Tears snotters and refusal to back the club

@VladMagic

...a bit disco
Just now, Morgan said:

Pride of Edinburgh :rofl:

More like Ride of Edinburgh, considering how many times they've bent over and taken it dry up their chocolate hula hoop.

3 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

More like Ride of Edinburgh, considering how many times they've bent over and taken it dry up their chocolate hula hoop.

Ironic the picture in the sticker looks likes it’s been taken up Calton Hill

Edited by Inch Hearts

...a bit disco
5 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Ironic the picture in the sticker looks likes it’s been taken up Calton Hill

indeed.

Fitting, some might say.

'Construction started in 1826 and, due to the lack of funds, was left unfinished in 1829. This circumstance gave rise to various nicknames such as "Scotland's Disgrace", "Edinburgh's Disgrace", "the Pride and Poverty of Scotland" and "Edinburgh's Folly".'

Footballfirst

Coincidentally, HSL's accounts to 31 Jan 2018 have just been published by Companies House today. They show fixed assets (their shareholding) of £519,400.  That is the total of their investment over three years.

Broken down by year:

Year 1 - £215,000

Year 2 - £177,000

Year 3 - £127,400

As far as the current year is concerned, although HSL is currently raising around £10,000 a month, it looks like there was a one off additional share purchase worth around £40,000 in the summer. I don't know if that amount went through HSL or the purchase was by individual shareholders or nominees.

Edited by Footballfirst

22 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Talking of Tears & Snotters'.

This, from the recent Scotland v England u21s game.

Replying to @JackMorrison94

Toilet cubicles marked ??

Dps3eNcV4AAHxOv.jpg

A ballpoint scrawl of numbers in a public lavvy.

So Hibs. 

Btw, why do they call it "yer" 1902? That year, and it's significance, belongs to them. It's a stain on their history and a point of ridicule for us. Seems strange to use it as part of girfuy to a rival club. Not unlike the tw@t who has a "**** HEARTS" tattoo. He actually has HEARTS tattooed, forever, on his body. 

2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Coincidentally, HSL's accounts to 31 Jan 2018 have just been published by Companies House today. They show fixed assets (their shareholding) of £519,400.  That is the total of their investment over three years.

Broken down by year:

Year 1 - £215,000

Year 2 - £177,000

Year 3 - £127,400

As far as the current year is concerned, although HSL is currently raising around £10,000 a month, it looks like there was a one off additional share purchase worth around £40,000 in the summer. I don't know if that amount went through HSL or the purchase was by individual shareholders or nominees.

In 3 years they've raised what we do in barely 4 months.  And contributions are on a downward trend, year 3 just under 60% of year 1.  Their year 3 tally is roughly equivalent to 1 month of FOH contributions.

:rofl:

30 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

indeed.

Fitting, some might say.

'Construction started in 1826 and, due to the lack of funds, was left unfinished in 1829. This circumstance gave rise to various nicknames such as "Scotland's Disgrace", "Edinburgh's Disgrace", "the Pride and Poverty of Scotland" and "Edinburgh's Folly".'

Stunningly ironic now :) 

9 minutes ago, martoon said:

A ballpoint scrawl of numbers in a public lavvy.

So Hibs. 

Btw, why do they call it "yer" 1902? That year, and it's significance, belongs to them. It's a stain on their history and a point of ridicule for us. Seems strange to use it as part of girfuy to a rival club. Not unlike the tw@t who has a "**** HEARTS" tattoo. He actually has HEARTS tattooed, forever, on his body. 

Exactly, imagine actually bragging it took since then to win the National Cup competition.  Arseholes.  

42 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Ha Ha Ha, spot on.

Forgive me if I’m speaking out of turn but I’ve always believed that Leith isn’t in Edinburgh? Ask any dirty Leither and they will tell you, they’re not from Edinburgh, they’re from Leith. So how can a team not playing in Edinburgh proclaim to be the pride of Edinburgh? It’s like Stoke City proclaiming to be the pride of East Anglia.

Anyway, back to my San Miguel. The pride of Italian beer.........

HSL was destined to fail from the start. Wasn't thought through properly. Was and has never been since marketed properly. Aims and purpose badly communicated. Finally the nail in the coffin for it...

Asking a Hobbit for money?

Yer havin a giraffe!!!

