• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Rudolf

• Phil Dunphy

• mainstandjambo

Bazzas right boot

This thread proves that jkb is more high brow and intellectual than the average football Forum. 

Educational on not on football but general history. 

Fantastic stuff. 

£30 for bronze is daft when £2 more gets you gold. I’m heading up for this and look  forward to it. I wouldn’t have a problem with giving the Sheep another section of  the  Roseburn if they can fill it. Not the OF though.

Year 1266, The Alex McLeish Play Book on Fitba tactics was written and transcribed by the Monks at Melrose Abbey!

The King had him beheaded for not practicing archery.

All roads lead to Gorgie
6 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Year 1266, The Alex McLeish Play Book on Fitba tactics was written and transcribed by the Monks at Melrose Abbey!

The King had him beheaded for not practicing archery.

:biggrin:

Like his team then, having shots on target didn't seem part of the McLeish plan. 

13 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

£30 for bronze is daft when £2 more gets you gold. I’m heading up for this and look  forward to it. I wouldn’t have a problem with giving the Sheep another section of  the  Roseburn if they can fill it. Not the OF though.

It's not daft, it's scandalous !

Sorry, but too much for a bronze ticket imo, esp as it's a what, £10 difference between A and B ?

Archaeologists digging in Kells, Ireland unearthed a 1000 year old book titled: 

"Irish Dancing Part 2: What to do with the arms"

1 minute ago, Tasavallan said:

Archaeologists digging in Kells, Ireland unearthed a 1000 year old book titled: 

"Irish Dancing Part 2: What to do with the arms"

:clyay:

Not much movement in terms of sales in the Roseburn, plenty seats still in H&J

I would put that down to ridiculous pricing (Cat A ffs ), plus semi final and ofcourse the Derby in quick succession

On 11/10/2018 at 10:31, Phil Dunphy said:

The fallacy of anyone who chose to just do walk ups this season. 

£30 for a shite seat for Aberdeen? Scandalous. 

Some people were not bothering renewing STs as they were just as well doing walk ups.

So they said ?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Mrs complaining she was 32 for their end.

Of course set her straight it was a bargain to visit the best stadium in Scotland to watch the league leaders 

:verysmug:

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Mrs complaining she was 32 for their end.

Of course set her straight it was a bargain to visit the best stadium in Scotland to watch the league leaders 

:verysmug:

The perfect husband. ??

mainstandjambo

Count at 1.30.

Wheatfield   -   119

Gorgie          -   171

Main            -      33

Roseburn   -    774

Total          -   1097 

3 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

I have a spare adult ticket for the Gorgie stand - £15. Proceeds go to LBG Mental Health charity.

Great gesture mate, I'm sure the offer will be taken.

Shanks said no

Year 1097

Scotland gets a new king

Edgar, (born c. 1075—died Jan. 8, 1107, Edinburgh, Scot.), king of Scots from 1097, eldest surviving son of Malcolm III Canmore and Queen Margaret (granddaughter of King Edmund II of England) and thus the first king of the Scots to unite Celtic and Anglo-Saxon blood.

As vassal to King William II Rufus of England, he was placed on the Scottish throne to succeed the Celtic, anti-English Donald Bane, his uncle, who was deposed. In 1098 Edgar ceded the Hebrides to Magnus III, king of Norway, who had been raiding the islands. Edgar was a generous benefactor of the church; a contemporary historian (St. Aelred of Rievaulx) called him the equal of Edward the Confessor in personal merit. He died unmarried and was succeeded by his brother Alexander I.

On 13/10/2018 at 09:29, luckydug said:

Some people were not bothering renewing STs as they were just as well doing walk ups.

So they said ?

Absolutely scandalous pricing from Hearts on this one. 

I’d be livid if Aberdeen charged £30 for the return fixture up there.  

42 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Absolutely scandalous pricing from Hearts on this one. 

I’d be livid if Aberdeen charged £30 for the return fixture up there.  

Shouldn't be a Cat A game imo.

The Rangers charged us £30 and £22 for concessions.

I agree football is too expensive but Hearts are not alone in this.

