Rangers (A) Tickets Sold Out

August Landmesser

7 hours ago, been here before said:

Just think though that those of us who dont go to Ibrox or Parkhead for whatever reason end up making it that little bit easier for super-dooper mega uber jambos like you to get a ticket.

Didn't really suggest that I was a "super-dooper mega uber jambo" though did I. How do you become one? Is that when you accumulate enough Maroon Points via FoH contributions? If so, I'm upping the £30000/month I currently pay.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo 4 Ever

• been here before

• Sooperstar

• Jambos_1874

chester copperpot
8 hours ago, Stuart G said:

59 points and having a go at a poster on the broken seats thread about attending matches, trying to portray yourself as an uber fan, no problem with anyone who can't manage to games all the time but don't come across as if you go to every game and then forget and post your loyalty points on another thread.

Doubt he has even that many.

59 points?

:Aye:

been here before
25 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Didn't really suggest that I was a "super-dooper mega uber jambo" though did I.

Aye, you did though.

Edited by been here before

15 minutes ago, been here before said:

You did though.

Just said I had enough loyalty points which is a statement of fact. As for not going to Ibrox to avoid giving them money, I still don't understand that, for those who may otherwise have gone, they decide against it on that basis.

9 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Just said I had enough loyalty points which is a statement of fact. As for not going to Ibrox to avoid giving them money, I still don't understand that, for those who may otherwise have gone, they decide against it on that basis.

What don't you understand?  The guy says he doesn't want to give Rangers his cash.  Seems easy enough to get.

It's basically paying £30 to sit in a crumbling shitehole surrounded by the hordes of Uruk Hai while they slaver and throw bottles of pish at you.  Thankfully, I have the required number of loyalty points and imagine that I'll toddle along for the fun.

9 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

Is there 900 fans with 90 plus points? Doubt it IMO 

I reckon there will be, most folk I know that go every week have over the 90 points. There will also be 100 or so tickets kept back for players, coaches etc. I am pretty certain there won’t be a 2nd phase for this one.

I am not really bothered about going to be honest with it being a sunday and £30 however if we get a result through there after 7 wins on the spin i’d be gutted to miss it.

portobellojambo1

Next week could see us take the number of consecutive league wins up to 7, and have us in a League Cup semi-final. Then, we get a test against RFC at Ibrox, a game which if we approach it correctly (i.e. not change away from the successful way we are playing at the moment) is definitely winnable and will be a huge statement of intent.

It's good to be both enjoying the football on offer and looking forward to upcoming fixtures/

Looking forward to this one. We’ve got a good chance of getting something from this one and if we do it will be huge for us in terms of belief and continued momentum. Assuming the next three games go the way I think they will of course. It’s always nice going to ibrox as well so I can point out to all the the rangers ‘supporters’ at my work that I have been to their teams ground more times this season than all of them put together once again! 

I think there will be a second bite - club is being careful after earlier criticism...

or or maybe just wishful thinking - I have 84 Points

10 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

I'd assume that's how the club set the LP threshold.

They'll find out how many tickets they have, then set the LP's at that number so as to allow everyone that falls into that category the chance to buy a ticket.

Obviously not everyone will want one so they will lower the threshold accordingly.

On 19/09/2018 at 13:20, Jambos_1874 said:

I absolutely detest the Hun but I can't believe people wouldn't go because they don't want to give them money (I know there are other factors too; shite hole, unpleasant fans etc). Supporting Hearts should always be the priority.

Have enough LPs and I'm desperate to get a ticket for this one. There are few better things than beating them on their own patch.

Spot on. Bizarre behaviour from some.

Italian Lambretta
9 hours ago, scottg71 said:

I love these threads. Seeing how little loyalty points some of the biggest mouths have

Exactly

I have a lot more than 90 points and yet im viewed on here by certain arseholes as Hun who cant afford the bus fare to ibrox. 

Ill be proudly standing in the corner with the other 900 gorgie loyal

11 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

I reckon there will be, most folk I know that go every week have over the 90 points. There will also be 100 or so tickets kept back for players, coaches etc. I am pretty certain there won’t be a 2nd phase for this one.

I am not really bothered about going to be honest with it being a sunday and £30 however if we get a result through there after 7 wins on the spin i’d be gutted to miss it.