50 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Forgive me if I’m speaking out of turn but I’ve always believed that Leith isn’t in Edinburgh? Ask any dirty Leither and they will tell you, they’re not from Edinburgh, they’re from Leith. So how can a team not playing in Edinburgh proclaim to be the pride of Edinburgh? It’s like Stoke City proclaiming to be the pride of East Anglia.

Dont they have a Lochend postcode? 

On ‎18‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 09:27, ...a bit disco said:

They receive "newly issued shares" then?

Diluted and devalued. Dave King would be proud.

I was surprised to read that too.  I thought the whole point of HSL was to buy "control" or 51% of the shares from Farmer & Petrie. 

If all they are doing is issues new shares it will take the muppets decades to buy control of H1b5.

Deluded or what?

1 hour ago, ShedBoy said:

1 hour ago, Inch Hearts said:

Dont they have a Lochend postcode? 

EH7 5QG.   Albion Pl.

Leith post codes are EH6 

Neverforgetfiveone
On ‎18‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 07:07, Captain Sausage said:

Forever in our shadow. 

The heart and soul of Edinburgh. 

Establishment club. 

The natural order.  

:pleasingao:

Neverforgetfiveone
3 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Well that shat on my bonfire

Sure this has been discussed many times before.....

The Boundary Bar (Permanently Closed) was situated between Iona St and Albert St on Leith Walk. The bar itself was split between Leith and Edinburgh because the Boundary line ran right through it - hence the name above the door.

Therefor, the boundary line falls below Easter Rd stadium, running along Iona St and through the Eastern Cemetery.

The hovel of a ground is in Edinburgh!

3 minutes ago, Neverforgetfiveone said:

The Boundary Bar (Permanently Closed) was situated between Iona St and Albert St on Leith Walk. The bar itself was split between Leith and Edinburgh because the Boundary line ran right through it - hence the name above the door.

Therefor, the boundary line falls below Easter Rd stadium, running along Iona St and through the Eastern Cemetery.

You monster! Just ruined my day ?

When STF bought hibs he said he was saving that football club for “ the good people of leith” .

Raises two questions , who are these GOOD PEOPLE he speaks off and the owner of that risible club doesn’t know where they play . Mind he was also a supporter of the lovely man that was cardinal O’Brian . 

19 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I don't think many Hibs supporters are really aware of how STF and Petrie set up this scheme and the increasing difficulties that HSL will have in achieving their goal of a majority shareholding in the hands of the "fans".

When the scheme started STF/Petrie owned 98% of the 62,500,000 shares issued with "fans" owning the other 2%. The intention was to issue new shares at 4p a share until the total number of shares was doubled to 125,000,000.  That would take £2.5m.  STF/Petrie would then own the same number of shares but would be diluted to 49%, with the "fans" collectively owning 51%

When the scheme started the first 1% bought by HSL required them to buy 625,000 shares at a cost of £25,000. However, as the total number of shares in issue goes up (they currently have 98.605,000 issued) so does the cost of the next 1% to HSL, as they now have to buy 986,000 new shares at a cost of £39,440.  The final 1% will require them to buy around 1,250,000 shares at a cost of £50,000. Basically it costs HSL more for every 1% they acquire.

The last share issue, notified to Companies House last week, covered the three month period between the end of June and the end of September. 755,000 new shares were issued raising £30,200, so HSL has raised an average of approximately £10,000 a month over the last three months.

Even when the "fans" achieve nominal control of the club with 51%, they won't be able to exercise that control.  In any vote the STF/Petrie block of 49% would be voted as one. In order to defeat that block, then it would require HSL and ALL the other small shareholders to vote, and to vote in the same way in order to win such a vote. That's a virtual impossibility.  

I know FOH's governance has its weaknesses, but they are nothing compared to what HSL and other Hibs fan shareholders will face once they have the majority shareholding over STF/Petrie.

Thanks for posting FF, I had a rough idea about HSL works, however, this explains it perfectly

3 hours ago, Dannie Boy said:

EH7 5QG.   Albion Pl.

Leith post codes are EH6 

? Their best song is a load of shite then, just like their club. 

On 18/10/2018 at 07:49, kingantti1874 said:

Just about pissed myself when i read that.. Their turnover is much smaller, they have more debt.. And thats before you get to FOH v HSL :rofl:

I was surprised how low their turnover was given the attendances they claimed last season. Kind of gives some credibility to the argument they are counting the freebies handed out even when unused. That of course and their own fans happy to rip off concession tickets 

I reckon that is exactly what they are doing. Their turnover, considering they had the benefit of more room in their stands for corporate functions etc, they should be pulling in far more money. 

