Zlamal at penalties

davie1980

The guy is our Number 1 and only human.. 

All keepers move of their line before the taker pings the ball. 

Let's all get right behind him on Wednesday. (and the other 10 on the pitch, obviously) 

Bring on the filth.... 

HHGH FTh

16 hours ago, H2 said:

Apology accepted.

I never made any comments about "he never made it blatantly obvious....." , so I can't be right on that point.

So you were just being a pedant then?

Am I just to accept that our goalkeeper likes to basically abdicate his duties during penalties, because you demonstrated that his hand hadn't quite touched the floor yet, when Sinclair was making his choiuce as to where he put the ball

19 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Two big games two big mistakes that cost us goals. He did make a great save from Sinclair in the first half but maybe he needs a wee rest although having said that I have no idea how good or bad Doyle is.

You should be glad you missed Doyle's only appearance against a semi-decent side when he played against Ross County for the Colts. Nothing to inspire confidence. Bobby's been important for us and deserves to stay in the team. Yes, his mistake pretty much cost us the game on Sunday, but he also kept it from getting embarrassing.

Selkirkhmfc1874
32 minutes ago, JamboJen said:

You should be glad you missed Doyle's only appearance against a semi-decent side when he played against Ross County for the Colts. Nothing to inspire confidence. Bobby's been important for us and deserves to stay in the team. Yes, his mistake pretty much cost us the game on Sunday, but he also kept it from getting embarrassing.

Agree! Rousset made horrific mistake in a cup final and went onto become a cup winning legend in next again final, unfortunately mistakes happen but he's been outstanding for us 

2 hours ago, JamboJen said:

You are making the assumption that no other keeper would/could have made the saves he made second half. Not sure that’s the case 

I also think other keepers might have done better with their third goal. Using their right hand for instance. 

57 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

You are making the assumption that no other keeper would/could have made the saves he made second half. Not sure that’s the case 

I also think other keepers might have done better with their third goal. Using their right hand for instance. 

No I'm saying he's done more than enough in his time so far this season to not be dropped right now. What a strange leap.

Edited by JamboJen

29 minutes ago, JamboJen said:

No I'm saying he's done more than enough in his time so far this season to not be dropped right now. What a strange leap.

Not at all. I agree he has made several very good saves this season. Most keepers do. I have not seen anything to suggest he is much better than most other keepers. In fact I think he is a downgrade on last season. He has made two huge howlers though in the two big games we have played this season which is worrying. I’m praying tomorrow  night isn’t his hat-trick. Certainly think he is on last chance. We didn’t sign Doyle to warm the bench. 

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

That’s the way they’re trained now. It’s apparently to give the most reach.

Bobby made some cracking saves on Sunday and tbh he wasn’t to blame for the other two goals. I’d be more inclined to blame Morrison for the 3rd, he completely shat out of charging the ball down and turned his back that’s much more annoying. 

4 hours ago, JamboJen said:

Well as I said I have never seen Doyle in action so hopefully Bobby can recover from his error and put it behind him. Big test for him tomorrow.

On 29/10/2018 at 08:04, soonbe110 said:

Threw one in the net at Ibrox, yesterday was hardly his first howler. 

Doyle threw one in while playing for the reserves under no pressure whatsoever. What would he be like playing in a televised SF with 61,000 fans in the stadium? 

Your move. 

3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Not at all. I agree he has made several very good saves this season. Most keepers do. I have not seen anything to suggest he is much better than most other keepers. In fact I think he is a downgrade on last season. He has made two huge howlers though in the two big games we have played this season which is worrying. I’m praying tomorrow  night isn’t his hat-trick. Certainly think he is on last chance. We didn’t sign Doyle to warm the bench. 

The game I watched with Doyle he was utter garbage and made a howler.

I'd rather stick with Bobby.

1 hour ago, iainmac said:

Doyle threw one in while playing for the reserves under no pressure whatsoever. What would he be like playing in a televised SF with 61,000 fans in the stadium? 

Your move. 

None of us have seen him in the flesh in a top team match, as I said. He was a current internationalist when we signed him so there must be something there. I have never said he is better than Bobby. My comments are all based on bobby’s errors in big games. Hope I’m wrong but I have had a suspicion about his temperament/attitude since first time I saw him at Methil and it hasn’t changed.  Jamie Mac Mark 2, great shot stopper but ball doesn’t stick. 

jordan the jambo

Its being very harsh on a goalkeeper not saving penalties as its clearly a difficult thing to do and always favours the striker, however every penalty we have conceded he has not even went the right way never mind getting close to it. Whether that is because he commits too early or not but it should be something to be worked on.

Naismith has missed two penalties.should he be dropped for losing us points v livvy? McLaughlin was a superb keeper and I thought we,d really struggle to replace him but Bobby is good enough for me.

I sometimes think keepers who make really good saves often get hassle for not holding the ball when in reality the 'holders' wouldn't have got near enough to stop the shot.

Banks was like that for me, good solid keeper who did the basics really, really well but rarely got anything on the more difficult to reach ones.

Doesn't excuse the two howlers from Bobby but it happens. He's been great otherwise and saved a few I don't think Jon Mcglaughlin would have kept out.