Aberdeen Dot Count

mainstandjambo

1 hour ago, dc-jambo said:

Yes! A dot count!! Sales will speed up now to the inevitable sell out.

I support the club’s category A/B pricing policy, btw. Sensible response to market forces etc. 

Hope it is inevitable.  Terrific boost for everyone if it is.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Rudolf

• Phil Dunphy

• mainstandjambo

6 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

I've been told that Aberdeen have sold 2,000 tickets for the game so they must have half of section K.

Even with half of K not quite 2000 but they should have been given more anyway coz we ain’t selling out home areas 

We_are_the_Hearts

Poor show from the Home support considering we are top of the League and great at Home. Shows the groiund is more than big enough despite what some say.

1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Even with half of K not quite 2000 but they should have been given more anyway coz we ain’t selling out home areas 

You sure about that, Clerry? Am happy to bow to your superior knowledge on this - but have there been other recent games where we’ve failed to shift 900 tickets in the final five days, given that we usually release a full, spare block of tickets late in the week, and won’t do that this time?

8 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

I suppose it depends on how many seats we use for segregation so maybe slightly more than half.

My point was that we won't be opening K later on as we have for previous games, so anyone that wants a ticket better get in sharpish. 

Jambo, Goodbye
8 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Poor show from the Home support considering we are top of the League and great at Home. Shows the groiund is more than big enough despite what some say.

The prices seem a bit OTT, to be fair 

It wasn't that long ago anything above 12k was fantastic. We will be close to selling out, i think we may still yet, but it's an expensive month of football for people who have families etc.

I can't wait for the game.

letsalldothebeattie

A cracking game for us to bounce back in. Would be good if we can sell out or at least get very close to. I can understand if we don’t it’s start of a big/expensive couple of weeks for the fans with massive games coming up. 

Sales are usually slower during the international break. I'm sure they'll pick up as the week progresses and we'll be very close to a sell out.

26 minutes ago, dc-jambo said:

You sure about that, Clerry? Am happy to bow to your superior knowledge on this - but have there been other recent games where we’ve failed to shift 900 tickets in the final five days, given that we usually release a full, spare block of tickets late in the week, and won’t do that this time?

As mentioned already mate I just think the pricing for this is OTT, plus the semi and derby coming up walk up fans are going to pick and choose.

We wouldn't have needed Section K if it had been available to us anyway

Selkirkhmfc1874
35 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Put your tin hat on ?

On 15/10/2018 at 09:42, 3fingersreid said:

Fully agree , I've always said 20,000 people paying £10 is always better than 10,000 people paying £20 

Surely that strategy only applies when tickets are not selling.

There will be 18k at the Aberdeen game. Why reduce prices needlessly ? 

Does that mean ST would be reduced on price as well ?

I would agree with your idea if we were playing at Murrayfield with thousands of unsold seats.

5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Surely that strategy only applies when tickets are not selling.

There will be 18k at the Aberdeen game. Why reduce prices needlessly ? 

Does that mean ST would be reduced on price as well ?

I would agree with your idea if we were playing at Murrayfield with thousands of unsold seats.

I was just talking in a general term , more people makes for a better atmosphere, 

1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Where would we put them ?

Remember Cat B  ST holders are entitled to their seats in the Roseburn for this game.

The unsold seats you talk of are mainly seats reserved for hospitality in other areas of the ground.

We would have to give them the whole stand which would mean shifting Cat B  ST holders while creating a shortage for Hearts fans.

Just playing Devil's advocate, but why is £30 "ridiculous" for a football match in Scotland? It's not 1992. The price of everything has gone up, not least entertainment. In England, tickets are regularly £45+.

What about rugby matches or other sporting events like golf, cricket, tennis? Many are much higher than football. How about music concerts? 

This might be an unpopular opinion but match tickets have been sitting between £22-28 for years now. If the odd game creeps up to the £30 mark, it's hardly surprising. I understand that it becomes unaffordable for some but that has more to do with the economic squeeze on households than football clubs pricing structure. Sadly wages aren't rising in line with costs of everything else but football clubs can't damage themselves because of that.  

FWIW, I was in the States recently and paid $80 for a run of the mill NFL match ticket at LA Rams (way up in the Gods!) and it was $10 for a can of beer! 

16 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Where would we put them ?

Remember Cat B  ST holders are entitled to their seats in the Roseburn for this game.

