We need Donald Ford on the board - NOW

Corrie Jambo

Corrie Jambo

There was a thread recently entitled "Leslie Deans" that mentioned that many who had spoken out in the past have beeen silent.

I have listened to Radio Clyde sports this morning and they declared that the former Hearts legend Donald Ford described what was going on at Tynecastle as a "shambles".

We need to do something and stop sitting back and letting Romanov do whatever he wants.

We need Scottish and Hearts representation on the board.

How do we start a campaign to get Donald Ford voted onto the board?

It would be in everyones interest.

FORD FOR BOARD

Guest jambomickey

well done donald ford! now lets hear what gary mackay,leslie deans,the mc grails,derek watson and john borthwick have to say about our current situation.

Donald Ford has spoken to the Daily Record this morning saying how embarrassed he is with the running of our club and even contemplating relegation for us next season!? I say well done Donald as this "Stubborn lunatic" is getting away with it all too easy!! Hope more Hearts figures see this and follow suit,it might get the lunatic to get things sorted out pronto!!

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football-news/scottish-football/spl-football/hearts-fc/2008/06/25/i-fear-hearts-will-be-fighting-relegation-next-term-warns-donald-ford-86908-20620220/

Guest GhostHunter
Donald Ford has spoken to the Daily Record this morning saying how embarrassed he is with the running of our club and even contemplating relegation for us next season!? I say well done Donald as this "Stubborn lunatic" is getting away with it all too easy!! Hope more Hearts figures see this and follow suit,it might get the lunatic to get things sorted out pronto!!

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football-news/scottish-football/spl-football/hearts-fc/2008/06/25/i-fear-hearts-will-be-fighting-relegation-next-term-warns-donald-ford-86908-20620220/

Conversely, it could make him dig his heels in even further.

There was a thread recently entitled "Leslie Deans" that mentioned that many who had spoken out in the past have beeen silent.

I have listened to Radio Clyde sports this morning and they declared that the former Hearts legend Donald Ford described what was going on at Tynecastle as a "shambles".

We need to do something and stop sitting back and letting Romanov do whatever he wants.

FORD FOR BOARD

Not so sure that would be a good idea. Directors are bound by confidentiality and collective responsibility so he certainly would not be able to go and give interviews to the Daily Ranger. Safe to assume that DF would not be happy with the way the club is run - but do we really need conflict (open war) in the boardroom? Shareholders have the power - and everyone knows who they are.

FORD FOR BOARD

He is not alone in calling Hearts a shambles but what makes you think Romanov would allow a Scottish ex Hearts player on the board. Romanov riuns the club his way.

The Mighty Thor

Is that possible? He's hardly been Mr pro-active at any point in the last 30 months.

What will he do to dig his heels in further? Not appoint a manager? Bring over more 'talent' from the pyramid? Not build the stand?

er hang on a minute.....................

Guest JamboRobbo

In which case, the sooner Vlad sells up the better.

Does that mean we should just shut up and let the big bully have all his own way.

Lets face it he cant dig his heals in any further unless he was standing in quick sand.

Donald Ford is exactly the type of man who should be on the board of HMFC.

And its also the reason he's not.

WHAT! Vlad putting an accountant on the board that just so happens to be a Hearts man.

Now that would make me believe

WHAT! Vlad putting an accountant on the board that just so happens to be a Hearts man.

DF doesn't tick any of Romanob's boxes.

He's an intelligent man with a mind of his own.

What Vlad wants are lithuanian yes-men who will always vote in his favour and tell him he's doing a wonderful job.

Colonel Kurtz

Romanov would not want an ex accountant on the board for the same reason he wanted rid of Tom Purdie an ex policeman.

Have mentioned this a couple of times on the board recently, but Wallace Mercer puts down in Heart to Heart: Anatomy of a Football Club what the Board of directors should be doing. Not rubber stamping decisions made by an autocrat, but involvement in decisionmaking by people of independent mind.

There are so many ways in which VR should copy the Mercer management style.

I knew this board was run by Vlad sheep. :mad:

Not so sure that would be a good idea. Directors are bound by confidentiality and collective responsibility so he certainly would not be able to go and give interviews to the Daily Ranger. Safe to assume that DF would not be happy with the way the club is run - but do we really need conflict (open war) in the boardroom? Shareholders have the power - and everyone knows who they are.

Correct, and even if he were on the Board, he would be outvoted by 4:1.

Selling the club is not an option because a basic fact of business is that to sell you need to have a buyer. None, except VR, came forward when CPR was around so.....................unless someone knows something.

Correct, and even if he were on the Board, he would be outvoted by 4:1.

