stay as close as we can to the top until the break kicks in. We will then have an additional striker on board, can possibly buy in one or two for positions where the injuries have shown some additional experience is needed, and those out will be coming back.

Last season I was critical of Craig Levein, not because I dislike him but because of the way we played in many games. This season, with some additions I was enjoying the way we were playing. However, I don't see the change in the way we are playing as being down to the manager, it is down to something he had no control over, and that was the loss of so many senior players in important positions at the times we did.

The Future's Maroon
1 hour ago, cyprusjambo said:

Rangers are above us if game in hand won. They won their last game 7-1... 

You still had Gerrard as a better manager (that’s before I start on others), he has been a manager two mins but makes him better?

You disappear for over a week only to reappear, on a Friday night, and try to carry on your anti Levein agenda.

I will give you decency of apologising if I’m wrong, but for me, you are at it.

Is this site not about opinion's. This was mine., sorry if anyone sees as trolling.. Ask Michael Stewart. He believes the exact same and has said it at various stages

You said it was fact. This place can be about opinions and facts. In your opinion how did you make these managers placing? I’m just a little unsure as to how what you’re basing it on, why in your opinion, have you placed gerrard, Holt, Wright above Levein in regards to management. 

Rangers are above us if game in hand won. They won their last game 7-1... 

So that makes gerrard a better manager? By that theory he’s better than Macinnes, Wright, Clarke and Lennon? Because 12 games in he’s above them? Wow