Their ploy has been to turn a blind eye to abuse of the concessions tickets plus chuck a lot of freebies at schools, in an attempt to sell Easter Road as a packed stadium ie you have to get a season ticket. And then slowly chip away at the freeloaders.

Pretty sure Demster tried similar at Motherwell including £10 tickets, bring a friend etc to marginal success through there. 

20 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I don't think many Hibs supporters are really aware of how STF and Petrie set up this scheme and the increasing difficulties that HSL will have in achieving their goal of a majority shareholding in the hands of the "fans".

When the scheme started STF/Petrie owned 98% of the 62,500,000 shares issued with "fans" owning the other 2%. The intention was to issue new shares at 4p a share until the total number of shares was doubled to 125,000,000.  That would take £2.5m.  STF/Petrie would then own the same number of shares but would be diluted to 49%, with the "fans" collectively owning 51%

When the scheme started the first 1% bought by HSL required them to buy 625,000 shares at a cost of £25,000. However, as the total number of shares in issue goes up (they currently have 98.605,000 issued) so does the cost of the next 1% to HSL, as they now have to buy 986,000 new shares at a cost of £39,440.  The final 1% will require them to buy around 1,250,000 shares at a cost of £50,000. Basically it costs HSL more for every 1% they acquire.

The last share issue, notified to Companies House last week, covered the three month period between the end of June and the end of September. 755,000 new shares were issued raising £30,200, so HSL has raised an average of approximately £10,000 a month over the last three months.

Even when the "fans" achieve nominal control of the club with 51%, they won't be able to exercise that control.  In any vote the STF/Petrie block of 49% would be voted as one. In order to defeat that block, then it would require HSL and ALL the other small shareholders to vote, and to vote in the same way in order to win such a vote. That's a virtual impossibility.  

I know FOH's governance has its weaknesses, but they are nothing compared to what HSL and other Hibs fan shareholders will face once they have the majority shareholding over STF/Petrie.

But but Dempster boldly stated this was some sort of a "first" for Hibs, trailblazing even. I even recall there being a subtle dig at FOH when it was launched thought the specifics escape me. Yet its just a con job which will never deliver them control and will, at this rate, take them 3 centuries to accrue the 51% shares? My sides...

Just about pissed myself when i read that.. Their turnover is much smaller, they have more debt.. And thats before you get to FOH v HSL :rofl:

I was surprised how low their turnover was given the attendances they claimed last season. Kind of gives some credibility to the argument they are counting the freebies handed out even when unused. That of course and their own fans happy to rip off concession tickets 

I reckon that is exactly what they are doing. Their turnover, considering they had the benefit of more room in their stands for corporate functions etc, they should be pulling in far more money. 

Their ploy has been to turn a blind eye to abuse of the concessions tickets plus chuck a lot of freebies at schools, in an attempt to sell Easter Road as a packed stadium ie you have to get a season ticket. And then slowly chip away at the freeloaders.

Pretty sure Demster tried similar at Motherwell including £10 tickets, bring a friend etc to marginal success through there. 

20 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

But but Dempster boldly stated this was some sort of a "first" for Hibs, trailblazing even. I even recall there being a subtle dig at FOH when it was launched thought the specifics escape me. Yet its just a con job which will never deliver them control and will, at this rate, take them 3 centuries to accrue the 51% shares? My sides...

Edited by Gizmo
glitchy duplicate posts

6 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Broken down by year:

Year 1 - £215,000

Year 2 - £177,000

Year 3 - £127,400

So basically they are the road to nowhere with their scheme.

From reading their thread, they keep mentioning that we only contribute to FOH because the club was on its knees yet we are far from that position now and still the DD’s continue.

The stark reality is that we just have a far more committed support, willing to back our club no matter what. Meanwhile they are raising £10,000 per month and thats on the decline.

Delightful!

2 minutes ago, bairdy said:

I've said this for years,  they're an Edinburgh club not Leith.

Being a Leither, I'm delighted about that !☺️

Me too Bairdy.

2 hours ago, Gizmo said:

I seem to recall something about the fact that HSL would immediately start to build up a shareholding in Hibs, whereas FOH at the time still didn't own any shares in Hearts and were some way away from assuming a controlling shareholding.  They no doubt expected a much bigger response when they launched HSL, and that they could beat us to becoming fan owned.