Selling the club is not an option because a basic fact of business is that to sell you need to have a buyer. None, except VR, came forward when CPR was around so.....................unless someone knows something.

What's your opinion on what Donald Ford is quoted as saying in the Daily Record article linked above?

Do you agree or disagree with his opinions?

PresidentRomanov

Donald Ford - or anyone else for that matter - would be crazy to get involved.

The "supporters" would soon turn on them, just as they've turned on everyone else who's involved with the club.

Same goes for any prospective buyers, the only certainty is, the fickle Hearts support will turn on them at some point, just as they've done with every owner the club's had in my lifetime.

Donald Ford - or anyone else for that matter - would be crazy to get involved.

The "supporters" would soon turn on them, just as they've turned on everyone else who's involved with the club.

Same goes for any prospective buyers, the only certainty is, the fickle Hearts support will turn on them at some point, just as they've done with every owner the club's had in my lifetime.

What's with the "they've" bum,not a Hearts supporter anymore?

PresidentRomanov
What's with the "they've" bum,not a Hearts supporter anymore?

Not a fickle one, no - never have been :)

Not a fickle one, no - never have been :)

No your right,never ever fickle at all,except when it comes to your fellow supporters.

Guest GhostHunter
I knew this board was run by Vlad sheep. :mad:

And you deduced that from that one post ?

Wow.

I'm impressed.

Mon The Vlad.

PresidentRomanov
No your right,never ever fickle at all,except when it comes to your fellow supporters.

I hope you're not including yourself as a fellow supporter :eek:

Myself and my fellow supporters will be back in our usual seats next season, supporting the club, and no - I won't be fickle with them :)

Myself and my fellow supporters will be back in our usual seats next season, supporting the club, and no - I won't be fickle with them :)

Aw that nice,but I bet that is another load of BS.

What's your opinion on what Donald Ford is quoted as saying in the Daily Record article linked above?

Do you agree or disagree with his opinions?

DF is quite right to voice his opinion if that's the way he sees it. I neither agree nor disagree because I don't have enough background info.

The way I see it is this

1) We seemed to put all our eggs in one basket with McGhee whom (except maybe for short term stability) I would never have wanted in the first place. Was Ogilvie to blame or VR or nobody? I don't know.

2) We seem to have been active since, pursuing one man and if he has been stalling I think VR should have pulled the plug last Tuesday. I don't think Thor was ever a serious contender because he made himself available and no move was made. The Lith would only come into play as a last resort but if this was the plan all along I would feel cheated.

3) I think and hope (if Weiss doesn't have good reason to delay) that we are active right now pursuing a manager and, depending on wages, Santini seems a good and available option but others have been mentioned like Ramon Diaz (don't know enough about him) and Ketsbaia both of whom have British experience.

As I said I don't have enough background info to make a meaningful call because of the lack of news from the club which I think is justified. If they do give the gig to Frail (please no) I hope they remove the caretaker tag and back him with players, additional coaches and of course a bit more authority to decide who comes but more importantly who goes.

Guest jambomickey

we all support heart of midlothian football club but we don't all support the lying paranoid regime

Guest JamboRobbo
I won't be fickle with them :)

Aye, you'd never decide to not bother going to the last few games of the season cause they were "meaningless" eh. :P

PresidentRomanov
Aye, you'd never decide to not bother going to the last few games of the season cause they were "meaningless" eh. :P

I attended every home game after the split, so no, I'd never decide that.

I also intended going to Robbies game, until the slitherer stuck his oar in :mad:

Guest JamboRobbo
I attended every home game after the split, so no, I'd never decide that.

I seem to remember us playing away games after the split also.

Real supporters don't stop going just because we're not playing well and they decide the game is "meaningless".

PresidentRomanov
I seem to remember us playing away games after the split also.

Real supporters don't stop going just because we're not playing well and they decide the game is "meaningless".

I never went to the away games after the split.

I had an away season ticket last year though, real supporters don't give them up, just because the team doeasn't do as well as they'd hoped one year ;)

Guest JamboRobbo
I never went to the away games after the split.

I had an away season ticket last year though, real supporters don't give them up, just because the team doeasn't do as well as they'd hoped one year ;)

So to summarise, you had an away ST, but you didn't bother going to the away games after the split cause the games were "meaningless."

And you're on here accusing others of being fickle, and putting yourself accross as one of the minority of real supporters?

:confused:

You might be right Dex, but when the supporters stop showing up to buy tickets for the circus perhaps he may become a little more willing to listen.

PresidentRomanov
So to summarise, you had an away ST, but you didn't bother going to the away games after the split cause the games were 2meaningless."

And you're on here accusing others of being fickle, and putting yourself accross as one of the minority of real supporters?

