New Wonder Kid Signing?

Graeme Russell

1 hour ago, been here before said:

Aye?

CfBtQJyXEAAGSYV.jpg.c28c114e638e40d7db2ea7273135b13c.jpg

2607570_xbig-lnd.jpg.288d272cd7212118a9e53e4592e3cd62.jpg

240689-under-16-jvc-world-cup-final-saudi-arabia-u16-v-scotland-u16-BJJCAH.thumb.jpg.69923c3ebc6eccbb8435185cdf708fe0.jpg

1343089108_Dickovinfinal.jpg.9518d8e1b0e89f6ed7739d54b59d4d41.jpg

Where?

It was an u16 tourny. Looking at those pics, you can see his point, forgiving the beard rhetoric!!!!

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Jammy T

• been here before

• All roads lead to Gorgie

1 hour ago, salvo69 said:

I got Conal Murtagh on the back of my top as he was meant to be a big thing, doesn’t even appear on Wiki so clearly did nothing after leaving Hearts ?

Funnily enough popped up on a Liverpool video I was watching last week. He is now dr murtaugh and is first team fitness coach at Liverpool 

I’m going to buy a top with “MAX” printed on it. He’s going to be the next big thing, and I want to be the guy who got in there first. :smug:

Bridge of Djoum
16 hours ago, Jammy T said:

The only Lithuanian signing that was a coup was Janny.

The rest, including Novikovas, just kept on coming on the Romanov Lithuanian bus...

Romanov told us they were all great players 

Zal.

Bridge of Djoum
16 hours ago, Jammy T said:

The only Lithuanian signing that was a coup was Janny.

The rest, including Novikovas, just kept on coming on the Romanov Lithuanian bus...

Romanov told us they were all great players 

DP.

Edited by New York Fleapit

1 hour ago, EH4JAMBO said:

Funnily enough popped up on a Liverpool video I was watching last week. He is now dr murtaugh and is first team fitness coach at Liverpool 

:wow:

that's a brilliantly random piece of trivia. I remember him as a youth player here. Fair play to him getting a gig at Liverpool

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

I’ve covered him.

I saw that.

Don't think he was as bad as you make out. Certainly did have a ''moment'' or 2 in him though.

42 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

I saw that.

Don't think he was as bad as you make out. Certainly did have a ''moment'' or 2 in him though.

What positive contribution did he make to the team in his first two years at the club?

It didn’t help, to be fair, that Romanov thought he was the new Viera and played him in midfield.

been here before
2 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

And so it continues.........page 5 coming soon guys ?

Even sooner if you keep contributing.

Footballfirst
2 hours ago, Bez said:

I’m going to buy a top with “MAX” printed on it. He’s going to be the next big thing, and I want to be the guy who got in there first. :smug:

The Ukranian lad's first name was Maksym.

No sign of any new faces at Riccarton this morning with just the U12s and U16s playing Kilmarnock.  The U16s were winning 6-1 when I had to leave with about 10 mins left.

Scott Maxwell aka Tatty Tynecastle BC different scenario to our expensive  European hunt for missed talent. 

Edited by Lfhearts
Predictive text

4 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

No sign of any new faces at Riccarton this morning with just the U12s and U16s playing Kilmarnock.  The U16s were winning 6-1 when I had to leave with about 10 mins left.

Aw... :(

been here before
15 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

And you keep quoting ?

and me ?

But then we're no greeting about it whilst adding to it...

33 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The boy that has signed is 11 and is so good he has skipped all youth age groups

18 minutes ago, Homme said:

The boy that has signed is 11 and is so good he has skipped all youth age groups

Straight into the first team?  ?

Jambof3tornado
59 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Left with 10 minutes to go you say.

Poor level of dedication.

Only joking of course.

jambos are go!
On ‎30‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 19:30, whodanny said:

56 minutes ago, bairdy said:

One for the 'auld yins.'    Hugh Goldie anyone ?

Reserve Centre Forward with a mop of red hair IIRC around the mid sixties. At most a couple of appearances. No substitutes in those days so fewer opportunities to get a run in the First Team.

12 minutes ago, Meadows said:

Sean McKirdy is another youngster who whilst not tagged with the wonder kid baggage, didn’t make the grade either . 