However, as the figures quoted previously show, interest in HSL is falling away rapidly.  Meanwhile, we continue to maintain a fantastic level of contribution, despite all of their many predictions that pledges would start to tail off.

steinbeckjambo1874
9 hours ago, RobNox said:

In 3 years they've raised what we do in barely 4 months.  And contributions are on a downward trend, year 3 just under 60% of year 1.  Their year 3 tally is roughly equivalent to 1 month of FOH contributions.

Will be taking great joy in rolling that stat out to my, interestingly quiet of late, H1b5 supporting pals...

Edited by steinbeckjambo1874

The Future's Maroon

Just read the whole thread (on their site), fair play for trying and maybe respect is due for that, but some of the comments ? my word, we did destroy them on them ‘that day’ ?

Edited by The Future's Maroon

7 hours ago, bairdy said:

I've said this for years,  they're an Edinburgh club not Leith.

Being a Leither, I'm delighted about that !☺️

The old boundary line runs just to the south of ER so would have been considered in Leith.

Oh Hibs, never change!  They just can't get anything right can they ??

To think some on here reckoned not so long ago that they were 'light years' ahead of us ??

Increase the concession ticket prices.

They are way too cheap for over 65s. Pensioners nowadays are baby boomers, the wealthiest generation ever. It’s not the 70s anymore when pensioners were all skint!

Have a look around you next time you’re at ER. The majority of fans will be a concession of one kind or another.

Hospitality is full of older fans, some of who rock up in Jags and Range Rovers. Why do they get a cheap season ticket?

So bring their prices much closer to the normal ticket price and you’ll see a significant rise in turnover. 

Of course that’s not going to be popular if it affects you, but it’s for the bigger cause, brother.

I had to laugh at this.  One of their own brings up the high number of concessions they have in their season ticket numbers, and not one person questioned it.

Quite amusing that the guy sent to shake them down and pick their pockets is actually Rod Petrie’s pal. I wonder which share holding company he looks after for his pal Tom? I’ll go for ‘Calton’. :lol:

Hey guys. My mate’s boss is offering you all no controlling stake, as a minority shareholding, in return for you putting money in. Tom is taking back his loan at half a million a season either way, so you might as well chuck a couple of grand Lennon’s way. :rofl:

5132C073-DB8A-4C78-B4A3-CE3D1FF32705.png

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

26 minutes ago, JamboFulton said:

Is there any rules that state FoH cannot buy the vermin? Just imagine the fun we could have trolling their support. It’s a shame such an act could take them out of our shadow...

... and place them in our pocket ?

The problem with that is, we wouldn’t have a controlling stake in the club, just like the HSL Hibs supporters never will. We’d just be giving them money to offset the half a million plus that Farmer and Rod syphon out each season. I know you weren’t being entirely serious, but you’ve actually hit the nail on the head as to why there is no appetite for this scam from the majority of Hibs supporters. They cannot get control of their club no matter how many shares they buy. Farmer and Rod own 49% of the club, and those hookey companies named after rivers and Edinburgh landmarks who own approx 12% of the club are Just Tom and Rod in funny glasses and fake moustaches.

On 18/10/2018 at 08:27, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I liked the bits where the official HSL representative was desperate to use FoH as what they aspire to, but he couldn’t bring himself to actually come out and say it. 

The boy who doesn’t realise we will be fan owned and debt free, with a much higher turnover in a little over year’s time was great entertainment too.

Best of all though, was the admission from Mr HSL, that they believed FoH would eventually tail off, and that they were surprised 97% of us are still merrily paying in. That was what they were banking on, us all deciding “**** it, I can’t afford this anymore”. ?

The situation they face now is an unenviable one. They have spent so long pointing and laughing at FoH and giving it the “begging bowl” and “cash cow” chat, they have backed themselves in to corner. Never mind chaps... “bake sale”? :rofl:

“we’re goin’ doon Stotty”

Great post

Image result for clapping crowd

17 hours ago, Neverforgetfiveone said:

I would say 95% of that ground was in Leith.

image.thumb.png.4e71a9c31352451566498a342cec603d.png

Scnorthedinburgh
21 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

It's better than that, all that sunshine stuff.

Their from Edinburgh, their ground is in the Edinburgh boundary not Leith.

Can't  even get the location for their song right.

Tried to post most of this yesterday.

At best one tiny corner of the ground at the cemetery was in Leith.

Since the rebuild not a bit.

For added fun when the built their first stand they had a babe like a bar mat. The steel work has the shape of the badge in it, to remind them that they are the pub team.