• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wavydavy

• DH1986

• JamboAl

• Spellczech

Top Posters In This Topic

goldiebackwash1985

In hindsight not taking Sow back was prehaps a bad choice! I know he wasnt fit during his medical but would he have been first choice?

He would have been a squad player he could have had the time to recover and up to speed!

We got Clare in who was not ready but still went ahead

I would bring back Dario Zanatta as cover until Jan 

Looking at the free transfer market I'd take:

CB :- Wollscheid or Huth - Both would save the day, lets not **** about. 

CF :- Márkó Futács.

Not a clue any of their fitness situations but they'd do a job :P 

Seriously though, we're ****ed. I'm extremely worried. 

It's up front I'm more worried about - don't know what the script is with the loans, but if it was possible I would be looking to bring back either Currie or Zanatta.

2 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Been without a club for over a year.

I'd take him tbh, cheap as chips and a quality finisher. Just, er, keep him away from the chips :P 

Seriously, if we could get him match fit we'd have a very handy player to have on the bench. His careers on its arse and I thought that was part of our plan as a club, take players who have obvious talent and try and get them back on track. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

djoum on his day (I know) can easily play the haring role to a similar level - in fact if there's any point in djoum still being at the club it's now

woukdnt be my preferred option but is one alongside the options of Hughes clevid smith at cb

tons of options upfront including whigton and mulraney both of whom are unknown quantities so might as be as good as some expect to be as bad

at very low cost if possible I'd give zeefuik a chance if he's free as mentioned as another option

more massive setbacks could have been fatal were it not for our very decent squad 

kingantti1874
8 hours ago, EastSideJambo said:

We are 1 central defender issue away from a real problem though 

Haring is a CB by trade.. Smith can go back.. Berra back before Christmas 

Pasquale for King
15 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Yeah that’s fair enough but do you think it would be wise to sign an unfit, below average player just so we have cover?

Don’t get me wrong, If there’s one available that can come in and do a job for us then by all means get him in.

We’ve gave Hughes another contract to fill that role ?

Pasquale for King
7 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Haring is a CB by trade.. Smith can go back.. Berra back before Christmas 

He can play CB but has been a midfielder all his days and art from last season apparently.

Was really interesting interview SN had, he clearly went on about the importance of match sharpness and how last season he was pretty average (albeit still good) and this season with some more fitness and match sharpness he is twice the player....any free agents ain’t gonna cut it imo. Take them at least 6-8 weeks to get sharp as we are seeing with Sean Clare

rudi must stay
17 hours ago, Pingu said:

Victor Anichebe and Philipp Wollscheid.

Over £2 million on transfermarkd. Ye we have no chance getting him.. Anichebe for me is an ideal Uche replacement, unpredictable on the ball and a nightmare to mark. I'd bring him in till the end of the season

22 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

No we're not ! Haring can play there , Michael Smith can play there aswell 

Did you see Haring dropping back to CB away to Dunfermline? he was terrible and that is why he got so many bookings at he previous club because they played him there and it is not his best position.

I was quite impressed with the two Dunfermline CB's and I noticed that one of them was in the Scotland Under 21 Squad. I know we are talking about signings we could use now but I would be looking to try and get this young lad from Dunfermline on a premanent deal in January.

2 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

What about the ginger Pele James Collins for 6 months. No nonsense, goal threat too and he's Welsh!

What's the significance of him being Welsh?

9 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Did you see Haring dropping back to CB away to Dunfermline? he was terrible and that is why he got so many bookings at he previous club because they played him there and it is not his best position.

I was quite impressed with the two Dunfermline CB's and I noticed that one of them was in the Scotland Under 21 Squad. I know we are talking about signings we could use now but I would be looking to try and get this young lad from Dunfermline on a premanent deal in January.

How much do you reckon he would cost and do we have the money?

Selkirkhmfc1874
8 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Agree dunfermline lads looked decent and it's area we going to have to look at going forward once Dunne loan deal up and would imagine this be Hughes last season aswell 

16 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

How much do you reckon he would cost and do we have the money?

No idea on either count and you know full well that even if I took a guess you would immediately dispute it.

I did read however that AB did say that she would do all she could to try and bring players in during the January transfer window shoudl CL want any.

