John Souttar injury

Hood09

5 minutes ago, Pistol1874 said:

Perhaps, but that has far less of an impact than watching anyone who debuts for the OF getting a cap ahead of those more deserving or where they should’ve been capped before going there but weren’t IMO.

Shows the serious disconnect between Eaat and West in our country.

19 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Regretably the whole independence debate impacts on support for the Scottish football team.

This is a truly bizarre statement.

5 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Shows the serious disconnect between Eaat and West in our country.

Plenty of non-OF fans in the West feel the same I’d think. 

Increasingly though, I think club football just trumps International football for those who go to games every weekend.

I’d rather we had the chance to get back on the horse this weekend, than pause to watch Alex McLeish achieve less than the sum of the parts he has to work with.

11 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

This is a truly bizarre statement.

I don't think so. MSP (and now a government minister) McKelvie's tweet after Scotland beat England at rugby shows a crassly ignorant mindset that doesn't really welcome the non-believers as fans of the international team. She said that 'unionists' (whatever that means - I'm a federalist, did she mean me?) would be upset.

Certainly, my feelings about Scotland, and being Scottish, changed utterly with the rise of nationalism. Having a saltire rubbed in your face by someone calling you a traitor, as happened to me, tends to make you feel differently.

Nevertheless, there is only one international football team for me. I went to Hampden often in the 70s and 80s, when the sense of excitement and anticipation before a game, and the atmosphere during it, were palpable. I've not been to a Scotland match for ages, but that is (to be honest) more to do with the quality of football on offer than any damage done by the SNP. I'm patriotically Scottish in spite of their best efforts to other me. 

Anyway, what news of Souttar?

Edited by 4marsbars
afterthought

1 hour ago, 4marsbars said:

I don't think so. MSP (and now a government minister) McKelvie's tweet after Scotland beat England at rugby shows a crassly ignorant mindset that doesn't really welcome the non-believers as fans of the international team. She said that 'unionists' (whatever that means - I'm a federalist, did she mean me?) would be upset.

Certainly, my feelings about Scotland, and being Scottish, changed utterly with the rise of nationalism. Having a saltire rubbed in your face by someone calling you a traitor, as happened to me, tends to make you feel differently.

Nevertheless, there is only one international football team for me. I went to Hampden often in the 70s and 80s, when the sense of excitement and anticipation before a game, and the atmosphere during it, were palpable. I've not been to a Scotland match for ages, but that is (to be honest) more to do with the quality of football on offer than any damage done by the SNP. I'm patriotically Scottish in spite of their best efforts to other me. 

@_DHOTYA

38 minutes ago, Zaba said:

@_DHOTYA

Oh yes it did. Admittedly, I was going to a public meeting so obviously it was my own fault; I should have sat quietly at home pretending not to have an opinion. Apparently, No voters weren't meant to make a thing of it. Anyway, at that meeting (in Glasgow, since you asked) there was a mass picket of about a hundred Saltire-wavers blocking the way in a manner that Salmond would have described as 'joyous'. As we slowly slalomed through them to get in, they were saying "traitor", "get back to London" and other utter nonsense. I wouldn't suggest for one moment that I felt intimidated or frightened, just profoundly sad.

What makes you think that such things did not happen?  Carry on and call me a liar if that's the role you have in your movement. My many pro-indy friends treat me with much more respect, I can tell you that.

Sorry to take this thread slightly off at a tangent.

14 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Oh yes it did. Admittedly, I was going to a public meeting so obviously it was my own fault; I should have sat quietly at home pretending not to have an opinion. Apparently, No voters weren't meant to make a thing of it. Anyway, at that meeting (in Glasgow, since you asked) there was a mass picket of about a hundred Saltire-wavers blocking the way in a manner that Salmond would have described as 'joyous'. As we slowly slalomed through them to get in, they were saying "traitor", "get back to London" and other utter nonsense. I wouldn't suggest for one moment that I felt intimidated or frightened, just profoundly sad.

What makes you think that such things did not happen?  Carry on and call me a liar if that's the role you have in your movement. My many pro-indy friends treat me with much more respect, I can tell you that.

Sorry to take this thread slightly off at a tangent.

No ifs or buts thats embarrassing. Insulting people or doing stupid shit like that does nothing to change opinions and only reinforces a mouth breathing stereotype. Doesn't address points, arguments or discussion just makes you look like a knob. 

Sorry that happened to you. 

Hope Souttars fine as I don't think we can afford to lose him. Glad we've got another week so hopefully that should be enough rest to deal with whatever issue it is. 

Edited by OTT
staying on topic

Isn’t he suspended or does friendlies not count?  Hopefully it’s a precaution because he’s out the next match against Albania. Tierney out the squad too. 

Edited by Inch Hearts

Lord Beni of Gorgie

If Scotland were good we'd all want to be connected since they are shite and have a senile coach people want nothing to do with it. 

Very little to do with political nonsense. People don't associate themselves with losing 

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

If Scotland were good we'd all want to be connected since they are shite and have a senile coach people want nothing to do with it. 

Very little to do with political nonsense. People don't associate themselves with losing 

Im delighted he’s out the squad as it was the only negative for me when Portugal hand us our arses tomorrow. 

20 hours ago, saxondale said:

To be fair, I don’t think anyone would beat Jesus in a one vs one situation.

He's terrified of crosses though

Lord Beni of Gorgie
28 minutes ago, Chong said:

He's terrified of crosses though

When he played England he rolled Stones easily 

1 hour ago, Thought Police said:

Out the squad 

Replaced by Devlin. Hopefully just a precaution.

A few others out too including Tierney who is rested to help Celtic 

6 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

Sorry that this happened to you. I absolutely disagree with you on the politics, but this isn’t a political forum. I’ll just observe that each side of the debate has its share of zoomers, and that the most strident efforts to polarise the debate in recent months have come from the likes of Ruth Davidson rather than from the Yes side.

Edited by Doc Rob

4 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Sorry that this happened to you. I absolutely disagree with you on the politics, but this isn’t a political forum. I’ll just observe that each side of the debate has its share of zoomers, and that the most strident efforts to polarise the debate in recent months have come from the likes of Ruth Davidson rather than from the Yes side.

Scotland Flag