I think the away tickets should be cheaper as away fans are usually seated  in the worst viewing areas in stadiums.

rambothejambo
On 13/10/2018 at 09:38, PTBCAL said:

I have a spare adult ticket for the Gorgie stand - £15. Proceeds go to LBG Mental Health charity.

If still available I'll take you up on your offer. Regards, RTJ.

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

I think the away tickets should be cheaper as away fans are usually seated  in the worst viewing areas in stadiums.

Away tickets should be priced exactly the same as any home tickets for similar areas of the ground. This is exactly what Heats do, so an away ticket in the upper sections of the school end costs the same as a home ticket in the upper sections of the school or Gorgie ends, and likewise for lower section tickets. 

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Makes you realise the value of a Season ticket if you go to most home games. 

On 13/10/2018 at 13:39, mainstandjambo said:

Count at 1.30.

Wheatfield   -   119

Gorgie          -   171

Main            -      33

Roseburn   -    774

Total          -   1097 

Any idea if that is the figure required to sell out or still sections to be released?

5 hours ago, rambothejambo said:

If still available I'll take you up on your offer. Regards, RTJ.

Apologies just got your note but it's gone already.

Sorry 

10 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Any idea if that is the figure required to sell out or still sections to be released?

Aberdeen have two sections so possibly half of section K to be released I would imagine.

17 hours ago, luckydug said:

No, I don’t think it should be either. I’m all for ripping off the Old Firm, it’s what their fans deserve for taking the easy option and supporting one half of that. 

Even £28 for Livingston to come to Tynecastle is ridiculous. I’d like to see the club take a stance and make tickets no more than £20. Encourage folk along instead of fleece the folk who’ll go no matter how much it is. 

17 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

No, I don’t think it should be either. I’m all for ripping off the Old Firm, it’s what their fans deserve for taking the easy option and supporting one half of that. 

Even £28 for Livingston to come to Tynecastle is ridiculous. I’d like to see the club take a stance and make tickets no more than £20. Encourage folk along instead of fleece the folk who’ll go no matter how much it is. 

The knock on effect of that is a lower budget for players = lower quality players = worse team = less fans.

Not to mention the fact that season ticket holders wouldn't be too chuffed.

2 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

The knock on effect of that is a lower budget for players = lower quality players = worse team = less fans.

Not to mention the fact that season ticket holders wouldn't be too chuffed.

I wouldn’t care how much Hearts we’re charging home fans for walk ups. But the prospect of paying £20 instead of £30+ for a ticket to the football would be a massive thing in getting more away fans along. 

But £30 for a ticket to a football match in Scotland is ludicrous. No matter who you support. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I wouldn’t care how much Hearts we’re charging home fans for walk ups. But the prospect of paying £20 instead of £30+ for a ticket to the football would be a massive thing in getting more away fans along. 

But £30 for a ticket to a football match in Scotland is ludicrous. No matter who you support. 

Vicious circle, drop thr price of tickets and revenue falls, quality falls even further and less people will go, folk will demanf prices drop again. 

Scottish clubs are between a rock and a hard place.. If tv revenue increased to even a fee million a year then i agree ticket prices should be subsidised 

2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Fully agree , I've always said 20,000 people paying £10 is always better than 10,000 people paying £20 

29 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Financial suicide given we could not sell enough to cover the loss. 

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Vicious circle, drop thr price of tickets and revenue falls, quality falls even further and less people will go, folk will demanf prices drop again. 

Scottish clubs are between a rock and a hard place.. If tv revenue increased to even a fee million a year then i agree ticket prices should be subsidised 

I suppose it boils down to Doncaster again. You’d think that; with this new BEin Sports deal they’ve just struck, the savings will be passed down to the fans. 

I wouldn't hold my breath though. 

Edited by Phil Dunphy

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Financial suicide given we could not sell enough to cover the loss. 

It’s hardly financial wizardry to charge folk through the nose for tickets either. 

I’ll probably end up paying £26ish to

go to Dundee. As well say £30 for the semi and, likely, another £30 to go to Parkhead. 

£86 to watch three football matches is disgraceful. 

Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

It’s hardly financial wizardry to charge folk through the nose for tickets either. 

I’ll probably end up paying £26ish to

go to Dundee. As well say £30 for the semi and, likely, another £30 to go to Parkhead. 

£86 to watch three football matches is disgraceful. 

It is if you make more money with a crowd of 18,000 at those prices compared to 20,000 at reduced prices. We currently don’t have the spare capacity to sell cheaper to get more volume. 

10 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

It's only category A games that we charge that much. Sevco, Hibs, Aberdeen and Celtic.

Can't believe you'd want to charge them less as they sell out anyway.

We charge £20 for bronze in category B games and £28 for Gold. We only charge a fiver for U.13's.

Seems pretty fair to me.

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It is if you make more money with a crowd of 18,000 at those prices compared to 20,000 at reduced prices. We currently don’t have the spare capacity to sell cheaper to get more volume. 

When we’re playing well. 

There red wasn’t too many times we sold out last season though, was there?

Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

When we’re playing well. 

There red wasn’t too many times we sold out last season though, was there?

Don’t think we had much spare capacity last season either tbf. 

It's only category A games that we charge that much. Sevco, Hibs, Aberdeen and Celtic.

Can't believe you'd want to charge them less as they sell out anyway.

We charge £20 for bronze in category B games and £28 for Gold. We only charge a fiver for U.13's.

Seems pretty fair to me.

Yes, I’d want to charge them less, so we pay less when we go to those shitholes. 

Assuming we we go to Parkhead twice and Ibrox twice, that’s £120 on 4 games there. Add in £28 for each trip to Easter Road and £28 for each trip to Pittodrie, that’s a further £112. 

Do you think that’s a fair price? Or is that too expensive?

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Don’t think we had much spare capacity last season either tbf. 

There were games that we could easily have filled another 5-10,000 seats. 

Source? An employee of the club. 

6 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Yes, I’d want to charge them less, so we pay less when we go to those shitholes. 

Assuming we we go to Parkhead twice and Ibrox twice, that’s £120 on 4 games there. Add in £28 for each trip to Easter Road and £28 for each trip to Pittodrie, that’s a further £112. 

Do you think that’s a fair price? Or is that too expensive?

So you believe that if we charged them less they'd reciprocate?

We charge Dundee fans a lot less than Dundee charge us so not really following your logic here.

Edited by Rudolf

So you believe that if we charged them less they'd reciprocate?

We charge Dundee fans a lot less than Dundee charge us so not really following your logic here.

You don’t think these clubs are petty enough to charge us what we charge them?

Cute. I suggest you have a look at why both halves of the Old Firm have cut each other’s away allocation for their derbies. 

?

14 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

You don’t think these clubs are petty enough to charge us what we charge them?

Cute. I suggest you have a look at why both halves of the Old Firm have cut each other’s away allocation for their derbies. 

?

What are you on about?

We charge £30 Bronze and £32 Gold for Cat A with £11 for U13's.

I suggest you have a look at what Rangers charged us last week.

Cutting the allocation has got nothing to do with pricing.

I see you haven't commented on the fact that we do charge £20 for away fans (bronze) and £5 for kids under 13 (Bronze & Gold) for the majority of our home games.

I can see you point if we had a 30,000 seater stadium but the fact that we don't have the capacity makes your idea a non starter.

What are you on about?

We charge £30 Bronze and £32 Gold for Cat A with £11 for U13's.

I suggest you have a look at what Rangers charged us last week.

Cutting the allocation has got nothing to do with pricing.

I see you haven't commented on the fact that we do charge £20 for away fans (bronze) and £5 for kids under 13 (Bronze & Gold) for the majority of our home games.

I can see you point if we had a 30,000 seater stadium but the fact that we don't have the capacity makes your idea a non starter.

Odd how Livingston fans were charged £28 then ?

I mentioned them cutting their allocations because they’re both petty wee institutions with a massive ego. Therefore, they’re likely to do to others, what they do to them. It’s kinda simple to see what my point is there, like. 

I know exactly how much I was charged for a ticket for Ibrox. I was there.