I would have thought though that given our relationship with Dunfermline and the fact we have two players out on loan with them then they may not be too hard to deal with assuming CL wanted the player and we could afford it.

19 minutes ago, Glottis said:

Just stick Haring up front.

He's a centre half who probably the best performing midfielder in the league.

He'll pish it up front

He is actually a Midfielder who was played at Centre Back by his previous club wrongly so it would seem judging by the number of bookings he picked up.

33 minutes ago, Glottis said:

Just stick Haring up front.

He's a centre half who probably the best performing midfielder in the league.

He'll pish it up front

This will happen if Plan A isn’t going well.

Bridge of Djoum
On 18/10/2018 at 06:56, Martin_T said:

We've already over spent our budget for the season with the signing of Sean Clare.

How come Ann stated money is available in January, then?

Bridge of Djoum
21 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if we lost Haring soon as well as he’s been playing through the pain barrier for weeks. We’ve really got no luck at all with injuries.

Are you a tabloid journalist?

The term ''pain barrier'' doesn't even make sense.

4 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Can only go with direct quotes from Levein, who has both stated that we exceeded our budget with the signing of Clare and that we are also planning to go on with the squad we have.

Obviously they may review this depending on how results are going relative to expectations.

StevenNaismith
3 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Are you a tabloid journalist?

The term ''pain barrier'' doesn't even make sense.

Ok then.....

Edited by StevenNaismith

1 hour ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Where/when did she say that?

My recollection is that she said she will try to help as much as she can which is not quite the same as saying money is available.  I don't know if that was dependent on fees for outgoing players but we did push the boat the boat for Clare as I recall.  Although Save our Hearts was a magnificent effort I would prefer not to have a repeat.

It surprises me the number of members on here that have difficulty understanding Levein's quote of:

"We are also planning to go on with the squad we have."

According to the website we have a total of 5 CBs plus Smith and Haring, who can play at CB, plus Baur and Hamilton from the reserves.  Defence should not be an issue.

14 fixtures until the January window opens and Vanecek arrives.  Goal scoring may prove to be the problem.  May need to draft in Morrison, Zanatta, Currie or Keena into the 1st team squad as cover.  Neither Naisy or McLean are traditional CFs so Levein will need to adopt different tactics to suit.  Getting Morrison/Mitchell to the bye-line and then cutting the ball back may be the way to go.

Hearts will cope without Uche.

26 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Where/when did she say that?

My recollection is that she said she will try to help as much as she can which is not quite the same as saying money is available.  I don't know if that was dependent on fees for outgoing players but we did push the boat the boat for Clare as I recall.  Although Save our Hearts was a magnificent effort I would prefer not to have a repeat.

She said it during an interview she was doing regarding the semi-final stadium saga a couple of weeks back.

12 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

It surprises me the number of members on here that have difficulty understanding Levein's quote of:

"We are also planning to go on with the squad we have."

According to the website we have a total of 5 CBs plus Smith and Haring, who can play at CB, plus Baur and Hamilton from the reserves.  Defence should not be an issue.

14 fixtures until the January window opens and Vanecek arrives.  Goal scoring may prove to be the problem.  May need to draft in Morrison, Zanatta, Currie or Keena into the 1st team squad as cover.  Neither Naisy or McLean are traditional CFs so Levein will need to adopt different tactics to suit.  Getting Morrison/Mitchell to the bye-line and then cutting the ball back may be the way to go.

Hearts will cope without Uche.

I’ve also seen CL quoted saying we may bring in another “2 or3” and another 6 appeared.

17 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

She said it during an interview she was doing regarding the semi-final stadium saga a couple of weeks back.

Did she?

She actually used these words?

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Did she?

She actually used these words?

Well....

I wasn’t actually there but that is what was reported at the time.

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

No......I don’t.

On the BBC site on 20 Sept CL is quoted as saying they broke the bank to secure Clare.  Maybe just a form of speech or a slight exaggeration.

4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

On the BBC site on 20 Sept CL is quoted as saying they broke the bank to secure Clare.  Maybe just a form of speech or a slight exaggeration.

Get a life FFS.

5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I suspect our coffers have swelled a bit on the back of the cup run and near sell out crowds at Tynecastle.