• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brian Fantana

• Jammy T

• Seymour M Hersh

• tcjambo

queensferryjambo

Livingston done what the had to, to get a positive result.

It might come as a shock to people but teams like Livingston  aren't obliged to come and let Hearts win easily.

I thought Livingston were decent in spells today. If they take points off us they will take points of our rivals.

1 minute ago, queensferryjambo said:

Livingston done what the had to, to get a positive result.

It might come as a shock to people but teams like Livingston  aren't obliged to come and let Hearts win easily.

I thought Livingston were decent in spells today. If they take points off us they will take points of our rivals.

Exactly, that’s football. It’s Holts job to play to his teams strengths and get as many points as possible for his team, it worked today. It’s also Levein and the players job to find a way to overcome it but we couldn’t. Move on to next game and take it in the chin, they will take pints of others as said.

rudi must stay
2 hours ago, The Merse said:

They were a lot better than I expected and unfortunately deserved the point.

Well said. Menza looks good up front, probably the best striker on the pitch. And Holt is clearly a good, well organised manager. We'll have easier games this season

Again, I genuinely thought that they done what they set out to do. Definitely not accusing them of anti football, they were well organised, defended well and got it tactically spot on. Their players ran all day today and then some.

Just their "afters" from first minute to last that wound me up. I get it's part of the game and every team will likely be at it, just today was the most I've noticed it consistently from a single team for a good while. 

1 hour ago, crusty1984 said:

Livingston were brilliant today. Did exactly what they had to do.  Any chat of anti football is pure Hibs. Don’t expect that shite from hearts fans. 

Just this

moaning about how they set up is, in my view, ridiculous 

3 hours ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Thought for the first 30mins they were good, in our faces first to every ball, they after that frustrated and played for a draw which they deserved. 

Don't like the way they play but they deserved the point. 

We didn't do enough. 

pretty much how I saw it. We were honking 

They did what they had to do to get a point, it was us that couldn't deal with it today. Both teams got what they deserved unfortunately.

Edited by 1953

2 hours ago, innerjambo said:

They did what they needed to do fair and square. We're just not as good as we think we are.

First game i've been to for a long time, was very disappointed with our  performance as well as the ref, but , they  set out not to get beat and they succeeded

Livi have alway had a decent season when they come back up to the top flight if I remember correctly Europe there first season back and they have always been a bogey team. But at least it wasn't 3 points lost onwards and upwards one game at a time Imo. 

Edited by macker1874
Typo

been here before
3 hours ago, neilnunb said:

We knew exactly how they'd be. It was up to us to find ways to beat them, which we rarely looked like doing.

Ptetty much this. Livingston had a plan and stuck to it well. They never pretended otherwise. Holt was on thevradio before the game saying exactly what they would do. There wasnt a supporter in the ground today who thought Livvy would do anything other than what they done and lets be honest they done it well.

If this Hearts team have any serious intentions about doing anything this year they'll have to get used to teams coming to Tynecastle and playing like that. Theyll also have to find a way to counteract it.

Fair play to livi, stuck to the job they set out to do and frustrated us no end, a point was probably about right though even with the chances we had they had a couple themselves. Onwards and upwards, we move on to Wednesday and I’m sure we will put today behind us and earn a trip to Hampden. 

Nucky Thompson

Not sour grapes because we didn't beat them, but they are a team with no history, whose fans are made up from turncoats who feel they have to have some affinity with the shithole they live in

The_razors_edge

Livvy are a team working within a very tight budget. They play to their strengths which is hard work, resilience and organisation. It’s not pretty but as evidenced today (and last week by all accounts) it’s very effective. Any Hearts supporters expecting them to come to Tynie today and play an open and expansive game need a reality check. Personally, I don’t grudge them their point today. We simply didn’t have the creativity or imagination to break them down. What today highlighted is how important Uche is to our style of play and that we’re probably still a striker light at this point in time. 

