Hartley or Cameron?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Hartley or Cameron?

• Hartley
    • Cameron
    • other

Bert Le Clos

Hartley or Cameron?

Two of the best attacking midfielders of the modern era for Hearts. Similar in some respects, different in others. Both created lots, although I'd say Cameron was the more stylish of the two.

Hartley was more of a driving force, creating things with runs rather than passes. Both excellent penalty takers.

I'd go for Cameron, just. Always felt Hartley was only a challenge or a comment away from a red crad.

We_are_the_Hearts
Hartley or Cameron?

Two of the best attacking midfielders of the modern era for Hearts. Similar in some respects, different in others. Both created lots, although I'd say Cameron was the more stylish of the two.

Hartley was more of a driving force, creating things with runs rather than passes. Both excellent penalty takers.

I'd go for Cameron, just. Always felt Hartley was only a challenge or a comment away from a red crad.

You not got them back to front? Cameron was the driving force and Hartley was the more stylish. Effectiveness.......................Cameron every time:)

Hartley or Cameron?

I'm totally bias but got to say Colin for me. Hartley was immense and he gave me the best day in my jambo life at hampden a fews ago.

Bert Le Clos
You not got them back to front? Cameron was the driving force and Hartley was the more stylish. Effectiveness.......................Cameron every time:)

Guess it's just opinion, I always thought Cameron was the more classy player. Hartley would run himself into the ground and that was part of what made him so effective.

The Old Tolbooth

What a complete bitch of a question! I narrowly opted for Cameron, but it wasn't easy.

Mickey for me. Hartley was great, but thought the wee man had more football about him. Both 100% every game kinda guys though.

Mickey was helped alot by Baggio and Salvatori too, Salva allowed him to get forward and Fults picked out his runs

hearts_crazy

Paul Hartley = poor man's Colin Cameron.

What I wouldn't give for 11 players with Colin Cameron's attitude BTW. When he was tackled he would chase the player around the park all day until he got the ball back. Some of our lazy winkers should be forced to watch old videos of Colin Cameron.

Much as I liked Hartley (and loved him for 'that' hat-trick), my vote is for Mickey without a moment's hesitation.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Paul Hartley = poor man's Colin Cameron.

What I wouldn't give for 11 players with Colin Cameron's attitude BTW. When he was tackled he would chase the player around the park all day until he got the ball back. Some of our lazy winkers should be forced to watch old videos of Colin Cameron.

Spot on.

Of all the players that left post cup final, Cameron was the only one who put me close to tears. I was gutted when he left.

Fat Striker
Spot on.

Of all the players that left post cup final, Cameron was the only one who put me close to tears. I was gutted when he left.

Me too.

Last player I've 'mourned'.

Definitely a toughie. Neither were the biggest on the park.

Both ran for miles during a match and it was not headless chicken, ever decreasing circles running but with purpose. Both could read a game, intercept passes and break with pace directly at the defense putting them on the back foot and creating space for others. Even when having off games they rarely hid.

Agonised over the decision but Cameron by a whisker if only because he was instrumental in me seeing my first Hearts Scottish cup win.

Malcolm Tucker

Agonized over it, but Hartley for me!

That Hat-trick, that penalty, all those goals against Hibs and the celebrations that followed, that spirit and that love he had for this club (not saying Cameron didn't have that love obviously!).

Paul Hartley IS a legend.

tommythejambo

Hard one to call.

Hartley was more my time so voted for him.

Both were very good players for Hearts. For most of Cameron's time at Hearts I was pretty young so was probably more able to judge Hartley, so I've voted for him.

Piece of useless trivia # 1 for today : My wee cousin was born in July 1998 and is called Cameron after Colin Cameron.

Edit : How can there be an "other" option in a poll out of who was better between Hartley and Cameron? :laugh:

jambos are go!

I went for Harltey but neither can measure up to the genius that was Steve Fulton. Best Hearts midfileder since the 1960s

Archived