• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brian Fantana

• Jammy T

• Seymour M Hersh

• tcjambo

Selkirkhmfc1874

They're hard team to play against for sure , they've got a style that suits them and who can blame them considering the small budget they've got?

17 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Every team in the league at the top end will drop stupid points that drives their fans nuts when their team isn’t on it and the other team simply frustrate them or outplay them.

It was our turn today. Leeds lost at home today which will piss them off.

Celtic’s turn last week against St Mirren

Rangers turn the week before against Motherwell

Shit happens but we MUST win our next two games to make sure that momentum is retained and we keep on track for a special season rather than just a better one than last year.

Erudite and unnervingly accurate Jammy.

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

Just a casual bump 

Read the first few posts on page 1 only realising it was not tonight when Jimmy Dunne was mentioned, not much changed 

they are poor but our tactics tonight were something else . 

1 minute ago, qferryjam said:

Read the first few posts on page 1 only realising it was not tonight when Jimmy Dunne was mentioned, not much changed 

Haha that's exactly what I did!! Folks need a reality check if they think Livi would do anything different, they were on a terrible run and needed to break it. Away to Hearts was not the game to go expansive!! Fair play to them, as for all the time wasting if we were at Parkhead in same situation I'd have no problem us doing the same.

Brian Fantana

It was just painful tonight. 

We were nowhere near good enough, as per the first fixture at Tynecastle. Our record against them in the league is P3 W0 L1 D2. 0 goals for and 5 against. And that is also nowhere near good enough. 

Livingston had their game plan and stuck to it. Press high where they could resulting in us lumping it from the back where there big centre halves could win aerial battles against Naismith all day. It worked for them before and did again tonight. Not finding a way to combat that is our failure as a team.

But their gamesmanship is next level stuff. Niggly fouls, time-wasting from practically the first minute. They were applauding themselves for booting balls into the corners and giving their keeper thumbs up for the time he was taking. It works for them, as a fan base we then get wound up and it feeds onto the park. 

The two games I've left Tynecastle most angry this season are both the Livingston games. It probably says more about me than them. Utterly infuriating team to watch and play against. 

Such a pishy side its unreal clubs like them and Hamilton are not there for entertainment. That said, they have even less cash than us to spend and have taken big scalps this season. Fair play to them for that, can only pish with what you've got

22 minutes ago, qferryjam said:

Yup, me too. Scarily accurate for tonight. 

Edited by clouston1992

against livvy you have to score first and preferably early to make them open up and commit players forward, if not they’ll sit in and frustrate the life out of you.

we just ain’t as good as some people think we are.

8 minutes ago, Snedescu said:

They are a modern day Airdrie.

Last night was the first time I have seen a football team kick for touch like they do in rugby. 

aye thought that to be weird, 2nd worse support to visit us, bit more than hamilton, had 3 buses must have been half full.

Like it or not, but Levein got our tactics completely wrong last night. 

There was was no need to play 5 at the back against Livingston, who never approached the game as a team who ever entertained actually winning the game. Nor did we need 3 central midfielders. 

Playing cautiously at home to Livingston? Bizarre. 

I used to have a wee soft spot for Livi, probably due to them embarrassing Hibs in the Cup but they were a fluffy wee club. They are fast becoming an annoyance, a team that celebrates 0-0 draws after clogging their way through games. 

In short Livi are-

A s***ey wee team

From a s***ey wee town

With a s***ey wee stadium

Play on a s***ey playing surface

Playing s***ey over aggressive anti-football

They are basically the new Hamilton, except.... God I hate myself for saying this... Hamilton at least have a history 

Selkirkhmfc1874
22 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Like it or not, but Levein got our tactics completely wrong last night. 

There was was no need to play 5 at the back against Livingston, who never approached the game as a team who ever entertained actually winning the game. Nor did we need 3 central midfielders. 

Playing cautiously at home to Livingston? Bizarre. 

Exactly, defensive negative rubbish 

First and foremost Hearts deserve all the criticism for failure to break then down but my over riding feeling after that was if I never have to watch Livvie ever again it will be too soon.  

A team that came for a 0-0 and got it if you want to see a a good game dont watch livi against any team terrible to watch. 

6 minutes ago, smartin1987 said:

A team that came for a 0-0 and got it if you want to see a a good game dont watch livi against any team terrible to watch. 

Agreed, but is it kinda our fault?

If Livvy had come to Tynie the first time ,played that way and got stuffed, do you think they would have played the same way again?

Maybe, but I bet they would think twice, and maybe try something different.

We are encouraging teams to play this way cos they know it works!!

You just need to score against livi and you will win the longer its 0-0 playing you are playing in to there hands. 

42 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Agreed, but is it kinda our fault?

If Livvy had come to Tynie the first time ,played that way and got stuffed, do you think they would have played the same way again?

Maybe, but I bet they would think twice, and maybe try something different.

We are encouraging teams to play this way cos they know it works!!

They have played the same way all season against all their opponents,

they slowed it down from the first to last minute , we didn’t help with a lack of urgency all over the pitch 

4 games against them and we haven’t learned a thing 

rudi must stay

Detestable team who foul like crazy, but to be fair they know their strengths and are clever in how they attack. I'm still hopeful all guns blazing we can get them back for that match earlier this season though, they are due one

Livingston as a club has no soul. If you tried an exorcism on them the bad spirits would just raise an eyebrow and explain they had no interest in the first place. 

Effective football but what is the actual point of them when there are junior teams like Talbot, the Rose's, even Bo'ness, although it hurts me to say it, who generate more passion from the supporters. 

I'm all for them falling out the leagues.