Dont even need to go every week, I didn’t go to Cove away or Inverness home this season and I’m over 90. 

13 minutes ago, JCR said:

Dont even need to go every week, I didn’t go to Cove away or Inverness home this season and I’m over 90. 

That's some age to be travelling to football matches. Well done, sir! ???

22 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

I reckon there’s probably more than 900. In my network on etickets there’s 6 people. 3 out of those have 90+. 

19 minutes ago, Helzibob said:

I reckon there’s probably more than 900. In my network on etickets there’s 6 people. 3 out of those have 90+. 

Laddie at TO confirmed there is indeed over 900 with 90 or more points 

1 hour ago, PTBCAL said:

Laddie at TO confirmed there is indeed over 900 with 90 or more points 

Bit of a stupid amount to set the LPs to then. Should be set at an amount that guarantees the most loyal supporters a ticket. Give them one/two days to purchase then drop the amount if need be. Or is that too sensible?

5 hours ago, RDC1 said:

Bit of a stupid amount to set the LPs to then. Should be set at an amount that guarantees the most loyal supporters a ticket. Give them one/two days to purchase then drop the amount if need be. Or is that too sensible?

Given that they've done this for a few years now I'm pretty sure they'll have a very good idea of how many of the eligible fans won't but a ticket for the match and set the level accordingly.

Maybe only 750 fans have 91 points and they didn't want a scramble for the last of the tickets.

21 hours ago, Haken said:

What don't you understand?  The guy says he doesn't want to give Rangers his cash.  Seems easy enough to get.

It's basically paying £30 to sit in a crumbling shitehole surrounded by the hordes of Uruk Hai while they slaver and throw bottles of pish at you.  Thankfully, I have the required number of loyalty points and imagine that I'll toddle along for the fun.

It sounds like lashings of fun.  As a matter if interest, do they just sort of spray the pish or do they throw the bottle as well? Are they environmentally responsible and use glass bottles or are they single use plastic bottles of pish?

Sorry to be so technical but I'm sure it is a well thought through scientific strategy.

2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

It sounds like lashings of fun.  As a matter if interest, do they just sort of spray the pish or do they throw the bottle as well? Are they environmentally responsible and use glass bottles or are they single use plastic bottles of pish?

Sorry to be so technical but I'm sure it is a well thought through scientific strategy.

Health and safety  rules at Ibrox require that only plastic bottles are used when lobbing pish at away fans.

7 hours ago, RDC1 said:

Clearly not everyone over 90 will buy a ticket. I'm sure everyone who wants one and has that many points will have ample opportunity to buy one.

Wasn’t really able to get to many away games last season but haven’t missed one this season home or away, sitting on 61 points and can’t see them dropping that low, any kind kickbacker got 2 spare refs? Or even 1 would do me, my mate can bolt ?

9 minutes ago, Serge Pizzorno said:

Will drop to 80, or just wishful thinking as I'm on 82...

I'm on 66 so if it drops and it doesn't go down that far I will be smashing the windows of the ticket office.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Bought a ticket which results in my loyalty points being increased further.

The rich get richer. :smuggy:

Surely this won't go to a second phase. How many tickets do we get? 800 aye? Think that's how many Celtic got.

I promised myself I wouldn't be back after the Friday night game that got called off after half an our in the snow - shambles that evening. 

Hartleys_Jam_Tart
2 hours ago, Jambo1956 said:

How many LP do you need to become a PHM?

Edited by Hartleys_Jam_Tart

16 hours ago, RDC1 said:

Quite a few regular away fans give Ibrox and Parkhead a miss these days. Too many years of being treated like a lowlife when you go through there to visit them. 6 in our group don’t go to either nowadays, all with well over 90 lp’s  

been here before
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Quite a few regular away fans give Ibrox and Parkhead a miss these days. Too many years of being treated like a lowlife when you go through there to visit them. 6 in our group don’t go to either nowadays, all with well over 90 lp’s  

Indeed although I bought a ticket for a pal of mine.

6 hours ago, weegiejambo8 said:

I promised myself I wouldn't be back after the Friday night game that got called off after half an our in the snow - shambles that evening. 

As did I.

However the prospect of beating them on their own patch is too much to resist.