John Souttar injury

Hood09

letsalldothebeattie

Never mentioned anything about him being replaced due to injury on the radio before ultimately getting sent off. Only one I heard that went off injured and since been cleared up was Naisy. Really hope Souttar isn’t injured that’s all we need to our defence 

18Jambo_dave74

He did mention in an interview that I saw that they were about to take him off before the red as he'd been complaining of a hip injury. 

8 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

They should have taken off the young Killie guy, brutal all game.

f'kin hell, I am so out of touch

Stephen O'Donnell, I am not even aware of him (26yo btw, not so young)

McLeish mentioned (on Radio Scotland) that he was carrying an injury and was to be taken off at the next break in play when he was shown the 2nd yellow. However, he also said that McKenna (who had already been on the park since half time) was the person stripped and ready to replace him.

Given the other ramblings from the man during his post match interview I would not put any trust in comments attributed to the Scotland manager.

It is bad enough wasting 1 minute of your life watching our utter disgrace of a national team but losing one of our top players for my actual team that I do love would be too much to bear.

I mentioned on the match thread last night just as he got the red card if he’d taken a knock as he was hobbling a bit and I’d just joined the game a couple of mins before the red!!!

hope he’s ok 

letsalldothebeattie
12 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

McLeish mentioned (on Radio Scotland) that he was carrying an injury and was to be taken off at the next break in play when he was shown the 2nd yellow. However, he also said that McKenna (who had already been on the park since half time) was the person stripped and ready to replace him.

Given the other ramblings from the man during his post match interview I would not put any trust in comments attributed to the Scotland manager.

From the man in charge of our national side. Good god he doesn’t even know who he has on the pitch at any given time. What hope have we got 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Hopefully a week of rest and back fit for the Aberdeen game. Or we are look at our starting back 4 of the season gone for this game

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

From the man in charge of our national side. Good god he doesn’t even know who he has on the pitch at any given time. What hope have we got 

I think there could be the onset of something there, which is actually a personal tragedy for the man. As I always say with these things, blame the person who employed him

Souttar did get a head knock at the start of the second half and did have to go off for treatment, didn’t look too bad from where I was sitting as he was back on within 30 seconds. 

59 minutes ago, allyjambo said:

Souttar did get a head knock at the start of the second half and did have to go off for treatment, didn’t look too bad from where I was sitting as he was back on within 30 seconds. 

Radio said hip injury

1 hour ago, allyjambo said:

Sure it wasn’t Naismith? 

Would be far from ideal but we could get by with Dunne and Clevid, with Smith and Mitchell either side, or Smith into right centre back again with Godinho not being far away if playing back 5. Joys of having a big squad

The White Cockade

hopefully he is fit for our next game as he is an important player for us now

didn't think he was great last night though and has been a bit slack for us last

couple of games

very unlucky with the two yellows though the Israeli's were diving all over the place

We_are_the_Hearts

Out for the next 2 games

For Scotland

Edited by We_are_the_Hearts

3 hours ago, allyjambo said:

Where you across in Israel for the game? Football aside how was the trip? Couple of mates sent some pictures and mikes bar looked brilliant!

4 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

f'kin hell, I am so out of touch

Stephen O'Donnell, I am not even aware of him (26yo btw, not so young)

Didn't watch last night but I thought he was brutal against Albania... Whilst I'm not keen on previous practice of just giving caps to any old Anglo- I think SPL players have to be capable and perform to keep their places...

16 minutes ago, sprinbox98 said:

Where you across in Israel for the game? Football aside how was the trip? Couple of mates sent some pictures and mikes bar looked brilliant!

Yeah I was, Mike’s bar was very good, was bouncing on Wednesday night, got the buses to the games from there. Found Tel Aviv pretty pricey to be honest and got a 90 minute interrogation before getting into the country so that kind of put a dampener on it along with the match. 

Ah well at least Albania will be cheaper for the next one. 

7 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Didn't watch last night but I thought he was brutal against Albania... Whilst I'm not keen on previous practice of just giving caps to any old Anglo- I think SPL players have to be capable and perform to keep their places...

The guy was outstanding against Albania and deserved to keep his place in the team on merit. Total shambles last night and no judgement can be made on any player. Funny old game this football.

Really saddened by the whole Scotland set-up. I used to love supporting Scotland but now...

I really couldnt give a flying feck about the national team.

Now Souttar is injured? 

:arghh:

15 minutes ago, allyjambo said:

Yeah I was, Mike’s bar was very good, was bouncing on Wednesday night, got the buses to the games from there. Found Tel Aviv pretty pricey to be honest and got a 90 minute interrogation before getting into the country so that kind of put a dampener on it along with the match. 

Ah well at least Albania will be cheaper for the next one. 

Might even sneak a draw mate ;)

GorgieRules22

Souttar picked up what looked a minor knock before he was sent off, we’re this chat that it’s worse than that coming from ? If it was bad then surely he’d be withdrawn from the squad. His red only counts in competitive games.

34 minutes ago, o1djambo said:

The guy was outstanding against Albania and deserved to keep his place in the team on merit. Total shambles last night and no judgement can be made on any player. Funny old game this football.

Well I only saw highlights of the first half against Albania but the second half he was guff...

Big Slim Stylee
5 hours ago, JamboLiam51 said:

Just had a heart attack at work reading this title

Just spat coffee all over my laptop reading that.

6 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I think there could be the onset of something there, which is actually a personal tragedy for the man. As I always say with these things, blame the person who employed him

I was thinking that but I can't remember what it's called. 

3 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Out for the next 2 games

For Scotland

Good that will give him a chance to recover and concentrate on Hearts. With any luck McKenna and Hendry might pick up an injury before they play us. Not that I really wish them any ill but anything that helps our cause is appreciated.

Disser Pointon
41 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Good that will give him a chance to recover and concentrate on Hearts. With any luck McKenna and Hendry might pick up an injury before they play us. Not that I really wish them any ill but anything that helps our cause is appreciated.

McKenna is suspended. 

A_A wehatethehibs

Jesus, Hendry and Mulgrew at CB for Portugal.

Just when you thought times couldn’t get worse than Hanley and Martin in defence a couple of years ago.

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Jesus, Hendry and Mulgrew at CB for Portugal.

Just when you thought times couldn’t get worse than Hanley and Martin in defence a couple of years ago.

To be fair, I don’t think anyone would beat Jesus in a one vs one situation.

39 minutes ago, saxondale said:

To be fair, I don’t think anyone would beat Jesus in a one vs one situation.

Amen, brother!

Maybe behind at half-time but, no doubt about the final result.

9 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

They should have taken off the young Killie guy, brutal all game.

He was absolutely shocking, can’t believe a player that standard is anywhere near a Scotland squad.

Actually losing to a team just inside the world top 100, I can quite believe it.

3 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Regretably the whole independence debate impacts on support for the Scottish football team.

Perhaps, but that has far less of an impact than watching anyone who debuts for the OF getting a cap ahead of those more deserving or where they should’ve been capped before going there but weren’t IMO.