Where is he now, Falkirk? 

The White Cockade
3 minutes ago, bikerjambo said:

What age was he when he moved to Derby? Does he qualify as a wonderkid?

Was 

3 minutes ago, bikerjambo said:

What age was he when he moved to Derby? Does he qualify as a wonderkid?

Was being facetious

Sorry BJ!

I did like a Eric though when I was a wee lad watching reserve games with my old man in the old stand 

1 hour ago, Meadows said:

Sean McKirdy is another youngster who whilst not tagged with the wonder kid baggage, didn’t make the grade either . 

I don't remember McKirdy ever being tagged as a wonder kid.

29 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

I don't remember McKirdy ever being tagged as a wonder kid.

Luckily I said he wasn’t a wonder kid . However, I do believe he was sought after when we signed him , he was our youngest ever debutant when Frail played him and was tipped to go on and have an illustrious career .... similiar to some of the afore mentioned wonder kids .

10 minutes ago, Meadows said:

Luckily I said he wasn’t a wonder kid . However, I do believe he was sought after when we signed him , he was our youngest ever debutant when Frail played him and was tipped to go on and have an illustrious career .... similiar to some of the afore mentioned wonder kids .

I think Sean Mckirdy was about 10 years old when Frail was manager.

Scott Robinson however was 16.......

38 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I think Sean Mckirdy was about 10 years old when Frail was manager.

Scott Robinson however was 16.......

Gotcha ...?

Was it RN who gave McKirdy his debut ? 

jamboinglasgow

I remember hearing Tim Vickery, the journalist who covers South American football, talk about how he learnt after covering many U17 and U20 international competitions, then if you want to get a better idea of who will make it you dont pay too much attention to under 17. He told how there are so many players who stand out so much at aged 16 then too often others catch up with them or overtake them in the next few years. So does explain why so many tagged as wonderkids below the age of 17 just dont reach their potential.

At the moment I am not holding my breath that this transfer will happen as there has only been one person who has said it (and thats not a dig against the OP as I am sure he has been told this by someone else he believes, just I always look for collaboration of info to confirm.) I always want the best talent at the academy. 

One thing I did find was that I always thought FIFA rules on Under 18 transfers were that player either had to move to the new country because of his parents moving for non-football reasons or that the new club is a maximum of 50 miles away from his home (so say Belgium 15 year old could sign for Feyenoord.) But found out a player aged 16 or 17 can move to another country in the EU/EEA provided the club he moves to provides certain things for the players well being and development off and on the pitch.) 

12 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

My wee brother played in that. The Saudi team was a joke. They all had full beards and their kids on the sidelines. Never U19.

I was at that game, massive queues to get in.

It was an under 16 tourney, remember a gasp in the crowd when the Saudis walked out.

Some of them looked reasonable, but there were 5-6 that looked mid 20,s at best.

Was the nearest thing to a genuine men v boys I have seen.

The Scots lads actually did pretty well but just got out-muscled.

A number of questions asked at the time, and some serious doubts about birth certificates.

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I remember hearing Tim Vickery, the journalist who covers South American football, talk about how he learnt after covering many U17 and U20 international competitions, then if you want to get a better idea of who will make it you dont pay too much attention to under 17. He told how there are so many players who stand out so much at aged 16 then too often others catch up with them or overtake them in the next few years. So does explain why so many tagged as wonderkids below the age of 17 just dont reach their potential.

At the moment I am not holding my breath that this transfer will happen as there has only been one person who has said it (and thats not a dig against the OP as I am sure he has been told this by someone else he believes, just I always look for collaboration of info to confirm.) I always want the best talent at the academy. 

One thing I did find was that I always thought FIFA rules on Under 18 transfers were that player either had to move to the new country because of his parents moving for non-football reasons or that the new club is a maximum of 50 miles away from his home (so say Belgium 15 year old could sign for Feyenoord.) But found out a player aged 16 or 17 can move to another country in the EU/EEA provided the club he moves to provides certain things for the players well being and development off and on the pitch.) 

Read up a lot on Tim Vickery recently. Very interesting guy, really knows his stuff.