4 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

Livvy are a team working within a very tight budget. They play to their strengths which is hard work, resilience and organisation. It’s not pretty but as evidenced today (and last week by all accounts) it’s very effective. Any Hearts supporters expecting them to come to Tynie today and play an open and expansive game need a reality check. Personally, I don’t grudge them their point today. We simply didn’t have the creativity or imagination to break them down. What today highlighted is how important Uche is to our style of play and that we’re probably still a striker light at this point in time. 

Spot on

I must admit I admire their squad a bit, piss poor footballers who make up for it with sheer endeavour

Thought the WUM up front for them Domynenga? Actually did a really good job of keeping our defence busy whilst the rest of their team worked hard to ensure that we couldn't play how we wanted to, chucked themselves in front of a few shots and crosses and made it very hard for us to get shots away 

Simple fact is that we need to make sure that we can cut open a committed team like that with the experience and quality that we have

Every team in the league at the top end will drop stupid points that drives their fans nuts when their team isn’t on it and the other team simply frustrate them or outplay them.

It was our turn today. Leeds lost at home today which will piss them off.

Celtic’s turn last week against St Mirren

Rangers turn the week before against Motherwell

Shit happens but we MUST win our next two games to make sure that momentum is retained and we keep on track for a special season rather than just a better one than last year.

Edited by Jammy T

53 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

I must admit I admire their squad a bit, piss poor footballers who make up for it with sheer endeavour

Thought the WUM up front for them Domynenga? Actually did a really good job of keeping our defence busy whilst the rest of their team worked hard to ensure that we couldn't play how we wanted to, chucked themselves in front of a few shots and crosses and made it very hard for us to get shots away 

Simple fact is that we need to make sure that we can cut open a committed team like that with the experience and quality that we have

Thats probably the sort of player that Clare will be by the sounds of things....

been here before
9 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Not sour grapes because we didn't beat them, but they are a team with no history, whose fans are made up from turncoats who feel they have to have some affinity with the shithole they live in

What a crock of slavering shite. I suppose youd rather those "turncoats" travelled west to support the OF or even east to support an Edinburgh team as opposed to putting their money into and supporting their local team.

A League Cup, a few divisional titles, playing in europe, succesive promotions and a challenge cup. Not to bad for a team with no history. 

13 hours ago, tian447 said:

There is a reason that Livingston struggle to break the 2,000 attendance mark, and it's because of watching shite like that every week.

It did the job as far as they're concerned though, and we won't be the only teams that will struggle to break them down.

Spot on.

awful to watch. 

13 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Laurel and Hardy on BBC commentating thought they were outstanding 

That's very annoying. I agree that teams will come and do what they have to do to get a point and we have to have a plan B for when they do. If we score early they have to adjust and game opens up. If we don't we'll have to watch a lot of similar games. They will take points of other teams, including the OF IMO.

Awful to watch 

I was impressed with how organised they were, and how much they played for each other.

With a bit of luck,  we could wave won 2 or 3 nil. 

Huge disappointment for us after recent performances. 

Governor Tarkin
15 hours ago, The Merse said:

They were a lot better than I expected and unfortunately deserved the point.

I thought so too.

Governor Tarkin
8 hours ago, Buffalo Bill said:

I much rather criticise that Hearts performance than Livi’s. 

But did you boo at the full time whistle though?

The Real Maroonblood
15 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Agree.  You do what you have to, to win. 

Not criticising anyone on here moaning about them, you’re entitled to an opinion. 

But ive never been in the mindset to have a go at a team who take something off us. More inclined to look at our own shortcomings. 

This.

Seymour M Hersh
8 hours ago, Buffalo Bill said:

I much rather criticise that Hearts performance than Livi’s. 

There's plenty of threads for that BB this one is about them.

They were extremely well organised where everyone knew what was expected of them. They have achieved successive promotions without the appropriate infrastructure to support that progression. 

They already have a big lead on St Mirren and Dundee in particular, a gap which will take some bridging. I thought they'd be cannon fodder and they haven't been. The points they've accumulated so far mean they will still have a real chance of survival come winter window 

They had one or two who looked decent in addition to the well organised basis of the group. The lad up top was a real handful all day 

They have a real chance of staying up based on what I watched yesterday. That would indicate Holt very much knows what he's doing 

HeartOfWestLothian

I don’t quite get people’s hatred of Livingston. Being from there I quite like to see them do well and I was happy they got promoted. Obviously I was hoping and thought we’d win comfortably but Livingston are a hard team to beat, fair play to them. If they stay up this season it will be massive to them and their finances. 