The unsold seats you talk of are mainly seats reserved for hospitality in other areas of the ground.

We would have to give them the whole stand which would mean shifting Cat B  ST holders while creating a shortage for Hearts fans.

What I meant Dug was giving them part of K which it appears they have been given, according to Rudolf

Sheep forum caliming they have 2,400 coming down so that would suggest there is no scope for more tickets to be released. The 900 odd remaining will be close to gone come kick off I would imagine and hopefully a ncie wee boost to the semi ticket sales when we dismantle the sheep. 

I booked hospitality last week and when I asked for 5 seats I was told we could only get the gorgie suite. So hopefully hospitality is nearly full for the match

Anybody not going to this because it's a fiver dearer than they think it should be needs to have a serious word . 

Going to be a cracking afternoons entertainment and you only get one shot at this life . 

Enjoy the good times imo they can disappear as quickly as they come . 

4 minutes ago, mutley said:

I booked hospitality last week and when I asked for 5 seats I was told we could only get the gorgie suite. So hopefully hospitality is nearly full for the match

Based on all the empty seats in the main stand for the hospitality sections in previous games, I would say that it’s unlikely. (Not doubting what you were told). 

It really does seem like there is a problem with the computer / ticket systems as games which are “sold out” days beforehand have still had a good 100 seats sitting empty. And they are in big chunks / rows so it’s not just the odd ST holder not releasing their seat.

The Wheatfield always looks properly full but I have never seen the main stand look like that. I can only assume that they are choosing not to release them for general sale before the match.

6 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Anybody not going to this because it's a fiver dearer than they think it should be needs to have a serious word . 

Going to be a cracking afternoons entertainment and you only get one shot at this life . 

Enjoy the good times imo they can disappear as quickly as they come . 

THIS!!  Those mumping about the ticket price were probably never going to go.

I’m going with the theory that some people have forgotten about this game due to international break and the whole m’field/hampden scenario. Should be a cracking game with a few more days to sell some more tickets

25 minutes ago, Bainy said:

Sheep forum caliming they have 2,400 coming down so that would suggest there is no scope for more tickets to be released. The 900 odd remaining will be close to gone come kick off I would imagine and hopefully a ncie wee boost to the semi ticket sales when we dismantle the sheep. 

That'll be the usual sheep exaggeration.

1,550 or so for sections L & M and around 450 for K.

We're selling H & J so there will need to be segregation in K hence the lower figure for that section.

All good though, around £60,000 from the sheep.

8 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

That'll be the usual sheep exaggeration.

1,550 or so for sections L & M and around 450 for K.

We're selling H & J so there will need to be segregation in K hence the lower figure for that section.

All good though, around £60,000 from the sheep.

sensible move giving sheep that bit extra

56 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

What I meant Dug was giving them part of K which it appears they have been given, according to Rudolf

OK get what you are saying now ?

1 hour ago, Strachsuit said:

Just playing Devil's advocate, but why is £30 "ridiculous" for a football match in Scotland? It's not 1992. The price of everything has gone up, not least entertainment. In England, tickets are regularly £45+.

What about rugby matches or other sporting events like golf, cricket, tennis? Many are much higher than football. How about music concerts? 

This might be an unpopular opinion but match tickets have been sitting between £22-28 for years now. If the odd game creeps up to the £30 mark, it's hardly surprising. I understand that it becomes unaffordable for some but that has more to do with the economic squeeze on households than football clubs pricing structure. Sadly wages aren't rising in line with costs of everything else but football clubs can't damage themselves because of that.  

Exactly. You can pay anything from £20 - £100 to go and see a band play for 90 mins so the price of football is mirrored in other forms of entertainment. I would suggest that Aberdeen may not be 'Category A' material and that should maybe be reconsidered but the pricing is fair for games against Rangers, Celtic & Hibs. Love to see this game if it was a title decider and folk paying hundreds to be there as it would be sold out in seconds.

Just get to game if you can people. Some of us need to work on Saturday and have no choice! Should be a cracking game. It’s a big one for us 

The only thing making me reasonably confident after our loser display v Rangers is our vastly superior record v Aberdeen in recent years.  We own their sheepy ass at Tynie.  We did show however at Ibrox that we are most certainly not to be taken seriously as title contenders.

