• letsalldothebeattie

• Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
14 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yes 

Celtic losing points to Hearts. In our own hands.

If Celtic only lost points to us they'd still finish well clear in first. Bit naive to say it's in our own hands 4 games into the season. For us to have any chance we'll need Rangers, Hibs, Killie ect to take points off them.

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

If Celtic only lost points to us they'd still finish well clear in first. Bit naive to say it's in our own hands 4 games into the season. For us to have any chance we'll need Rangers, Hibs, Killie ect to take points off them.

So, it's not in our own hands?

Geoff Kilpatrick
5 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Er, I think you'll find it is still in everyone's hands, even Dundee!

Edited by Geoff Kilpatrick

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'm saying we need Celtic to drop points against other teams to have a chance. Disagree? 

Just now, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

I'm saying we need Celtic to drop points against other teams to have a chance. Disagree? 

Yes. I do.

Celtic dropping points against others will help us of course but we don't need them too for us to have a chance. 

We are 4 games in. We should be concentrating on ourselves. Keep winning and see what happens. Other results will look after themselves. If that puts us in a position at the end of the season where we need another team to do us a favour then yes, at that stage we would need them to help us out. Right now, it is in our own hands the same as it is for everyone else. It's too soon to worry about other games.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
9 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It is in every teams hands at this point. 

We have played 4 games out of 38.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Er, I think you'll find it is still in everyone's hands, even Dundee!

We'll need some good fortune and results to go our way to win the league. If we can go undefeated at home and win over half our games away we're in with a shot. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

We'll need some good fortune and results to go our way to win the league. If we can go undefeated at home and win over half our games away we're in with a shot. 

Absolutely, and people saying we are putting in a challenge are getting ahead of themselves, IMO.

6 minutes ago, Gavsy Van Gaverson said:

Exactly

Edited by Hearts007

17 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

4 wins over Celtic is 12 points (and a 24 point difference to 4 defeats) 

In the past wins over old firm teams was seen as what you had to do to win the league in Scotland (I know its 33 years so don't expect too many to know that). 

At the moment winning the league is in our own hands. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Yes. I do.

Celtic dropping points against others will help us of course but we don't need them too for us to have a chance. 

We are 4 games in. We should be concentrating on ourselves. Keep winning and see what happens. Other results will look after themselves. If that puts us in a position at the end of the season where we need another team to do us a favour then yes, at that stage we would need them to help us out. Right now, it is in our own hands the same as it is for everyone else. It's too soon to worry about other games.

If we're looking at staying top for as long as possible every point Celtic drop should be celebrated. Every game is just as important as the next. Celtic dropping points today would be just as significant as them losing points with 4 games to go.

If we have any chance to win the league we need Celtic to drop points. 

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

If we're looking at staying top for as long as possible every point Celtic drop should be celebrated. Every game is just as important as the next. Celtic dropping points today would be just as significant as them losing points with 4 games to go.

I agree with the bit in bold ??

Celtic will win this league by a mile yet again. 

Our  job is to be the best of the rest and we have a good chance of being there or thereabouts. I’ve seen Rangers 2 or 3 times this year so far and in my option we have a better side Than then 

Edited by rick witter

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
7 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Absolutely, and people saying we are putting in a challenge are getting ahead of themselves, IMO.

I agree Geoff. We'll probably be fighting for 2nd at the end of the season with Celtic way out in front again. Nothing wrong with dreaming though. It will happen one season, this is our best chance since the 05/06 season. We don't have the players we did but we also don't have an owner who will press the self destruct button.

8 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

So this is a fair point. 

But surely Rangers are good contenders too. You would certainly think so from media. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

So this is a fair point. 

But surely Rangers are good contenders too. You would certainly think so from media. 

Still too early in the season to write them off but I can't see them challenging. At times they look good but there's no consistently. Looks to me like Gerrard can't change a game when it's not going Rangers' way.

Celtic

Rangers / Hearts / Aberdeen / Hibs

Thats the reality. Nobody is getting anywhere near Celtic over the course of the season. If someone, and it potentially could be us given our start are close ish in January they will spend money we can only dream of to strengthen. Just a reminder that they just received 20 million for Dembele!!!  

Everything and I mean everything would need to go right for Hearts to mount a challenge and despite an excellent start to the season we have already lost our influential colossus of a captain for 5-6 months and failed to conclude a deal to bring our big summer striker signing in! Those things will cost us points. Its just not in anyway realistic to think we are going to go from where we've been to challenging Celtic for the title, you only need to look at how they lifted themselves and brushed Rangers aside easily again today. I think the OP has been enjoying some Uruguayan hospitality this weekend if he honestly 'believes' what he has written!  

Edited by magicTs

35 minutes ago, Gavsy Van Gaverson said:

Yep.

It'll take 76-81 points to win the league. We'd need to be sitting with 40 points or so at the turn of the year after 19-20 games and then we'd need another 30 plus from the rest the next 18-19 games. After 4 games all we can probably say at the moment is we're definitely in contention to finish in the top 3 or 4. It's a good start but nothing more.

Someone on radio mentioned the other day that the great Bob Paisley once said "no league table should even be printed until 10 games into a season", i couldnt agree more.

Just listened to Gerard’s post match comments; ungracious, ‘victim not their fault’ mentality, sounded like a gobby scouser scally, no class ..... so a perfect fit for Sevco!!