When they first came up to the premier league I didn’t really see them as having a true fan base but now years later I do see quite a few kids with Livi tops on. My mate is also a secondary school teacher at one of the local schools and said most of the kids either support Livi or us. For me that’s refreshing to hear as at my school it was pretty much OF dominated with a couple of jambos thrown in. 

Nucky Thompson
3 hours ago, been here before said:

What a crock of slavering shite. I suppose youd rather those "turncoats" travelled west to support the OF or even east to support an Edinburgh team as opposed to putting their money into and supporting their local team.

A League Cup, a few divisional titles, playing in europe, succesive promotions and a challenge cup. Not to bad for a team with no history. 

I saw a Hearts fan who was in our hotel when we played Real Majorca in 98, decked out in Livi gear the next again season.

I might be different to you, but I could never change my team.

Their wee cup win and their brief rise to the top cost them 2 administrations. I hope the next one buries them for good

avhudtheteeshirt
18 hours ago, tcjambo said:

Not single  ball all match played other than a pump up the park. 

Apart from the pass through by Pittman that our keeper had to come out and save, it could have cost us the game!!!!

been here before
23 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I saw a Hearts fan who was in our hotel when we played Real Majorca in 98, decked out in Livi gear the next again season.

I might be different to you, but I could never change my team.

Their wee cup win and their brief rise to the top cost them 2 administrations. I hope the next one buries them for good

You seem really quite bitter about something.

You'll be giving Wednesday a miss I presume. No much point in "the wee cup" really eh?

Edited by been here before

letsalldothebeattie

Said to the guys next to me yesterday it must be grim going to watch Livi week in week out. They have a game plan against teams and fair play it works but it’s brutal to watch no doubt about that

13 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

Apart from the pass through by Pittman that our keeper had to come out and save, it could have cost us the game!!!!

True Bobby did really well

4 hours ago, been here before said:

Got to agree. You get Jambos whining about the OF dragging glory hunting fans from all aver the country and then slagging off people who follow their local side - hypocrisy or what. I’d much rather see the folk in West Lothian supporting Livingston, that’s if they’ve not got the sense to follow us, of course ?

6 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

But did you boo at the full time whistle though?

No. I just trundled away very disappointed in our performance. 

6 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

There's plenty of threads for that BB this one is about them.

There’s a lot of annoyance and frustration above over how Livingston approached the game. I think they deserve praise for successfully implementing their game plan, however ugly it was. 

We didn’t execute ours, hence, that’s how I chose to respond to this thread. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Did their job well. Very well. Stop greetin. 

Good luck to them carrying out the plan for weeks to come I say. Nobody complaining when they beat Hibs 

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Did their job well. Very well. Stop greetin. 

Good luck to them carrying out the plan for weeks to come I say. Nobody complaining when they beat Hibs 

:spoton:

They set out to disrupt us. They were in our face on and off the ball. They also played for a draw hoping that somehow they’d nick a goal and win it. 

They time wasted and frustratingly grad the ball at every Haearts free kick. Why the refs don’t stop this tactic is beyond me. If we did that rest assured we’d pick up bookings. 

Edited by Dannie Boy

J.T.F.Robertson
21 hours ago, innerjambo said:

They did what they needed to do fair and square. We're just not as good as we think we are.

Both statements are probably closer to the truth of the matter.

1 hour ago, Dannie Boy said:

They set out to disrupt us. They were in our face on and off the ball. They also played for a draw hoping that somehow they’d nick a goal and win it. 

They time wasted and frustratingly grad the ball at every Haearts free kick. Why the refs don’t stop this tactic is beyond me. If we did that rest assured we’d pick up bookings. 

This is the part of their play I was getting at when starting the thread. Seems to have become a thread about their style of play but not my intention.