:confused:

I had little interest in the games, so yes.

For what it's worth, I don't think you're a fickle supporter, just an extremely hard to please one, who likes to score points, and always be right, on the internet.

You have to admit though, there are alot of fickle supporters who jumped on the Romanov/Burley bandwagon, who contribute nothing except mouth off on here?

I await your sarcastic reply with anticipation :)

For what it's worth, I don't think you're a fickle supporter, just an extremely hard to please one, who likes to score points, and always be right, on the internet.

You have to admit though, there are alot of fickle supporters who jumped on the Romanov/Burley bandwagon, who contribute nothing except mouth off on here?

By that I pressume you mean me.

Guest JamboRobbo

Fair enough. It's a natural reaction I think.

Fair comment to an extent. I just think things through thouroughly and I'll always explain where I'm coming from if I get in a "debate".

For a long time now, the fundamental problems in the way the footballing side of our club is run have been pretty obvious IMO, and yes, I'll argue till the cows come home that we need to address those problems. I realise that might come across as always wanting to be right, but I just see it as "being willing to explain/justify my views".

I don't know to be honest. Yes we had more fans. But I don't think they contributed nothing. The atmosphere (at a full Tynie), and the increase in merchandising income, are two areas where I think the newer supporters did contribute.

Hope you're not too dissapointed.

I also intended going to Robbies game, until the slitherer stuck his oar in :mad:

isnt that a bit fickle?

isnt that a bit fickle?

Only if you or I done it.

Or anyone else for that matter exept him and his wee B chums.

PresidentRomanov
Fair enough. It's a natural reaction I think.

Fair comment to an extent. I just think things through thouroughly and I'll always explain where I'm coming from if I get in a "debate".

For a long time now, the fundamental problems in the way the footballing side of our club is run have been pretty obvious IMO, and yes, I'll argue till the cows come home that we need to address those problems. I realise that might come across as always wanting to be right, but I just see it as "being willing to explain/justify my views".

I don't know to be honest. Yes we had more fans. But I don't think they contributed nothing. The atmosphere (at a full Tynie), and the increase in merchandising income, are two areas where I think the newer supporters did contribute.

Hope you're not too dissapointed.

I'm pleasantly surprised :)

As I've said, I can live with, and understand, supporters who aren't happy and are suspicious of Romanov at the moment, I'm not happy myself just now.

It's the one's who jump ship as soon as things aren't going well I can't suffer.

I still believe he'll turn things round though, and i honestly think given a bit more time, he can still be the best thing that's ever happened to our club.

The newer supporters were welcome, but I think once they've decided they've had enough again, they should let the rest of us get on with supporting/criticising the club in peace, until such time as they decide to get involved again.

I'm pleasantly surprised :)

As I've said, I can live with, and understand, supporters who aren't happy and are suspicious of Romanov at the moment, I'm not happy myself just now.

It's the one's who jump ship as soon as things aren't going well I can't suffer.

I still believe he'll turn things round though, and i honestly think given a bit more time, he can still be the best thing that's ever happened to our club.

The newer supporters were welcome, but I think once they've decided they've had enough again, they should let the rest of us get on with supporting/criticising the club in peace, until such time as they decide to get involved again.

Who are these people PB.

PresidentRomanov
isnt that a bit fickle?

No, it's called having principles :)

PresidentRomanov
Who are these people PB.

The vast majority of the 5000'ish who haven't renewed for next season.

No, it's called having principles :)

OH MY GOD,I can't believe you have typed that,worrafeckin cheak you've got,you hypocritical scroat.

Utter pish,total and utter pish,mind that's all you talk anyway.

PresidentRomanov
OH MY GOD,I can't believe you have typed that,worrafeckin cheak you've got,you hypocritical scroat.

I might have alot of faults, but lacking in principles isn't one of them :)

I might have alot of faults, but lacking in principles isn't one of them :)

We are of the same school in that one then.

As usual you are completely wrong. I know people who have followed Hearts through relegation but now refuse to support a regime which self destructs as often as this one. Thankfully for him gullable idiots like you still pay him money. Maybe he'll buy himself a new sub with your cash?

PresidentRomanov
As usual you are completely wrong. I know people who have followed Hearts through relegation but now refuse to support a regime which self destructs as often as this one. Thankfully for him gullable idiots like you still pay him money. Maybe he'll buy himself a new sub with your cash?

I know of people who stopped supporting the Mercer regime, Robinson regime, and now the Romanov regime.

In all these cases, their support stopped when things weren't going well, and started again when things were better.

Thankfully for them, "gullible idiots" like me, continue to help the club survive through the bad times, so they can hop aboard again when the good times return.

Archived