On the assumption that the Green Irish lovers derby will be a close call due to Celtic (as per usual) not going out of 2nd gear for their wee pals we could find ourselves behind Hibs.

Come on the JTs!

Edited by i8hibsh

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The only thing making me reasonably confident after out loser display v Rangers is our vastly superior record v Aberdeen in recent years.  We own their sheepy ass at Tynie.  We did show however at Ibrox that we are most certainly not to be taken seriously as title contenders.

On the assumption that the Green Irish lovers derby will be a close call due to Celtic (as per usual) not going out of 2nd gear for their wee pals we could find ourselves behind Hibs.

Come on the JTs!

I think this time Celtic need to win, you might see less sympathy. Also Lennon needs the points when he takes over from Brenda

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'm not counting, but there are far less in J this morning than last night, still a heap in H. The weekly game of waiting for a new section to open is in progress

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I think this time Celtic need to win, you might see less sympathy. Also Lennon needs the points when he takes over from Brenda

Nah, Celtic just never raise their game v the tinies. Celtic have dished out utter batterings to us for decades. I dare say it has happened but I can never remember Hibs taking a dry unloobed one of them.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Nah, Celtic just never raise their game v the tinies. Celtic have dished out utter batterings to us for decades. I dare say it has happened but I can never remember Hibs taking a dry unloobed one of them.

Usually because Celtic are 20 points ahead of them

46 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Exactly. You can pay anything from £20 - £100 to go and see a band play for 90 mins so the price of football is mirrored in other forms of entertainment. I would suggest that Aberdeen may not be 'Category A' material and that should maybe be reconsidered but the pricing is fair for games against Rangers, Celtic & Hibs. Love to see this game if it was a title decider and folk paying hundreds to be there as it would be sold out in seconds.

Agreed. 

I remember going to a game at Motherwell in about 2006 and it was £22 to get in. 

A pint of lager 12 years ago was £2.60 and it's now around £3.50 so there's a 35% increase. Petrol was £1.15 a litre and is now £1.35, an increase of almost 20% too. If Motherwell were to charge us £28, it would be pretty much in line with everything else!

50 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

If only all of your nonsense could so quickly and effectively be rebutted.

0D700F56-3C65-406C-8BCB-B8581AAD2DAD.png

7 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

If only all of your nonsense could so quickly and effectively be rebutted.

0D700F56-3C65-406C-8BCB-B8581AAD2DAD.png

What part of my post came across as ipso facto to you?  Perhaps you do not understand when someone says "I can't ever remember" or "I may be wrong".

mainstandjambo

Count at lunchtime

Wheatfield   -   103

Gorgie          -   101

Main            -      24 

Roseburn    -   639 

Total            -   867

It is highly unlikely Aberdeen have sold 2000 tickets as the capacity of K, L and M is in the region of 2050. Bearing in mind the need for segregation I doubt they would be given much more than 1700 to sell. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I take it we only sold STs in H & J?

Semi taking its toll for some on this one. Much like the Dundee away game for myself, hard to do it all

Edited by Sir Gio

10 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

What part of my post came across as ipso facto to you?  Perhaps you do not understand when someone says "I can't ever remember" or "I may be wrong".

To be fair, you should probably start all your posts with that.

22 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

‘Celtic never raise their game against the tinies’

5-0, 4-0, 3-0 & 3-0 pumpings would be persuasive evidence that your statement was factually incorrect.

22 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

To be fair, you should probably start all your posts with that.

I will make it my sig.

9 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

‘Celtic never raise their game against the tinies’

5-0, 4-0, 3-0 & 3-0 pumpings would be persuasive evidence that your statement was factually incorrect.

How many are not gubbings though?

23 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

Roughly translated as = I made shit up!

Give me peace Andy. 

I don’t take this place anywhere near seriously enough to make things up to impress strangers on the internet. 

23 hours ago, VladMagic said:

Which games? If your "source" in the club was specific enough to say what they "know" the attendance to actually be they must also "know" which game/games it was?

This isn’t information I’ve been handed recently. This was sent to me on the days of the particular games. 

And I’m not arsed to go back through 9 months of texts to try and find the exact figures for the exact games. Kilmarnock stands out in my memory. 

If if folk don’t believe me, then that’s their choice. I’ve nothing to gain by making shit up. 

4 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Hows it a poor show, some folk are toiling, anyway still be a big crowd.